[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

essential modern wRPGs past 2010

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 42b1b48439cece54.jpg (223KB, 848x1264px) Image search: [Google]
42b1b48439cece54.jpg
223KB, 848x1264px
Fallout New Vegas
Divinity: Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hongkong
Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2
Expeditions: Viking
Wasteland 2
The Banner Saga
Age of Decadence
The Witcher 3
Tyranny
Underrail

If you have not played these your opinion of western RPGs is invalid
>>
>>386332125
Ok maybe 3d girls are okay after all
>>
>>386332125
>ever playing Tranny
lul
>>
>>386332125
>The Witcher 3
Not an RPG. Might aswell name Ass Creed.
>>
>>386332125
I haven't played a single game in that list. What do they have to offer over my weeb games?
>>
>>386332239
not OP but western RPG's aren't really flashy like most JRPG's
Fallout New Vegas combines traditional shooter elements (except for sprinting) with levels and upgradable stats in an open world sort of post apocolyptic survival game

Shadowrun (Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong) are turn based iso-rpg's with an emphasis on storytelliing so you'll be doing a lot of reading
Most of the same goes for Tyranny except IIRC Tyranny isn't turn based

Haven't played the other ones on there so I can't speak for those
>>
>>386332125
>Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2

I can't speak for the second one but the first one is utter shit. The combat is awful, it's just circle strafing on a grid from beginning to end, and there isn't much else to do in the game but wander aimlessly around a dungeon and fight everything you see. You'd think a game that offers almost nothing but combat would actually have a combat system even approaching decent, Grimrock falls far short.
>>
How do people manage to play Witcher 3? I would've preferred it as a CGI movie or something and just let me skip the boring parts.
>>
>>386332507
>The combat is awful, it's just circle strafing on a grid from beginning to end
This is true. The last """boss""" surely doesn't give it a better impression either.

But the game is kind of fun just for puzzles and secrets.
>>
>>386332125
Source please
>>
>>386333396
>>
>>386332125
So is the udated version of Wasteland 2 worth a shot?
I've played on release and the combat was fucking trash with barely any options.
Did they fix that?
>>
>>386332125
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar as well
>>
>>386332125
gookanon's sister?
>>
>>386332125
add Two Worlds 2 for some of that eastern european jank
>>
>>386332125
>essential modern wRPGs
Well there is
>past 2010
Oh.
Underrail and DivOS is about it then
>>
>>386333982
>pedophiles
learn your words
>>
What do you think her butthole looks like?
>>
>>386332125
Codexfag got bored shilling grimwaaaah.
Go home gramps nobody cares.
>>
>>386332125

Does banner saga really belong in that list?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.