[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tired gamer general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 1361169349485.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1361169349485.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I am a young adult, and recently, well for what seems like forever, I have not been intrigued by any game what so ever. Even games that I have logged hundreds of hours into seem so repetitive and boring. I browse the steam marketplace all day and I cannot find a game that suits me. It seems others have this problem and their solution was to take a break, which I have been doing. Nothing is working. I recently spent a bunch of money on a new pc and I feel like its going to waste because of my lack of interest all of a sudden. Now, looking for a game to play feels like a hassle. I remember times where I would spend all day on warcraft, mount & blade, dark souls, terraria, cs:go, and others. and have so many games I'd like to purchase. Perhaps since I am young my gears are shifting to more diverse things? Recently, I have gained interest in biking and other outdoorsy activities, but I really want to have interest in games. But, they have became boring.

TL;DR used to love games, now as my hobbies change, and life i feel like playing games is boring and a chore. Yet, I have a desire to play them. I need a solution.
>>
Yeah you are depressed and nothing will fill the hole. Hope this helps!
>>
>>386315571
Nigga, go outside, try something new, go out and exercise, read some books, play a sport, take up a martial art, just do something that's not gaming, or you just sitting around on your ass all day. If you are always sitting in front of the computer, it starts to get a bit old, doesn't it? Do something productive, and you will then start to appreciate the times where you relax and play vidya. Also, I found that limiting my time on 4chan/ the internet in general helped me out a ton. There's a ton of shit you could do, but I'm no philosopher trying to tell you how to live your life.
>>
>>386316174
yeah, i have been biking, playing baseball, and wiffleball with my friends
>>
>>386316332
Did you try any of the other things that was listed? Listen, if you are feeling bored with gaming, that's fine, but don't sit and complain about being bored when there's a ton of shit to do. I was just like you not that long ago, but when I got more into music, reading, and a whole bunch of other shit, I found that it made games much more enjoyable. If it doesn't make vidya more fun for you, well chances are, you have a new hobby, and you don't need vidya anymore.
>>
>>386316617
I'll give it a try but I am still reluctant about going on a break as I feel like I would miss a game that would eventually pull me back into gaming. But, the point about how it would still be there is valid. I just dont want to discover it 3 years later instead of tomorrow.
>>
>>386315571
>has shit taste in games
>boohoo nothing I play is fun
>>
>>386316738
It doesn't have to be a huge break at all. Try limiting your play time to just the weekends or whatever. If you still feel fatigue, give it a longer break, try again, rinse and repeat. Don't be afraid to miss good games either, they won't go away. Also, if you aren't enjoying a game, don't play it. There is no obligation for you to finish it, it's not like you'll get a blowjob as a reward for completing it.
>>
>>386315571
check if you missed something from older eras
I thought I started to hate JRPGs until I played Dragon Quest and was pleasantly surprised with how simple yet fun it was, or try to go back to the games you enjoyed
>>
File: No opportunities.png (636KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
No opportunities.png
636KB, 600x703px
>>386315571

This is a problem with your brain chemistry not with the games themselves. On the average person this happens due to overstimulation, the solution is stopping the activity and doing something different for awhile.

Make sure that the period of time is suitable, you don't need to engage in a specific hobby to be a functional human. Take your time and return when you felt like you've been distant enough.

If this issue transcends the above then you need to take a closer look as to what else it is affecting in your life and possibly seeking psychological guidance.
>>
File: alienla5.jpg (75KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
alienla5.jpg
75KB, 600x450px
>>386315571

You just need something with a shorter work to reward pay off. Have you tried darkest dungeon?

Alternatively, have you tried any outside leisure/semi-competitive activities? I started up disc golf this summer and have been having a blast.
>>
>>386315571
Oh yes i remember spending every single day from 2000s to 2010 playing warcraft 3 random team and custom games.

take me back to that time senpai
>>
File: 1410786549716.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1410786549716.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386315571
Ignoring the obvious "go outside, find a new hobby" which you should be doing ANYWAY, no matter if you play games or don't, try to explore new genres and games. Most games are shit but some are not. Doesn't matter if new or old. There's so many good shit out there, and you haven't played 1% of it unless you've been grabbing every single release since the late 80s. Ever heard of EYE? Yea of course you did, it's all over /v/. But do you knwo that there are countless more games that are not like any other? Look at this shit for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqHcKjzjJpk
It's not EYE, but it's in the same category of "wtf did I just play" type of game you don't know if you should hate or love.
Or even the fucking classics you've heard about a hundred times but never actually played. The SUPERIOR System Shock 1, autistic Silent Hunter 3, Quake, Soldier of fortune... Pirate a ton of early access sandbox crafting/exploring shit and even if average it will give you a fun hour or two of realizing that this particular vehicle building sandbox allows you to do a thing that no other can, even if the rest of the game is shit. And that amuses you for a hour. That's a whole hour of fun with videogame. WOW!
Try some actually cool indies like Brigador - an isometric mech games with fully destructible environments, cool graphics and it's tough as nails. Factorio, Jazzpunk... There are so many games that don't waste your time. Just replay GTA3 for christ sake. Literally ZERO filler and literally ALL killer. No bullshit money collecting and property buying. No bullshit gang wars, no bullshit sob stories. Fastest vehicle entering animations IN THE 3D SERIES. That's some amazing shit right there.

tl;dr: play better games
>>
>>386320293
maybe it's because when you're older you associate KB + M + PC + Desk + Office chair with work rather than couch + gamepad/
>>
>>386320436
I work a physical labor, so it's cool. I get 6 hours of paid open air workout a day and can play videogames until I go to sleep if I wanted to and not feel any shame.
>>
File: 1428770943483.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1428770943483.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>386320436
That's what I meant by playing better games. I subjectively hate "relaxing" games like Euro Truck Sim, Stardew Valley, Terraria, Animal Crossing. I realize that they're very good games if you're into that, but I hate playing them. On the other hand I love spreadsheet simulators like Victoria II, combat flight/naval sims, shooters, RTS, rpg's, sandbox builders... It may not make sense to you but the main deciding factor is: Do I constantly make unique decisions and actions? If I have to do repetitive clicking/driving/gathering tasks that offer no challenge - it's not for me. Just feels like wasting time. No offence if you enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>386321113
what video game is that
>>
>>386315571
>young adult
>tired gamer

Get fucked kiddo
>>
OP has good taste. Brynhildr is patrician tier
>>
File: 1398839637625 (1).webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1398839637625 (1).webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>386321210
Stalker
>>
File: 1361177381873.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1361177381873.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386321516
I played the first game

>joined the STALKERS and rescued from the raiders
>fight the battle of the scrapyard
>go through the sewers and fight the police and exit the sewers to a russian base where you have to steal documents
>pass the documents to the barkeep

but it never got fun

>>386321440
>>
File: stalker progression.jpg (483KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
stalker progression.jpg
483KB, 986x897px
>>386321742
bar is when it gets fun.
>>
>>386315571
>I browse the steam marketplace all day
this was your first mistake

>I remember times where I would spend all day on warcraft, mount & blade, dark souls, terraria, cs:go, and others
second mistake, you have terrible taste.

you're better off gaming.
>>
>>386316843
>>386322824
>terraria
>bad taste
>>
>>386322824
>those games
>terrible taste
kys

>uses the word gaming
you're an error in life and you should kill yourself
>>
>>386322824
only thing there that's bad is cs:go, and wow if he's talking about anything post BC
>>
>>386315571
>>386321742
anyone got a collection of screenshots like these? i'd rather not have to install skyrim to get the goods.
>>
>>386315571
Every gamer eventually hits this wall.

The only cure is retro gaming. It's all about constraints. You become amazed at what developers were able to accomplish with debilitating limitations and it makes you realized how bloated and pathetic modern games are and how lazy and stupid developers have become.
>>
>>386323912
Sorry to burst your autism bubble.
>>
>>386322651
Holy shit that actually hurts to read.
>>
>get bored of games
>pick up other hobbies
>get bored of those
>suddenly interested in gaming again
>repeat ad infinitum

Just take a break, bro
>>
I finished Nier recently, and enjoyed it, but now I've been browsing the PS Store for days looking for something worth playing. I keep buying things but keep losing interest shortly after starting.

>Persona 4, Nioh, Yakuza Zero, Horizon, Bloodborne, Battlefront
>>
I liked video games more when I had a job and a gf. Now that I'm a neet and play them all day nothing interests me anymore.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.