/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Timeline for the death of Fighting Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 408
Thread images: 80

File: sfv abigail.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sfv abigail.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
Let's have a glimpse into the future if SF V dies and MvC: I bombs(like you scrub haters want to happen), shall we?

>Capcom decides fighting games no longer profitable, they pull out of the genre again
>Smash Bros dominates fighting game tournaments now, to the chagrin of the FGC
>DBZ Fighter surprisingly has some weird fatal flaw that causes pros to drop it fast, not nearly the amount of casuals buy it as people anticipated, making it a flop
>Fantasy Strike comes out, simple inputs for special moves is lauded by casuals and game journalists, but the bland and boring character designs and slow gameplay cause the game to be an abject failure
>TekkenxStreet Fighter is officially announced as being cancelled, Tekken 8 will be made in the future but the game will be less successful due to even more junky new characters added as veteran favorites are phased out
>Fighting Layer fails as expected
>entrants to tournies drying up now, sponsors backing away some
>Ed Boon releases Mortal Kombat 11, with Fantasy Strike's simple inputs and movement closer to(but not exactly the same as) Smash Bros, new mechanics added to make fights look more "cinematic"
>FGC despises it, but casuals and game journalists love it, game makes record breaking sales on launch for any game in the history of the genre
>Riot then releases the beta test for their new 3d arena fighter with league of legends characters and simple inputs, TONS of casuals and game journalists show interest
>EVO 2022 lineup is Mortal Kombat 11, LoL Fighter, Smash Melee and Smash 5, Tekken 8 will be out in 2030 on the PlayStation 5 Aquarius Console

And THAT will be the penultimate Dark Age of fighting games. All because you are spiteful and selfish and want SF and MvC I to die.
>>
that sounds terrifying as fuck
>>
>>386325416
>penultimate Dark Age of fighting games.
It could get worse?
>>
>>386325416
If only this could happen to the entire video game industry
>>
I'll just keep playing UNIEST, the best fighting game now.
>>
>>386325943
Yes. Imagine a world where Mortal Kombat now has "cinematic" mechanics, and smash bros style inputs and similar movement(you can face any direction now and jump all around in the environment) and League of Legends having a "fighting game", as well as more smash bros shit. It's horrible, terrifying, utterly sickening. That is the future if SF V is allowed to die and MvC I fails.
>>
good
>>
>>386326123
It will never be at EVO or other FGC events though. Too many people will be playing MK 11, Riot's new game, and Smash Melee and 5.
>>
>>386326231
If you don't compete for money then who cares. UNIB still has community tournaments.
>>
>>386325416
Tell your supervisor to give you something that isn't absolutely fucking retarded.
>>
>>386326231
Remember when people played games because they're fun and not for esports or livestreaming?
>>
>>386326385
>If you don't compete for money then who cares

The FGC will die, you should fucking care. Show some goddamned respect and quit being fucking selfish. So who cares if the rest suffer, least you have Uniel right? Also that game isn't even that good, it's just a watered down GG with slower paced fights.
>>
>>386325416
SFV is a bad game though, how about you tell your bosses at Capcom to make better games.
>>
>>386326530
Yeah who cares if FChamp isn't compensated for his hard work and skill right?
>>
>>386325416
Whatever, I still find SFV more offensive. It's a shallow e-sports platform that only rewards one type of player disguised as a fighting game. Whiff some CC normals, forward dash, jump. This is what SF neutral and footsies have been reduced to. CC normals are like some degenerate form of input buffering, but you don't even need to buffer inputs because of the immense advantage on hit. Can't stand this nearly universal stand roundhouse into v-trigger for frame advantage on block and combo on hit either. For all the flak ultras got nobody ever got free pressure for doing heavy normals into ultra, only Rose had something like that. And the short normals and trash walkspeeds and lackluster neutral and defensive tools only further prevent you from trying to control your space and stop the gorilla slugfest from happening. SFV is all about that artificial hype for spectators.

And those hypothetical future games aren't even fighting games, at least. I couldn't care less about what happens to MVCI but as far as I'm concerned competitive fighting games are already dead with SFV being the premier game. I'll just play the obscure games from here on out. I don't care about tournaments anymore.
>>
>>386326632
It isn't a bad game, it's a flawed game, which all fighters are. No such thing as a perfect fighter.
>>
>>386326672
You see nothing wrong with a future where EVO is nothing but fake fighters?
>>
File: yes.gif (2MB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
2MB, 400x242px
>>386325416
>Capcom stops making fighting games
>puts all of their resources into good single-player games like DMC5
>>
>Street fighter fanboys use "muh footsies" and "muh mindgames" to justify street fighter being so shallow
>>
>>386326806
Which is bad, you do see that, right? No more SF means the FGC and the genre dies a painful death and enters the neo dark ages.
>>
>>386326649
Most people don't care about that pal.
>>
File: 1489635574590.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1489635574590.gif
3MB, 300x237px
I want new Darkstalkers. What are the odds Itsuno is working on Darkstalkers?
>>386326806
>mfw
>>
>>386326672
hell, I saw a Urien player in tournament get a mixup just for doing crouching short into v-trigger. some characters don't even need to use their slower normals to get offense started. The only way for you to stop the snowballing from starting is to snowball yourself in that game. But it's okay that they did away with the footsies, zoning, and methodical nature of street fighter because the stream monsters like it and it gets some big twitch numbers or something. Oh he got shimmied and carried to the corner while losing 40% of his health and 60% of his stun, so sick! look at the damage! That's all you hear when you listen to commentators that are unfortunate enough to have to explain this degenerate game.
>>
>>386325416
Meanwhile Guilty Gear and KoF will go on unchanged. I'm fine with that
>>
>>386326803
I mean, I do. But SFV is already a fake fighter anyway. It's definitely a fake Street Fighter game. And this hypothetical situation you mention where games are tailored to be "cinematic" for spectators is already a reality with SFV. Players can't even control what's happening in neutral because you can't react to shit and the tools you have are insufficient to prevent approaches. The risk and reward is skewed as fuck towards constant aggression too. The dark future you mention where games are shallow and artificially "hype" is already a reality, man.
>>
>>386327058
>implying anyone gives a fuck about those games

I'm talking about the FGC son, not some Mexicans and chinks.
>>
Modern capcom fighting games are mediocre as hell so yeah go ahead and die FGC. It'll only be an improvement.
>>
>>386325416
>DBZ Fighter surprisingly has some weird fatal flaw that causes pros to drop it fast
that didnt stop marvel players from playing their game
>EVO 2022 lineup is Mortal Kombat 11, LoL Fighter, Smash Melee and Smash 5, Tekken 8 will be out in 2030 on the PlayStation 5 Aquarius Console
So you are saying all the current fighting game players will suddenly disappear and be replaced by casuals who prefer team games to blame others but raged even in simple things like rising thunder. Yeah thats not going to happen...

You are trying to sound like James "capcbro" Chen but you obviously never played a fighting game at a decent level in your life and only talk about them since you suck so much.

Capcom already died once, and everyone that played sf still played sf, nothing changed for anyone else either. You will just get the people that play the games for the games and not for the esports money thats whats going to happen, the community is going to get curated and people like you will go play smash or something else, meanwhile nothing changes for guilty gear, kof, or any other game. As for James Chen, hes a passive aggressive bitch who cant take the truth, he cries every year at evo, praises r/kappa then says its trash and then apologizes. How can anyone take that guy serious hes dumb as fuck
>>
>>386327206
>I'm talking about some twitch goons who shill for shit games because their sponsors told them to
>>
>>386327195
But SFV still has some depth to it and can be fixed. If SF V is allowed to die, Ed Boon can end up unleashing some godawful monstrosity onto the genre that ruins it all. Imagine a game so piss easy even the morons on this board can play it.
>>
>>386325416
Let's have a glimpse into the future if SF V dies and MvC: I bombs(like you scrub haters want to happen), shall we?

>Capcom goes back to the drawing board and decides to revamp SF.
>MvC I fails because the roster and gameplay is shit so they stop making Marvel fighting games for a while
>No one takes SSB seriously anyway
>Tekken still does well
>Netherealm is top developer for fighting games as with their last few entries and dominates the market

I'm ok with this. Netherealm actually puts content in their games unlike Capcom which is bare bones and keeps screwing over their fanbase. And MvC I is terrible. I wont support terrible games. Netherealm is the only company giving fans what they want.
>>
>>386327279
>he dared to like a Capcom game, shill, shill!
>>
>>386327058
Same, the niche games I enjoy will stay niche. They might take a hit but nothing much will change. Fuck the SFV pros for selling out and playing a game they don't even like though, especially the ones that put all of their eggs in the Capcom basket. They're the ones to blame for all of the people feeling like they have to support Capcom fighters no matter how bad they are, and they're to blame for all of the fearmongering going on lately about how the FGC is doomed without SFV and MVCI. Fuck them all, seriously. I don't even care about smash but at least they work hard enough to keep the games they actually like alive.
>>
>>386327343
NRS dominating the genre is still a dark future, the darkest future. Also Ono barely got Capcom to do a SF 4, if SF V dies there is no going back to the drawing board, its called Capcom cans SF for good. Ono had to beg and plead to get it made and even then he said his coworkers hounded him all the time asking why even bother making a fighting game.
>>
>>386325943
Yes.

Rise of the Robots is remastered
>>
>>386325416
Are you the same retarded nigger that really thinks a genre of games are going to die because his favorite franchise is having problems. Other games exist outside yours.

>B-But muh e-sports
Go fucking watch overwatch, dota, or starcraft whatever you faggots have going these days that no one cares about. Or actually go play a game in any genre that does just fine without faggot e-sports.
>>
>>386325416
I doubt FG will die but it'll probably dip in quality overall with more devs taking cheap ways since the FGC will eat up literal shit and bitch at anyone that doesn't as "not supporting FGs". Nigga, I'll support what I think is good. After that, people will get sick of the poorer quality and start demanding better. Only then is there a chance that FGs will die. They will either deliver or not and not doing so could wound the FGC and the genre as a whole.
>>
>>386325416
>All because you are spiteful and selfish and want SF and MvC I to die.
How is it selfish to not support a game you don't like?
>>
>>386327294
>"some" depth
I'm sure whatever shitty games come out in the future to pull in e-sports revenue will have "some" depth too. Fuck them though. They intentionally stripped the game of tools and depth so veteran players won't be able to control the game too well. They aren't changing shit and if you actually believe it's going to get better after over a year of playing SFV and the game getting WORSE you have some serious stockholm syndrome. You probably fell for all the fearmongering going on right now too.

Seriously, nobody actually wants the FGC to die just out of spite. People just don't want the FGC to go on being slaves to shitty games just because. And if the FGC can't exist without SFV it probably doesn't deserve to.
>>
the fighting game community is one of the most toxic video game communities
>>
Abigail is a mistake

Why the fuck would they make a character larger than Zangief? Zangief is supposed to be THE big dude of Street Fighter. Now he's a manlet compared to Abigail.
>>
>>386327526
>Go fucking watch overwatch, dota, or starcraft whatever you faggots have going these days that no one cares about.

Those games don't have the hype or skill level of Street Fighter though. And Overwatch, you fucking dare suggest that casualized skilless goddamn garbage to me? Fuck you.
>>
the only people who think fighting games will die if SF and marvel dont do good are capcom dick riders, there are a good amount of other games out now to play but you all refuse to play any of them
>>
>>386325416
YESSSS MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>386325416
>implying that if you let MvC and SF survive it wouldn't turn out to be even more shitty
Funny that you list simplified babby mechanics as a flaw when SFV and MvCI are embracing it like no other
>>
>>386327549
Because those games dying can kill the games you like too, or at least hurt them. Why should arcsys make more fighters if DBZ which technically should beat any Capcom fighter, fails?
>>
>>386325416
>Riot then releases the beta test for their new 3d arena fighter with league of legends characters and simple inputs
Not going to happen, since the Rising Thunder team's project already got cancelled.
>>
>>386327594
>the fighting game community is one of the most toxic video game communities

No, LoL is. I got temp banned for calling one of my shitty team mates a faggot and telling him to choke to death on my fucking cock. The fuck kind of game punishes you for setting people straight?
>>
>>386327626
They definitely have the skill level of Street Fighter since SFV. And if you think shimmy into button into v-trigger "comebacks" are "hype" then you fell for the heavily engineered and intentionally volatile nature of SFV just so idiots like you can see blowups on streams.
>>
>>386325416
>the game will be less successful due to even more junky new characters added as veteran favorites are phased out
t. I main special snowflakes
I bet you complain about Q and Ingrid, too
>>
this guy again

let capcom die
>>
>>386327769
seriously fuck Capcom
>>
>>386327685
But it's one character. Ed is the only one like that. Imagine a fighter where every fucking character is like that shit. Imagine MK 11 being that, you think Boon isn't taking notes and watching like a predator? He's waiting for his moment to strike, and remember, he said it himself, he never likes to make the same game twice, he LOVES gimmick shit. He could singlehandedly destroy the fucking genre.
>>
>>386327821
>Imagine a fighter where every fucking character is like that shit.
SFV
>>
>>386327690
>Because those games dying can kill the games you like too, or at least hurt them
Not really. Not unless it's the same company. And fuck the FGC. Games worth supporting will be supported, unless the company pumps tons of money into prize pools so the players have to play it in order to eat.
>>
Remember FF13? It was so bad it stained jrpg genres reputation for awhile. Persona put it back in the map, while Tales series kept going.
>>
>>386326579
I dont understand capcbros, they suck at their own game but they feel the need to talk shit to other games. You got a simplified crap and you cant even do well how can you explain that, your game is so bad you make threads like this instead of playing it
>>
>>386327925
this, SFV character variety is a fucking joke and execution isn't even a factor anyway. Who cares if future games have one button inputs anymore when SFV combos are instantly optimized undroppable babyshit already?
>>
>>386327956
I'm STILL mad about FF13. Worst FF bar none
>>
>>386326981
Why do you want a new game when you don't even play vampire savior
>>
>>386327619
Yeah then they introduced Hugo.
>>
>>386327460
How is it a dark future? They haven't released a single bad game. People were divided with SFIV. SFV is universally panned. NRS hasn't messed up yet. Aside from the competitive side they throw in tons of content. You may only like the comeptition side but some us actually enjoy the story modes and weekly challenges and unlockables. The days of buying bare bones games are gone.
>>
>>386327969
SFVs oversimplification and popularity has actually made it more difficult to succeed for a lot of people. For any player that doesn't love high risk high reward gameplay you have to play a game with almost no tech, almost no decent normals or walkspeeds to play decent defensive neutral, and no defensive mechanics to prevent yourself from getting blown up by the most basic pressure. Everyone is at the intermediate level in SFV because it's half a fighting game. Not even talking about content. Just the game itself.
>>
>>386327821
Boon doesn't need to destroy the genre when Capcom already did it with SFV
>>
>>386327626
>Those games don't have the hype or skill level of Street Fighter though

So is that the only reason you play video games? E-Sports is the worst thing to happen to gaming. Games are a fun passtime, not a fucking sport.
>>
File: didsomeonesaydbzeeeee.png (43KB, 231x211px) Image search: [Google]
didsomeonesaydbzeeeee.png
43KB, 231x211px
>>386325416
>complaining about the dankest timeline
I'M HYPED LET'S GO
>>
>>386328180
More like they introduced T. Hawk. Even Sagat who has been around longer than Gief is taller than him so I dont know what that homo is crying about
>>
>>386328206
>NRS hasn't released a single bad game
Everything after MK3 and before MK9 was absolute shit and even then MK9's online might just be the worst I've played ever.
>>
>>386327821
>he never likes to make the same game twice
Weird, I could swear he was in charge of Mortal Kombat
>>
>>386328243
Not to mention that you can't even trust your own reactions. I mean god damn. The game is built to always result in a blowup because it's "exciting" I guess.
>>
File: 1496604161614.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496604161614.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>386325416
If fighting games need artificial hype to survive then the genre can die for all I care.
>>
Next video game crash is going to be because every fucking game will try to implement Korean MMO grindan' in multiplayer games like LoL did.
>>
>>386327594
>toxic

Hello kotaku are you still mad people make female booty and retard jokes?
>>
>>386328035
>Who cares if future games have one button inputs anymore when SFV combos are instantly optimized undroppable babyshit already?

Calm down ok? You don't know what you're saying. You do NOT want that to happen to the genre. Or do you want a one button special move anime fighter too?
>>
>>386328354
What about MK9 and after? That was technically NRS first game. Yeah yeah I know Ed Boon did every MK but NRS was the Studio that revamped the series. Before it was what Acclaim and then a few other companies. NRS has a so far clean track record.
>>
File: DGOX1bzVoAASh9E.jpg (70KB, 477x550px) Image search: [Google]
DGOX1bzVoAASh9E.jpg
70KB, 477x550px
>believing that Capcom shitting the bed again will kill fighting games

The absolute state of capcbros, everybody. Fuck your e-sports shit, nigga, people will manage without you.
>>
>>386328702
Without esports, the money is gone. No money, means less pros, less pros means less players coming to tournies at all. Smaller tourney venues, and we'll be going back to the days of people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station, you want that shit?
>>
>>386326942
Good, esports was a mistake anyways.
>>
>>386325416
>The rise of 3D action technical fighters rise dramatically as juggling and style become more prominent
>The death of 2D and 2.5D rehash shit dies
>This is bad.
Who gives a shit about the FGC when fighting games have become stagnate bullshit.
>>
>>386325416
>>DBZ Fighter surprisingly has some weird fatal flaw that causes pros to drop it fast

It already has that fatal flaw. There's not enough complex systems and all characters feel the same.
>>
File: y1hdkGX.jpg (162KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
y1hdkGX.jpg
162KB, 1152x2048px
>>386328801
>implying melty blood isn't being played in a bathroom stall at this very moment.

Nigga as long as there's games people will play them. That's literally all that really matters.
>>
>>386328801
>we'll be going back to the days of people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station, you want that shit?
Kind of actually, fucking arcades were pretty awesome in their height.
>>
>>386328585
>but technically
MKX was a fucking trashheap on a technical level until they made that patch months later. I can't remember if they ever ended up delivering that to PC or not. That shit was a fucking travesty.
>>
File: 1501207335341.png (126KB, 240x271px) Image search: [Google]
1501207335341.png
126KB, 240x271px
>>386328801
>Smaller tourney venues, and we'll be going back to the days of people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station, you want that shit?

Yes. At least those melty players are playing their game because they love it, not because they're forced to by their sponsors like SFV players are.
>>
File: 1501892036838.jpg (443KB, 962x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1501892036838.jpg
443KB, 962x1283px
>>386328702
>people will manage without you

Guilty Gear sure won't and Blazblue didn't survive after being trashed
>>
Capcom dying would save the FGC at this point. Right now people think FGC is "capcom". There a lot of interesting games out there, go play them.
>>
>>386328882
>>The rise of 3D action technical fighters rise dramatically as juggling and style become more prominent

But we don't want to play shitty arena fighters like xenoverse and one piece burning blood
>>
All that matters is that Melee will still be alive.
>yfw PP finally returns in EVO 2022
>>
>>386328801
>impülying that's a bad thing
you capcbros have shlurped esports dick for way to long you're not even being rational anymore. SO WHAT if there are no pros do you play the game or do you just watch pros? There will be godlike players regardless. Not in sfv though because noone feels compelled to play it without the prize money kek
>>
>>386328801
>melty blood in a fucking gas station
So back to the good old days? Sign me up.
>>
>>386329001
guilty gear survived by being an arcade game. guess which game is not played in japanese arcades
>>
File: 1501832634582.png (348KB, 625x740px) Image search: [Google]
1501832634582.png
348KB, 625x740px
>>386325416
Actually, it's the golden age

>Dragon Ball FighterZ is a massive success, bringing in new players into the genre because of the property. Building off the mechanics of Persona 4 Areana and informfpariting the in depth tutorials of Guilty Gear XRD, many of these new players become regulars and pros. >It's popularity grows Arc System Works and "anime fighters" massively, and more contemporaries like Mortal Combat borrow "anime fighter" mechanics.
>Arc System Works replaces Capcom as the king of fighting games, makings out of many popular properities.
>Riot's League of Legend fighters because of a sucess by builidng on Rising Thunder's foundations along with the consuling (this has actually happened recently) given to them by Arc System Works. This increases the popularity of fighting games as an e-sport.
>Smash remains as a popular alternative to the now mainsteam "anime fighter" and easy input fights and like
>Never Realms continues on their amazing job of keeping their games accessible for people with disabilities. It is a major news item and meme when a blind man wins a major Injustice tournament.
>Fighting Layer is a modest succest and is remembered fondly for deaces to come because of it's humour "What's your Gougi!?" commercials done by Woolie Madden, who becomes a spokesperson for Arika.
>Capcom goes into bankruptcy by 2024, many employees moving to Arika, SNK, and Arc System Works.
>Evo is renamed to Fight Con in 2025
>by 2030 Fight Con as a televised event rivals the super bowl.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 640x960px
>>386325416
Oh fuck me OP we just did this yesterday, and now you are changing your tune from "fighting games will be ogre" to "fighting games will not be Street fighter" if SFV fails? Jesus. By the OP, your little thread yeaterday DID at least get me to reinstall SFV to see if i could get back into it and it took about 10 minutes before is saw 7 characters, several stages and costumes hidden behind pay/grind walls that i uninstalled it again. Fuck Capcoms attitudes regarding this particular full priced early access game. That might not be "gameplay relevant" but it does fucking matter.
>>
>>386329003
>Right now people think FGC is "capcom". There a lot of interesting games out there, go play them.

This is the problem with faggots. You think that if Capcom or NRS or Smash dies that people will magically want to play your game. The thing is people like certain games or franchises for certain reasons. You don't see Quakefags moving over to CoD or CoDfags moving over to ARMA and those games are designed to appeal to westerners unlike most fighting games.

No, shitting on SF won't make people play GG
No shitting on NRS won't make people play BB
No, shitting on Smash won't make people play Arcana Heart
>>
File: 62833812_p4_master1200.png (398KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
62833812_p4_master1200.png
398KB, 639x478px
>>386329001
>Guilty Gear sure won't

You realise that GG has a robust scene with ASW sponsoring international tournies? And anime-only tournies are a thing, CEOtaku fares well (sadly they allow Smash on the premises, but nobody's perfect)

>Blazblue didn't survive after being trashed

That's the state of BB in the West, always the second to GG. Way more popular in Japland tho.
>>
>>386326649
Exactly. Who cares.
>>
>>386329003
You know, I'd really be happy to, but you can't deny most fightans die really fast, and some of the devs that get praised to no end (like arcsys) do the same shit capcom does, but without the playerbase to support it
>guilty gear xrd sign
>guilty gear xrd revelator
>guilty gear xrd rev2
I didn't buy sf4 because of that shit and i won't buy gg, especially since it dies so fast
>>
>>386326579
>The FGC will die, you should fucking care.

Why? Normies will still buy these games for fub even if they literally suck, so it will continue.
>>
>>386326649
I don't care about you, FChamp. Stop shilling here.
>>
>>386327206
NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE FGC FAGGOT ARE YOU MISSING THIS?
>>
>>386325416
And i'll still be here having a great time playing third strike.
>>
>>386329346
amen
i dare say there is a ton of people playing fighting games that never will attend a tournament and those people are where the money lies
>>
>>386325416
Lmao at you concocting a hell scenario with each event coming in at worst case scenario.

Yeah Street Fighter V is assjuice and MVCI is already dead before arrival. But Capcom made buckets of SFV with or without the backlash. It's too profitable for them to back out.
>>
>>386329023
There really isn't any good action fighters where style is a thing that don't play like total ass outside of like one fucking mmo and no one plays it, because it's niche as fuck dungeon crawler style.
>>
>>386328801
None of what you just said sounds bad or affects me. Fighting games will go on.
>>
All of that could happen and I wouldnt care because I still only play street fighter alpha 3 with other people
>>
>>386329130
Guess which game still has a large playerbase in Japan even without an arcade release?
Guilty Gear was getting BTFO by USFIV before SFV came out.
>>
>>386329232
>GG has a robust scene
That runs under tournaments made by Capcom players

>ASW sponsoring international tournies
lol
Arc Revolution Cup is hosted by Taito and still had to host USFIV and T7 last year.

>CEOtaku fares well
CEOtaku is run by a SF player. You expect him to run shit when he's isn't playing video games anymore?
>>
>Look up fantasy strike
>Yomi reversals
>Do nothing to counter a throw deal damage back and get full meter
yo wtf.
>>
>>386329184
>it took about 10 minutes before is saw 7 characters, several stages and costumes hidden behind pay/grind walls that i uninstalled it again. Fuck Capcoms attitudes regarding this particular full priced early access game

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaah Capcom won't give me free shit
>>
File: 1465044597383.png (105KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
1465044597383.png
105KB, 700x454px
>>386325416
>tfw you won't ever be a Capcom dicksucking fanboy
>>
>>386329460
No, a true hell scenario would be Capcom gets desparate and finally does street fighter vs mk with boon making the game
>>
>>386325416
nice fanfiction anon-kun
>>
File: 1501805361458.png (70KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501805361458.png
70KB, 240x240px
>>386325416
>let's make a ultra-hypothetical where everything arcsys does fails despite said hypothetical situation capcom is out of the picture
>>
File: 1451156368246.jpg (155KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1451156368246.jpg
155KB, 500x514px
>>386325416
>Dissidia NT doesn't exist
>>
File: 1386224554101.png (131KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1386224554101.png
131KB, 500x400px
>>386326579
>MUH FGC
this fag again
>>
capcom has been treating it's fans for shit for the last 10 years
maybe instead of trying to take one for capcom again, expect more from them
move to other fighting games, if capcom fails they deserve it
>>
>>386330114
>Trusting Ed Boon to not ruin the genre
>>
File: desu.png (357KB, 835x619px) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
357KB, 835x619px
>>386325416
Boy Capcom's shills really think we don't see what they're doing here. Face it Capcbro, you failed. You tried to casualize your game for money, and you got called out by your own fanbase. There's no amount of damage control that can be hired to sweep this under the rug.
>>
>>386328801
sounds good to me tbqhwy familia
>>
>>386330215
Dissidia isn't a fighting game, why would I include it?
>>
>>386325416
>>386330237
Are you op? Because I get it dude you hate ed boon, the guy's a total retard yes but he's not going to single-handedly destroy your game genre
>>
Are you saying that current fighting games are so bad that you literally need to pay people to play them?
>>
>>386330345
If you play capcom fighting games, yes.
>>
>>386328801
actually, I do. e-sports faggotry is cancer.
>>
>>386330383
At least SF as thick women. Your anime shit doesn't. They're all either lolis or twigs with fake tits bolted on like Baiken and that witch from Blazblue.
>>
>>386326579
>The FGC will die, you should fucking care
No the FGC deserves to die and I hope it burns in hell.
>>
>>386330464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n4CvQ7ldgE

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Capcom is still the only developer not afraid to make women have sexy yet strong bodies with muscles, unlike other companies...
>>
>>386330010
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaah Capcom won't give me free shit

Capcom made a planned effort to make us pay for a third of their game at a much later stage. I reserve my tight to say fuck this particular method and platform. This would have been discussed deep into their development process prior to release and every new game they are in agreement: "sir, i think we can go dumber this time"
>>
>>386330480
>hoping woolie dies and goes to hell

You heartless fucking bastard.
>>
>>386328801
>All the un dedicated cucks with no love for the games who only want money will leave

Wow I'm really missing out.
>>
File: 1459070257997.webm (2MB, 1006x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1459070257997.webm
2MB, 1006x1078px
>>386330518
>>386330464
>>386330383
The best part of SF women is you can see all of it without buying the game.
>>
>>386330605
But if you buy the game you can look at them indepth and mod them and stuff.
>>
>>386330575
Woolie will be fine on account of e-celeb bux, and actually, watching him and the gamg olay at home on fisticuffs and scrublords is way, way more entertaining to me than any serious competitive gameplay. Watching them all react to the final showdown between Kazuya and Heihachi in Tekken 7 was the best
>W-WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Love those guys.
>>
File: tumblr_ot1uiyrZGK1vi2f7go1_1280.png (989KB, 750x1185px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot1uiyrZGK1vi2f7go1_1280.png
989KB, 750x1185px
>>386328801
>this is a bad thing

forced e-sports needs to fucking die, ESPECIALLY ones ran by the game's fucking company
>>
>>386330224
>move to other fighting games

ArcSys's yearly $50 payment for 1-3 characters plus DLC
Namco refusing to release games and then release them barebones and more lag and loading than SFV
NRS only got decent with Injustice 2. Before that they couldn't even get their games to ready inputs
KI is fine but Xbone/W10 exclusive until Steam
Melty Blood devs literally treat their fans like shit and force people to pirate
Arcana Heart devs re-re-release the same game with minor updates on different consoles without any updates or support and then ask for a kickstarter donation
DOA is broken as shit whenever someone actually touches it

Now what?
>>
>>386330282
Yet Smash Bros. is? How hypocritical of you.
>>
File: 1501793582220.jpg (53KB, 1000x233px) Image search: [Google]
1501793582220.jpg
53KB, 1000x233px
>this fucking thread

Imagine you fighting with all of your heart for a company THAT INSTALLS ROOTKITS INTO YOUR PC
>>
>>386330735
Smash isn't a fighter either, it got forced into evo sadly by their faggot fanbase.
>>
File: 1476648908854.png (734KB, 1114x624px) Image search: [Google]
1476648908854.png
734KB, 1114x624px
>>386328127
huh?
>>
File: phil-spencer-1.jpg (34KB, 620x357px) Image search: [Google]
phil-spencer-1.jpg
34KB, 620x357px
>>386330706
>KI is fine but Xbone/W10 exclusive until Steam
so get an Xbox
>>
>>386325416
>Riot then releases the beta test for their new 3d arena fighter with league of legends
That sounds retarded.
>>
>>386330858
I would have if they let you use 360 controllers
>>
File: 1496774337152.jpg (2MB, 2567x2355px) Image search: [Google]
1496774337152.jpg
2MB, 2567x2355px
>>386330901
>that feel when I want this to happen just for fighting game jiggle physics on Sona

Wouldn't touch that shit with a ten foot pole though
>>
>>386330823
>take a screenshot of singleplayer from an emulator playing fucking CHAOS TOWER

lmao wow
>>
>>386331008
also
>4chan filename
embarrassing
>>
File: 1499499036467.png (97KB, 233x256px) Image search: [Google]
1499499036467.png
97KB, 233x256px
>>386330781
>almost forgot about this

Holy fucking shit Capcom is a dumpster fire
>>
Konami holds the ip for Bloody Roar.
>>
>>386330965
>sona
my neger
>>
so this thread is just some mad capcom baby mad that there are more games out there
>>
fighting games are bigger than ever i don't know what the hell you guys are talking about
>>
Let it die, all the best fighters were made years ago.
>>
>>386331280
They don't like esports
>>
>>386331257
Cross tag battle will be shit. It's so painfully obvious that it's a lazy cash grab.
They're also not even close to being released at the same time.

Fucking retard.
Also before you saying something even more retarded, no I am not gonna get MvC:I and I didn't get SF5.
>>
>>386331482
If cross tag battle has a fuckhuge roster I'll forgive the sprite re-use
>>
>>386331482
what DO you play then?
>>
File: 1500239330163.jpg (71KB, 880x422px) Image search: [Google]
1500239330163.jpg
71KB, 880x422px
>>386331482
nope it looks ass fuck off capcom kid and MvC:I is nothing but a cash grab
>>
File: 1494923194623.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1494923194623.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>386331257
>purseowner
>bb
>R W mother fucking B Y
>and some literally who
Really? You are this desperate?
>>
File: 1474311751391.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474311751391.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
are you street fighter fucks still mad at NRS why
>>
File: HURR-li.jpg (227KB, 940x970px) Image search: [Google]
HURR-li.jpg
227KB, 940x970px
>>386331482
>lazy cash grab
>when we're on the eve of mvci release
>>
File: street fighter 5.webm (2MB, 608x340px) Image search: [Google]
street fighter 5.webm
2MB, 608x340px
>>386331618
look at all those memes
>>
>>386325416
good thing we'll still have guilty and melty
>>
>>386331565
It looks like shit but I hope you're not implying the right looks good with Captain "the top of my chest is a stake platter" America.
>>
>>386331557
I don't see how that is even remotely relevant.

>>386331565
Compelling argument. You go ahead and leap at that cheap cash grab where they re-use sprites from 3 games and mash them all together. Not only that how BB/Persona plays directly clashes with the core of Under Night, meaning the systems will be a fucking mess.
But as I said, you go ahead and eat up the cheap cash grab.
>>
>>386331647
It's even lazier to directly re-use sprites.
>>
>>386325416
Nu-SF is cancer and should die. They tried to go for the muh esports audience, but casuals never gave a fuck to begin with. I'd be happy if Capcom pulled out for good. 3S was and will always be the pinnacle of SF, and ACS has a loyal playerbase.
>>
>>386331618
>Recognizing a RWBY character but thinking UNIEL one is literally who

Consider suicide.
>>
File: 1295380473793.jpg (67KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
1295380473793.jpg
67KB, 620x250px
>>386331781
You have a point, it took ACTUAL EFFORT AND TIME to make it that ugly, since if they just ported mvc3 chun she would have looked fine
>>
>>386331721
what the fuck are you on about

>>386331737
you say this when characters are just ripped from mvc 3
>>
>>386331618
But crazy hypotheticals involving Riot having an arena fighter, that's sane?
>>
>>386331828
>what the fuck are you on about
I think I was pretty clear. Game looks bad but the artist responsible for the right image has no fucking idea what human beings look like.
>>
And ArcSys, French Bread, Namco, and possibly Akira will survive and continue to make new games, so what?
>>
>>386327294
Last two MK games play better than SFV. You keep worrying about Boon ruining the genre for no reason when Capcom is already doing so.
>>
>>386331721
>>386331919
Nobody thinks right looks good. The point of the image is that the model looks as bad as Liefeld's art.
>>
File: 1499780130957.png (315KB, 855x764px) Image search: [Google]
1499780130957.png
315KB, 855x764px
>>386325416
>H-HATURZ ABLOOBLOOBLOO
>>
>>386331975
but uniel sucks, it's a poor man's sf with shit char designs

I knew the game was ass when one of the characters was a flat chested girl throwing blood and shit
>>
File: 1471538966118.jpg (20KB, 285x327px) Image search: [Google]
1471538966118.jpg
20KB, 285x327px
>>386331809
>considering suicide
>because I didn't recognize 1 out of gorillion samey animegarbage fightans
Lol, okay, kid.
>>
File: 1423006825002.gif (1MB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1423006825002.gif
1MB, 480x319px
>people still think the riot fighting game is going to happen when the rising thunder team's project got cancelled months ago
>>
>>386331828
>you say this when characters are just ripped from mvc 3

Now that's funny, they're re-using the EXACT same sprites from BB, Persona and Under Night.
>>
>>386332031
Carmine isn't a girl. He's a dude.
Male.
>>
>>386331737
lol okay non gamer
>>
As long as they keep making DOA for casual fighting, MK for single player stuff, and GG for competitive play I've got all my bases covered and the rest of the genre can rot (as if it's not rotting already).
>>
File: What_are_birds.jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
What_are_birds.jpg
30KB, 600x337px
>>386332031
>Carmine
>Girl

Do you think everything with long hair is female?
>>
>>386329197
The fgc had existed in some forms whether there are new do, mk, or smash games. They'll just enjoy the older ones. Propping ng up bad games is stupid because it sends the wrong message.

Also, (you) got some jizz on your cheek. You should wipe that off before you show you face in public.
>>
>>386332093
If it isn't broke, don't fix it
Meanwhile, you faggots somehow broke your shit. not to mention waggling your finger while slobbering over CAPCOM is blatant hypocrisy
>>
File: 1500225827433.png (2MB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
1500225827433.png
2MB, 1278x717px
>>386332093
i'm glad i would hate for shit to look this bad
>>
>>386330575
Fuck him and Fuck you.
>>
>>386326649
Exactly who cares about that? If you want people appreciated your hard work then you should get a job instead playing vidya.
>>
File: 1500587329779.jpg (54KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
1500587329779.jpg
54KB, 500x510px
>>386332249
>>
>>386332249
Jafar is in MvCI? Picked up.
>>
>>386329197
>No, shitting on SF won't make people play GG
Speak for yourself cumguzzler. Learning BB at the moment and enjoying the fuck out of it.
>>
>>386332331
>4 hours on record
Sure you are.
>>
>>386328801
atleast they will play the game for fucking fun
esports of any kind are cancer
>>
is this the thread where /v/ retards pretend to play fighting games
>>
>>386325416
>>DBZ Fighter surprisingly has some weird fatal flaw that causes pros to drop it fast, not nearly the amount of casuals buy it as people anticipated, making it a flop

You mean like SFV?
>>
>>386328801
Literally none of this sounds bad. Esports, the FGC, and the entire obsessive culture surrounding them killed the genre.
>>
>>386332208
>If it isn't broke, don't fix it
>Meanwhile, you faggots somehow broke your shit. not to mention waggling your finger while slobbering over CAPCOM is blatant hypocrisy

The fuck? So you're saying ArcSys can rehash and copypaste but no one else can? If that's the case you're the slobbering hypocrite.

>>386332331
Cumguzzler is very apt coming from someone playing BB.
>>
File: 1500226148556.jpg (59KB, 842x429px) Image search: [Google]
1500226148556.jpg
59KB, 842x429px
looking good guys
>>
File: 1501954892593.jpg (386KB, 915x541px) Image search: [Google]
1501954892593.jpg
386KB, 915x541px
>>386332510
>its ok when capcom does it
>>
File: 09_hrimage02.jpg (82KB, 640x924px) Image search: [Google]
09_hrimage02.jpg
82KB, 640x924px
>>386332513
Seriously IT TOOK EFFORT to make it look that bad, JUST PORT HER MVC3 MODEL YOU DID THAT FOR THE REST OF THE CAST ANYWAY
>>
>>386332510
>The fuck? So you're saying ArcSys can rehash and copypaste but no one else can?
ArcSys' sprites are up to date and work well. Meanwhile Capcom had the Morrigan sprite debacle, refusing to update it despite it regularly interacting with several way more modern and up to date sprites, highlighting the issue
All I'm saying faggot, is that one looks presentable right out of the box, and the other in addition to clearly reusing assets, are reusing assets wrong and make it look even worse than they were at the beginning.
>>
File: Es counter.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Es counter.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>386332394
About 6-8 months before CF released actually. Got a bit of practice on the previous version and found people to play offline with, had some good matches this friday too.

What have you done instead of crying on taiwanese moving images boards?

>>386332510
Your ass is very apt at taking dicks.
>>
>>386332585
how did they do it
>>
File: chjnjzydomsa3mgh3d8h.jpg (72KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
chjnjzydomsa3mgh3d8h.jpg
72KB, 800x450px
>>386332672
>>
>>386332734
>>386332672
>>386332513
You guys are missing the worst part, worse than her face

Someone post her walking animation ITS SO FUCKING BAD
>>
Street Fighter fans are the liberals of /v/: whiny, delusional and completely incapable of accepting reality
>>
>>386332802
Please don't drag politics into this the shitposting will hit critical mass
>>
>>386332787
do you have a link to the video i can make one
>>
>>386332870
https://twitter.com/CrackinAtkins/status/874489204943626240
>>
>>386332802
ArcSys players are welfare faggots. They feed of Capcom players and still want to shit on them despite being leeches who can't do anything themselves.
>>
>>386333057
t. never been to a tournament
>>
>>386333057
Stay fucking delusional, fucker.
>>
>thems fighting herds becomes massively successful
>fighting games feature exclusively quadrupeds for the next 20 years

Imagine living in this bizarre timeline.
>>
File: smug haku.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug haku.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
>>386333050
>OPEN THE DOOR
>GET ON THE FLOOR
>>
File: hrdtjhfg.webm (2MB, 608x612px) Image search: [Google]
hrdtjhfg.webm
2MB, 608x612px
>>386333050
>>
>>386333050
holy fucking shit

if OP is here please god defend this
>>
>>386333109
>>386333121
Where is your Anime Evo kiddies? You claimed you would have it by 07? Why do you rely on SF players to do all the heavy lifting just so you can bring your controller and say you're contributing? Half of you fags won't even pay venue fee and play only casuals on setups you didn't bring if they don't charge spectators.

You guys could've split from Capcom at any moment, but you chose not to. Smash did and they're perfectly fine.
>>
If Street Fighter dies everyone will just move to Guilty Gear. They have the most crossover among NA and JP players already with a lot of the pros playing both.

Mortal Kombat has been the best selling fighting game for a while now and none of the major FG companies has copied anything from them. Even in the 90s no one copied Mortal Kombat unless they were a shitty nobody dev that instantly put out a failure.
>>
>>386333292
Evo and tournaments in general need to die. Hopefully with SFV and Tekken 7 being terrible it'll finally happen.
>>
>>386333292
>Where is your Anime Evo kiddies?
evo sai
>>
>>386333292
>Where is your Anime Evo kiddies?
Fuck Evo.
>>
>>386333367
>Evo and tournaments in general need to die
for what reason
>>
>>386333369
>run by Capcom players

Do you understand what I'm trying to say you welfare leech?
>>
>>386333423
There's no reason to ask this question, everyone that whines about this stuff has some retarded sperg reasoning. Usually the most logical reasoning they give is that companies try to cater their games to esports, which in itself isn't really intrinsically bad.
>>
>>386333436
Piss off, Capcom dug its own grave with its bad decisions, you want to go down with the ship out of some twisted loyalty fine but don't act surprised when everyone else treats you like an idiot for it.
Riot making a fucking Arena fighter, where the hell do you get these ideas from?
>>
>>386333436
Why is it such a big deal for you if its run by Capcom players?
>>
>>386333436
>Capcom players

So if somebody plays both Capcom and Arcsys games they automatically get deemed as Capcom players exclusively?

How does that make any sense?
>>
>>386333489
E-sports is really only bad in the FGC when you bend over for Disney and stop showing costumes because MUH OFFENSIVE.

That's the real reason Capcom is dying anyways. The bit from the forbidden fruit of Disney.
>>
>>386333367
Whoa, whoa...We don't need to throw the baby out with bathwater. Just Capcom and Street Fighter dying is fine, please.
>>
>>386333050
kek that looks horrible.
>>
>>386325416
Nah, Fighting Layer Ex and DBFZ will do fine.

Tekken 7 is also very healthy and getting more DLC support.

Guilty Gear will continue to get updates.

And I'd take a LoL Fighting Game over Smash 4/Melee. One of those needs to be dropped. Hell, I've never played LoL, but I'd play a fighting game with the characters.
>>
>>386331793
>They tried to go for the muh esports audience
you realise that all they changed was calling fighting games e-sports?

fighers are techincally the oldest still-going e-sports, people just never called them like that before, and Capcom was always interested in pushing the tournament scene.
>>
Why is talking about fighting games on /v/ so shit?
>>
>>386332585
mvc3 chun looked like a soulless, plastic ps2 model tho

not saying mvci chun looks good yet, but MvC3 chun always looked fucking boring ingame, and mvci chun at least has nice particle effects
>>
>>386334147
Most people don't know shit about fightans but act all superior because they play 1 hour a week of a niche anime fighter
Basically people having strong opinions on subjects they know jackshit about
>>
File: handsome goku.jpg (69KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
handsome goku.jpg
69KB, 848x480px
>>386325416
>Thinking this far into the future
>Doesn't even take into account MvC:I 2 and SF 6 which Capcom are planning on using to win over roster fans
I'm all for games like DBF, Blazblue, and so on, but Capcom has yet to go all in and they're still getting the views they need to stay alive. They aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>386333436
>Couldn't even confirm SFV as a game for it due to licencing problems, had to add it later as an afterthought
>licencing problems
>for SFV
>in Japan where Capcom HQ is located
lmaoing @ you
>>
>>386333138
>>386333236
>>386333250
>>386333812
you faggots realise it's the exact same animation from MvC3 right?
>>
>>386325416
>they won't make rehashes of shit games
Wow what a tragedy. Maybe we'll go back to actual good games like Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter.
>>
>>386325416
Or, how about this, Capcom actually fixes SFV? You know, like making Juri play like how she's supposed to instead of like some completely different character wearing her body like a mask? You know, like making the execution not for babies? You know, like making zoning viable?
>>
>>386334247
>anime fighter
What do you mean?
Like SF and KoF?
Or Fatal Fury?
>>
>>386334297
nice proof
>>
File: 1487225405370.png (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487225405370.png
110KB, 600x600px
>>386325416
>DBZ FighterZ is a success
>they make a One Piece fighting game
>another big success
>so they do a Jump Superstars fighting game with DBF and OPF assets
>another massive success
>Marvel want a collab with Arcsys, goodbye Capcom, say hello to Jump vs Marvel
>biggest selling fighting game in history
>Arcsys is the new king
>>
>>386334262
Took me a while to tell if that was the new game or Super.
>>
>>386334262
>SF6
>MvC:I 2
Capcom already didn't had money to make SFV before Sony threw them a few bucks to start pushing their e-sport scene, and it's also obvious that most of the game's lackings are caused by financial difficulties. The only reason MvCI exist is because they can reuse 80% of the assests from MvC3.
>>
>>386333529
why don't you just fuck off and do your own shit like Smash? Why must you leech off of Capcom? You fags literally cry about fighhting game diversity when tournaments are Capcom certric, sites are Capcom centric, and communities are Capcom centric. Instead of trying to force people to do charity do your own shit
>>
>>386334389
>so they do a Jump Superstars fighting game with DBF and OPF assets
Holy shit. A 2.5D Jump Platform Fighter by ASW would be BOSS. Fuck Smash Bros, this would be THE shit.
>>
File: ded.png (372KB, 536x1062px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
372KB, 536x1062px
How soon will Tekken 7 join these dead games?
>>
>>386334371
her animations are in general just copied from mvc3 except for the few new moves she got
>>
File: 1466164615503.jpg (50KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1466164615503.jpg
50KB, 384x384px
>>386334480
>Capcom certric
>game was added later to Sai, even Smash was confirmed before it
>>
>>386334467
Sequel hook, they clearly don't care that they "didn't had money". Also why would so many characters from MvC3 be missing, even the ones that Capcom can legally use if all they're doing is reusing assets like you said?
>>
>>386334550
nice
proof
>>
>>386325416
Seeing this ugly fuss and a parade of haters on the internet, what I do not want to see as for street fighter is, that these stigma and backlash make Capcom's attitude toward fighting games MORE CONSERVATIVE.

Street fighter as series are changing their shape through the time by replacing old game mechanics and characters drastically per every numbering unlike any other fighting games, introducing new vision of street fighter and its world, you can say, which is tradition for the series.

But now they probably regret not sticking with old mechanics that sf4 had, and which 09ers are familiar with and can easily adopt. And after all, following revival of fighting games after sf4 came out, the community has been consisted of these 09ers never having experience drastically change of the series, and given especially in the state where fighting games are still niche, its more easy for developers to pander existing fan and generation.

However, the problem here is, in a long term, these pandering and sticking with old mechanism and fanbase would kill fighting games itself by pushing them into a small gated community just like other relatively niche fighting games. At very least, we should praise capcom's bold and confident, taking the risk, approach about sf5, even if the game is totally wrong for you. It's super refreshing in this age especially for fighting games.
>>
>>386334551
>Evo

do you not know who funds and runs the Evo brand?
>>
>>386328801
>people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station
That sounds pretty comfy honestly.
>>
>>386334665
it's called loitering
>>
>>386334564
>they clearly don't care that they "didn't had money"
what do you mean by that? Should they stop even trying to make games now?
>why would so many characters from MvC3 be missing, even the ones that Capcom can legally use if all they're doing is reusing assets
making them compatible with mvci still costs money. All the particle effects have to be remade and they also need some new moves and complete rebalance.
>>
>>386334656
everyone and not just Capcom?
>>
File: 1499426054464.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1499426054464.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>I started playing fighting games when SSFIV was released: The thread
cool story, bros

Now fuck off back to plebbit. On the bright side, SFV LITERALLY can't bomb harder than it already did. Suck my dick, crapcom loyalists.
>>
>>386330383
Juri should really have bigger tits, thighs, and ass than Chun-li.
>>
>>386334745
>everyone

Capcom players
Wizard and the Cannons are both Capcom players.
>>
>If my shitty low effort capcbro games fail that means games like DBZ and Tekken 8 will magically turn into shit and fighting games will die forever trust me
What's the point of this thread
>>
>>386334389
>Jump vs Marvel
>Finally free of Capcom's lazy ass devs, Marvel's side of the cast all has interesting unique character mechanics
>Jump's side of the cast is still all generic energy blasts, teleports and floaty ass overheads
No ty. Shonen shit just doesn't work in fighting games, period.
>>
File: 1499275728218.jpg (49KB, 337x287px) Image search: [Google]
1499275728218.jpg
49KB, 337x287px
>>386334868
>organizers playing SF means its Capcom centric
You're confusing evo with capcom cup.
>>
>>386334736
How do you even interpret that's what I said when I mention the sequel hook that Capcom is likely working on as we speak. You might want to watch this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VljBIFuYpY

I absolutely hate what Capcom and Dimps did with SF V, but I'd be in denial if I said that they didn't strike gold by making a mediocre game and profiting from it.
>>
>>386334247
Wew lad that's some strong projection there
>>
>>386334247
What's wrong, liberal. Are you lost? The r/sf Eventhubs circlejerk safe space is over there. This is for adults who can handle real life.
>>
>>386334868
So they are Capcom employee?
>>
File: brock disappointed.jpg (32KB, 722x485px) Image search: [Google]
brock disappointed.jpg
32KB, 722x485px
>This thread

https://youtu.be/dajkvVyiHrU?t=10m49s
>>
>>386334868
>Muh Capcom players!
This is some retarded excuse. Capcom players running a tournament means jack shit.
>>
>>386328801
>the days of people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station, you want that shit?
What kind of antisocial loser doesn't? I'd trade every single one of you online warrior dipshits for the average smelly stoner that I used to play with at the improvised arcades down here decades ago.
>>
So I used to play capcom arcades back in the 90 does that mean that if I make a tournament for KoF it counts as a capcom tournament or wtf
>>
>>386334650
Fuck 09ers. The FGC was fine before they arrived and will still be fine when they Fuck off to the next vidy fad-of-the-week.
>>
>>386334247
>niche anime fighter
This is code for "I only play SFV and get bullied online a lot because of this".
>>
>>386334985
>>386335079
>>386335158
Host your own events you lazy fucks. You literally had to DDOS SRK and flood the forum with crying to finally get back.
>>
>>386335438
>Being this upset because his favorite game company is failing
Make me faggot.
>>
>>386335438
Why would I a host an event?
I can play with friends or go to the arcade
>>
Any Eternal Bronze/Low Silver players wanna play some SFV?
>>
>>386335497
>>386335498
then quit bitching like feminists
>>
>>386335659
Again, nice projection.
>>
>>386335659
How many tourneys have you won?
Or even get top 16?
Or do you just watch shit on twitch like a nu-male?
>>
>>386334541
>buying fighting games on PC
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>386334984
>all generic energy blasts, teleports and floaty ass overheads
You know nothing about Jump series, right?
>>
>>386335767
Nice try, but I've won locals and got top 10 at regionals. Back to /r/kappa with you
>>
File: 1497277293553.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497277293553.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>386334984
>Shonen shit just doesn't work in fighting games, period.
Hi.
>>
>>386335878
Nice proof. My dad works at Capcom, told me theyre selling its rights to ASW by next year.
>>
>>386335659
You're the one who flew into histrionics with your eyesore of a post, shithead
>>
>>386335893
>Energy blasts followed by what looks like a stuffed floaty ass overhead attempt
Hi.

>>386335857
fk you got me, busted! I forgot about the time when naruto BECAME the engergy blasts.
>>
File: IMG_0897.jpg (699KB, 761x998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
699KB, 761x998px
>DBFZ is shit because I said so

Didn't even read the rest, fuck off shill. If Capcom stops supporting fighters that just means fighting games don't become esports. It's win-win really.
>>
>>386335878
>/r/kappa
I like it when plebbitors use their plebbit terminology while unironically attempting to pass off as a legit 4chan regular. Why don't YOU fuck off back to krappa, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>386326649
Nobody cares about that except the people participating you retard.
>>
>>386336110
and about HxH, Hokuto no Ken, Jojo, Kenshin, City Hunter, Slam Dunk, One Piece, Shaman King, Bobobobo, Gintama, Captain Tsubasa, Black Cat, Eyeshield 21 ?
So much "energy blasts", right?
>>
>>386326649
Ahahahahhaa.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. It's probably the funniest post I've read all week. Keep them coming.
>>
>>386335521
I'd like to, but I seriously need some sleep. Mind leaving your ID, I might try to play with you later.
>>
File: 1497275085639.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497275085639.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>386336110
Hi
>>
>>386336526
>Jojo
I mean, stands really are just that alone.

>One Piece
You have to be kidden when there's an outright energy blast that causes hypnosis, fucking powered up states that make SSJSS look tame in retardedness, and the fact that it's pretty much 'Monster of the week' drama that Kamen Rider and Power Rangers pulls off better in it's sleep.

>Shaman King
Most of the final spirit attacks was this.

>Bobobobo, Gintama
Both of these series use it, in irony, but it's not very ironic when you keep doing the same joke in earnest.

>That other crap
I'm pretty sure it does, but I've not looked into any of it to prove that otherwise.
>>
>>386336526
Like half of those feature teleports of some kind and the other half feature thinly veiled energy blasts disguised as very fast punches, slashes, or soccer balls.
>>
>>386336705
>>386336742
Yeah, so exactly like Marvel characters.
>>
>>386336697
>Energy blast
>Floaty overhead
>Teleport
>Energy blast
H-hello... ????
>>
File: 1499298453222.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
1499298453222.gif
3MB, 368x349px
Only murrilards care about DB. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1493442458892.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493442458892.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>it's a /v/ pretends they play fighting games episode
>>
File: 1450584068900.png (431KB, 568x693px) Image search: [Google]
1450584068900.png
431KB, 568x693px
>"FGC E-sports" dies out
>People now can play whatever they want while not caring about the money
Pre SFIV you could see people set up Gaoru or any other fucking game and they would try it out, but nowadays there's a stigma of not playing the most current game or the one with the most cash

Let the nu-FGC crash and redo the whole thing again
>>
>>386337019
My favorite episode
>>
>>386337023
b-b-but anon! What about FChamp?! ;__;
>>
>>386337023
>People now can play whatever they want while not caring about the money

Everyone has already been doing this.

>Pre SFIV you could see people set up Gaoru or any other fucking game and they would try it out
Lol this is a blatant lie. Dark Geese who have 10 Mexicans around his KoF setup for years. Quit bullshitting
>>
>>386336705
>>386336742
>>386336827
So what franchises Would be in a Jump Smash Bros game by ASW?

Let's get the obvious ones out of the way:
DBZ
One Piece
Jojo
Naruto
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Yu-Gi-Oh
Hunter x Hunter
Nisekoi
Haikyuu
Assassination Classroom
Food Wars

Assuming a roster of 25 characters, who would make the cut?
>>
File: 1484960576403.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484960576403.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>386337019
>it's a "I'm so smarter than others: the post" episode
>>
>>386336960
>Floaty overhead
What even isnt floaty to you? Also where's the overhead in that webm? You pretending to know shit again?
>>
>>386337019
I can win online matches sometimes, so the state of the FGC is basically in my hands.
>>
Keep in mind that DBFZ is not even in beta yet. Given how Arcsys balanced their games (P4U, BBCT, SIGN with Elphelt being the least offender), it's kind of optimistic to say that DBFZ won't have problems. Furthermore, the game is attuned to be beginner-friendly (and beyond avoiding TR motions, we have no idea how bad/easy the execution barrier is going to be), which may turn big names away.

P4U was so fucking broken as a game that they just decided to give everyone a 100 to 0 and call it a day. Sure, there is some appeal there, but the playerbase for that is niche and support for further products of that manner was close to non-existent/negligible.

When people cry "E-sports" treatment, this is the way these games generate revenue. Companies sponsor tournaments, people invest, game gets publicity, the cycle repeats itself as the companies involved get revenue. MvCi is pretty much guaranteed to have big money generating publicity for it. This is exactly the system you see for SFV. If there is no competitive play, as some people advocate for it here, then the company changes their projects, forgets about the game, and the franchise dies.
>>
>>386335298
They did that anon, back in 2011.
>>
>>386336526
>Bobobo
I would kill for a Bobobo fighting game.
>>
>>386336697

I HATE how stiff it looks. There's no smoothness to the animations. Looks like 12fps 2D animation. It makes it much harder to really follow.
>>
>>386338368
Its the same style of animation all anime fighters have. You just don't like anime fighters is all.
>>
>>386338716

Well, I don't. It just looks like a series of static images. I don't see any movement, and thus it's very hard to follow. Older 2D games had far less moves and animations, thus it was much easier to follow. Now the modern anime fighters have complex fast moves, but still using the low framerates, making it a total mess.

I can at least get why they'd do that with 2D sprites, as it's prohibative to do third strike tier animations in HD. But, ArcSys is using god damn 3D models making it totally inexcusable.
>>
>>386325416

Good.

Fighting games are shit anyway.
>>
>>386338941
Its made that way to replicate actual anime animations, from shows/series, not just because of tradition in 2D fighters.

Sorry for your loss anon, I have no particular problem with it. Fortunately other fighters with more elaborate animations exist, just not for anime. No, Storm games aren't fighters, just brawlers.
>>
>>386337208
2 from each of those, except 3 from dbz, 1 from food wars. Unlockable one punch mang.
>>
>>386339441
OPM is Young Jump, not Shounen Jump.
>>
>>386334650
this
People saying "sf4 veterans(lol) cannot win this game because the game is garbage and not having as high ceiling of skill as previous street fighters" are stupid
I wonder if these people were actually watching sf4 tournaments and just tried to compare it with sf5's result ---- because sf4 never produce consistent results as you expected. Look at every tourney's top8 during sf4 days, soon you realize it was really inconsistent compared to smash or marvel games.
>>
>>386340921
>I wonder if these people were actually watching sf4 tournaments and just tried to compare it with sf5's result ---- because sf4 never produce consistent results as you expected. Look at every tourney's top8 during sf4 days, soon you realize it was really inconsistent compared to smash or marvel games.

The Top 32 and Top 16 are very consistent. It's the same group of players competing for top spot. Look at EVO SF4. Thousands enter, and the same 16 are at the top. The exact order of that top 16 changes.
>>
>>386341061
>the Top 32 and Top 16 are very consistent. It's the same group of players competing for top spot.
Citation needed

>Look at EVO SF4. Thousands enter, and the same 16 are at the top.
Not at all.

EVO 2015 top 16:
Momochi, Gamerbee, Infiltration, Nemo, Tokido, Aiai, Nuckledu, PRbalrog, Fillipinoman, Umehara, Santarou, Kazunoko, Xiaohai, Kindevu, Snakeyes, Latif

EVO 2014 top 16:
Luffy, Bonchan, Fuudo, Snake Eyez, Gackt, Ricky Ortiz, Momochi, Sako, Pugera, Dieminion, Itabashi Zangief , GamerBee, Eita, Kazunoko, Filipino Man, Taiga

Well, common in these top 16 between two Evos are only GamerBee, Momochi, Filipinoman, kazunoko, Snakeyes.
>>
>>386325416
>hurr durp durprhe world revolves around SFV. When it does we all die. BUY GAME OR AT LEAST STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY SHIT GAME AND CAPCOM OR THEYLL VE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>386328243
I don't like the fact that SFV has had many systems simplified. I hate crush counters and I dislike the idea of heavy medium light attack priority, too.

But playing devil's advocate here, execution as you mentioned is a bad way to balance a game anyway. Take for example PR Balrog in usf4. Nobody thought of Balrog as an explosive high damage mix up character, but because PR Balrog could do the jab strong ex upper loops and the smash straight fadc jab links consistently, he was able to stun in often just one combo and a throw or instead nj. fierce overhead he transformed Balrog. Yes his footsie and amazing reactions seperated him from his Balrog peers, as it should, but not to the extent that his ability to consistently hit difficult combos did, which one can argue shouldnt.
>>
>>386342060
What if one looks at all major tournaments such as CEO, Canada Cup and SEA Majors, for example?
>>
>>386332012
Is Peacock a waifu character?
>>
File: IMG_6860.gif (196KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6860.gif
196KB, 500x463px
>>386343954
You tell me
>>
>>386340921
No, the consistent top players in each region remained the same for years. In America only Smug and NuckleDu won Majors that were really young. Latif was a new player that did really well too I guess. Otherwise the top in America remained Justin, Ricky, Dieminion, PR Rog, Snake Eyez, for years. Mike Ross (for a time) was there too. In Japan Daigo, Mago, Tokido, Sako, Momochi, Bonchan etc. again dominated for years. Gamerbee, Fuudo and Xian are the only newcomers I can see that really excelled.
>>
>>386337019
Who do you main in SFV and why?
>>
>>386336996
I'm English and I care. Although I'm not going to prove it.
>>
File: 1501631213084.jpg (116KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501631213084.jpg
116KB, 576x768px
>>386343954
Daugtheru
>>
>>386325416
GUILTY GEAR
>>
People will still play fighting games if Capcom is n more. Fuck SFV.
>>
>>386344784
Imagine. An "inferior" anime fightan game's had more content in its tutorial section than SFV had on release.

Oh and arcade mode wasn't non existent. But why the fuck not, Capcom could serve the FGC fresh scar on a plate sprinkled with fine herbs and their fuckboys would pay for that shit and ESPN(which is already dying on it's own, with terrible deals with the NFL draining them of money and their old school system of personality driven sportbroadcast being at odds with just people wanting the fucking sport info, being their downfall) would offer millions to show it off on television.
>>
>>386345765
Maybe if another company made a proper SF game than some retarded shit then people would switch. The problem is all the other games have massive problems with their core fundamentals that keep me playing SF.
>>
>>386326806
>modern capcom
>put resources into good

pffffffffffffffffffffffft
>>
>>386325416
>Timeline for the death of Fighting Games

By me, a 35 year old

Mid-late 1990s: Arcades almost completely vanish from America, killing the fighting game genre.

You're now playing games where split second millisecond input differences decide fight winners, with 50ms ping, all the time. None of you seem to realize how ridiculous this honestly is.

Also, the internet and the availability of guides and stuff killed the genre. Fighting games weren't made for people to generally be good at. Doing so pushes the mechanics in a direction that makes the games unenjoyable to play casually
>>
The FGC is shock full of people who I'm going to call combo-scrubs.

They feel better about the filthy casuals because they don't dedicate the time to grind out solo execution tests. This is why they enjoy setplay and momentum based games, because they don't want to interact with the opponent, they want to get one knockdown and then meme them to death.

They learn combos but they never advance beyond that, because they never get to play mindgames, and keep playing shitty games with 50/50s all over the place, just so they can blame randomness. They delude themselves into thinking this is real skill. They are deathly afraid of it being taken away from them, because then they'd have to actually fight, and would have noone to blame but themselves.
>>
>>386326649
>me caring about someone making profit off a hobby and treating it like a business prospect and acting like it should be a real job
You're right, I don't care.
>>
>>386326231
Have you ever gotten out of pools at EVO? Do you have any realistic prospects of winning any significant money in ANY game?

No?

Then stop being a fucking retard and just play the fucking games
>>
If Capcom dies then all this E-Sports dogshit will go away, win-win.
>>
>>386350425
>If Capcom dies
No way fag. Just let SF die.
I still want my Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter.
>>
>>386349472
This is why I'm quite sad Arcsys/Marvel games are doing well because those games live and breathe that shit

I don't know why so many modern players play fighting games where the end goal is effectively to make it a single player game
>>
>>386350425
wrong. even worse companies like riot and netherrealm will swoop in for muh esports and casuals and loot box cash grab.

we should try to kill esports while saving street fighter and capcom. that is the best possible outcome.
>>
>>386337150
Let me know when FChamp faggot plays other fighting game instead of SFV and MvC franchise.
>>
>>386325416

Videogames deserve to die.
>>
>>386333314
Wrong.

If SF dies, it's over for FGC. It'll just because the SF3 period all over again where everything dies.

If anything, it will revert from SF5 back to USF4 before it dies.
>>
You made this thread yesterday, fuck off with your shilling and absurd mental gymnastics.
>>
Smash is the only fighting game it matters anymore.

And it's not even a traditional fighting game.
>>
File: IMG_3604.jpg (81KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3604.jpg
81KB, 750x421px
>>386351223
>every game dies
>people just meet up and play whatever the hell they feel like

sounds fantastic. Last local I wemt to had a buncha random Garou matches inbetween tournaments, it was great. If you aren't down for full-on poverty mode, I don't understand you. I doubt you are making esports money from games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUVNqNSo5M

If this kills fighting games, they don't deserve to live.
>>
>>386350701
i feel the same way about how people act like they're fans of kofxiii
it's probably the most combo intensive kof game alongside those stupid striker games but this doesn't even have that
and people will go "kofxiii is um deeper than kofxiv!!!! cuz combos lol!!! durr" and act like it's the way kof is supposed to be played and never having experienced previous kof games before since it's babby's first kof
>>
>>386325416
I don't think you actually play fighting games.
>>
File: 1470068622573.jpg (51KB, 849x476px) Image search: [Google]
1470068622573.jpg
51KB, 849x476px
Fighting games are never going to die, because new brands are capitalizing on Capcom's failure, and every studio now and then is announcing their fighting games (with relatively new gimmicks).

Tekken isn't doing too bad.

We'll have a new Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, maybe another Samurai Shodown.

This plus, DBFZ is set to be the most successful games in 2018, you gotta see the hype it's producing.

Fighting games are only ever starting.

I can't wait to play the League of Legends fighting game.
>>
>>386329159
Okay, so who gets all of Capcom's IPs? Not just Mega Man, but Breath of Fire, Cyberbots, Okami, DMC, etc.
>>
>>386325416
Arksys is saving fighting games
>>
File: 634689-charlotte_horse.jpg (58KB, 494x600px) Image search: [Google]
634689-charlotte_horse.jpg
58KB, 494x600px
>>386352603
>another Samurai Shodown

That's not happening anon as much as i would love to ;____;
>>
>>386352583
All he does Is watch people play them, esports is the same cancer as twitch and ecelebs.
>>
>>386352802
It was semi-confirmed somewhere.

With this, why not even a new last blade?
>>
>>386325416
>not nearly the amount of casuals buy it
that never stoped guilty gear from being a sucess
>>
>>386352802
>>386353001
I want those and a new SC (that builds on I & II if possible).

Not having weapon fighters that are more traditional (as opposed to arcsys airdashers) fucking sucks.
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>386325416
>Smash Bros dominates fighting game tournaments now, to the chagrin of the FGC
>>
There are other games genres to play, I am not a hostage of fightan games. It is true I have had lots of good memories of playing fightan over the years, but I am not going to keep playing the new games when they are shit and fail to deliver. I would rather see Capcom fighters die than live on in their current form. Me personally, I have gotten into CCGs to satisfy the competitive itch
>>
>>386325416
Implying game journalists will still be a thing by 2020.
>>
File: 1498630265270.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498630265270.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>muh """"""""""""""""""""NECESSARY EVIL""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: vf6_2078.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
vf6_2078.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>They were delivered the best fighting game one can wish for

>They didn't play it
>>
this forced meme again?
>>
So to sum it all up, you want me to suck Capcom's dick no matter what the fuck they do from now on. Even if they think that re-implementing that root kit is a good idea?
>>
File: 57164031_p0.jpg (495KB, 1551x2518px) Image search: [Google]
57164031_p0.jpg
495KB, 1551x2518px
>>386325416
Leave saving Street Fighter to me!
>>
File: 1501430623518.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501430623518.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>386339143
>>386338941
>>386338716
>>386338368
This is my only complaint about DBZF and Arcsys fighting games. Compare that to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN1Lgh-EC4A&t=21s

Lightning fast. Why can't they look like that? I don't buy that it has anything to do with the "anime" look, because I promise you, a typical DBZ fight scene is way faster than that.
>>
>>386354175
Still has a fuckload of character specific combos and stupid execution, but yeah, it's a good contender.
>>
File: 1467836210746.png (14KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1467836210746.png
14KB, 203x209px
>>386354445
>this is my only complaint
>bitches about speed instead of animation
>>
File: Ingrid239.jpg (501KB, 900x980px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid239.jpg
501KB, 900x980px
>>386354282
By not including Ingrid, Capcom have chosen to not let their franchise survive when she was the one thing that could actually make the view on the game positive.
>>
>>386354649
Ingrid is just a worse Karin
>>
>>386328801
>we'll be going back to the days of people playing melty blood in a fucking gas station, you want that shit?
that is exactly what we want you fag.

e-sports ruined a bunch of fighting games and video games in general. i just want them to be over.
>>
File: Miku.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Miku.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>386354460
You don't need to know combos or have a flawless execution to be good in virtua fighter, just learn BnB and fundamentals.
>>
>>386354638
>instead of animation

Which is besides the point. MVC animates fine, and so does DBZF, but if more animation = slower speed, fuck that.
>>
>>386325416
I haven't played SFV in over a year, but is the consensus that we are supposed to hate Abigail? I just watched a gameplay video and he looks fun as fuck.
>>
File: Ingrid435.jpg (94KB, 700x894px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid435.jpg
94KB, 700x894px
>>386354729
Ingrid and Karin are incredibly different both in terms of playstyle and mannerisms. It's true that Karin's SFV redesign has taken inspiration from Ingrid's design, but Ingrid is not lacking in alternatives as they revealed, and SFV has not shown reluctance in changing iconic designs either.
>>
>>386350578
Capcom is probably gonna try and westernize and ruin those franchises though like they did with Dead Rising, Devil May Cry and Lost Planet.
>>
>>386354971
When they probably do I'll probably stop playing and probably hope they probably die as well.

Until said probable future comes I'm good and still enjoying them up to their latest title.
>>
>>386347531
Name me fundemental problems with other fighting games BESIDES them being anime or "too hard". Anyone can pick up Guilty gear and Tekken and be decent at it. Not everyone can just become tourney level god like SF basically allows by making the gameplay boil down to 2 states of being; boring or intensely anxiety provoking because 1 wrong move gets you combo memed to death by a total scrub and you lose in grand finals.

Also, STREET FIGHTER IS ANIME. I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPE THINK ITS TOTALLY NOT ANIME when you have shit like school girls fighting in tournaments and guys shooting our energy balls.
>>
>>386354795
I think he is okay as a "function", but his character design is dumb as hell.
>>
>>386352802
Honestly we are lacking both a weapon fighter and a fighting game with a slower pace right now. A new Samsho would fill that niche nicely plus it would be exciting to casual viewers too.

Just hope that SNKP learned from KOF14 and the time they turned Samsho into Maximum Impact
>>
File: 43206032_p0.jpg (459KB, 1459x2032px) Image search: [Google]
43206032_p0.jpg
459KB, 1459x2032px
>>386354842
I don't like dark Ingrid, I'd rather have her real alt.
>>
>>386352092
fantasy strike is going to fail because it is not the complicated commands that make it hard but decision making and matchup knowledge. you can make a game easier as much as you want but you will always see people getting btfo because they don't know what to do during the match.
>>
>>386335893
>Frieza's final blast

You gotta be kidding, this is a thing?
What happens if Goku throws a kamehameha against this?
>>
>>386354795
Most people hate his design. Doesn't help that he has clipping issues up the ass, certain projectiles phase through his upper body, and that Capcom accidentally used the wrong model for his EVO trailer, making him look bigger than he actually was.
>>
File: Ingrid512.jpg (182KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid512.jpg
182KB, 600x847px
>>386355364
That's just her Midnight Bliss form, not an alt.
>>
>>386355394
Yes, but they can at least start learning, instead of being stonewalled by execution.

You'll never have a situation in FS where the answer to it is "you should have spent 10 hours training before the match".
>>
>>386354795
Abigail's design sucks, was revealed during a time we got Geese for Tekken, Jubei for Blazblue, and Meme-o-mania, is easy to make fun of, and obviously has clipping everywhere.

You're right though, he makes me want to try him out too.
>>
>>386355860
>Meme-o-mania
Are we not allowed to like Skullomania anymore?
>>
File: 1500344015296.jpg (51KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
1500344015296.jpg
51KB, 359x305px
fantasy strike is the savior of fighting games and you fags just dont see it
>>
>>386355917
Skullo has always been a meme. It's fine if you like him, but if you ask anybody who has him on their wishlist for an SF or MVC game if they played an EX game, you're probably going to get a no.
>>
File: skullomania.jpg (340KB, 1080x912px) Image search: [Google]
skullomania.jpg
340KB, 1080x912px
>>386355917
>>386356106
I like him. I've never even played an EX game.

He looks like Japan's answer to Deadpool.
>>
File: Fire Safety.gif (2MB, 356x268px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Safety.gif
2MB, 356x268px
YOU FUCKS BROUGHT INGRIDFAG BACK
DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT UPON FGC THREADS
>>
>>386325416

Capcom isn't in charge of fighting games anymore, they're incompetent. There are many good fighting games out there and that Arika game looks like it'll be the GotY of fightans.

>B-BUT MUH ESPORTS

FGC wasn't about the fuckery that Capcom has been doing lately. James Chen is just salty that Capcom is going under very soon.
>>
>>386356275
Is he anything like Kattfag?
>>
>>386356019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2LIt0Q8u5U

word
>>
>>386355583
but moves were never that much of a problem, some shit like DPS or half circles > forward might be a bit confusing at first but you can understand that in 5 minutes.
>>
>>386354795
I think he is cool as fuck, too

and the people saying his design is silly or stupid are simply stupid or ignorant not knowing street fighter has always been with silliness and stupids

do not change the nature of SF things like "stories of your normal comics heroes wearing tights"
>>
>>386356452
They weren't for you and me, they are for a bunch of people.

The bigger gap is shit like having to know option selects, optimal punishes, special properties, etc.
>>
>>386356474
Hakan's design was silly too but people loved him when he was revealed
>>
>>386356670
>option selects, optimal punishes, special properties, etc.
that shit i agree, i dont even know why these even a thing in fighting games.
>>
File: Abigail4.jpg (357KB, 1809x908px) Image search: [Google]
Abigail4.jpg
357KB, 1809x908px
BRAAP
>>
>>386356853
That must stink if it's turning Ibuki off.
>>
>>386356838
because the devs kept piling on mechanics and flashy stuff for combos, ignoring that emergent properties of moves are going to improve execution anyway.

(and also bad design decisions while designing the control scheme leading to option selects)
Thread posts: 408
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.