[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plug 'n' Play HDMI for Gamecube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: gcp.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gcp.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
Thoughts on the Plug 'n' Play HDMI adapter for DOL-001 GameCube systems? Personally I plan to get one later down the road, not really a huge thing I'm looking for atm.
>>
>>386316068
>2017
>not just emulating Nintendo products
>>
File: GZLE01-12.jpg (3MB, 7060x4224px) Image search: [Google]
GZLE01-12.jpg
3MB, 7060x4224px
>Paying that much
>When dolphin exists
>>
I do use Dolphin, but mainly for netplaying Super Smash Bros. I'm a hardware enthusiast for technology in general, and mildly into collecting retro video games; that's why this adapter appeals to me.
>>
I bought an RGB scart because Im in PAL days before this got big - but the whole hand made price tag is just insane, really want it though

hoping for cheap mass clones that arent shit
>>
>>386316068
Don't you know what year it is? Just emulate it or play it on your Wii.
>>
>>386320009

OP here, same my dude. $100 is very steep, I hope it becomes more mass produced / cheaper.

>>386320107

I do play GameCube games on my Wii, it outputs through component to my Sony Wega CRT. The Wii doesn't have the Gameboy Player though :^)

I'm a HARDWARE enthusiast, I don't just emulate le childhood nostalgia-boner games to add to my 90s Aesthetic Tumblr blog.
>>
>>386320364
>I'm a HARDWARE enthusiast, I don't just emulate le childhood nostalgia-boner games to add to my 90s Aesthetic Tumblr blog.
People emulate because it's the quickest way to play if you don't have a console, you fucking moron.
you're exactly the kind of person who spends $500 on an old dinky CRT, aren't you?

haha you sure showed me
>>
>>386320364
Just use S-Video, component isn't that big of a jump in quality.
>>386317158
>>386317468
>>386320107
>comes to a thread about hardware
>just use emulation bruh
Fuck off, emulation is nice but when someone is clearly talking about hardware it's dumb to fill the thread up with emulation talk.
>>386320731
>you're exactly the kind of person who spends $500 on an old dinky CRT, aren't you?
You have no idea what you're talking about dude. You can get a good trinitron for like $5 at yard sales. The only people who thinks you have to/does spend a shit ton of money on CRTs are autistics who don't know how to socialize their way to a good deal.
>>
>>386320731
No but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to get a 20" Sony PVM, those usually cost around $300. I understand the convenience of emulation, but that's not what I made the thread for and I just get bombarded by emufags being like "THE YEAR IS NOW"

I'm just trying to own a piece of history, my [tfw to smart] remark was just trying to cement that I'm in it for more than just playing the game alone, I like the history of technology.

>>386321008

God bless

(OP Here again, I suck at using this site)
>>
>>386316068

Can't you just play everything on the Wii instead?
>>
At this point Dolphin is so far ahead that if you play on GC you are literally playing the worse verison of the game. Just get an adapter for the GC controller and you are set.
>>
>>386321143
Dolphin is great but nothing will ever beat real hardware considering it's what the game was made for. Also again,
>comes to a thread about hardware
>just use emulation bruh
>>
>>386321008
>fuck off
>clearly about hardware
Then make it clear that one is only interested in discussing hardware. Right now I look at OP and I see a man who is asking what people think of a 100 dollar adapter just to play GC through HDMI.
100 dollars is a stupid amount of money, so instead people will rightfully say that you should either emulate (because dolphin is really fucking good these days) or use the wii if you really need it.
>>
>>386321008
It's more the fact modern televisions ONLY have HDMI and Displayport.
>>
>>386321143
F-Zero GX is still a mess of weird textures and farting noises for me.

I'm sure it "works on your machine" though so ignore this.
>>
>>386321480
Have you tried the latest dolphin with ultrashaders?
I assume you already looked up working settings from the wiki https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=F-Zero_GX
>>
Can someone clear up if this new P&P cord works for PAL games with DOL-000 system?

I'm very confused, some are saying it doesnt support 480p

some are saying "it does 576p for PAL" but no progressive scan

others are talking about action replay

pleaase help me
>>
>>386321714
DOL-001*
>>
>>386321360

OP again, yeah I suppose I wasn't specific enough. Dolphin is accurate if you're only referring to maybe 10-30 games.

>>386321654

I'm specifically asking about using native hardware, in terms of games that actually play BETTER on Dolphin **performance wise**, I can only explicitly think of one example the Dolphin dev team pointed out; it was like Star Wars The Clone Wars or something. I actually follow their blog, dunno about you guys; the progress is there but it's nowhere near 100%, a lot of games still stutter or have graphical issues.

>>386321714

Action replay with Swiss might be able to boot certain PAL games in 480p60, but it's pretty limited as far as I know. PAL has RGB, but is otherwise pretty SOL for getting progressive scan out. Again, try AR + Swiss.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (1MB, 1199x675px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
1MB, 1199x675px
>>386321714
Hey guys! Metal Jesus here...
youtube.com/watch?v=XUks9-jW9xw
>>
File: youtu.be-hVX81e6Ig-s.jpg (821KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-hVX81e6Ig-s.jpg
821KB, 1280x720px
>>386317158
>>386317468
>>386320107
>>386321123
>emulating when you have an option to play on original hardware with good image quality
what the fuck
>>
>>386322060
I've actually jerked off to several of his videos (the ones with Kelsey)
>>
>>386322149
...... where's the good image?
>>
>>386322149
Isn't component mathematically equivalent to RGB? It should be perfect.
>>
>>386322149

The wii has backwards compatibility.
>>
>>386322149

Playing it on Wii isn't emulating you fucktard, it literally has the Gamecube hardware in it.

Wii + Nintendont + Component Cables is literally the best way to play Gamecube games.
>>
OP again

>>386322334
Can't tell if you're joking or not, but if you are it's not really funny.

If you aren't, the two on the right. It's a lot more noticeable when you're playing the game, because progressive will look a lot smoother in motion.

>>386322382

No GameBoy Player support, also has a compatibility issue with a select few games afaik (not saying that deters me, it's still my main way of playing GameCube games.)
>>
OP
>>386322491

I did this to play the 20XX hackpack on my Wii, I'm mildly familiar with Homebrew.
>>
>>386322509
But why play in 480p when you can upscale with dolphin.
>>
>>386322491
You mean Wii U + Nintendont + HDMI, doncha?
>>
>>386322509

>also has a compatibility issue with a select few games afaik

Such as?
>>
>>386322657

>You mean Wii U + Nintendont + HDMI, doncha?

Fuck no.

Component > HDMI for Gamecube stuff.

Not to mention you can easily use Gamecube Memory Cards and Controllers with the Wii.
>>
>>386322708
I don't know, like I said it doesn't bother me because I'm not going to ditch a system for maybe 3 games that don't work 100%

>>386322657
WiiU adds a guaranteed 8ms if I remember correctly, since that's an emulated Wii inside of there.

>>386322648
Hardware thread.
>>
>>386322509

>No Gameplayer support.
I didn't know that, never tried it. Good to know.

As for your original question, whatever new adapters or the like come out, it is best to snap them up early. The reason why is because anything related to Nintendo hardware (even if unofficial) seem to always appreciate in value over time because of scalpers, and you get assholes like Metal Jesus Rocks that eventually make youtube videos for collectors/scalpers, driving up the prices.
>>
>>386322813

>I don't know,

But you said "as far as I know", so surely you should be able to list those games that have compatibility issues...unless of course you don't fucking know and you're just pulling shit out your ass?
>>
OP

>>386322923
I'm sorry, I worded that poorly. I remember hearing around at one point, maybe it's just a dumb rumor. My apologies.

My point was that even if there was an extremely minor compatibility issue, it would not bother me.
>>
>>386323029
The Wii is a better Gamecube.
There is a reason why all those "portable Gamecube" hardware mods all use Wii hardware instead.
The only reason to use a GameCube nowadays is if you own the Game Boy Player.
>>
OP

>>386323609
Guess who initially took the GameCube out of the closet to get a Gameboy setup going :^)
>>
>>386323690
Play in a real gameboy, cuck.
>>
OP

>>386323751
I have an og GameBoy Advance and a GameBoy Advance SP (AGS-001)
>>
>>386323751
The Gameboy player actually has the Gameboy advance hardware in it, which also means full compatibility with the GB, GBC, and GBA library I think.
>>
Haha boner boy
>>
My honest opinion? Component is still king due to homebrew, 240, and GB Player/frameister combo.

That being said, at this stage of the game, for MOST PEOPLE, the cheapest, best, and best feature loaded option would simply be Wii U. For 200 USD straight from NOA, you can get a console that can be turned into a machine that can play over 99 percent of every Nintendo console game ever made other than Switch, plus GB-GBA, and even DS should you do Wii U side homebrew.

GCN on Wii U with original GCN controllers is incredible with HDMI.
>>
File: GPVE01-6.png (1MB, 1464x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GPVE01-6.png
1MB, 1464x1080px
>>386322149
>not emulating for difficult hax
>>
Progressive scan looks like shit on the GCN anyway.

t. person with cables and a GBP collecting dust
>>
>>386318383
Get out of the hoarder meme, it's just a retarded money pit. Put that money into savings or some other hobby.
>>
OP, last time

>>386324417

I've done the WiiU steps you've mentioned as well, I've swung em all! (but HDMI/Component out of GC)

For DS, I'll just use my New 3DS XL.

>>386324574

Haha this was very great thanks for input, it helped me narrow my search :)))

But really, I don't own duplicates of what I own, with the exception being a GameCube since the my old one is very unreliable and has a hard time even starting up games sometimes; thus I got another one.

-----
Alright well I'm out, it's late and I should get some sleep. Go enjoy your vidya, emufags, as well as outdated, ancient, retrofags like myself.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.