[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nioh is a very fun videogame.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 14

Nioh is a very fun videogame.
>>
Yea it's my favourite game
Never played it tho
>>
it's very fun until you get to NG+++ where anything kills you in 1 hit
>>
>>386308270
It is.
Too bad the Builds aren't varied enough and there is absolutely nothing to talk about Lore wise.
It is a good game. You just can't find anything to talk about for it.
>>
What's a good spirit for an odachi build?
>>
It's a great action game muddled by number-crunching JRPG mechanics.
>>
Did it sell well?
>>
>>386308841
just make a critical build

bonus points if it's also a farming build
>>
what the fuck
>>
please stop

I want to have a nioh thread
>>
What the fuck is happening in this thread?
>>
>Soulscucks are so buttmad that Nioh exists they have to shit up every thread

I'm crying lads
>>
>>386309050
>lore wise
It's funny you mention that. Is it possible to have a game with lore when it's at least somewhat based on our world?
>>
>>386308270
I love it. The loot system is my only real gripe but it's a pretty big one. The game wants you to spend way too much time in menus.
>>
>>386308270
It is. It should have much more fun but they changed it from the prerelease versions.
>>
>>386310493
They're stretching reality so much they can pretty much do whatever they want, the character that inspired Nioh's character was an Englishman and they even changed him to an Irishman.
>>
Favorite boss?
Nue and the White Tiger were fun as fuck
>>
File: not even banter.png (10KB, 439x474px) Image search: [Google]
not even banter.png
10KB, 439x474px
>>386308841

Agreed with this.

Way of the Wise was a mistake. They should have incorporated the different enemy placement and movesets into the base game to liven it up, and just fucked Way of the Wise off altoghter.

There's no point in having health or armour if everything one-shots you. It's really poor design. It's pretty apparent than aside from stat-bloating enemies, Team Ninja have run out of ideas.
>>
>>386309050
>and there is absolutely nothing to talk about Lore wise.

And by that you mean the game has a proper story and doesn't bury it in a bunch of item descriptions?
>>
>>386310749

White Tiger on Way of the Wise is a fucking nigger who can suck dicks forever.
>>
>>386309050
>builds aren't varied enough

eh

they're pretty variety, especially when you can make retarded shit like stacking paralysis ccd for a ohko build

I honestly thing end endgame is like an autist's playground for experimenting with new builds
>>
>>386310964
ishida is way harder on WotW

I eventually had to cheese him with blinding shells. I couldn't have down it otherwise.
>>
>>386311075

Way of the Wise has added a lot of bullshit. It really wasn't needed. Ethereals are nice and all, but fuck some of the bosses.
>>
>>386311251
endgame gear for WotW is about the same as endgame gear for WotD was in terms of strength

you can stack over 25% damage reduction from set bonuses now, not including the stone damage reduction rolls from heavy armor

or you can stack 3 sets of 4 piece ccd bonuses thanks to ethereals but at the start of WotW it's more brutal than the start of WotD
>>
>>386308270
Cool I don't care.
>>
>>386312287
ok?? ?
>>
I unironically think the areas were spectacular and engaging. Maybe it's because I'm a secret weeb but I enjoyed almost every level and didn't get tired of the game for a month straight.
>>
>>386308270
Indeed it was great and I'm looking forward to a sequel. Done with the second dlc though so I'm going to put it down again until the last dlc. I've got about 200 hours in the game and its definitely been worth it.
>>
>>386310594
You shouldn't be spending a huge amount of time in menus at all since sorting equipment is easy, and the time you spend checking your equipment and deciding what to do with it is pretty cathartic. The loot system is a huge and important part of the game, it gives constant rewards and motivation as well as opening big build potential.
>>386310860
Well, they could always have kept the game the way it was, but since people who didn't know better cried about it, this is what we have now. There's a lot of ways to avoid being one-shot anyway.
>>
>>386312854
same

I've got over 500 hours logged and have almost cleared the base game on WotW
>>
>>386310594
use the filter function

sell yellows and whites
break down blues and purples
check divine weapons and kote, store inheritables and disassemble +0 gear without any good inheritable
if the divine gear is above a + you deem worthy, then store it in storehouse, break it down otherwise

it takes 5 minutes for 300 items, tops
>>
>>386312854
That's because the areas are both spectacularly and engagingly designed, barring the enemy removals. Most complaints about level design are either ridiculous, or confusing level design with world design and are also ridiculous.
>>
>>386310749
Okatsu is probably the most fun human boss
>>
>>386313658
Naomasa was really fun the first few times.
>>
So whats a good build to start WOTW with?
>>
>>386313839
I wrote out a bunch of shit for a tank build before realizing you said WotW and not WotD

for WotW I would say make a critical living weapon farming build with hikoemon ichimonji and hi nezumi, full divine pirate armor and the pirate clan with luck inheritables and accessories with +95 luck during living weapon
>>
File: sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
How much crafting should I do in NG+ before I can make lvl 160s?
>>
>>386314387
>Living weapon builds
I will never get this, it's such boring way to play
>>
>>386314553
WotW is about clearing as fast as possible with as much luck as possible for ethereal drops

critical living weapon is one of the only builds that needs hardly any investment in gear, so you can waste all of your armor on extra luck freely

you're going to get knocked out of living weapon in 1 or 2 hits anyway, so you still have to be careful

it's not mindless mashing
>>
>>386314553
Came late to the game but played the prerelease builds, at what point did they remove the ability to use skills while in Living Weapon? That made using them much more fun, despite being potentially overpowered but it's not like they care about that since they cut the game apart listening to the wrong people.
>>
>>386314793
>at what point did they remove the ability to use skills while in Living Weapon
what are you talking about?

like weapon skills? you can still use them during living weapon
>>
Is there any more to making a Living Weapon Build than just picking Shin-Roku and going at it?
>>
>>386314886
Yeah weapon skills. Last I tried it it didn't let me use them, except for Iai in one situation which was wonky, and I couldn't change stance either. It might have been that I just couldn't use parries, which is another issue in itself, but I'll try it again and report back.
>>
>>386315148
LW counts as mid stance, so you can only use skills in it that work in mid stance

if it's a low or high stance only skill, you can't use it during living weapon

you have to go into skill customization and set the skills you want to be able to use during living weapon

backwave works during living weapon and it's extremely broken
>>
>>386315132
why Shin-Roku?
>>
File: nioh-maria.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nioh-maria.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
So will we fight Maria again in the last DLC? What will happen to her?
>>
>>386315482
He's got A+ Recovery and lasts awhile, last I saw he was the top Spirit to use for Living Weapon builds because of it.
>>
Is a luck-build even worth it for ethereal grinding? It feels like the drop rate is abysmal no matter what, even with full luck stacking.
>>
>>386315394
Ok I tested it again and yeah for some reason parries just don't work, but other skills do. So I'll change my bitching to how parries don't work (except Backwave I guess, I'm not sure how that would be more op unless the timing was made extremely easy), and that you can't change stance anymore. Before release, you were able to change stance and use skills from all stances, and I believe use parry skills as well, so when did that change? Living Weapon Water Sword was glorious.
>>
>>386315132
>>386315670
if you're referring to oroboro's living weapon build, infinite living was nerfed after just about the very first patch of the game so you're about 5 months late

recovery and gauge rate are probably the most important stats for good living weapon

lots of guardians work well for it and earth is kind of a shitty useless element

I use hi nezumi and can easily charge my entire gauge from 2 elemental shots with extraction running

saoirse, suzaku, aya komori, gyokuto, raiken/paired raiken, itokuri, etc are all good for it
>>
>>386315667
she abandons her violent past by throwing her rapier down a well
>>
>>386315958
probably on game release

before it must have just been the original moveset, now its its own moveset with a single stance

backwave is hands down the most broken skill in the game once you get good at it

easiest safest parry and you just end up blocking if you fuck it up
>>
>>386315786
I think so.

I'm probably going to switch to the onmyo set soon though instead of farming constantly.
>>
>>386316009
What's runs best on the most recent patch? I'm finishing Way of the Demon and getting ready for Way of the Wise, I've been using Saoirse and Genbu primarily.
>>
>>386315667
Isn't she supposed to be a historic character or something? If that's the case, then she'll definitely live.
>>
>>386316365
Nah, Maria is an original character. No doubt she's a product of Kou Shibusawa's love of Bloodborne.
>>
>>386316303
gyokuto is probably the best choice for WotW if you can stand the lack of useful stats just because of the luck

But like I said, I've been clearing just fine in full pirate gear with hi-nezumi and I'm now on the final region on WotW. I would be on DLC, but I took a break to farm marobashi.
>>
>>386316451
BB Maria dies though, and William was pretty willing to finish Nioh Maria off last time they fought.
>>
>>386316154
Actually no, it used to have the current Living Weapon movesets in their entirety even including the charge katana slash, the only difference was that you could also change stance, which wouldn't change the main moveset but give you access to all the different skills. In Alpha it was also a bit better balanced because of how Ki worked; overusing actions left you tired rather than just getting hit, and you had to be much more cautious about being knocked out of it.
Yeah Backwave is great for it's safety, it just sounded like there was some additional or stronger use for it during Living Weapon.
>>
>>386316574
BB Maria was already dead to begin with.
>>
>>386315958
You can use reaper for kusarigama in LW. Reaper is an awesome skill but its kind of situational. Same with water sword. The enemy needs to not be hit out of range with the slashes. Its absolutely great for yoki, the stretchy neck yokai, giant skeleton boss, and some others as well.
>>
>>386308270
Sure is. Especially on PC.
>>
>>386316954
Is the joke that this is all the one guy spazzing out when Sony were revealed to be publishing?
>>
>>386316954
What do you get out of shit like this. People are enjoying talking about games and you're just trying to get a reaction out of them. Is this really the best way to be spending your time?
>>
>>386317068
>What do you get out of shit like this
Putting smartass faggots like you in their place.

Thanks for the (You).
>>
>>386317217
Good talk sport. Run along to the next thread now.
>>
>>386316806
Water Sword is high stance only sadly. But of course kusarigama the designated op weapon has it on any stance. That said I prefer Windstorm for more common applications.
>>
>>386308841
You shouldn't be getting hit anymore by that point mate

>>386309181
Muddled how? It's all literally optional, you can beat the game just fine without doing any build crafting

>>386309224
Very well, Koei Tecmo's most successful game and Team Ninja's highest selling as well I believe as well as highest rated.

>>386310594
Learn the basics of Diablo loot games and you'll never be in menus. You don't need to autistically inspect every piece of shot you pick up ever
>>
>>386317693
>Koei Tecmo

I thought Sony published it?
>>
>>386316451
Maria is likely based off of either Maria Pita or Maria of Austria I'd think. Both fit the bill pretty well and were around that era
>>
>>386309224
Yep! A million copies sold in two weeks, making it the highest selling KT title since the merger and Team Ninja's most successful title since Ninja Gaiden '04. And according to KT's financial report last month, it's still selling healthily.
>>
>>386317693
>You shouldn't be getting hit anymore by that point mate

unless you want a tank build, which worked fine in WotD
>>
>>386317837
In certain places yes, both Sony and KT publish it. Meaning NEVER EVER thankfully
>>
>>386317993
NEVER EVER what?
>>
>>386317837
KT published it in Japan, whereas Sony did it internationally. Hayashi said that the decision was made internally that KT didn't have the resources to promote and localize the game to the level that they felt the game deserved, so they approached Sony for help. No doubt owing to Yoshida still being a bit conscientious of what happened with DeS, Sony fronted the money for worldwide publishing and translation into several additional languages.
>>
>>386318037
>goldfacedmansmiling.jpg
>>
>>386318149
Thanks for the info

>>386318173
I don't know what you're implying I thought Sony Published it and I was wrong in Japan.
>>
>>386318273
"never ever" implies that it's not ever getting a PC port.
>>
>>386318396
Oh... I'm literally the OP, I already own the game lol.
>>
>>386318515
Ah, I didn't imply otherwise. Just that I'm glad Sony has their money in it to keep it exclusive.
>>
>>386318149
>No doubt owing to Yoshida still being a bit conscientious of what happened with DeS

I wonder if he still loses any sleep over how he handled that whole shitshow? I mean, yeah, he commissioned Bloodborne and got into bed with KT for Nioh in direct response to it, both of which sold very respectably, but he still did basically piss away the chance to have what would become Dark Souls as a Sony exclusive franchise.
>>
>>386317298
Why run along when I got a little butt flustered pc bitch like you giving me all the (You)s I want?
>>
>>386308270
>yo dawh, i herd you like asia
>>
>>386319267
Nioh's actually my GOTY right now, I just don't get the console war mentality. I hope things get better for you buddy.
>>
>>386319481
Nice (You), thanks. Keep up the damage control kiddo.
>>
>8 billion shit items in inventory
>use the same 2 weapons the whole game and just soul match them
>>
>>386308270
It is, zero replay value though, once you beat it it's boring as fuck, the coop and shit was great, but I just didn't feel like I had shit all to do once I was done.
>>
>>386320119
The combat alone is a joy to play with even in the state it's changed to, and there's plenty to do with that.
>>
>>386317336
Kusarigama isn't op at all. What are you talking about? And yeah I prefer windstorm too for 2kat. Wish they'd let me put water sword on low stance.
>>
>>386320119
Well yeah thats how games work. You run out of content and you can only replay the same missions so many times.
>>
>>386320612
At a completely basic level, it has the speed and crowd control of 2kat, more range than a spear, really solid damage and doesn't leave you any more open compared to other weapons either. It even shares a damage stat with Ninjutsu meaning you have more levels to spend elsewhere or essentially get those skills for free. With all the skills itself it has tons of extra options for mobility and damage as well, though I haven't quite delved into those yet with my own hands. It's like they wanted to make an extreme type of weapon that would have multiple strengths but a significant weakness to balance it, yet they forgot to add said weakness in anywhere.
>>
File: 20170806_075114_HDR~01.jpg (2MB, 3280x1724px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_075114_HDR~01.jpg
2MB, 3280x1724px
Playing it atm. What a coincidence
>>
>>386321441
I main both 2kat and kusarigama and I'd say 2kat is stronger. It's a good weapon but definitely not op.
>>
File: Nioh_20170305202958.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170305202958.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386308270
It is frustrating though and the grinding is shameless at this point desu.

Endgame is pretty boring compared to when you play it fresh the first time. Might be the repeating enemies with inflated healthbars to death, while you partly can't even take one hit or two. This is what i call artificial difficulty. And then having the balls to de-level you when an update hits and your level is too "high" for current players and the old methods you used were somewhat of a workaround/timesaver, bur seemingly not allowed.

I still liked the whole setup very much, the story and accuracy of some characters surprised me with this much fantastical elements added to it.

I'm pretty salty desu desu famalans because i wasted like 9.000K Amrita because i haven't used the right tree branch to exit a level. Haven't touched it in 6 days
>>
who /plat/ here?
>>
>>386312928
>There's a lot of ways to avoid being one-shot anyway.
Parry, Evade or Block?
>>
>>386322067
Platinum'd it pre-DLC, but only at 90-something percent now thanks to the NG++ trophies. I liked Nioh a lot, but not enough to bother doing those.

Great game though, I look forward to the sequel.
>>
>>386314493
I think it starts in Way of Demon to go from 151 to 200 and Way of Wise 200 - ?

But don't ask me, i've pretty much gone hollow/spirit now.
>>
>>386321896
>artificial difficulty
>when William is a million times stronger and faster than every boss in the game
Yes you die quickly, but your options are so vast and the movement is so unrestrictive and responsive that if you die, it's wholly on you. In my opinion I wish the game had even more enemy spam, the combat and movement really shines when you have to deal with multiple threats at once.

>>386322081
Do you need more than those?

>>386322067
Me, was a pretty easy plat though really. Finished up the dlc 2 ones today as well
>>
>>386308270
Radtacular
>>
>>386321876
I've mained 3kat and used much of axe and spear before release, and from what I've used those four felt balanced overall in comparison but kusarigama feels like it blows them all out of the water. 2kat is strong but kusarigama has more than it's main strengths without the limited range or longer recovery time. It's supposed to be bad at breaking guards looking at the stats but in use it's simply not true. I was going to respec and take some time grinding proficiency by doing online missions etc. however so I might do kusarigama first so I can at least be more confident in saying so, but it just seems totally ridiculous even at a glance, and I can't see anything it's even mildly weaker at.
>>386322081
There's also Suzaku, Quick-change scrolls, buffs and debuffs (maybe), Honda clan (maybe), Tokugawa clan and I'm probably forgetting some.
>>386322336
>In my opinion I wish the game had even more enemy spam, the combat and movement really shines when you have to deal with multiple threats at once.
Yeah, that's exactly when it's at it's best. It's a shame then that after the Alpha people complained about it and they removed tons of enemies from multiple locations as well as dropped aggro and pursuit ranges. Countless other changes were made, so as a slight counter I think they actually slightly increased damage on everything, which matters little when the potential for you being hit and comboed is drastically reduced. The game then and the game now is like night and day.
>>
>>386322973
2kat has the god of wind + SotC combo that absolutely wrecks shit. The range on kusarigama is cool and all but it doesn't have a combo as good as this. The one main combo it does have is indeed godly for human enemies though. High stance chain pull with the sickle will combo into foot swipe which will then give you a final blow. Also chain spin is good but its gained a bad rep due to people spamming it in PvP. Its a powerful weapon but not OP. It is good at breaking yokai too.
>>
Why did they make tonfas suck?

Also, when will they put in a weapon that scales with spirit?
>>
File: shrug.png (593KB, 561x489px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
593KB, 561x489px
I liked Nioh more than any of Fromsoft's games and i've been playing since we had to import Demon's Souls from Asia

I wish Sony and Microsoft would make a 30/60fps toggle mandatory for all games, it looked like it belonged on PS3 but at least it ran well
>>
>>386324198
Uh-oh, you'll summon the p.cuck fromdrone defense force by saying things like that.

I love every souls game except 3, and I also love Nioh a lot. Sucks that it doesn't get as much discussion here but that's for the best given that Souls threads have been 100% repugnant shit for ~8 years. Cannot wait to see what Team Ninja does next too, I feel actual excitement that I haven't felt in a while. Also Nioh was definitely really pretty at times too, especially on the Pro. And character models and facial animations are some of the best I've ever seen. Gorgeous cut scenes too
>>
>>386323815
Sure, the God of Wind combo is fairly strong single target damage+break, but it's not much stronger than other options, it only goes in a straight line, requires timing (not much of an issue but it's still there) and leaves you open. Kusarigama has far more safety along with many other ways of doing huge damage. I've seen how dumb the spin is but that other combo would be hugely powerful as well anyway and it's good against yokai too. I'm gonna go more indepth with kusarigama first in my grindan quest (might even catch me wandering if you play online on NG) but I'm not expecting to be surprised unless it turns out even more stupid than I already think it is.
>>386324198
>>386324550
It's disgustingly hilarious and ironic how history played out especially in the past threads in regards to "Soulsfags" and the revisionism.
>>
>>386315667
She will die like a bitch when I shank her with my Katana.
>>
>>386309050
Okay, I've got something.

Why doesn't William turn into a yokai even though he uses a shitload of Amrita?
>>
>>386325198
Dunno, because he is already dead or something and not from Japan.
>>
>>386324836
What revisionism do you mean?

>>386325198
Wirriam is strong white man
>>
>>386324198
I love Nioh, BB, and all the Souls games about equally and I've been playing since the NA release of DeS. Really though, Nioh is a very different game at its core even though there are some noticeable influences from Souls. Both are great in there own ways and I love both combat systems. Feels good to like things and not be part of some made up fanbase war fag fest or whatever.
>>
>>386317693
>You don't need to autistically inspect every piece of shot you pick up ever
Yeah, about that. If you're looking for a CCD+20% inheritable, you have to.
>>
How is the newest DLC?
I got burnt out playing the last DLC. Is the new DLC worth playing/buying?
>>
>>386314387
Why Hi Nezumi and not Daiba Washi?
>>
>>386325396
Much better bosses than the first DLC
>>
Will Nioh become a franchise?
>>
If only Nioh had current gen graphics it would be a 5/5 game.
>>
>>386325489
Is there new enemy types?
Is their concept of difficulty still tossing multiple bosses at you in an area the size of a toilet bowl?
New weapons?
>>
>>386325583
Nah, fuck that. I'd rather play a game that works. Nobody makes both.
>>
>it's another "we tacked on another difficulty level, play our game another time goy while we make another dlc that takes an hour to beat"

after the disappointment of the first dlc I haven't even touched it again
>>
>>386325596
>Is there new enemy types?
Just Ninja Dogs and pretty much a Yokai version of them
>New weapons?
Tonfas, they are fun.
>>
>>386325596
Yes.
I don't get this complaint. Yes, it's bullshit if they do this but it's not like you can't ask others for help too. Not to mention you have a shitload of tools to work with.
Yes, Tonfas are the most fun weapon so far.
>>
>>386325742
>Yes, it's bullshit if they do this but it's not like you can't ask others for help too
I literally can't because I find it cheating which beats the entire point of the mission and cause I don't have PS+
>>
File: 6ueJzeB.jpg?1.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
6ueJzeB.jpg?1.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
Alright dudes, what kind of weapon do you want for the third DLC?

For me it's either scythes (since Ninja Gaiden is the first game to do them right) or staves, although they might be too similar to spears.
>>
>>386325852
This mentality is retarded but I expected that.
It's not cheating. End of story.
If you're deliberately making this harder on yourself, you have no right to complain. And Demon Realm Coop is balanced anyways.
>>
>>386326012
It is not cheating but it is not satisfying to me. What is the point of these stupid ass missions if they keep throwing bosses at you in a small arena. It is fun. It isn't entertaining. Half the time it is just plain RNG that the other boss doesn't do an attack that will stun lock you. Plus I don't have PS+.
>>
>>386326131
Don't play them.
>>
>>386325260
Lemme preface this by saying I'm a huge fan of all the Souls games and Bloodborne, as well as Nioh from the moment I saw it, and that I think any infighting is ultimately pointless. Way back when the Nioh Alpha first released and there were threads about it, many of us loved the game as it was, but even back then there were people who complained about the difficulty and mechanics in ways that obviously showed they just went into it without trying to adapt, use the tools available or play the game itself. A large section of these people were also constantly comparing it to Souls and acting like because it did things differently it was "artificial difficulty" and "badly designed", since they went into it expecting a 1:1 Souls clone that would be beat exactly the same way and promptly got their asses rearranged. You know, the usual /v/ act, pretty similar to how it is now, but it was funny and even spawned a legendary copypasta from someone who is still right to this day, bless his Conqueror soul.
After the first signs of the game being nerfed however, and mainly when the Beta arrived and there was obvious outcry from the badly thought out changes that hurt not only the challenge but the depth of the game, there were many posters that all of a sudden took a highhorse stand, saying only "Soulsfags" care about the changes because it made the game "artificially hard", a challenge isn't fun, etc., which was ironic considering the previous threads.
Nowadays it seems things have gone full-circle which is it's own irony with them making the game even easier since then (you wouldn't believe the sheer number of changes big and small made, ones many don't even realise but play a big part), but those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it and all that.
>>
>>386326365
Well if only the DLC had more missions instead of just 2? main ones and then a shit load of arena boss battles.
>>
>>386317336
It's not that kusarigama is op (1kat is still better), it's just 2kat is a fucking trash, anon. There's no justification for binding one skill slot for two skills while the rest of 2kat moveset has barely any other skills to begin with. Just about every weapon has way more options in what abilities to use in what stance.
>>
>>386324836
The 2kat combo is great because it works on yokai and humans. It really doesn't leave you open for that long either if you get the timing right and charge SotC immediately after god of wind 3. On human enemies it deals large ki damage when they block it and will cause them to go out of breath most of the time. You hit them with SotC instead of going for the grapple and they fall over. Then instead of going for the final blow you SotC them again since these can chain together for even more damage. THEN you still have enough time to go in for a final blow and start the combo over again. You can absolutely destroy human enemies this way and quickly too.

For yokai you discord them or drain their ki normally and then do this combo and get 2 to 3 SotC in before repositioning if needed. Of course you are right that this is better for single targets and kusarigama has better crowd control. I main both kusarigama and 2kat and they're both solid but I never felt that one was OP. Also chain pulls and foot swipes don't work on yokai and are mainly for humans. As for safety, I actually feel safest in low stance 2kat because it has a skill that automatically dodges attack during recovery frames basically giving you a large dodge window.
>>
>>386326375
>because it did things differently it was "artificial difficulty" and "badly designed"
The funny thing about this is that the Souls games are the ones that do this and Nioh is the one with great design. Every single Nioh boss blows Souls shit out of the water. There is no Souls boss that comes even close to Mitsunari. Not to mention there was much more thought put into every area and even the small sidequest areas.

They actually put a lot of thought and effort into making a good game as opposed to whatever the fuck From Software is doing.
>>
>>386326619
>Also chain pulls and foot swipes don't work on yokai
chain pulls allows you to quickly get in, which is very useful for many situations
>>
>>386325296
And to do that it takes 10 seconds to skim through a full inventory of shit. Not minutes

>>386325540
In one way or another probably, it's not likely to get a direct sequel or anything. But "spiritual successors" will happen for sure

>>386325583
Graphics look just fine. What exactly do you want from it?

>>386325902
Ah, yeah I knew about all of that. Just wasn't sure what you meant. And honestly I don't think most of the changes made were negative, yes it got slightly easier from the alpha, but oh well. Still plays very nicely and still stands very well on its own as an incredible action game. Funny though that people will say Souls games are hard though, what with the AI being worse than gen 1 monster hunter and having easy access to overpowered shit
>>
>>386326848
Last quote meant for
>>386326375
>>
>>386326848
>And to do that it takes 10 seconds to skim through a full inventory of shit. Not minutes
Yes. I didn't say otherwise, this was the only reply I posted to you. It's still a bit tedious.
>>
>>386326610
2kat has everything it needs. Its not about the quantity of skills a weapon has. The only thing it lacks is crowd control sine its a better one vs one weapon. It has a good parry though when you're against a group of humans. It is lame that there's no low stance skill slot but its not a huge deal.
>>
>>386326824
Well yeah but my point was that they're better for humans. Also the ol foot swipe combo certainly doesn't work on yokai.
>>
>>386326610
I don't really see what 1kat does better than kusarigama, but maybe I'll find out. It actually does the jack of all trades thing properly, it's range isn't spectacular outside of some specific moves and it's only extreme damage comes from Iai chains which take a while for each one to fully charge and isn't always possible.
2kat is great though, it's moveset is overall quick and damaging, while they could have put one of the high stance skills elsewhere, both of them are very strong at what they do, as are all of it's other skills. It doesn't have much range but you can mitigate that with proper spacing.
>>386326619
It depends on how many opponents you're against, because it doesn't move you very far during the whole sequence. I was one of the forerunners of the combo way back when and God of Wind itself is absolutely one of if not 2kat's strongest asset, but it's a fairly linear one. Some of kusarigama's tricks do only work on humans, but it doesn't stop it's huge range, mobility and insane back damage/element application, another thing it's as good at as the "best" one in 2kat, or maybe it's even better.
>>386326762
I won't argue for one or the other since I'd hate for the thread to go south, but the enemy design in Nioh is undeniably superb, even with that unshakable knowledge of the entire game being originally designed around a different set of mechanics.
>>386326848
To be honest I can count the positive changes made from the Alpha to retail on one hand, and many changes for the worse don't really have much to do with difficulty. Just a shame "good enough" is all it takes nowadays.
>>
>>386327857
>I don't really see what 1kat does better than kusarigama
ENORMOUS damage from behind, ability to chain infinite amount of light low stance moves, enormous damage via night rain, best parry in the entire game that allows to cheese humanoids on any difficulty, aoe ki drain
it's a beast against both humans and yokai and generally has probably the best moveset in the entire game
>>
>>386327857
It's not, "good enough". It's just "good".
>>
>>386326961
10 seconds of productive menuing is tedious? That word really is getting overused.
>>386327075
Actually I'd say crowd control is one of 2kat's strengths. It's longer strings, skills and dodges are perfect for moving between enemies and keeping them at bay.
>>
Did the DLC add any new songs?

What do I search for to get similar music to this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G1688G-KKY& Does anyone know what instrument is playing at the start? It sounds great
>>
>>386328173
Yukimura has a unique boss theme, but that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ln8ttlL5g
>>
>>386327857
While low stance kusarigama quick attacks are also very good at applying status debuffs, I still feel 2kat is the king at this and is built for elemental damage and discord. The low stance quick slashes leave you a little less open in my opinion than the kusarigamas chain spinning. Though really its not a huge difference and I'm probably just imagining it. 2kat also has that dodge I mentioned too which I think gives it an edge when you're trying to quickly stack an element for the debuff.
>>
>>386328260
>we STILL did not get Moth Man Girl in this DLC
I hope we will get it in the last one then, similar to Octopus Grandpa in this one.
>>
File: LU4a1qfbz1so1_500[1].gif (1015KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
LU4a1qfbz1so1_500[1].gif
1015KB, 500x533px
What's the verdict on the Nioh DLC?

Any good?
>>
>>386328492
First one's really good. Second one feels a bit phoned in, honestly.
>>
>>386328492
Its more content and they're both good. They're short but I never expected them to be long so I'm happy with what I paid for.
>>
>>386328005
Kusarigama can do huge damage from behind as well. Having an infinite string isn't really as great or useful as it sounds, though Night Rain can do a ton of damage if you can set it up, but it can depend on a few factors. The parries are strong but not really much stronger than 2kat's The Shrike. I haven't tried kusarigama's parry yet though (because I'm spending my time in this darn thread instead of resetting my levels), and Sword Ki is ok but doesn't drain all that much Ki for how long it takes.
>>386328137
Yeah, it's "good" when it could have been truly unique and special had it stuck to it's true vision. But I still love the game anyway and it's unique and special to me despite hating how it turned out. It's complicated.
>>386328414
It's probably even overall really, kusarigama's got more hits to it per string and the range of the other stances can help close it out too, but 2kat's ends faster. But considering it's that close when it has all it's other strengths too makes it look insane.
>>
Any word on when the third DLC releases? Are there going to be any more after that one?
>>
>>386328917
Its the last one. Probably end of October or beginning of November.
>>
>>386328917
Nah, just the three.

Yasuda said to Dengeki that William's story is gonna be wrapped up with the last DLC pack, so any more games in the Nioh franchise will either be prequels, or centred around other notable Sengoku figures.
>>
>>386328829
>Kusarigama can do huge damage from behind as well
it doesn't have a designated mystic art skyrocketing its damage from behind, anon
>>
File: Francis_400x400.png (263KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Francis_400x400.png
263KB, 400x400px
>>386329016
I really really really hope they drop the warring states shit.
So fucking overdone and so fucking boring yet japs fap hard to it because it's the only part of their history that is even remotely eventful. The japs boner for Nogunaga as some kind of god is tiring as fuck.

If they want it to take place in japan have it scaled down and focus on an original story.
>>
>>386329073
Maybe not but the moveset still compliments it well and oftentimes they don't even need to reach you, plus sharing a stat with Ninjutsu makes using that for it a bit more cost effective Amrita-wise.
>>
>>386329146
Sequel set during Meiji Restoration when?
William is immortal so he will survive up to that point.
>>
>>386329146
It's the only thing they can do remotely accurate. I'd love another game of this franchise to be set in Ancient Greece, with an Athens vs Sparta setting but they could never get it right.
>>
>>386329556
Doing non-Japanese things in non-Japanese places? Never.
>>
Havent beaten the main story yet but i got some questions about the DLCs since i bought the Season pass during the sale.
How many bosses are there in them and can you get Odachi and Tonfas during the main game?
>>
>>386330235
I'm not sure how many bosses there are but I've heard you can both find them and choose them as your main weapons.
>>
i can't get the achivement where you have to make 60 requests to the blacklist but i have already forged more than 60 weapons
>>
>>386332083
The requests refer to the bonuses you can select after you've spent X amount of money on services there.

The money required is crazy high, so you'll probably have to farm Request for Ginchiyo in NG+ for a few hours.
>>
>>386332161
oh thanks, it's gonna take some time
>>
Just picked up the game start of the week, I'm up to the giant toad, how far in am I?
>>
>>386332693
A little over halfway, excluding the DLC.
>>
My red demon katana build isn't working anymore for way of the demon.

What is a good build to curbstomp that shitty difficulty?
>>
>>386332728
Cheers, gonna pick up the season pass while it's on sale to carry on after
>>
>>386328492
A bit underwhelming to be honest. The new bosses aren't very creative as they keep throwing human after human at you, and they already started recycling enemies in the second DLC. The Namahage should have stayed exclusive to the first DLC, and the second DLC have their own unique yokai. But I guess they lack in ideas, severely.

Basically they lack originality. The new weapon types are a really good addition though.
>>
File: FinalStand.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
FinalStand.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>
File: spear.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
spear.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>386333547
spear is way more spectacular for crowd control
>>
>>386312854

None of the levels ever get as bad as certain levels in Souls games, but they had serious problems with flow. The levels feel like they were designed more as inhabited areas first, with roadblocks and checkpoints peppered in to funnel the player through, so you end up getting lost in quite a few of the levels because it's dark and everything has the same aesthetic. The best example of this is probably Mitsunari's Castle.
>>
>>386332998
I can really feel they're on a tight budget, hopefully they don't skimp out on the last DLC.
>>
>>386316451
I'm pretty sure it is this Maria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_of_Austria,_Holy_Roman_Empress
>>
>>386333547
Now that's a blast from the past.
The end reminds me that they changed the 1kat sheathing animation so that it always does the spin when bloody, when before that was specifically for the Ki Pulse quicksheathe. It completely ruins the point and cool factor of the unique animation for absolutely no reason, and even removes effort from the game. There really is nothing left pure and unscathed.
>>386333845
Actually I've found it perfect in that regard. The levels are filled with visual landmarks that stand out while still fitting the setting, and it manages to make you feel like you're lost and exploring a sprawling dangerous area without actually making you lost at all, which makes the points that connect all the more satisfying. The areas that used to have traps or more enemies are extremely obvious though.
>>
>>386328492

They're both pretty anemic, but the second one is worse because levels aren't as interesting and the tonfas feel kinda shit to use. Slow running attack, demon dance recovery, and no ki flux makes it feel even stiffer than the odachi, and we didn't really need another dexterity scaling weapon when magic and spirit still have nothing.
>>
>>386334246
Couldn't you just put spirit/magic scaling on any weapon with the forging?
>>
>>386335248

You could, but scaling traits don't override the inherent scaling stats as far as I'm aware, so Kusarigama gets B+ scaling from dexterity on top of the A scaling trait that you put on it. Onmyo magic also feels much weaker than ninjutsu overall, and it's even worse in WotW where certain enemies can remove all of your buffs in one hit.
>>
>>386334246
I think the last weapon might be one of those ringed staves as a Magic scaling weapon because of that.
>>
>>386333547
>>386334003
i wonder what happened to that webm shitposter
it was really funny to see so many people get butt blasted because of him
>>
>>386324881
Implying they'd let you.
>>
>>386336005
I assume he's still around. Maybe he's even here now.
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.