[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: bravdef.png (677KB, 789x684px) Image search: [Google]
bravdef.png
677KB, 789x684px
>Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.
10/10
Why can't we have more jrpg like this instead of neptunia and persona garbage?
>>
>>386327703
>if you have the courage to disobey you get the bad end and have to turn around and not think and act on your own but instead follow the instructions to the letter to get the actual good end
>>
>>386327703
This is not a perfect game by far. The last half of the game is so horridly repetitive that it ruins everything that happened before. If I have to go through one more time loop , I might just join Airy on her journey.

Also, not all Persona games are good and not all are bad. Never played Neptunia. However, P5 has a theme of rebellion and and doing what's right even if society says no. Bravely Default and Persona 5 have very similar themes and aesops.
>>
>>386327948
That's why it's called "Bravely Default". Sometimes you have to have the courage to wait until the end before making an action to rebel.
>>
I haven't seen all of Stein's Gate, much less played it, but it's quite obvious that whoever wrote it is a fucking genius.

How Square managed to get a hold of him I'll never understand.
>>
>>386327948
>if you have the courage to disobey you get the bad end
>Everyone want you to botcher last attempt and expecting you to do exactly that
>If you have actual courage to think for yourself and not just listen that everyone in the games tell, you will get real good ending
But of course retards like you got used to the persona style "rebellion" handholding
>>
>You are the one who was killing your brother over and over
>And to fix shit you have to keep doing it

How can other plots compete?
>>
>>386327703
This game and Beyond The Labyrinth looked so promising back when they were announced.
>>
>>386327703
>Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.
But that was literally Persona 5
>>
>>386327703
I'm playing this game right now. Is there anything else I should do before going into the white light and advancing to chapter 5? I already got the vampire job.
>>
>>386327948
>if you have the courage to disobey you get the bad end
what?
it's exactly the opposite. Did you even play it?

if you stand your ground in the story and go ahead breaking every crystal you face the real boss, endanger the whole fucking universe and, according to those retarded devs you get the "good" ending

In reality this game is the ultimate example that if you're a little underage shit and your parents tell you to do something there's a fucking good reason.
Instead they throw some bullshit "muh freedom, muh defiance" and go fuck all with the plot.

But what do you know, a game from a civilization that thinks beyond 20yo you're either a CEO or you better kill yourself
>>
>>386331176
You sound like a little kid. By playing along with the villain you learn enough about their plan and grind enough strength to face him head-on. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>386327948
From what I remember, on the third cycle Tiz and Ringabell already discussed that Airy was fucking with them, but decided to roll with it for a while and not to act too hasty.
>>
>>386331332
The coolest thing is that the game never has a huge reveal. It expects you to figure out who the villain is on your own by throwing hints your way and eventually changing the title screen.
>>
>>386331423
'airy lies' is basically a reveal you big dumb dingus head
>>
>>386331176
Are you retarded?
Your choices are
>Listening insane oldman who knows a very little about Airy except shit Agnes/angel from the timelooop told him, and the only thing you win is delay Airy
>Actually have brains to think for yourself and know that this time you have advatage with Airy not being able to kill yoor party too soon because there no Agnes in the remaining worlds for her to control
It was very clever "fuck you" to the others rebellions in the jrpg where just doing that you was told by "wise and neutral" characters is always the right move
>>
>>386331454
1. Wrong words
2. That happens long after you're supposed to figure out what's going on.
>>
WHO WAS YOUR PARTY LEADER?
>>
This game is going to get so much fucking attention once they get a 3DS emulator working. Can't wait.
>>
>>386331550
Edea, mostly because Tiz was white mage and bd outfit looks like garbage
In the second game Yew
>>
>>386327703
>have the courage to leave your basement

You're probably gonna get your mind blown if anyone will make something like that, you sack of lard.
>>
>>386327948
>second cycle Braev Lee
>Agnes flat out says "Now I know the Earth Vestal willingly sacrificed everyone for her own good BUT SHAME ON YOU FOR KILLING HER"
at this point I can not defend the fucking game's plot but too be fair, Yulyana was fully expecting you to fucking fail and not think on your own for his plan to work. He wanted the party to summon Ouroboros before acting
>>
>>386332109
>Agnes flat out says "BUT SHAME ON YOU FOR KILLING HER"
Why are you lying?
>He wanted the party to summon Ouroboros before acting
He wanted you to be a mindless ship and follow his advice to overload crystal
Did you even played game?
>>
>>386328135
no, this is bullshit because the game removes the prompt to awaken the crystal when Airy tells you to stop. It is your job to act on your own to shatter the crystal instead of awakening it. "Have the courage to disobey" gets you the fucking bad ending. Breaking the crystal instead of awakening it is barely referenced
>>
>>386331243
>oh yeah this 5 iterations of the same sequence for fucking nothing its just to let you know the villain plans better
>here a bullshit explaination on why this story makes sense
At least have the dignity to admit you should never play a jrpg for its story, or defend it

>>386331505
>it was a clever fuckyou..
puberty is treating you badly but hang in there, it will pass for you too
>>
>>386332325
>gets you the fucking bad ending
Where Airy literally says how much you as player sucks for not being able to think on your own and just do that others told you(Yulyana in this case)
>>
>>386327948
>Doing that expected from you is disobey now
>Not a thought of your own, so eager to obey. Because obeying is so easy, hmm? You're never responsible when you're only following orders. And who would deny what seems so obvious? Who bears the courage to disobey? Precious few. Not one human in a thousand.
>>
>>386332710
that quote was used against you for awakening the fucking Crystals. Airy was mocking you for following her
>>
>>386331113
Oh shit, are you me? I dropped it around the time I beat the first dragon, got bodied by the next, asked 4chan for advice (which was useful. Thanks to that anon.), then just didn't pick it up for a year and a half. Now I'm tring to get as many of the genomes as I can before starting Chapter 5
>>
>have to repeat 3/4 of the game over and over
>10/10

You either have pretty shitty taste or are plain delusional.
>>
Need to get around to finishing it desu
>>
>>386334417
>Airy flaunting how many worlds you linked
>Edea confronting her on how she lied
>then mocks you with that quote how you obeyed her
This is why I can not understand the bullshit logic behind saying you are "having the strength to disobey" in the true ending. Right then and there it fucking admits awakening the crystals is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of that.
Also keep in mind, this quote is said in the false ending before Agnes shatters the crystal.
>>
>>386334417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8uuU6W6r98&t=520s
Lies again
>>
I'd like to play this game but I don't want to play the version with censored costumes.
>>
>>386334913
>You lied to us!
>and you made it so easy
how about understanding context you fucking moron
>>
>>386334945
She literally says how you mindless sheep who can only obey in this ending, and she's right
>Agnes mindlesly followed her religion
>Edea mindlesly believed in her father and country ideals despite fun shit they did
>Reality check
>They mindlesly followed Airy directions
>Another reality check
>Still mindlesly followed fake vampire and old pervent
>Not a thought of your own, so eager to obey. Because obeying is so easy, hmm? You're never responsible when you're only following orders. And who would deny what seems so obvious? Who bears the courage to disobey? Precious few. Not one human in a thousand.
I'm still surprised how many people don't get it
>>
>>386335138
>following a fake vampire and old pervert
Oh you mean the side quest that can be completely skipped for said ending and dialogue that can be skipped to get the ending?
Pulling shit straight out your ass, understand this. The crystal in that state was awakened, not broken. Airy was not intending for Agnes to be able to break the crystal and is surprised when she manages it when approaching her after killing the party. or maybe you didn't pay attention to everything else she says in that fight
>In piercing the World Walls, I have gained power
>Thanks them for doing this
>You lied to us!
>then that quote comes up
spin it however you want, following Airy is obeying. The true ending is to obey, in fact the people who disobey in the true ending are the connected worlds when Agnes is about to surrender to Ouroboros. That is the closest to disobeying it gets, but your own party? You obey until the very end
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 500x700px
How many of you bought, played, and finished bravely second after playing bravely default? Did you enjoy it more or less than the original if so? Just out of curiosity
>>
>>386335424
>Oh you mean the side quest that can be completely skipped for said ending and dialogue that can be skipped to get the ending?
You can't skip Yulyana advicing party no matter how hard you try
>The crystal in that state was awakened, not broken. Airy was not intending for Agnes to be able to break the crystal
Of course Airy didn't intended, Yulyana did
And you was a mindless sheep who heard another simple and fast solution like many times before and fell for it
>The true ending is to obey
No it isn't
But of course you too retarded to understand
You got used to the simple games where everything can be decided for you and the only thing you need to do is follow path
>>
>>386327703
>courage to disobey a problem that can be solved by a 10 minutes family talk
>>
>>386335138
>Still mindlesly followed fake vampire and old pervent

I don't really remember them even understand fully what was going on as you looped around. I think its more from experiences and gut feeling that you yourself come to the conclusion to break the cycle, and mostly because at that point you're so fucking sick of the game that you just want it to end.

The irony is that I was told by /v/ and others to not get the bad ending, so I never disobeyed in the end.
>>
>>386335534
Send player > lying airy
>>
>>386335618
>You can't skip Yulyana advicing party no matter how hard you try
you mean "I know there is someone evil in your party", good luck with that. That happens in Chapter 6, breaking the Crystal can be done in Chapter 5. The game never tells you that you can break the crystal, it only hints at this in chapter 6 and briefly WARNS you about it in the awakening tutorial.
You opened the Great Chasm each chapter after 4 with Airy
You gave Airy power from breaking the walls between worlds
You help Airy awaken Ouroboros
You never questioned her about it
Why? Because you obeyed her instead of yourself
>>
>>386335534
I'm wondering about this as well. I heard that the music and the new characters are kinda shit, but it still sounds worth it if there's not shitty loop.
>>
>>386327703
>Why can't we have more jrpg like this
Because all babby's first JRPGs like BD are about muh rebellion, you're just another idiot who has played only neptunia and persona garbage and think you have any say on the matter, BD is just like your average JRPG, for most things it's even more average in fact.
>>
>>386327703
>I have the Courage to disobey
>Airy straight up fucking murders me

I loved this in a masochistic way. It was like bait and double switch. The game made you feel more and more unhappy to awaken the crystals and when you do finally find the "courage to disobey" you just get utterly butchered.
>>
>>386335828
>The game never tells you that you can break the crystal
So lie again
It tells you that crystals can be broken in the first chapter when you awaken wind crystal, and Airy won't shut up about it everytime after
Since chapter 5 everything in the games tell you be a mindless shit and rebel against true evil, because it's so easy and obvious
Just like all simple and right solutions you did in the first 4 chapters, go do it bro!
And only if you have real courage to do things like
>You opened the Great Chasm each chapter after 4 with Airy
>You gave Airy power from breaking the walls between worlds
>You help Airy awaken Ouroboros
>You never questioned her about it
And think for yourself you can get real ending
>That happens in Chapter 6
Or if you read dialogues he tells you it very early to not follow everyone(except him) and rebel, before second chapter I'm sure
As I said it before you just got used to the handholding games, this is why you fail to understand such simple things
>>
>>386331113
Game hits boss rush mode after chapter 5 so I recommend you grind the fuck out of your favoured classes if you want to do endgame stuff.

There is a place near the Water Temple which is perfect for grinding. I cant remember exactly the name of it but its a lush, floweing garden dungeon.
>>
>have courage and renounce the promises and responsibilities that are expected of you
>Why doing something that expected from me to do would bring me to the bad ending, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>386335828
"Have the courage to disobey" comes from Agnes of a world who obeyed Airy and died on the Airship after awakening the crystals, all in D's Diary. The reason your party is different despite falling for Airy's lies is
>Tiz has a Celestial in his body
>the Ringabel in your party experienced Airy's true form
In fact, hilarious enough the party goes on obeying the pages of D's Diary when Ringabel joins, following in the steps of Airy killing them on the airship. Oh wait, that scenario ring any bells? Oh yeah, what Airy attempts to do on the fucking airship
>>
Why are people arguing about the shitshow of a story? BD's writing is literally 0/10. It has great gameplay, artstyle and music though.
>>
>>386336432
>"Have the courage to disobey" comes from Agnes of a world who obeyed Airy and died on the Airship
Rewatch intro again
It's from the Agnes of the of worlds that destroyed crystal
>She's alone and praying for you to hear her
>We heard roar and something coming
>Crystal shards eveywhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q_CazSZIUU&t=77s
>The reason your party is different despite falling for Airy's lies is
You different only because you was in more than one world compared to the previous party
>>
>>386335534
I pirated second game because I wasn't happy about new composer and mostly because was spoiled early about them ruining awesome trio party with actually cool old dude and forcing characters like edea and tiz
>>
>>386327703
Capitalism. Supply and demand baby.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.