[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made Team Fortress 2 so much more fun than Overwatch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 541
Thread images: 117

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
What made Team Fortress 2 so much more fun than Overwatch?
>>
didn't fall for the diversity meme
>>
TF2 is shit, TFC was the only good game in the series. The source engine is fucking garbage.
>inb4 quake retards
Original one was shit too.
>>
Fun and casual gameplay
>>
>>386306145

MOVEMENT MECHANICS
O
V
E
M
E
N
T
>>
File: nicejob2.png (162KB, 289x407px) Image search: [Google]
nicejob2.png
162KB, 289x407px
more gamemodes and the customization of loadouts (and by this i mean being encouraged to try other weapons than the stock and get good at those)

i guess there also isn't a "press Q to die" button that comes into play as often
>>
it was (was) an actual completed product with high quality map designs and carefully balanced classes with the ability to add custom content and servers
>>
lots of factors
>healing is reduced by damage which makes pockets actually killable and pushes to be made through raw damage instead of just picks
>health pools aren't incredibly insane
>most classes have a decently high skill cap and there is no such thing as a hard counter allowing you to carry a whole team if you are good enough
>>
>>386307149
oh yea and the maps aren't made by toddlers
Who the FUCK though it was a good idea to have a flanking route AFTER the choke point
fucking morons
>>
>>386307149
pretty sure sniper hard counters the fuck out of heavy
>>
>>386307304
sniper is the only class in the game I would say that needs more than one class to take on effectively
even an engie nest can be killed by a single demo
depends on the map mostly though
>>
>>386307239
Its not the attackers flank route.
Terrible design philosophy but they decided attackers have to be funneled.
>>
The colour palette in tf2 isn't an over saturated mess for starters.
>>
>>386306145
Playerbase isn't obsessed with opening loot crates which are more easily obtained by winning

People only want to win because they have a gambling problem. It's the same problem LoL has.
>>
File: cathy.jpg (49KB, 943x646px) Image search: [Google]
cathy.jpg
49KB, 943x646px
>>386306285
>black disabled man
>twink gayboy
>australian
>a lesbian(pryo)
>manbaby retard
>no diversity
>>
Dedicated servers with custom content and rulesets

Overwatch is fun, but you can only play Temple of Anubis so many times before you want to kill yourself. In TF2 I could at least pop into a MARIO_KART or surf server or something to fuck around a bit if I ever got bored with the vanilla game
>>
>>386306145
One word: Moddability.

Overwatch is so limited with game modes and maps. The new server browser kinda adds a little more flavor to game modes, but it's still strictly adjusting to already existing game mechanics.
>>
>>386306145
Yes we get it tf2 is better than ow now can you fags stop
>>
>>386306145
Higher skill ceiling.
More content.
Better design all around.
>>386306285
This too.
>>386306326
>being a contrarian
>>
>>386307304
>pretty sure sniper hard counters the fuck out of heavy
You don't understand the definition of "hard counter" if you think that.
Heavy can kill Sniper if he is more skilled or lucky, therefore Sniper is not Heavy's hard counter.

A hard counter is a strategy that totally shuts down another strategy (Scissors>paper).
A soft counter is a strategy that has an advantage against another strategy in an equal skill level (Pyro>Spy).
>>
>>386306145
You were younger and less jaded.
>>
>>386306145
Dedicated servers with high player counts and many regulars.
You arent just playing with a random team of matchmaking, you are playing with friends you play daily
The maps are better, there are a bunch of custom maps and a shitload of fun potential
OW went too hard for the "competitive e-sport" side of things.
Funny thing that the only game that ever competed with Valve's games on the customization and creativity of user made content was Warcraft 3. You would think blizz knew better, but they didnt.
>>
>>386308084
i know you're pretending to be retarded, but some people might believe you
>>>>>twink gayboy
Scout does nothing but hit on women in his downtime?
>manbaby retard
Heavy has a Russian literature doctorate, it's just that English is his second language
>>
>>386306145
the fact that it came out 10 years ago before any such thing even existed
>>
>>386308298

True story, In my 3000 hours of TF2 all of it was spent on one map - 2fort.

I cant even stomach OW for more than 30 minutes at a time.
>>
File: Bobby_kotick-jew.jpg (30KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_kotick-jew.jpg
30KB, 300x260px
>>386311570
>Funny thing that the only game that ever competed with Valve's games on the customization and creativity of user made content was Warcraft 3. You would think blizz knew better, but they didnt.
That was old, good Blizzard before the Activision takeover, as opposed to Nu-Blizzard.

Everything made by Blizzard prior to the Activision takeover was golden. Then it all fell to shit once Bobby "we want to take the fun out of making video games" Kotick took the reins.
>>
>>386311585
>pretending to be retarded
Is that what you think jokes are?
>>
>>386311585
Scout is deficient in testosterone
>>
tf2 (in its prime) was a game that had a strong core game surrounded by a cozy and creative community.
>>
>>386311680
>2fort
I know it has its upsides, but why limit yourself to one map for so long?
>>
>>386311818

I dont know. I liked how small it was, i think. The fighting almost never stopped on 2fort.

Plus, once I played it enough I good enough at it that I just liked it. I didnt really limit myself, I just never felt the need to leave it.

A testament to the perfectly designed gameplay, I guess.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (32KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
32KB, 335x352px
>>386311778
still is though
The community is still extremely creative, and there are definitely still comfy community servers out there

TF2's at its lowest point right now since it's the longest wait we've ever had for a major update, but you should see how it'll go off if the update releases and is good
>>
>>386311725
Feels like the same thing happened to enix with the square enix merger
>>
>>386312027
>the perfectly designed gameplay
Ehh as much as I love TF2, the class balance has some deficiencies, and the map balance of 2fort is horrible. It's too cramped for a good player to show off their rocket jumping/dodging skill.

I'd like to see Valve do a rework to 2fort like they did with Nuke to make it a bit less cramped, while still maintaining that "close mid fighting" deal.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_00001.jpg (104KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_00001.jpg
104KB, 1600x900px
>>386306404
>he saved my shitty meme
Love ya anon
>>
>>386312085
Absolutely, it's these fucking fatcat crypto Jews ruining everything in the industry with their greed for gold
>>
TF2 is fun even if you don't win.
There's a reason why 2fort and Hightower ended up as deathmatch maps and some people would go "don't cap" in koth. These instances wouldn't happen in Overwatch.
I'd also argue that Overwatch doesn't let you freely change classes due to the ultimate mechanics where it charges up over the course of multiple lives. In TF2, you lose your uber when you die, so you can change at will without thinking that it's a waste of your time to do so.
>>
File: cp steel beautiful.png (1MB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
cp steel beautiful.png
1MB, 1600x1190px
While we're o the topic of map design, post your favourite maps, niggers.

My favourite is cp_"insanely fuckable" Steel
>>
>>386312083
>TF2's at its lowest point right now since it's the longest wait we've ever had for a major update

That and the MM update kinda sucked imo. I used to play Tf2 all the time, but the matchmaking update rubbed me the wrong way and I slowed down.
>>
File: skillz.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
skillz.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>
12 v 12 with 9 characters, 0 bad choices.
vs
6 v 6 with 25 characters, 18 or so bad choices.
>>
>>386306145
Nothing, it's not more fun anymore, so bloated by terrible cosmetics and ruined weapons, Overwatch is a breath of fresh air.

Now launch TF2? Simplicity.
>>
File: HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.jpg (26KB, 320x282px) Image search: [Google]
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.jpg
26KB, 320x282px
>>386312459
Valve made the single biggest mistake they ever made when they chose to develop the Casual system (which nobody asked for) and replace Quickplay/the Valve server browser with it.

They should have spent that time actually working on the fucking competitive mode they promised the community, rather than casual/server browser when quickplay already worked perfectly.

Whoever came up with that idea should be scolded. Especially the dumb shit where you got penalized for leaving a CASUAL PUB GAME.

At least most of the mistakes they made are fixed since then, but we're still missing autobalance, spectate, team scramble, and joining directly into your friends' games.
>>
File: 1501811207018.png (131KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501811207018.png
131KB, 480x480px
>playing spy
>turbine
>ruining some razorback sniper's day with basic bitch revolver
>decide to fuck with him without outright killing him
>he can never find me
>this goes on for a few minutes
>he switches to spectate
>then switches back
>>
File: laffin.jpg (409KB, 1157x772px) Image search: [Google]
laffin.jpg
409KB, 1157x772px
>>386312545
okay I wasn't expecting it this time
>>
>>386312665
>and ruined weapons
???
>simplicity
Simplicity doesn't keep a game going for 9 years.
Simplicity is code word for "quickly becomes boring because you've seen it all before".
>>
This game is mad comfy. You can really just sit back and relax cuz matches be like what 15-20 minutes?

Matches on overwatch be 4-8 minutes and its not comfy at all
>>
>>386312697
>>he switches to spectate
spectate got removed though?
>>
>>386312545
Like clockwork.
>>
>>386312912
this was a while ago, he did kill me but I was laughing too hard to care
>>
>>386312836
They introduced a small pool of fun new weapons, then introduced more and more and started fucking with their stats until most of them were either boring sidegrades or completely useless.

I want my Baby Face Blaster back.

I got into TF2 during the Australian Christmas update, that was the golden age for me, played the fuck out of it. I don't have that kind of fun anymore, I want something more modern, and Overwatch does that for me.
>>
>>386311748
>Runs super fucking fast
>Able to fuck any chick, cause he is literally gods gift to woman
>Knows his abilities well, so well in fact he can double jump
>Low testosterone
>>
File: comf.png (40KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
comf.png
40KB, 362x362px
>>386312545
u fukin got me mate
>>
>>386307813
Tf2 makes you buy keys to open crates with randomized loot and you need to buy weapons.

Overwatch gives you crates just by playing and it's all cosméticos stuff. How is that worse?
>>
>>386312195
>rocket jumping/dodging skill.
Honestly TF2 isnt a rocket jumping game, and i doubt that when they designed it they had more than 1 bounce in mind.
Rocket Jumping working the way it does now is one of the biggest reasons why soldier is grossly overpowered. But nerfing him would create massive butthurt and kill the game. He honestly should have as much HP as a scout, given his mobility (less self inflicted damage, tho)
>>
>>386313007
Oh? You want BFB back?

Well fuck you.

I want the caber back more than anything. It's not fair.
>>
>>386313160
Cosmetic* yay spic keyboard.
>>
>>386313195
That nerf baffled the fuck out of me when I came back, just, fucking why? It's such a dumb weapon, a troll weapon, it was completely harmless and non viable.

At least the Blaster was understandably kinda broken.
>>
File: 1489575619645.jpg (27KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1489575619645.jpg
27KB, 350x335px
>>386313050
>can literally fuck any chick
>every woman hes been with is a slut and thats shown with the "Fried chicken tramp"
>Has to take dating lessions from spy to get his dream girl because hes a fucking asshole 98% of the time shes watching so shes not interested in him
>God's gift to woman
what a fucking joke
>>
File: 1499220145064.jpg (1MB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1499220145064.jpg
1MB, 900x1350px
>>386306145
-Better maps in general
-Movement doesn't feel too sluggish even on characters like Heavy
-Better sound effects
-Characters are more memorable
-Each classes ain't too shy on taunting each other
-The ability to make custom maps
-More control in terms of making a server

I can't compare the two in terms of gameplay that much since TF2 is class based while OW is heroes based
>>
>>386306145
no gays
>>
>>386313403
>IS HE FROM NEW ZELAND
christ it was foreshadowed years in advance
>>
>>386313007
>then introduced more and more and started fucking with their stats until most of them were either boring sidegrades or completely useless
That's wrong, I want you to give me specific examples.
>BFB
while I agree that they nerfed it too hard and it's UP now, it's nowhere near completely useless either. It's only slightly worse than stock.
>more modern
What? Is this code for saying "I like casualized games and have shit taste"?

What does "more modern" actually mean in this context? Video games aren't cars, the only objective advancement in games over time is graphical fidelity.
Tetris is from decades ago and yet it still has a better gameplay loop than many AAA games. Just like TF2 still has a far better skill ceiling, amount of content, and better general design than Overshit.
>>
>>386313160
>and you need to buy weapons
No you don't dumbass, you get them as a drop "just by playing". How about you play the game you're criticizing before you fucking talk?
>>
>>386313653
>Replying to a phone posting spic
Just ignore the single digit IQ retard.
>>
>>386306145
biggest reasons
1. 12v12 instead of 6v6
2. player-controlled servers
>>
Playerbase.
TF2 was filled with decent and respectable people before free to play happened.
Overwatch was Blizzdrones, esports autists, and waifufags from day 1.
>>
1.The community servers are great and have made some great things like modded gamemodes and things like that.
2.The trading system, you can make some money from it and you don't have to pay full price for everything, not only that, but you can choose to get the exact item you want.
3.It's fun, Overwatch takes itself too seriously for my taste.
>>
File: On the subject of your thoughts.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
On the subject of your thoughts.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>386313350
>it was completely harmless and non viable
No it wasn't you absolute retard.
Who the fuck thinks a weapon that can kill 4/9 classes in a single hit is "completely harmless and non viable"?

A sticky jumper demo could put 2 stickies on the ground, fly into the enemy Medic at Mach 8, and kill him in two hits and there was nothing the Medic could do.

The only reason it wasn't ran in comp play was because they banned it. And before the nerf it was Demo's most used melee in pubs. How the fuck is that "non viable"?

Don't post retarded opinions like "XD CABER WAS COMPLETELY HARMLESS" ever again, thanks. It offends me to think I share /v/ with people this stupid.
>>
File: 261651651.jpg (52KB, 448x419px) Image search: [Google]
261651651.jpg
52KB, 448x419px
>People still believe pyro is a girl.
>>
>>386313160
Get the fuck out of here wetback.
>>
>>386311725
>before the Activision takeover
It wasn't a takeover, it's a partnership. It's called Activision Blizzard, not Activision's Blizzard.
>>
File: pyropointed.jpg (89KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
pyropointed.jpg
89KB, 637x358px
>>386313915
this is clearly a vagina anon
>>
>>386313517
that's fanart iirc
>>
Fundamentally different and superior gameplay. Overwatches gameplay is overdesigned/overconstructed, very restricted to the massed-team-fight mold. The level of 'rock-paper-scissors' hard-countering and general goofiness of the character ability sets and stats severely limits the ability of high-skill or experienced players to genuinely 'outplay' others.

The one thing Overwatch did so right, was really just recognizing and avoiding TF2s one fatal gameplay error - weapon loadouts vs singular class/characters with absolutely definite abilities/stats. Valve didn't go this way because they valued the brilliant characters they'd developed too much, but it is much better for the gameplay, at the meta levels as well (much better for the player experience to not have to worry about getting weapons to unlock gameplay).
>>
>>386311725
seriously, how do you go from one of the most heavily modded and moddable games ever, to a game that doesnt even allow custom servers? Even sc2 was better than this shit, though sc2 was also 7 fucking years ago. The game industries in a rut, and I think the only cures a good crash.
>>
>>386313986
I get what you mean, and I used the incorrect terminology, but it is, functionally, Activision's Blizzard. Bobby Kotick, who prior to the takeover headed Activision, now runs the whole operation as CEO. Most of Blizzard's original creative staff has also quit or been laid off or retired.
>>
File: pyro.png (105KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
pyro.png
105KB, 250x210px
>>386313915
>People still believe pyro isnt a genderless alien here to slowly spread deadly air changing spores that can only be activated when he plunges the world into a hellfire terraforming the planet for his people to colonize
>>
>>386313653
I played tf2 for 1300 hours, that doesnt change the fact that overwatch is more generous with drops.

Don't you think the whole tf2, csgo and dota crate/key system would be worse for a gambling addict? You can even sell or buy them for real money.

I enjoyed tf2 but after that many hours it gets boring, and you have to trade if you want an specific weapon without depending on rng, it's easy to do but still.

>>386313772
You're the retard ignoring a valid point and recurring to ad hominem insults.
>>
>>386314262
>1300 hours
Fucking casual faggot.Your opinions are now invalidated.
>>
>>386313832
Also, I forgot to mention that you can change your loadout and play the way you want to.
>>
map design
>>
>>386313374
>Has to take dating lessions from spy
This is normal father and son bonding
>>
>>386314340
Lol k.
>>
>>386314220
>People still believe pyro isnt two(2) kids standing one over the other
>>
File: Worried Laughter.gif (413KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
Worried Laughter.gif
413KB, 300x166px
>>386314220
>>
File: 2246392-scorchshot.png (45KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
2246392-scorchshot.png
45KB, 320x180px
>>386314097
>seriously, how do you go from one of the most heavily modded and moddable games ever, to a game that doesnt even allow custom servers?

It's all the fault of the man I posted, Bobby Kotick. He's enormously greedy for money (when told that his company made a record profit, his first response to everyone in the room was that games should cost more money), and gamers being able to make their own content without paying for it would go against his Jewish nature.

You see, the enormously popular mod Dota came out of WC3's map editor. Icefrog actually approached Blizzard to get them to hire him to make a Dota game, but Bobby Kotick knocked him back. So Icefrog went to Valve instead, who funded him, and that's how Dota 2 was taken from under Blizzard's Jewish nose. Blizzard were fucking furious about it, sued, and lost the case on everything but the name, and thus they missed out on the MOBA train and had to make the inferior Heroes of the Storm.

And that's why Activision-Blizzard no longer encourages or allows modding of their games, in case somebody has some fun that they can't charge them for.
>>
>>386314262
>that doesnt change the fact that overwatch is more generous with drops.
Hey, you stupid spic, for a start I don't give much of a fuck about cosmetics.
Overwatch isn't """"generous"""", you pay at least 40 fucking clapdollars for the privilege of playing.

TF2 gives you 10 weapons per week. That's contrary to the lie you told where you said that it makes you buy weapons. Stop lying to us and go do some menial work, you lazy spic.
>>
File: 1501706724892.png (384KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501706724892.png
384KB, 488x600px
In all seriousness Tf2 is just a party game and there is hardly any teamwork going on whatsoever in games. While Overwatch focuses heavily on team plays but does not tolerating any goofing around. So saying which game is better all depends on your value's of fun.
Tl;dr: Stop comparing them
>>
File: git gud u shitter.jpg (45KB, 363x381px) Image search: [Google]
git gud u shitter.jpg
45KB, 363x381px
>>386313165
>and i doubt that when they designed it they had more than 1 bounce in mind.
yeah because explosive jumping and physics abuse wasn't a massive part of tfc or anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_qqFQF2p4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI840bR3HYc
go back to r/tf2 shitter
>>
>>386306145
A lot of stuff.

OW adopts a lot of MOBA/MMO tropes which incentivize team coordination at the expense of rewarding individual player skill.

Every character has match ups they're nearly helpless in. It's much harder to pub stomp when DVA or Winston can get in your face and put you in a situation where it's almost impossible for you to win the DPS race. Big health pools, cool downs on abilities, and hard counters make the game much more dependent on working with your team to produce favorable situations rather than playing really well individually.

Better maps.

It's easier to find laid back matches with player counts big enough that there's little pressure. Matches are longer and you rarely feel as helpless for reasons mentioned above.

TF2 writing is good, OW writing is bland pedestrian garbage.
>>
>>386313403
Agreed, Overwatch is a reflection of modern trends, a diverse MOBA roster combined with the TF2 formula.
It's like comparing Doom and Halo.

>>386313563
It's been ages since I played much, so a lot of it has left me, but off the top of my head the Degreaser and Axtinguisher were given a hard pass. I could go through the weapons one by one to see what I remember right or wrong but I'm honestly too lazy.

The Baby Face Blaster feels like too much risk for too little reward, it's only consistently useful if you are extremely good at dodging most damage, the drain on hit is just too damn high.

More modern, as in a game that takes the TF2 formula and does something fresh with it, like Siege does with Counter Strike. They both appeal to me for the same reasons, they feel smoother, look better, take a MOBA like roster and focus as much on smart ability usage as gunplay.

Sure, they're a little casualised, I'm not and have never been a hardcore competitive player, when it comes to shooters I want something that rewards skill, without being overly punishing if I'm not at my best.

I don't have the skill or patience for Counter Strike, but Siege? It's a slower game where teamwork feels more essential, Overwatch is the same, you're never expected and rarely encouraged to go on a solo streak, you're usually punished for it, and I like that, teamwork feels rewarding when it works.

So I guess it boils down to "I like the modern trend of less hardcore titles.", even a middling player can contribute in Siege and Overwatch, when they'll just get demolished in Counter Strike, or barely do much in TF2.
>>
>>386314901
>tf2
>writing

It's been a while since I played, there's a story besides meet the [insert class here] videos?
>>
File: you_are_wrong.jpg (37KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_wrong.jpg
37KB, 600x480px
>>386314762
>and there is hardly any teamwork going on whatsoever in games
wrong
https://youtu.be/xO-8skO6Ir0?t=561

Besides, calling TF2 a "party game" is dumb. When have you ever seen someone playing TF2 at a party?
>>
>>386314756
Lol I'm lazy and yet you complain that you have to pay for a game, what you said doesn't negate what I wrote un my previous post though.
>>
The answer is player-made maps for TF2. OW can't ever compete with that.
>>
>>386313165
>Honestly TF2 isnt a rocket jumping game
That's rubbish. Their entire promotion of Soldier was rocket jumping.
https://youtu.be/a7ozG-YNLNg?t=181

Also you neglected to mention dodging.
>>
>>386315049
There are really good comics, actually. The comics are probably better than the game.
>>
>>386315049
theres a huge comic strip valve has been making over the years. the game and the comic have parted ways in terms of canonicity such as the heavy being a big loud dumb brute in game while actually being a quiet and reserved phd weilding russian mercenary.
>>
>>386314756
>TF2 gives you 10 weapons per week
actually you can even get -rare drops- in tf2, some items can be worth 100s of dollars and those can only happen in drops.

items like collector's chemistry sets, very rare, hugely expensive but you can only get them in a random drop.

I'd also like to add that since overwatch's cosmetics ARE NOT TRADABLE they are worthless to other players.
where tf2's cosmetics are tradable and have actual value, if you can't trade/sell it, it's worthless.

also as far as i know, you need a separate account to play on consoles with overwatch, so you'll have to buy the items twice to get them, on the other hand tf2 on console is in the same state as it was back in 2007.

overwatches cosmetics should just have been an one time purchase for the skins you'd want and not crates.
>>
>>386315097
I'm not complaining, you dumb fuck, I'm correcting your lie. You SAID >>386313160 "you get crate drops just by playing Overwatch, but you have to buy weapons in TF2"

Which is FACTUALLY incorrect for either one or the other, no matter which way you spin the wording. Try and keep your lie straight, you filthy fucking flabby bean eater.
>>
>>386315246
>parted ways in terms of canonicit
not true.

>heavy being a big loud dumb brute
a mann can have fun and be smart at the same time. again you're wrong.

>quiet and reserved
he isn't during fights.
>>
>>386311439
If you need luck to not get fucked up by another class then that means they probably hard counter you.
>>
File: 20170410171322_1.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170410171322_1.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
post deathcams
>>
>>386315112
Yea, Overwatch can't compete with Snowplow.
>>
>>386315370
I said that you need to trade to get an specific weapon if you don't want to depending on rng. Why so aggresive though? Did your mother get fucked by a spic?

>>386315271

The only reason why I replied was because a guy said that overwatch would be worse for gambling addict when in fact tf2 is worse because there's actual money involved thanks to the marketing.
>>
>>386315813
snowplow is a pretty bad map tbqh
>>
>>386315860

thanks to the market*
>>
>>386313849
t. assblasted sniper main
>>
>>386315873
I know, that's the joke.

Community content is a mixed bag, I don't think it's fair to point at it as a true positive. Sure, the community made some good maps, and some good weapons. But they also made some bad maps, some terrible weapons and the majority of the garbage cosmetics that have turned this into an optimisation nightmare.

My poor fucking CPU.
>>
File: 1495065945738.jpg (5KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495065945738.jpg
5KB, 175x200px
>>386313915
I'd rather have that than people believing that the pyro is a gay man because of a easily refutable Game Theory video. Half of that fucking video can be destroyed just by remembering that the gloves are manufactured to have the ring and pointer fingers the same length.
>>
File: Engineer_Update_Page0.jpg (786KB, 1064x3732px) Image search: [Google]
Engineer_Update_Page0.jpg
786KB, 1064x3732px
>>386313915
>>386314220
Pyro is Abraham Lincoln. This is not a joke. His backpack is not fuel (all his flamers visibly carry their own), it is the missing Radigan-built life extender (three were made, two are otherwise accounted for).
>>
>>386316163
the whole glove thing in general is a joke because they might not even fit hand right
>>
>>386306145
Overwatch was designed to be accessible and arcadey, meaning that it's very easy to get into but there's not enough substance to keep momentum. TF2 has far more to it to mess around with and experiment.
>>
>>386316163
You do know scout freaks out in meet the pyro and calls him a 'he'. This isn't some shitty youtubers opinion.
>>
>>386306145
>good map design, maps have several routes instead of a single route filled with chokepoints
>no hard counters, it's not fun being killed by someone and not being able to do anything about it
>classes that have high skill ceiling that allows people put time at getting good
>character design and offensive banter
>lore, "meet the" videos had a lot of small details if was fun to pick on (like that meet the sniper video where he has cut model of citizen class in his car or that engies campfire is burning sniper in mee the engineer, or that video before meet the engineer that was hyping up the update) as opposed to cartoons that are pretty pixar pictures that demonstrate character abilities
>it's less casual, you have to manage your health when rocket jumping as soldier as opposed to just pushing a button and flying or putting a mine and mine jumping without any damage
>weapon variety, every character had 3 weapons and most of them had a taunt that can kill + limited ammo
>actual content instead of skins
>mods
>dedicated servers
>it's main selling point wasn't bland waifus which created community that doesn't consists of horny kids
>actual balancing instead of meta
Did I forget anything?
>>
File: PXH8R.jpg (203KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
PXH8R.jpg
203KB, 600x376px
>>386316280
Why would it be so big though? I think the backpack is there because otherwise it would look weird, and do you really think he can fire it for so long with that tiny gas tank in his gun?
>>
>>386315070
Yeah those are players who all want to play the game to win and coordinate, however if you join a game whether its casual or competitive, people just run around doing there own thing. You cant expect a game where you have joke weapons to be taken seriously unless you give it a competitive vibe, which tf2 fails to do.
>>
>>386316067
the cosmetics are the only reason this game still gets "updates"

also, if your pc can't run a 10year old game, it's your own fault.
>>
>>386314262
>Don't you think the whole tf2, csgo and dota crate/key system would be worse for a gambling addict? You can even sell or buy them for real money.
Exactly, if you want a certain item you can just save up some items and sell them or if you're tired of the game you can earn some money by selling valuable items (if you have any) or yes, gamble, I know people who earn hundreds of dollars just by gambling in CS GO. Shitzard wants you to either spend money on crates hoping you will get what you want or be patient and hope that you will get it in the next crate.
>>
>>386315860
>I said that you need to trade to get an specific weapon if you don't want to depending on rng
What you fucking said is "you need to buy weapons". Stop trying to revise history when we can SEE your lie >>386313160 clear as day, you dumb stinky spic.
>Why so aggresive though? Did your mother get fucked by a spic?
No, not at all. It's just that I can smell your sweaty body from this side of the screen. In combination with lies that generally makes people pretty aggressive.
>>
>>386315813
90% of Overwatch's official maps are literally Snowplow-tier, or worse.
>>
>Skill cap
>Individuals can heavily carry entire teams
>Movement mechanics
>Fun servers
>Fun mods, not Blizz """Custom""" servers
>Bigger then 6+ team size for pubs, meaning a few members of your team can be Brazilian and you still win
>Loadouts + class variety
>Actual cosmetics you can mix and match.
>Not super politically correct and not super multi kukti outside of the Demo
>Character personalities. Classes actually banter and insult call each-other fat and virgins. Instead of Overwatch """""banter"""""
>>
>>386315551
I said SKILL or luck, stupid.
>>
>>386317087
>outside of the Demo
stfu, demo is a Scottish gentleman.
>>
>>386306145
The only fun things in TF2 are 2fort and Turbine.

Race-against-time objective maps that force you to use teamwork instead of letting it happen naturally are what Overwatch's maps and TF2's shitmaps share in common. Overwatch needs a Turbine.
>>
>>386306285
It fell for the diversity of mechanics meme.
Feels like the only crazy shit that can get pulled in that game is if you let programmed action do it for you.
>>
>>386317374
It being TF2 and then "that game" being OW.
>>
>>386316948
No you fucking moron, it's Source's lack of proper multithreading, combined with the bloat of cosmetics.

I can run L4D2 at max settings, 1080p at a perfect 60fps, that game is more graphically advanced in every damn way, and more hectic, not dropping a single frame in the middle of a chaotic crescendo event with explosives and molotovs going off.

TF2 meanwhile is all over the place, sometimes sticking to a rock solid 60, sometimes fluctuating to 35-45 when something vaguely interesting happens.

If my PC can't run a ten year old game now, when it used to run it just fine BEFORE I got a dedicated graphics card, it's the fucking games fault.

>>386317080
Numbani is the only map I can't stand, everything else is okay to fine.
>>
>>386315189
Soldier's infobox on the class selection screen literally tells you to rocket jump as the first bullet point.
>>
>>386317219
I'm pretty sure they actually made him Black because a Drunk Scotsman was a bit too stereotypical and actually might make some people buthurt. Outside of that valve is pretty fine they have cosmetics which are pretty much Nazi uniforms and hardly ever censor any names so call yourself Kike killer 666 or something
>>
>>386316601
The closed captions has Scout referring to the Pyro as both he and she
>>
>>386316995

>>386314262
"I enjoyed tf2 but after that many hours it gets boring, and you have to trade if you want an specific weapon without depending on rng, it's easy to do but still."

Lol ok buddy it was fun and I knew you wanted to start shit since your first post but I'm ending our discussion here. I might had tried to discuss with you if you at least tried to be more civil but it's not even worth trying now.

>>386316981
But you really have to get lucky, and some of them are really hard to get with how little most drops are valued. In overwatch there's a smaler chance to get a repeated item, and repeated ones give an acceptable ammount of coins to buy the one you want.
>>
>>386317219
Don't sugarcoat, he's a black Scottish cyclops, an abomination
There's more fucking sea monsters in the great Loch Ness than the likes of him
>>
File: 1463873063583.jpg (39KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1463873063583.jpg
39KB, 500x471px
>>386317363
epic bait my friend
>>
>>386317487
post specs ragefag
>>
Reminder that OW has done more in its 1.5 years of life than TF2 ever has in any year of its existence.
>>
>>386316981
>>386317643
I'm not blinding defending blizzard though, I used to play heartstone but got sick because that one is basically pay to win.

And you're right that beign able too sell them for real money is nice, I bought tf2 for $10 and made $60 selling in-game items, just saying it could be worse for people with gambling problems or no self control IMO.
>>
>>386316905
>unless you give it a competitive vibe, which tf2 fails to do
That's also wrong, all Casual games now have a Competitive format, and there is a dedicated Competitive mode too. You don't know what you're talking about and I doubt you played the game post-MyM
>>
>>386306145
Movement
Overwatch feels loose and janky just moving around
TF2's characters feel solid
>>
>>386317951
>done more
what does this even mean
>>
>>386317958
Fuck. blindly*
>>
>>386317576
actually in their agreements you agree not to call yourself such things but they don't monitor anything, if a scandal came out, they could just pull out the "it was against our policies" like they did with the gambling websites
>>
>>386306145
Pretty well balanced
Also random crits are FUN
>>
>>386317760
https://youtu.be/mlypMpQ5X7A?t=2m1s
plenty of different colors
>>
>>386318052
Is that sarcasm? ramdom crits are bullshit.
>>
Does Overwatch have air strafing?
>>
>>386318039
Pretty much,it wouldn't be that hard to just implement a censor on the word nigger or something. I think they don't really care unless it gets a ton of reports
>>
>>386318025
t. austist
>>
>>386317927
AMD A8-5600k
8gb RAM
GTX 1050 2gb

A weakass APU ran TF2 perfectly fine when I got it six years ago.
>>
>>386318269
No way fag
>>
>>386318268
Random crits are fair and balanced.
>>
>>386318336
That's correct but what does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: TONIGHT.png (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TONIGHT.png
47KB, 300x300px
_______ __ ___ ____
>>
>>386317643
>But you really have to get lucky,
Just like in OW where if you want an EXACT legendary skin for EXACT hero you have to be lucky.
>and repeated ones give an acceptable ammount of coins to buy the one you want.
And from the repeated ones in tf2 you can craft metal which you can use as universal currency to buy items from other players.
>>
>>386318269
>air strafing
No, you use a jetpack to fly with Pharah which is the closest character in terms of gameplay to soldier.
>>
>>386318425
ALCOHOL IS ONE LOVE
>>
>>386317964
Please stop Just because there is a fancy menu doesn't mean the game is now competitive. It's still 12v12 and has poor match making and balancing. Have this yt vid since its clear youve never played the actual game. https://youtu.be/PGRiHnEtuzw?t=176
>>
>>386312667

You really have to remember that Quickplay was fucking despised at the time. Everybody wanted it gone. But now that it is, an entire community is pretending that hindsight isn't 20/20
>>
>>386318348
>cpu released in 2012
>plays game that's being updated in 2017
lol
>>
>>386317958
>just saying it could be worse for people with gambling problems or no self control IMO.
Its not fault of the developer that a person has a gambling problem, just like you wouldn't blame supermarket for selling alcohol to and alcoholic.
>>
>>386317951
Explain. Certainly there is less content, 3 heroes in a year (2 of which are useless) and, how many? 2 maps? which are bad anyway. But there is shitloads of skins to sell crates.
>>
>>386318467
What I'm trying to say is that it's much easier to get legendary skins and even easier rare or common ones. Legendaries only cost 1000 coins which are pretty easy to get from drops and repeated items. If I wanted to get an unusual hat or something I would have to trade a lot to be able to afford one. Hat's were easier but it ends up taking more time in the end, and you still need to find someone selling.
>>
File: Engineercomic13.jpg (322KB, 800x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Engineercomic13.jpg
322KB, 800x1544px
>>386316726
That is Greys modern life extender (which he originally invented himself). Pyros may not have been updated since it was originally constructed. It also may be opeprating on entirely different principles (Redmond and Blutarchs did not require Australium, as far as we know, and also did not restore youth, literally just held off death with targeted electric shocks, leaving their users as basically literal living mummies).

Here's the other piece of the puzzle, the list of the original three Radigan life extenders - the first two for Redmond and Blutarch, and a third built for an unknown party - built on April 14th. The day before Lincoln was assassinated IRL (April 15th, 1865). Lincoln, who was canonically the original Team Fortress Pyro, and whom Radigan had devised a plan to save (or to fake the assassination in the first place).
>>
>>386306145
It's fucking funny. Overwatch is not funny at all.
>>
>>386313007
>>386313563
>>386313195
I remember the BFB at release. And then right after release. And then after that it was great for a while, but I knew a nerf was coming. It needed a nerf but the one it got was a bit much. The damage required to slow you with the BFB is anything close to a scratch and it completely empties your meter.
>>
>>386318845
>skins that are worthless are better to spend my money on than skins that are worth 1000s of dollars
k
>>
>>386318610
>>386307813
I said that to this anon and then the other guy started sperging out about what I said of tf2 drops and trading.

I aggree that's the person's fault but I was just saying it would be worse for someone with that condition.
>>
>>386314262
>and you have to trade if you want an specific weapon without depending on rng
Most a craftable and there's quite a few you can get with just achievements.
>>
File: dalmatian.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
dalmatian.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>386312665
>>386312836
>ruined weapons
I can't believe they fucked up the Loch-n-Load so hard. They gave it THREE grenades.
The whole reason for the weapon existing in the first place is that it was a double barrel.
They just up and said "can't be arsed anymore".
>>
>>386319154
pretty sure all weapons are craftable
>>
>>386318902
I would really like a comic on pyro's backstory. Hoping they would release something about him at least before tf3 or something.
>>
>>386319187
the grenade launcher has 6 cylinders but only 4 can be loaded
>>
>>386319239
Fuck no.
>>
>>386319239
>tf3
lol
>>
>>386319070
> Implying I would spend money on that and not just get them while I play them game.

You have to dedicate time selling your items, finding buyers, and sellers if you want to get an unusual in tf2, it doesn't even compare.
>>
>>386319213
By craftable I mean there's a specific recipe for them without RNG.

Just for ONE example.
The boston basher WILL be crafted when you combine the sandman and the tribalman's shiv. There's quite a few more but that's what I was referring to.
>>
>>386312297
>Japanese companies
>Jews
>>
>>386319339
Wouldn't you like to know?

>>386319397
TF2.9 happy?
>>
>>386319318

>implying the Demoman isn't so smashed all the time that he only loads four
>>
>>386319415
>listing items on steam market place is too hard for me
>i'd rather spend money on non-tradable skins, which are completely character locked
>>
>>386318604
You mean like Dota 2? Which it can run fine? Or Overwatch, which it also runs fine. You don't seem to understand what you're talking about at all.

"Oh it's being updated so it's a modern game now." is the most ignorant and stupid god damn thing I have ever read, and this is fucking 4chan, so that's impressive.
>>
File: 1498737349015.jpg (72KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
1498737349015.jpg
72KB, 750x499px
>>386314262
>1300 hrs
Try 4152 m8
>>
>>386319502
>Wwuuuun...tuuuuuu....threeh.... SIX! SIX SHOTS LAD!
>>
>>386319520
>anecdotes
keep going
>>
>>386319495
>Wouldn't you like to know?
Absolutely not and doubly so after the abortion that was Meet the Pyro.
>>
>>386319528
the guy with the guitar should have a hardhat on, otherwise this is goty
>>
>>386318527
>please stop giving me ways to dig this hole for myself

Fixed it for you
>>
>>386306145
your prejudice, or lack thereof
>>
>>386319647
>the abortion that was Meet the Pyro.
The butthurt after that short was delicious.
>>
>>386319647
>i didn't like it
i like it
>>
>>386319528
try 5282
>>
>>386312406
>TF2 is fun even if you don't win.
This.
Binding SR to a single team-based binary result was the worst idea anyone could think of.
>>
>>386319094
I'm not that autistic anon though and OW problem is certainly not community obsessed with crate opening. I explained everything right about tf2 (and that is wrong with OW) in this >>386316675 post.
>>
>>386319514
> Implying I would spend money on that.

Steam market wasn't there when I used to play, and it ends up beign more time consuming than just playing the game and getting drops on the side without the need of interacting with other people.

I play the game because I enjoy it and get some cosmetics and other things on the side, without any extra effort.
>>
>>386306145
Jesus christ how fucking obsessed are you? It's been over a year since that game released and you still hate it this much?
>>
>>386319528
>>386319785
I'm the guy with 1300 hours, how the fuck do you play that much time without burning yourself out? Or is part of those hours idling.
>>
>>386319604
No, please, by all means, explain to me how it's acceptable for a game like TF2 to run worse than more graphically advanced games. I'll wait.

I'll be waiting a while, because there is no excuse, my CPU isn't powerful, but it's more than enough for Source games, just not TF2, because it's been loaded with shit without proper optimisation of any kind.

Better CPU's than mine struggle with the game because of it's shit optimisation, it's near Stalker levels of bullshit.
>>
>>386319860
>moving the goal post
NOICE BOI
>>
>>386313160
Because TF2 allows you to buy and trade what you want.
Overwatch is a blatantly rigged gambling system that all but requires either deep pockets or autistic dedication to get anything that's not a low-level dupe.
>>
>>386319962
I've been playing tf2 since release, and don't have as much time as them, only about 3700 hours.

But it's because the game challenges me to try to get better.
>>
File: 1501564529461.jpg (34KB, 750x491px) Image search: [Google]
1501564529461.jpg
34KB, 750x491px
>>386319962
I basically have alot of free time.
>>
File: fthjushj.png (245KB, 1416x629px) Image search: [Google]
fthjushj.png
245KB, 1416x629px
>>386313403
>-Better sound effects
Gonna have to disagree with this one.
>>
>>386320195
>case in point, the recent mannpower update wherein mannpower servers kept crashing after the update that was supposed to fix mannpower
From what I understand, it was so bad that just queuing to join the server would crash it.
>>
>>386319962
Pubs, 6s, MGE, SoapDM, training maps, stupid shit like x10 and Prop Hunt, rtd servers, there is a lot to play. I'm only something 3800 right now.
>>
>>386318527
>Please stop Just because there is a fancy menu doesn't mean the game is now competitive
Hey shit for brains, you said "competitive vibe". Not "make the game competitive".
>>
>>386320192
that is literally extreme autism
>>
>>386315070
I find competitive TF2 very fun to watch

Why is it so unpopular?
>>
>>386319962
>major updates
>community content such as maps, and mods
>you can play the game casually, competitively
>you can be a sandwich heavy one second, get frags as soldier later
You can play TF2 however you want. Its great.
Compared to Overwatch, you can play the game in 2 ways. Competitive, and competitive practice. Everyone is so serious in OW, and you get reported in casual if you dont play the game properly. In TF2, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>386320308
>x10
They're up to x1000 now last I checked.
>>
>>386319476
>implying the reach of the Jewish investor is not long
>>
>>386320192
I'm gonna agree with this one, I loved TF2, but Overwatch got it's sound design down to a science.
>>
>>386306145
skill ceiling
silly goof off servers and weapons
>>
>>386316675
>no hard counters
What is Pyro vs. Spy?
What is Engineer vs. Scout?
What is Sniper vs. Heavy?
>>
>>386320353
because it's not the same game

competitive mode is really fun to play when it works... it rarely works.
>>
File: tf aot.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf aot.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>386319962
Because TF2 can be anything you want.

Here we see TF2 being converted into Attack on Titan.

Then see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5zUCOU0adg
>>
Fuck, just release the update already.
I want to drop Overwatch for a spell and hope Blizz pulls their heads out of their asses by the time I return.
>>
>>386320353
It was fun to watch back when there were good players playing it, too many have left and the new generation can't compete against the veterans.
>>
>>386320443
except that's irrelevant in sixes and the game isn't entirely balanced around them
>>
>>386318025
>>386318418
I think (s)he's referring to sales.
>>
>>386320443
Pyro > Spy > Engineer > Scout > Sniper > Heavy
Soldier > Demo

Everyone > Medic
>>
>>386320353
It's not unpopular. TF2 has a very low (sub 100k) playercount. Many of the people playing the game on a regular basis are kids who don't give a fuck about how the game can be played at high levels, they're here for 2fort and turbine, and you can't really blame them for anything, they're playing the game their way. If TF2 had more numbers, it would have way more viewers for it's competitive scene. Also, Valve hasn't cared much for competitive until much recently
>>
>>386316675
I agree with most of them, pretty good points.

Those chokepoints are really annoying when the other team is really well coordinated.

Though there are some characters in overwatch that are hard to master.

>character design and offensive banter
Well Overwatch characters say different things to different characters nad depending on their situation, you can even use voice commands.
IMO I like most of their character designs.

>>386320067

???

>>386320076
Valid points, while skins in Overwatch are easier to obtain it could be frustrating to not get the one you were looking for.

You still can get it with coins, but I get there's people with not self control.
>>
>>386306145
Opinion.
>>
>pyro vs spy
just walk away from the pyro lmao
never go near the pyro and use your pistol lmao

>engineer vs scout
just destroy the sentry by the corner lmao
just use your god damn pistol goofy

>what is sniper vs heavy
sniper is good vs every class lmao
>>
>>386320443
None of those are hard counters, the sniper vs heavy one is laughable especially
>>
>>386320631
>coins
Coin drops are ultra-rare and duplicate returns get you next to fucking nothing. It can take in excess of 50 levels just to get one Event Legendary.
>>
>>386320595
>TF2 has a very low (sub 100k) playercount
Daily players is not total players. In the past week TF2 has had around 2 million players.
>>
>>386320595
I think OW competitive being big is the same as SFV
it's where the money is so the players will go there
>>
>>386320734
>just walk away from the pyro lmao
hahahahahahahaha how the fuck is PYRO real hahahaha nigga just walk away from the screen like nigga close your eyes haha
>>
>>386306145
skill shooter
fun iconic characters that are full of personality

alot of people bash TF2 nowadays, yet they can't name a better one that has alot of depth
>>
File: tf driller valve.jpg (256KB, 845x499px) Image search: [Google]
tf driller valve.jpg
256KB, 845x499px
>>386320353
Anon who posted the video here.
The reason TF2 competitive is so unpopular is because it receives no official support from Valve (outside of medals), the players have to crowdfund everything themselves, and the game is not balanced around competitive play, which means 4/9 classes are useless in comp and people who enjoy those classes do not get a look in. If they want to play Pyro/Spy/Engie/Heavy competitively full time they have to play HL, and this makes TF2's competitive scene split into two, and even harder to play.

A combination of all these factors, mixed with the repetition that comes from the same 5 classes being used for 9 years straight (even though TF2, like Quake, is an amazingly skillful competitive game, like Quake it lacks variation of content), means that TF2 competitive is not very popular.

People don't hear about it because it doesn't get advertised. The ones who do hear about it might not enjoy playing/watching it because it doesn't have the classes they enjoy. And even if they do hear about and enjoy it, they might not keep playing since there's no money in the competitive scene.

Valve's stated policy is that for the last 9 years they have been treating competitive and casual as separate products, and focusing on Casual. That's why Competitive is so maligned. But as you can see from pic related, they're changing that policy now. Competitive is going to be a bigger part of TF2, and Comp/Casual game balance are going to merge to create a hopefully overall more enjoyable game for everyone.
>>
File: 1450131360205.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450131360205.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>386320775
>>
>>386320323
>not liking digitized fart noises is autism
I bet you thought the Opposing Force shotgun was totally awesome, didn't you.
>>
>>386320804
They recently reworked the overall drop system, haven't looked at the specifics because I'm waiting to get the PC version, but I've heard good things.
>>
File: TF2 class balance counters.png (362KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
TF2 class balance counters.png
362KB, 1275x1650px
>>386320443
There are no hard counters in TF2, only soft counters.
>>
>>386320928
The HD shotgun is still one of the most satisfying sounding works of digital art that has ever been. Right beside the ME3 claymore shotgun.
>>
>>386320353
>Why is it so unpopular?
Bli$$ard's billion-dollar marketing stole TF2's audience from out from under it.
>>
>>386320367
Yeah I enjoyed that and loved that most people in my team didn't give a fuck about what I was doing, I might play it again but I'm sure I would get bored of it after a while. The core gameplay it's still the same and while that's not a bad thing it ends up feeling repetitive.

>>386320804
They increased the amount of coins duplicate items get you, but no idea how much, and I guess I got lucky them because of the last6-7 crates I opened, like 3-4 had coins in them.

Also this >>386320930
>>
>>386320570
>>Everyone > Medic

Medic>Everyone if he has Uber
>>
>>386321025
>Medic>Everyone if he has Uber
Uber > Everyone > Medic
>>
>>386320920
Not an argument.
A hard counter is a strategy that ALWAYS beats another certain strategy, no matter the skill difference. No such thing exists in TF2 in terms of the classes.
>>
>>386318902
>(or to fake the assassination in the first place)
If you're right I doubt the assassination was fake. Getting shot in the head and surviving would explain Pyro's insanity.

Still, Abe was a tall guy. Taller than Pyro.
>>
>>386320775
>>386320969
You have to outright break the game in order to get a Scout past a well-placed Level 3 sentry. That's a pretty fucking hard counter, and I have over 1000 hours on TF2 to prove it.
>>
>>386321094
google: A hard counter is something that beats its counterpart even with inferior investment. A soft counter usually beats its counterpart, but may lose with inferior investment. We prefer not to use these terms on this wiki. They are ambiguous and there are many edge cases.
>>
>>386320995
>stole TF2's audience from out from under it.
this is a myth:
>>
>>386321129
>I have over 1000 hours on TF2 to prove it.
>it's true because i say so
k
>>
>>386306145
the game is actually a masterpiece in terms of design, each character is distinct in shape and movement so for example its easy to identify a scout from accross the map, overwatch on the other hand youre just firing in the general direction of a massive clusterfuck of color.This is just a single example I could go on for hours making comparisons like this. That being said im burned out on tf2 and overwatch isnt awful but tf2 is objectively a more carefully designed game in almost every aspect.
>>
>>386320928
hl1 shotguns r good
>>
>>386321162
i'd like to add that the game coordinator breaks often enough to hold most players off casual and the regular maintenance for the casual servers too
>>
>>386313160
TF2's items arent based on win rate. This means you can just have fun and not worry about winning to get drops. The player base isn't obsessed with try-harding in order to get their gambling fix.

Want more champions in LoL? Better play AS HARD AS YOU CAN to get more IP on average to get champions faster. Same with overwatch but with their gambling cosmetics.

Win/loss doesn't matter in tf2 for loot.
>>
>>386321162
Thank you for supporting my argument.
>>
>>386321162
your graph seems to be conveniently ignoring the fact that the game lost 20-30k players permanently.
>>
File: 1500855280827.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500855280827.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>386306145
absence of hats and non-vanila weapons... oh shit
>>
>>386321162
i forget, what was the short circuit bug?
>>
>>386321094
>A hard counter is a strategy that ALWAYS beats another certain strategy, no matter the skill difference.
By that logic, Overwatch doesn't have any hard counters either. I've defeated a few Winstons playing Genji, and shot down many Pharahs playing Reaper.
>>
>>386321296
in tf2 all that matter is time played to get a drop, think it's like 1 per hour and max 10 drops a week altho some items can still drop and not count towards that
>>
>>386321383
ppl u shoot with it lag
>>
>>386321296
You still get exp in Overwatch when you lose.

I prefer it this way insted of spending time trading.
>>
>>386320443
>What is Engineer vs. Scout?
Whut? Even mini-sentry + proper engie wrecks scout and I'm not even talking about big sentry.
>What is Pyro vs. Spy?
Spy is meant to be played stealthy, pretty much every other class kills him in direct 1v1 encounter.
>What is Sniper vs. Heavy?
Eh, this one is kinda legit, still both of the classes have to be smart about their positioning.
>>
>>386321278
>>386320991
You do know OpForce has a completely different shotgun from HL1, right?
>>
>>386321337
>48,736 playing an hour ago 62,427 24-hour peak 117,917
steamcharts.com/app/440

>lost 20-30k players permanently.
nop
>>
>>386321401
So idling fags can segregate themselves away from the rest of the world and let us casualfags enjoy ourselves.

And yet Overwatch and LoL encourage casualfags and tryhards to play together, making nobody happy thus their communities turn out horribly toxic.
>>
>>386321129
if only there were an item that could make the scout invulnerable to fucking bullets for a few seconds right
>>
>>386320834
You're quite right on that account. Most of TF2 comp money is crowdfunded. It's very difficult for a high level player to survive with comp TF2 as their source of income.
>>
>>386320969
Half of those have unlocks that counter those soft counters, Spycicle, Razorback, etc.

>>386321129
Or you could just Bonk
>>
>>386321491
kid, it's visible on the graph. you can't argue against an objective fact that *you presented as evidence yourself*

to suggest that a game with milliosn of players in a similar genre marketed to be similar didn't take players is just stupid fanboyism.
>>
>>386321432
You get MORE for winning though. That's the catch. Winning = more chests. If you got the same amount for winning or losing I bet the shitshow would calm down although I doubt by much since Blizz attracts autists anyway.
>>
>>386321504
Yeah an item that wasn't in the game until several years after release, takes up a valuable loadout slot, and doesn't solve the problem of a sentry being on the control point.
>>
>>386314443
>red scout and red spy
>Father son
>red spy is with blu scouts mom
Rethink your shit faggot.
>>
>>386320805
You are correct. But a daily count of 60k players is still very low for a free game which also plays very well. Even GTA5 consistently has more people playing it on the PC
>>
File: 51b677d96a6f9 - Copy.jpg (18KB, 320x172px) Image search: [Google]
51b677d96a6f9 - Copy.jpg
18KB, 320x172px
>>386321154
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Hard_Counter#Trivia
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hard%20counter
>>386321129
But "a well placed level 3 Sentry" already makes assumptions about skill anyway.

You're putting Engineer in the strongest possible position and saying that he hard counters Scout because of that.

I could just as easily say that Scout hard counters Engineer because "you have to outright break the game in order for an Engineer who is only using his Wrench to beat a Scout who is using his Scattergun and keeping his distance." You see what I mean?

Engineer's Sentry isn't always at level 3, or even fully set up. Engineer isn't always in a good position that Scout can't corner creep easily or outrange by flanking.
So Engineer does not hard counter Scout.
>over 1000 hours
You are like a little baby.
>>
>>386306145
community maps/servers/mods

i don't even play normal modes
>>
File: W_shotgun_hd.jpg (10KB, 350x217px) Image search: [Google]
W_shotgun_hd.jpg
10KB, 350x217px
The base game has the same Spaz as HL1, with the HD pack making it look and sound far better in both games.
>>
>>386321556
>>386321609
>>
>>386321490
I said hl1 shotguns
plural
I like shotguns in hl1 and opfor they r satisfying
>>
>>386321559
literally not the same person retard and tf2 has been losing players for years, if anything overwatch was just a drop in the water for what was going on already.
tf2's player trend has been downwards way before overass came out
>>
>>386321337
>>386321337
Not because of Overwatch, though. Because of Meet your Match and the Short Circuit bug. You see how Overwatch's release is players leaving, followed up by everyone coming back at the top of that trough?
>>
>>386321484
>Whut? Even mini-sentry + proper engie wrecks scout and I'm not even talking about big sentry.
Ohh, you mean that engie counters scout, well, fuck, engie kills most of the classes with ease if he's not dumb fucking retard.
>>
>>386316280
>engineer's dad died off screen
wtf valve
>>
>>386321609
>sentry on the control point

so why are you playing scout again
>>
>>386321493
>encourage
yeah must be fun having that guy that yells at everybody for not doing exactly what he wants and blaming everybody for losing him the game.
casual is casual, i shouldn't be yelled at because some tryhard wants to win, if he wants to win so badly he can play competitive.
>>
>>386321727
>arguing against reality

have fun. yes, overwtach didn't take any players from tf2. k.
>>
>>386321609
the game is literally called TEAM fortress 2
>>
File: consider.jpg (32KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
32KB, 800x424px
>>386321398
>By that logic, Overwatch doesn't have any hard counters either
I mean, I agree with that too. I'm a different guy to the guy you originally responded to. I don't think Overwatch has hard counters.

On the other hand, it's pretty apparent to everyone here to say that OW's counter advantages are stronger than TF2's counter advantages. Someone killing their counter in OW is rarer than in TF2.

Perhaps it's more accurate to say that counters range on a scale from hard to soft. The hardest possible counter is scissors paper rock, and the softest possible counter is something like "+1 damage against X class". And there's everything inbetween.

TF2's counters are softer than OW's counters, allowing for more player skill to shine through in any matchup.
>>
>>386319187
Shut up dont remind me im so fucling pissed right now

1shoting scouts whas the most fun I ever had with demoman, even more that old half satoichi killing spree
>>
>>386321953
>i make up my own facts
k
>>
>>386321953
I didn't say they didn't take ANY. His post was that OW took TF2's audience which is not true.
>>
>>386322029
Oh shit im having a stroke
send help
>>
>>386312406
>There's a reason why 2fort and Hightower ended up as deathmatch maps and some people would go "don't cap" in koth.
I hate that though. It's a cancerous habit, especially in casual play.
If they want to be stupid and not play the objective, then go in a community server full of friendlies, brony ERPers and similar shitheads like you.
>>
File: 1464881497569.gif (8KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1464881497569.gif
8KB, 125x125px
>>386321973
See that's funny because I thought the whole argument was that TF2 was less team-oriented than Overwatch.
>>
File: 1447370565267.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447370565267.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>386321642
>Even GTA5 consistently has more people playing it on the PC
What do you mean "even" GTA5? According to this Grand Theft Auto V is the 4th best selling video game EVER.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

80 million copies - 2.7x the numbers of copies that Skyrim has sold - and they have heavily pushed the online mode, so having a lot of concurrent players isn't surprising. You're of course just talking about PC sales, but this is a game that has constantly been one of the best sellers on Steam since the day it came out. Hell, go look right now. It's currently in the top sellers even though it's still selling for a full $60 4 years after release.
>>
File: 1424713090336.jpg (80KB, 800x931px) Image search: [Google]
1424713090336.jpg
80KB, 800x931px
>>386322029
Demo is the most balanced class in the game now.
Apart from the fact it's dumb they turned LnL into a 3-barrel launcher instead of balancing it some other way, LnL needed a nerf and is balanced now, and the same is true for Half-Zatoichi.

And you can still go on killing sprees with Half-Zatoichi really efficiently. I see people doing it all the time. It's just not plain broken now.
>>
>>386322070
>what is hyperbole?
>what is generalization?
>>
File: 1495400238035.png (167KB, 489x455px) Image search: [Google]
1495400238035.png
167KB, 489x455px
>>386320890

You forgot to add comp in TF2 is not natural just like SMB: is fun to play with friends but when someone comes in and set up made up rules to streamline things most people wont play then that guy spaz out people get a very bad impression.

Plus like you said, TF2 balance is bogus with scout and soldier forever being the top dogs in the game (and the fact they will never bring them down to the level of the other classes, givemore power to the other classes) and at the same time they are the most annoying classes to fight against, a fatal combo that most players hate.

TF2 also lost his moment to be a decent comp game; is too late to try something now and the new "esport culture" is fucking terrible and annoying.
>>
>>386321642
TF2 is a 10year old game that most people don't really know of.
GTA is a massive series that appeal even to non-gamers and normies know of it.
GTA is the Queen of gaming.
>>
>>386322217
>Its just not plain broken now
except it still fucking is
granted demoknights in general are...
>>
>>386322217
I dont care about balance I care about fun it was funny to play with the old lock and lol and the old satoichi.

"But it wasnt fun for other people" I dont care anon
>>
>>386322254
>scout and soldier
>doesn't mention the most OP class in the game
please, you know nothing.
>>
>>386322248
No, at this point it's called backpedaling.
>>
>>386322176
>because I thought the whole argument was that TF2 was less team-oriented than Overwatch.
No, the argument was that TF2 has softer counters than Overwatch. The original post was: ">no hard counters, it's not fun being killed by someone and not being able to do anything about it"
Not having super hard counters doesn't mean that your game doesn't have teamwork.

Hard counters are a lazy way of encouraging teamwork. TF2's extensive and varied map design full of flanks encourages a lot more teamplay when people can strategize with their allies what flank route to take.
>>
This thread is making me miss how chill it was to play TF2.

You could just hop in, dick around all you want, and hop right back out. All the tryhards and whiny kids were almost always ignored because no one gave a shit.

I can't find an online pvp game like that anymore.
>>
File: demoe.jpg (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
demoe.jpg
83KB, 512x512px
>>386322362
>I dont care about balance I care about fun
>"But it wasnt fun for other people"
So what you're saying is you want the game to be fun for you, and only you? That's how you get a game with nobody playing it.

Game balance is the process of making sure everyone has fun, by letting people pick the things they enjoy without being at a disadvantage.

That's why LNL got nerfed. Though they overdid it a little.
>>386322347
>except it fucking is
There's nothing overpowered about current LNL, if anything it's slightly UP. It's unbanned in competitive gameplay (and used less than stock/Iron Bomber), it's used less than stock in pubs, and I never see people complain about it anymore.
>>
>>386322195
>>386322316
I completely understand. My opinion was that so many people just love TF2 and the community produces a lot of content for the game. It's also so old that it has a lot of people who've been playing it for 10 years staraight. I thought GTA5 was a much newer game with a much smaller lifecycle, but I obviously did not take into account how big GTA Online has become.

Maybe I just want people to play TF2 more again. It's such a well made game.
>>
>>386317171
How would you fight a sniper as a heavy with "skill"?
>>
>>386322630
just play on a community server dipdung
>>
>>386320192
What the fuck? These are the thoughts of a man who peels off pepperoni slices for later from his pizza then proceeds to eat it with a fork.
>>
>>386322630
I miss singing along to mic spammers playing Queen.
>>
>>386322254
>but when someone comes in and set up made up rules to streamline things most people wont play then that guy spaz out people get a very bad impression
I don't think this really makes sense as an argument at all.

Nothing is "natural" in a video game; everything is artificial. And TF2 comp exists because a bunch of people who wanted to play seriously came together and made it happen. They didn't force anyone else to play the game their way.
>>
>>386322659
>It's such a well made game.
if the pyro update is shit, you'll see even less players playing it.

it's not helping attract people to the game when even the people that love the game are complaining about what state the game currently is in
>>
>>386322689
People like you are what's responsible for shit like this.
>>
>>386322630
>You could just hop in, dick around all you want, and hop right back out
Yep, you can still do that.
>>
>>386322638
>So what you're saying is you want the game to be fun for you, and only you? That's how you get a game with nobody playing it

I think TF2 was preaty ok with its playerbase when the LNL was crazy fun. Only competitive autist gave a shit about it and they were a minority in the playerbase

But nooooo lets follow le esports meme and go full competitive.
>>
>>386322676
Equip your Fists of Steel and shove them up his ass.
>>
>>386322780
>pc with computer speakers
>tv with backfacing speakers
>>
File: 1495081825899.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495081825899.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>386322630
Those players stuck in the middle have nowhere to go
>>
>>386322780
I think it's just you and that other anon with this opinion. Never have I ever seen someone upset over the sound effects in TF2 in the entire decade that I've heard about it.
>>
>>386306145
It wasn't, it's the original normie reddit FPS that KILLED good arena shooters FOREVER
>>
File: tf custom maps.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf custom maps.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>386322676
Correctly use flanking routes to get close to him, then kill him at close range where he has difficulty killing you due to flinching.
Hop and strafe around and mash crouch to go up and down when you know a Sniper is in the area.
If you're forced to go through his sightline, use your Shotgun while looking up, and/or calls for Medic, so that your arm/hand hitbox blocks your face, meaning he can't headshot you and will only do bodyshot damage. (This is a real thing done in competitive play).
If on defense, simply stay out of his sightlines. If he can't get a good angle on you, but you're still watching the objective, you're doing your job successfully while also stopping him.
>>
File: 1501803857244niggers.jpg (192KB, 1500x912px) Image search: [Google]
1501803857244niggers.jpg
192KB, 1500x912px
I may lose to someone with more skill and situational awareness, and I may win against someone with less
Nobody has an "shit my pants and escape" button on a 10s cooldown
Weapon sidegrades
It's not fucking 6v6
I'm done
>>
>>386322948

I was about to post that TF2 is older than reddit but it isn't

Confirmed for Reddit-tier normie trash, pack it up /v/irgins

/fucking thread
>>
>>386322837
>when the LNL was crazy fun
Being fun doesn't make something also balanced.
>Only competitive autist gave a shit about it and they were a minority in the playerbase
That's not true anon, plenty of non-comp players complained about the state of the LnL and Demo in general.
>>
>>386322905
the sounds in tf2 are very distinct, you can tell what's coming your way, what class they're playing, what weapons they have, heck you can even tell where a defenseless heavy is hiding and eating his sandvich, the sounds of tf2 are there for gameplay not for "listening"
>>
>>386323102
>Fun =/= balance

No but who fucking cares about balance if you are having fun? What else matters besides fun? Would you rather play an unfun game that is balanced or a fun game that is unbalanced?
>>
>>386323241
If it's not balanced, it's fun only for a certain number of people, not everyone. LnL was not fun for scout players
>>
>>386323092
Still, Digg was the "Reddit" of 2007 wasn't it?

>>386323241
>Would you rather play an unfun game that is balanced or a fun game that is unbalanced?
Neither, dude. This isn't some binary thing. If you enjoy pubstomping with an overpowered weapon then more power to you but might I suggest just getting rid of the middleman and installing cheats while you're at it?
>>
>>386321129
An Engineer wrenching his level 3 Sentry with a level 3 dispenser next to him, counters everything other than Soldier, Demo, and Sniper.
>>
>>386322948
Disregard the entire industry related to FPS games trying their hardest to recreate the financial success of Halo and CoD, forever trying to appeal to dudebros and underageb&.
>>
File: z.png (184KB, 326x341px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
184KB, 326x341px
>>386323241
>No but who fucking cares about balance if you are having fun?
>you
That's right, you, referring to yourself. You fail to understand that other people are playing the game.

LnL shat all over the Scout players (and other light classes) before its nerf. You were pissing off 4 groups of players to please 1 group of players.

That's simply not a good idea if you want everyone to have fun instead of 1 group of people.
>What else matters besides fun?
Nothing, of course. Game balance exists to CAUSE fun. It exists so that everyone can have fun, and not just YOU, personally. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, anon.

>Would you rather play an unfun game that is balanced or a fun game that is unbalanced?
I'd rather play a fun game that is balanced. Why would I argue for either of the above? Fun is objectively good and balance is objectively good. It doesn't have to be a contest, we can have both.

It really pains me to have to discuss these things with people on /v/ who make bold statements without thinking them through. Like, can you not actually see that other people might exist who also want to have fun? Is your mind really that limited?
>>
>>386323102
>Being fun doesn't make something also balanced.

>>386322362

>That's not true anon, plenty of non-comp players complained about the state of the LnL and Demo in general.
No they didnt because there wasnt a thing like a "comunity" beside comp autist. Everyone else didnt gave a shit about the game balance.

Like me they just joined a random game and play had fun and leave. As a scout i never had problems with LnL demos, you know why? because id dint mess with them

"But you are playing wrong you need to kill the demos as a scout and bla bla bla"

No you dont, that was the magic about TF2 you could do what ever the fuck you wanted because it was not a comp game by itsef so no one would kick you for being a retard.

My worst moments in tf2 were in the mvm maps because of all the "dude you need to be X class or we kick you" bullshit
fuck off with that shit
>>
>>386323389
and spies, engies and snipers too I might add
>>
Fewer, more distinct classes that have clear strengths and weaknesses. Said classes also have way more dialogue and are much more fun than the blandness in OW. No cool downs on abilities for easy kills. Imo combat also has a lot more depth to it with more tricks you have to master rather than mash Q.
OW is still good, but I grew tired of it after the first couple dozen hours.
>>
>>386323516
TF2 killed PC FPS forever, they weren't even really making multiplat consolized shooters at that point.

Though then again, you could also make the argument that CS killed FPS.
>>
File: bait-related filen(...).png (319KB, 520x377px) Image search: [Google]
bait-related filen(...).png
319KB, 520x377px
>>386323569
Did you just have a stroke, or are you baiting?
Your spelling is awful and your rant about competitive players makes no sense.

Plenty of people, who weren't competitive players, complained about the way that Loch-n-Load allowed Demo to kill Scout in a single hit with a fast-moving projectile.
>No you dont, that was the magic about TF2 you could do what ever the fuck you wanted because it was not a comp game by itsef
Nobody is talking about competitive except you.
You can still do whatever you want. The difference is that the game is more balanced now.

Game balance exists so that you can pick whatever class and gun you want, without being worse at winning the game than another player. That's literally it. It has nothing to do with competitive.
>>
>>386323816
>>386323816
No, Halo and CoD killed PC FPS forever.
You pretty much ignored his argument and just said yours again without providing evidence, so I'm going to do the same to you.

https://www.nowgamer.com/bioware-we-want-call-of-dutys-audience/
>>
File: 1501144372566.jpg (39KB, 650x436px) Image search: [Google]
1501144372566.jpg
39KB, 650x436px
>>386323881
At this point I have to think that the guy looks down on the Olympics too.
>they're all just running around the same track
>what's the fun in that?
>>
>>386323881

>Plenty of people, who weren't competitive players, complained about the way that Loch-n-Load allowed Demo to kill Scout in a single hit with a fast-moving projectile.

>A bunch of autist circlejerking in a formun or in /v/
>The mayority of a f2p playerbase

>You can still do whatever you want.
No, I cant kill scouts with 1 shoot

>It has nothing to do with competitive.
Only competitive faggots care about balance becaus muh unfair advantage
>>
File: 1432498669232.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1432498669232.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>386324090
>Only competitive faggots care about balance
Alright >>386323881, I guess you're right. This guy must either be the biggest troglodyte to ever walk the Earth or he really is just baiting.
>>
File: pieroe.png (90KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pieroe.png
90KB, 512x512px
>>386306347
This, it's amazing what you can do movement wise in TF2.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Jumping
Look at all that shit you can do.
I'll be happy if they add more of that in the Pyro update for Pyro.
>>
File: 5432pretending.jpg (28KB, 271x326px) Image search: [Google]
5432pretending.jpg
28KB, 271x326px
>>386324090
Can you please not pretend to be retarded? It attracts Overwatch players who think they're in good company.
>>
>>386324197
>>386324282

thats not a response to my previous statement
:^)
>>
>>386323682
>Fewer, more distinct classes that have clear strengths and weaknesses
This. 20+ classes is just overkill.
I think 9 classes is more than enough to fit every common FPS archetype into.
>>
File: 1493971090056.jpg (316KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493971090056.jpg
316KB, 916x1280px
>>386322738
>Nothing is "natural" in a video game; everything is artificial.

Wrong as fuck, look at fighting games, assfaggots and even quake. They are design to be very competitive making the game and the playerbase flow, that is a natural enviroment in multiplayer games and on top of that they work to keep balance as stable as they can (for the most part).

TF2 now fails very, very hard in that regard.

A fail game without natural flow of enviroment is starcraft 2 and how quickly it die out thanks to blizzard pushing eports as the only way to play the game and going full jew with the editor, pretty much killing a large part of what people love about Starcraft and WC3 and letting what was left to rot.

>And TF2 comp exists because a bunch of people who wanted to play seriously came together and made it happen.

And that is fucking great, you guys did a fantastic job for nine fucking years.

One very neat thing about TF2 that 99% of multiplayer games never got right is the sense of seeding multiple communities base arround what people wanted to play. One problem with that they are highly incompatible because one side thinks one thing is a problem and the other dont.

TF2 is stuck forever in this loop and the only way to fix it is to enforce one way, aka doing what TF2 did better and why shit like MyM fail so hard.

>They didn't force anyone else to play the game their way.

Until now which most balance changes look like they came from comp players imputs instead instead of the more wild balance style of the old tf2

Like I said, you guys did a great job at making a nice little space for yourself and now after nine years you are trying to change things? I think is a little late for that.
>>
>>386312406
>TF2 is fun even if you don't win

holy fucking shit this this this
I've played TF2 from one end to the next, comp and all, and no matter how bad I had gotten beaten/shit on//whatever the fuck. I ALWAYS had a fucking fantastic time and ALWAYS laughed and played along.

fuck me Overwatch is the EXACT opposite, sure there are some times when I've had some pretty good laughs with OW but with Blizzard trying absolutely TOO hard to push the game to be SUPER COMPETITIVE EDGE OF UR FUCKIN SEAT ACTION, you get game after game of people, even in quickplay who want to just play their fucking heart outs and get pissed at you if you don't perform well enough/ don't use a certain comp.

this man speaks the fuckin truth
>>
>>386306285
each character literally has a different nationality
as much as /pol/ wants you to believe things like race does not change the "fun" of a game
>>
>>386324035
Not until much later until multiplat consolized games became standard, this is way after TF2 was released.

And honestly, the first Call of Duty is actually pretty good, a much better multiplayer game than CS.
>>
>>386318604
>plays game that was downgraded in 2017 to compensate for hats and wacky premium effects
fixed that for you
>>
>>386321635
If I've understood the lore correctly there's only one of each class. They just keep switching between Red and Blu.
>>
>>386317951
imao okay show us
>>
>>386324717
nah you are wrong
>>
>>386324340
In fairness those 20+ characters aren't "classes". I see nothing wrong with a MOBA having way more than 9 characters, for example, because one character existing and excelling at a certain role has nothing to do with another character that also fits into that role because (ideally) the end result is that they're still different and have unique niches.

>>386324554
>each character literally has a different nationality
Scout, Soldier, and Engineer are all American and the Pyro has no specified Nationality. I don't really care about his point, but "not falling for the diversity meme" is still true. All but one of the characters are white, none of them are gay or autistic or transgender, stuff like that. Granted there was no push for such a thing in 2007 anyway so it's not really an "accomplishment" either.
>>
More players, 6v6 is stressful
>>
File: Team Fortress Original.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress Original.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>386324413
>They are design to be very competitive
Quake was never designed to be competitive. The multiplayer was an afterthought. It blossomed into a competitive game as a decision of the players, not an intentional creation of the developers.
If you're talking about Arena, that only came about because of the original Quake's and Quake 2's competitive scenes.
>A fail game without natural flow of enviroment is starcraft 2
Now you're working against your own argument. The original Starcraft was not designed to be competitive, yet its competitive gameplay is amazing. Starcraft 2 WAS designed to be competitive, yet failed at it. So what does "being designed to be competitive" really mean at the end of the day?

Another example is Overwatch. It was supposedly developed from the ground up to be competitive. Yet it is not a good competitive game.

It doesn't matter whether the developers intentionally tried to make it competitive from the start or not. If the game has mechanics that lend themselves to comp, then it's a good comp game, regardless of intention.
>and why shit like MyM fail so hard
Why are you blaming MyM on competitive players? We didn't ask Valve to replace the good pub system with a new pub system nobody asked for.
>And that is fucking great, you guys did a fantastic job for nine fucking years.
Twenty actually if you count the entirety of the Team Fortress series, which has had many players carry over from game to game. And I'm barely a competitive player at all outside of MGE and lobbies, I just realize that it is an exciting way to play TF2 that should be supported.

There is no good reason why TF2 shouldn't be played competitively.
>>
>>386324413
oh and
>wild balance style
There is no such thing. Either your game is balanced or it isn't.
>>
>>386324825
To be fair the poster you replied to wasn't calling it an "accomplishment." He was just saying it was a reason OW has bland characters and TF2 doesn't.
>>
>>386324813
Can't really remember any comics showing clones interacting with each other. Am I missing something?
>>
tf2 was fun do someone want to play with me
>>
File: Halo_tears.jpg (136KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Halo_tears.jpg
136KB, 512x512px
>>386324594
>Not until much later
CoD and Halo both predate TF2. In Halo's case by about 6 years. It plus CoD are to blame for the shitting up of FPS games, not TF2.
>And honestly, the first Call of Duty is actually pretty good
Alright, leave out the first CoD, it's the later CoD's we're talking about.

Halo introduced regen health, 2 guns limit, more standardized and slow movement, autoaim guns, dedicated grenade button, consolization of FPS aiming, etc etc
>>
>>386324825
>I see nothing wrong with a MOBA having way more than 9 characters
Each character becomes blander, rather than TF2's focused and fun characters, from a comic and dialogue perspective.
Having more characters also means you have a harder time remembering what every hero does in any given moment and keeping their silhouette in mind, whereas in TF2 there are 9 silhouettes you have to recognize and instantly you have a general idea of what they're going to be capable of when you see it.
>>
File: 1415024830148.png (1MB, 2222x2096px) Image search: [Google]
1415024830148.png
1MB, 2222x2096px
>>386325202
>tfw got the halo
>tfw people got so mad they downloaded skins from FPSbanana replacing the halo with the word "FAGGOT"
>>
>>386325340
The funniest part about this is that I swear this happened like mere hours after the update drop, I remember going onto an Arena server that same day and already seeing the halos replaced, made me lose my shit
>>
File: the medic arsenal.jpg (92KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
the medic arsenal.jpg
92KB, 500x315px
When are Valve going to do something about this sad state of affairs?
>>
>>386324825
If Overwatch keeps trying to add more characters it'll end up with 4 or 5 characters with a hook like LoL does. Orisa and even Doomfist are pretty much just remixed abilities from other characters.
>>
You could run it on older PCs instead of needing one for 5k
>>
>>386325549
Overwatch runs better than TF2 though
>>
>>386325443
>give ubersaw a damage vulnerability while active
>valve are already fixing vita-saw, so no point complaining about that
>buff the syringe gun, blutsauger, and overdose to have passive reloading
>nerf crossbow's reload time, uber building, and close range damage
>buff vaccinator by reducing overheal penalty to 50% and tell comp faggots to git gud
>remove solemn vow's ability to see uber, only spies should be able to do that. also give it an equip speed penalty
>something something quick fix

done
>>
>>386312434
the picture makes me appreciate tf2's map design a lot more
>>
>>386325443
Xbow Uber building is near as fast as Kritz so Kritz isn't even viable right now.
>>
File: 1450052628087.jpg (146KB, 654x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1450052628087.jpg
146KB, 654x1018px
>>386325323
>>386325514
I don't disagree, but I still think games with systems like that should exist. Though actually TF2 constantly gives each class new weapons with new effects so realistically both approaches result in the players constantly having to learn what's going on. So TF2 gives each class more weapons whereas MOBAs lock characters into a specific moveset but then release new characters with slightly different movesets. The TF2 approach is sleaker but it also means that you won't quite know what kind of attacks the other player has whereas with MOBAs it's a bit bloated but you do know (almost) precisely what they're bringing to the table.

In either system at some point there either ends up being too many weapons or too many characters. It's up to the developer to know when enough is enough.
>>
>>386325340
I remember messing with people without the halo
for the day or two afterwards by playing medic and refusing to heal them because "they had been naughty".
>>
File: cp process joint.jpg (164KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cp process joint.jpg
164KB, 1024x576px
>>386312434
For me, it's cp_Process. Balanced, skilltastic and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>386325863
I'm still not sure how they determined which players were guilty. I wasn't a hardcore idler but I definitely spent at the very least 20 hours doing it yet I still got a Halo. I remember getting back from school one day and having my mom asking me about it because someone put up a porn spray or something and she wasn't sure what to make of what she saw on the screen after she accidentally turned it on while dusting.
>>
>>386326032
>Panic Room
>Al Qaeda
>Grass
>>
>>386326110
I think the players that used the external idler program that Drunken F00l made didn't get the halo. I'd know because I used that program, weird thing is I got the halo a year later anyways.
>>
>>386326196
Valve eventually distributed the halo to everyone who didn't get one anyways, just because.
>>
File: 1493011128528.jpg (37KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1493011128528.jpg
37KB, 600x455px
>>386324898
>If you're talking about Arena, that only came about because of the original Quake's and Quake 2's competitive scenes.

I am

> The original Starcraft was not designed to be competitive

It was thanks to Battlenet and the desire to pit 3 very different races against each other. In fact it got balanced over the years to be far more enjoyable.

I do agree with OW, it fails very hard thanks to Blizz forcing the game to be something is not.

>It doesn't matter whether the developers intentionally tried to make it competitive from the start or not. If the game has mechanics that lend themselves to comp, then it's a good comp game, regardless of intention.

That is the mark of a good enviroment in the games.

>Why are you blaming MyM on competitive players?

Ok you are right, you guys also got fucked over comp mode which is a travesty of what most people wanted.

The real culprit is the newwave of esport and how Valve feel preassure to do something to catch them yet they own lack of experience bite them in the ass.

>There is no good reason why TF2 shouldn't be played competitively.

Look, at the end of the day I dont hate or dont want comp in TF2, I think all groups should get the same treatment and nobody should hold more sway over another.

I guess I am kinda jaded after all this years of bad updates, sea of hats and all arround mismanagement of a game I am pretty sure you and I love the same amount.

>>386324956
>There is no such thing. Either your game is balanced or it isn't.

Well, TF2 is mostly inbalance, it was more of a case of stuff turned to 11 every mayor update which keep things going in a decent fashion over the years. In other words a wild balance.
>>
>>386326278
Is there a difference? Like one being Genuine or having a difference in the description?
>>
>>386312434

CP_well

The best map of the original stock

And Lumberyard, one of my favorite looking maps
>>
>>386326364
Don't think so.
>>
>>386326646
>>
File: pepe smile.png (425KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe smile.png
425KB, 1000x1000px
TF2 sits on the low end of mandatory skill for arena shooters, and yet it's still infinitely more competitive than Overwatch.
>>
>>386326289
>>386326289
>I am
well there you go. If it wasn't for community comp arena wouldn't exist.
>It was thanks to Battlenet and the desire to pit 3 different races against each other
Battle.net was released for Diablo, not Starcraft. Would you call Diablo a competitive game?
And on the second point. If "pitting 3 different races against each other" makes a game competitive, that would make every single game with asymmetrical sides a competitive game. Command and Conquer would be competitive for example.
>That is the mark of a good enviroment in the games.
And TF2 has a good environment for competitive play. It has mechanics which reward skill.
>I think all groups should get the same treatment and nobody should hold more sway over another
Balancing the game for comp benefits both pub and comp play as well. Comp players want stuff like Darwin's Danger Shield and Crit-A-Cola changed.
>of a game I am pretty sure you and I love the same amount
Of course.
>Well, TF2 is mostly inbalance, it was more of a case of stuff turned to 11 every mayor update
If everything is equally turned to 11 then your game is balanced. If some things are turned to 11 and other things are turned to 9, then your game isn't balanced.
There really isn't such a thing as "wild balance", and there's no styles of balance, the game is either balanced well or it isn't. Balance isn't an art, it's a science.
>>
So what could be improved with TF2's class synergy?
>>
File: 51b673f42c8ff.jpg (304KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
51b673f42c8ff.jpg
304KB, 1024x768px
Community Maps
>>
File: tf groot.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf groot.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386326943
Fucking SAVED.
>>
>>386327006
low skill floor, moderately high skill ceiling
>>
>>386327163
delete pyro, it's a garbage class
>>
>>386327167
Overwatch is so sterile and locked down it's disgusting.
Think about how awesome custom maps would be. Think about how cool it would be to allow for community hosted servers with servers browsers. These would take pressure off the dev team to be constantly creating new content but instead they've created an always-online game that runs everything through their servers.
>>
People forget how much shit TF2 actually did first

>taunts
>voice lines
>actual characterization in an FPS
>cosmetic items
>key and crate system
>continued updates for years that were free
>ARG stuff
>the pseudo-Pixar style you still see today
>sidegrade items for characters
>widespread item economy (with real money)
>in-game promotional item tie-ins

Makes me sad its fucking dead
>>
>>386327163
Give the Heavy Roadhog's hook.
>>
>>386327337
The concept of pyro (A flanking DPS class who assists the engineer) is not bad at all. Execution has a lot to be desired
>>
>>386327006
>>386327006
>TF2 sits on the low end of mandatory skill for arena shooters
That's fine. Easy to learn and hard to master is good game design.
>>
>>386327419
sauce?
>>
>>386327419
It's not dead, but if you mean dead as in the current community isn't like the pre-F2P era then you'd be right.
>>
>tfw TF2's downward spiral inspired you to make the next great class-based action game
>tfw Overwatch came out and you thought you had lost your reason for making the next great class-based action game
>tfw one year later you realize Overwatch IS the reason you need to make the next great class-based action game
>>
>>386327163
Give Spy a support ability like stealing enemy health packs to give to allies, or weakening nearby enemies so his allies do more damage to them, or something.

That's about it, I think TF2 is good for synergy on the stock classes.
>>
The community servers were the only thing that was keeping me coming back everyday. But all the servers I used to be a part of are dead and gone.
>>
File: 38383625.png (100KB, 360x213px) Image search: [Google]
38383625.png
100KB, 360x213px
>>386325340
>could track cloaked spies cause lol halo still visible
>>
File: team_fortress_2_bemutato_8.jpg (72KB, 600x288px) Image search: [Google]
team_fortress_2_bemutato_8.jpg
72KB, 600x288px
>>386327419
Team Fortress was also the first PC game to have classes and headshots. The series has always been a major pioneer.
>>
>>386327536
If it's good I'll suck your dick. If it's bad I'll fucking murder you for getting my hopes up.

Good luck!
>>
>>386327536
Got any details anon?
>>
>>386327539
You can change your disguise so you steal kits even at full HP and taking out the medic is enough to cripple a team alone. Not exactly what you're asking for but pretty close.
>>
File: 1448410090757.png (125KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
1448410090757.png
125KB, 500x206px
>>386327552
Same, the community was what kept me coming back as well.
>Weeabootique
>Idort's Revenge
>Toycave
>Spengeboob's Fightatron
>Fortress of Fapitude
>Lost Continents
No longer alive.
>>
>>386325340
That was an event.
>>
>>386327535
>nostalgia goggling about the pre-f2p era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95iwH1UsFC4
plenty of retards played in TF2 pre-f2p
plenty of smart and fun people still play TF2 post-f2p

There was a change, sure, but the real changing factor wasn't f2p at all, it was simply more people gaining access to computers and the Internet as we moved from the 2000s and Web 1.0 to the 2010s and Web 2.0, with all the faggotry and casuals that came along with it

Same thing that happened to 4chan, basically
>>
>>386327656
>You can change your disguise so you steal kits even at full HP
Shit, I don't think I've ever noticed that. Though it's been a while since I've played so maybe I just forgot. Either way that's pretty nice.
>>
File: tf mentlegen_by_generalutak.jpg (70KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
tf mentlegen_by_generalutak.jpg
70KB, 330x330px
>>386327656
I've gotta say, I thought I knew pretty much everything there was to know about TF2 and I didn't realize that. It's impressive how deep this game goes.
>>
>>386324825
>the Pyro has no specified Nationality.
isn't the pyro british?
>>
>>386327742
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you disguise a certain way to a class with more max HP than spy, you'll have 125 as that disguise and you can pick it up to act like you're healing as that person. I did it when the disguise was only missing a little in front a rocket jumping soldier and he started bitching at his actual teammate.
>>
>>386327793
>isn't the pyro british?
I uh, don't think so?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ
>>
File: tf class utility.jpg (80KB, 765x500px) Image search: [Google]
tf class utility.jpg
80KB, 765x500px
I want every class to be the best choice 11% of the time, and a good choice 50% of the time.
>>
>>386327974
>strong half the time
Demoman and scout are almost always useful. Scout is very map dependent though.
>>
File: ava.jpg (93KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
ava.jpg
93KB, 368x368px
>>386327624
I accept your terms.

>>386327638
TF2 meets GunZ: The Duel. Third-person only (because melee is a large part of it), three classes that play very differently from each other, and side-grade weapons for each class for variety.. Teamdeath Match and KOTH game modes. Five man teams. Three teams.
>>
File: 1436514551117.png (245KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436514551117.png
245KB, 287x400px
TF2 is a triumph of game design, which it should be after nine years in development. The fact that it's nearly 11 years old and still sits near the top of Steam's most played games is proof enough the game is very fucking good.

Meanwhile Overwatch has been steadily bleeding players. It's hard to blame them when Blizzard hires a creative writing major to balance everything, leading to characters like Roadhog being beheaded so the "new hotness" can instagib people instead.
>>
>>386306145
i don't have a significant amount of time in either overwatch or tf2 so i don't really know how to describe it perfectly.
the different kits being able to completely change how a class plays without sacrificing its identity is a big part of it for me. it keeps them feeling fresh. there are very few overwatch characters i can say can replicate that feeling for me. in addition, the characters all being really interesting and funny, all interacting so organically is something very crucial. all of the characters in overwatch are insufferable retards, bordering on unbearable, somehow valve just got stereotypes right and blizzard didn't. i think it might have something to do with valve actively accepting them and even the negative traits associated with them, whereas blizzard tries to prove them wrong at the cost of writing shitty and bland characters.
>>
>>386327928
couponbug.com
>>
>>386327974

Spy will never ever be as useful as soldier, medic, demo, etc. and there's no way to change that without completely rebuilding the game
>>
It's fun because it's free and I run it on low settings because I play on my mommy's old windows xp computer and I hate games that require a video card!
>>
>>386327793
The Pyro's origin is a complete mystery.
>>
>>386328041
waifus are killing overwatch. tf2 has stood the test of time because of an all male cast
>>
File: 1501055693272.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501055693272.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
>>386328037
>Three teams
Not sure what to make of that. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Got a dev blog or something?
>>
>>386327809
Nah mate, I think your disguise will have as much health as whoever you disguise as. So if the enemy team's sniper has 82 health and you disguise as him, your disguise has 82 health. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
>>
File: tf2 creative process.png (230KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 creative process.png
230KB, 500x375px
>>386328026
Scout is less useful than other classes if you want to actually hold an area, if you want to make an assault on entrenched power classes, or if the area is cramped and narrow without room for you to freely dodge around enemies.
Demo is less useful than other classes if you want to rapidly or aggressively push, if the enemy is good at dodging and getting up in your face, if there are extremely cramped conditions where you can't attack without damaging yourself, or if there are large open spaces with no cover for your protection from hitscan classes.

In that sense they're not as universally useful as Soldier and Medic and they're not as almost totally useless as Pyro or Spy. They're in a good inbetween state.
>>
>>386328310
That may be it but it shouldn't be too hard to get a disguise to fuck with HP packs.
>>
>>386327974
I think people underestimate how useful pyro can be on defence. Airblasting bombs, rockets and ubers away from engi nests, kill sappers placed on spawn teleports, put out burning to death players, w+m1 into enemy team to push their frontline back. Obviously I'm talking about pubs but he's fun and definitely useful.
>>
File: tf kemptown.jpg (270KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tf kemptown.jpg
270KB, 1280x800px
>>386328026
>>386328365
Oh, with that said, I agree that it is map dependent, at the end of the day all TF2 classes are to some extent map dependent.

The best possible outcome for the game is that every class is the best in 11% of situations, the worst in 11% of situations, good in 50% of situations and bad in 50% of situations (based on map layout and what classes the enemy are running), and that maps are correctly balanced so that all 9 classes will have an area that benefits and hinders them per each life.
>>
>>386328390
Yeah, just cycling through a few will usually find one. Also you can take fall damage when disguised and pick up hp that way.
>>
>>386327974
i genuinely can't think how you would begin to make medic bad half the time. i think his balancing should be considered separately from the rest of the cast.
>>
>>386328310
I think you can still pick them up even if neither you nor your disguise target are hurt if you use the medic call.
>>
File: 1474786351261.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
1474786351261.gif
2MB, 162x149px
>>386328163

Have you ever actually sat and looked at TF2 from a modern lens?

>iconic characters being turned into explosions of blood and horrific gibs
>all the blatantly gruesome deaths like burning to death, being beheaded, disintegrated
>dominations existing at all
>characters insulting each other on a personal level and appearing to hate one another

But then they introduced Ms. Pauling and other "modern" shit that is jarring and weak. Did you ever really want to hear Demoman talk about scrims as if he's aware he's in a video game? Too bad, every character does that now rather than just Scout.
>>
File: DOSH.png (65KB, 360x611px) Image search: [Google]
DOSH.png
65KB, 360x611px
>>386327793

I like to think he is british.

Is a shame the old KF soundmod doesnt work anymore
>>
micspam and chill servers
>>
File: 1463328921422.jpg (41KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1463328921422.jpg
41KB, 460x345px
>>386328163
I guess that's why games like Metroid and Street Fighter and Final Fantasy and Fallout and Tomb Raider never got the traction for sequels oh wait
>>
File: 1490133851954.jpg (92KB, 512x378px) Image search: [Google]
1490133851954.jpg
92KB, 512x378px
>>386328395
>when you're on fire and deliberately run up to the Pyro and mash E while your skin melts
>they just keep walking

>>386328539
>KF soundmod
The what?
>>
File: 1460853201011.png (277KB, 392x380px) Image search: [Google]
1460853201011.png
277KB, 392x380px
>>386328510
Holy fuck, really? I gotta try that. You best not be pulling my leg, anon.
>>
File: penisdildo.jpg (15KB, 548x414px) Image search: [Google]
penisdildo.jpg
15KB, 548x414px
>>386325340
ahh, memories
>>
>>386328096
>I hate games that require a video card!
You only play text adventure games on your printer?
>>
>>386328530
>nearly chokes to death on cyanide
>gets punched in the face and a broken nose
>all her blood is sucked out by a robot
>is electrocuted
>cries
>blatantly needs the male cast to win her battles

Pauling isnt bad
>>
>>386328594
>comparing those characters to "nerf this XDD" waifubait
okay kiddo
>>
>>386317374
>It fell for the diversity of mechanics meme.
literally the point of Team Fortress in the first place.
>>
>>386328625
also it was actually a server plug-in that changed it, so everyone saw you running around with faggot over your head.
>>
>>386328594
yeah but those games are for faggots, tf2 is fun
>>
>>386328530
>all the blatantly gruesome deaths like burning to death, being beheaded, disintegrated
The gore in TF2 is pretty weak to be quite honest. Like 90% of their body just disintegrates and the rest just crumbles to the ground.
Compare that to the explosive geysers of chunks in Quake.
>>
File: tf pyrh.jpg (62KB, 624x296px) Image search: [Google]
tf pyrh.jpg
62KB, 624x296px
>>386328395
>I think people underestimate how useful pyro can be on defence
Defence only takes up 50% of total playtime in a game, and out of that 50%, Pyro is not even the best defensive class for most of the jobs you mentioned, sadly.

For example, what you said about airblasting and sapping. In many situations it's simply better to have another Engie than it is to have a Pyro instead. Engie can sap too, and can actually repair an ally's Sentry from all kinds of damage rather than just protect it from explosive damage; sure, Pyro can knock back the Uber from a Sentry, but Engineer can build a second Sentry of his own which makes it more difficult for the enemy to push, and outright kills people better than Pyro can.

W+M1ing? Other classes like Heavy, Demo, and Soldier can do that much more effectively since they do better damage, are (Demo/Sol) more mobile, have more HP, and aren't confined to close range.

As for putting out burning players, the only reason people will be on fire is if the enemy is using a Pyro too, and they're not going to be doing that because he's underpowered statistically. Extinguishing is a mechanic that solely serves to counter the Pyro himself, not an actual reason to pick him.

Pyro seriously needs a rework and expansion of his offensive abilities (range, mobility) in exchange for a higher skill requirement, so he can actually be a PYROMANIAC class, rather than a support bitch with a mostly unfulfilling lifestyle which most people do better.
>>
>>386328776

Yeah but Quake is old. Could you imagine anything like that in Overwatch, or any other game blatantly wishing to be TF2?
>>
I'm gonna throw out some criticism, feel free to chime in.

Overwatch has a couple classes that are near useless in certain maps and game modes. TF2 had the same problem, but they fixed it by adding several game modes where the favored classes changed. They also added new weapons that let those disadvantaged classes play in a new way that actually worked. (I'm looking at you mini sentry in arena.)

Overwatch ultimates actually distance you from the action. You didn't do the cool thing, you pressed Q and became artificially more powerful than everyone else for a short time. Sure, blowing up a team with Pharah's ult is fun for awhile, but it doesn't compare to playing Soldier, landing every rocket and wiping a whole team. When you're heart is pounding and you really feel like you earned what happened, that beats pressing Q any day.

Overwatch maps fucking suck. I wish I could say that in a nicer way, but they fucking suck. You know that one map where attackers have to go through a choke point right out of the gates? You know that one map that is curved and everyone always takes the inside of the curve because its the shortest distance to the objective? You know that map with tons of dead space that rarely, if ever, sees actually combat? You know that map where dying means you have to run for a fucking minute just to reach the fight again? How about that 2 CP map where the first objective is super easy to take and the second is nearly impossible? Or that hybrid/payload map where the second objective is almost non-existent because of spawn distances?

I couldn't fucking believe how much running was in Overwatch. They took the worst map design of TF2 and made it their design bible. Please for the love of fucking god just add 10 seconds to the respawn timer and DONT make me run all the way back.
>>
File: 1443795952886.jpg (24KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
1443795952886.jpg
24KB, 300x419px
I feel like TF2 peaked from 2009 to 2012 but never really crashed. It's such an anomaly to me that this game remained consistently great for its entire existence so far despite even the most questionable of additions or changes. It will always, and continue to, hold a special place in my vidya heart.
>>
File: 1462076525025.jpg (59KB, 1001x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1462076525025.jpg
59KB, 1001x1147px
>>386328856
I concur. This game will probably always be in my top five, at least.
>>
File: vr tf2.png (50KB, 1010x1010px) Image search: [Google]
vr tf2.png
50KB, 1010x1010px
>>386328530
>Did you ever really want to hear Demoman talk about scrims as if he's aware he's in a video game?
Scout's line about ragequitting has been in TF2 since day 1, anon.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Scout_responses#Domination-related_responses
>>
>>386328613

Cant find the original but it was KF Briar voice for the Pyro
>>
>>386328824
That's not what I was talking about, though.
Besides, DOOM 4 is evidence enough that goriness still has a market in shooters.
>>
>>386328963
Did you forget to read the next sentence?
>Too bad, every character does that now rather than just Scout.
>>
>>386321642
>Even GTA5 consistently has more people playing it on the PC
>a game with more than 100 millions $ of marketing and tailored to the lowest comon denominator managed to beat a 10 years old game who had next to no marketing
woah
>>
File: 1451519983651.png (325KB, 354x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451519983651.png
325KB, 354x350px
>>386328850

Comparing the two is pointless. They're apples and oranges.

>TF2
>made in 2007
>by video game geeks, for video game geeks

>Overwatch
>made in 2016
>for positive PR, loot box sales and your mom

Nobody would argue Overwatch is non-competitive (except maybe Blizzard, since they're desperate for that esports dollar.) Even the pros acknowledge it's shallow.
>>
>>386328501
The trick is to simply make him less effective at what he does.
Reduce his passive health regen and reduce his base healing rate from 24/sec to 15/sec. Change crit heals from being based on time out of combat, to being based on damage recently done by the Medic or his heal target, so that it's less easy to achieve high amounts of healing.

Also add a HUD icon so that Medics can see the status of crit heals. It'll make Medic a bit more skill based when healing is based on his/target's damage done, and be more intuitive.

Finally we need to rework/nerf his weapon unlocks. Crusader's Crossbow and Ubersaw have replaced the stock options because they are much better. Nerfing them to the level of stock (keeping the skilled, interesting parts but introducing new downsides) will bring Medic closer back to the more balanced class that he was on TF2's release, and will also allow Medics more loadout choice.

Finally change Heavy, Engie and (slightly tweak) Demo to be less defensive and more offensive. This will make Medic's Uber less of a vital choice to push through their defensive structures, if they themselves can be used on offense to push through defenses, and if defenses aren't as strong.
>>
>>386328729
Read what he says immediately afterward in a reply to himself. He's calling the diversity of mechanics meme a good thing.
>>
>>386306145

There wasn't an existing team shooter for sad sack misery-lovers on the internet to compare it to. Other than the permavirgins who think TFC is the pinnacle of team based shooters.
>>
>>386329208
>24 to 15
Are you trying to kill this class or something?
>>
>>386328850
this, i couldn't have said it better tbwh
>>
>>386328850
>I couldn't fucking believe how much running was in Overwatch.
And the worst part is that the """running""" in Overwatch is SO. FUCKING. SLOW. Literally every TF2 character besides the Heavy moves almost twice as fast as Tracer.
>They took the worst map design of TF2 and made it their design bible.
And the worst part is that if you point this out to the drones playing the game and actually try to have a rational discussion about it they just respond with "HAHA UR JUST SALTY THE GAMES FINE LOOK AT THIS NEGATIVE NANCY BEING ALL BUTTMAD HAHAHA WHAT A FA**OT!!"
>>
File: 1466177075278.jpg (30KB, 512x432px) Image search: [Google]
1466177075278.jpg
30KB, 512x432px
>>386329330
>play Tracer for 0.8 seconds
>"okay I get it, this is the scout-like class"
>realize she's not because she runs at normal speed
>and doesn't double jump or have any persistent mobility
>all she has is a dash that feels unfair because it has immunity frames and no indication of where she's going
>and a reset button constantly on cooldown in case you take one hitpoint of damage

Then people wonder why she's always, always, always meta and a top-played hero at every level
>>
>>386329264
therefor, it's not a meme.
>>
>>386329014
Whoops, I did forget.
Fine then: Dominations. Domination lines in and of themselves are a blatant acknowledgement that it's a video game and that you're killing the same person repeatedly.

Demo also always had the "everybody bloody hates you campers" line.

And I don't see why it's okay because it's "just Scout" but wrong when other classes do it too?

Sure it's a bit cringeworthy to hear the game referencing itself, but it's always been that way, anon. And just like it was then, it's still only occasional.
>>
>>386329330
No, the worst part is that they try and say "B-but Overwatch has lots of movement mechanics too" as if designated movement skill on a 10 second cooldown is even worth bringing up.
>>
>>386329287
No, I'm trying to make it equally useful to the other classes.
Medic will still have Ubercharge which is insanely powerful.
>>
>>386329495
Yeah to be fair he was overusing the "meme" meme.
>>
File: playing in america.png (148KB, 311x228px) Image search: [Google]
playing in america.png
148KB, 311x228px
>>386311585
>Heavy has a Russian literature doctorate, it's just that English is his second language

soldier tho
>>
>>386329451
>realize she's not because she runs at normal speed
That's the sad thing. Tracer and Genji actually do move faster than the others, but only slightly (5.5 m/s vs 6 m/s). It's like they wanted to make them faster but didn't want everyone else to be jealous.
>>
File: 1467001691507.jpg (213KB, 1737x587px) Image search: [Google]
1467001691507.jpg
213KB, 1737x587px
>>386329207
>Valve
>video game geeks
Anon...
>>
>>386329614
To put this into perspective, 15 is what a lvl 2 dispenser does. What you're proposing is changing Medic's healing from above a lvl 3's to a lvl 2's. That is insanely retarded.
>>
>>386329754
Does the concept of "time" elude you?
We're talking about 2007.
>>
>>386329683
I would say Soldier is less "retarded manbaby" and more "insane and obsessed". There is a difference, after all.
>>
ITT: delusion
>>
>>386306145

No chat filter to make hug box idiots feel safe

>gg ez
>>
File: awful.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
awful.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>386329754
>literally implement in in-game item called "Gabe Glasses" because your look is iconic
>then proceed to wear generic numale glasses
>>
>>386329803
>What you're proposing is changing Medic's healing from above a lvl 3's to a lvl 2's
No, I'm proposing changing Medic's BASE healing. Which is different from what it will be in practice.

Crit heals are currently based upon how long you have been out of combat. The longer you're out of combat, the more the Medigun heals you, up to 75/sec.

I'm proposing changing "out of combat" to "combat damage dealt in last 20 seconds", similarly to how random critical damage chance works, but without the randomness.

So if Medic's heal target deals no damage, he will get 15HP/sec. If the Medic's heal target dealt 300 damage in the last 20 seconds, he will get 50HP/sec.

It'll be a similar overall healing output to how Medic is currently, but shifting the balance from out of combat to in combat, and forcing the Medic and his target to have some skill for the Medigun to have an actual impact on the fight. During a fight between two players with Medics backing them, the one who dodges more and takes less damage and has their Medic contribute some damage to the fight will get more healing.
>>
>>386329817
And Steam was introduced in 2004.
You'd be foolish to think they weren't Jewy as fuck then.
>>
>>386306145
was fourteen when i played it and had tons of IRL friends who did too. overwatch not so much
>>
>>386329207
I think a good comparison would be Dota 2 and League of Legends. Similar games but they appeal to different audiences, and that is perfectly fine. Good, even.

I was just ranting as a TF2 fan that wanted a decent successor out of Overwatch.

>>386329330
Yea it is almost unbelievable they left class movement speed nearly uniform. (I think tracer and genji move slightly faster?) It makes melee combat awkward as fuck and means "fast" classes have to spend their abilities to actually be quick, crippling their combat effectiveness. So fun!

>>386329451
And blizzard considers her the baseline to balance the game around.

>>386329572
>>386329741
There just isn't any innate SPEED in Overwatch. Lucio wall jumping around like a mad man is pretty fun but then you are playing Lucio, the most boring hero in the game otherwise. Sure Junkrat and Pharah can do their own rocket jumps... every 8 seconds. Just picture Soldier or Demo only being able to rocket jump every 8 seconds. Or Scout only being able to double jump every 8 seconds.
>>
>>386330073
Old Blizzard could be described as nerd Jews too, could they not?
>>
>>386330073
>And Steam was introduced in 2004
I like Steam though.
>>
>>386330228
Literally nobody liked 2004 Steam though.
>>
>>386330053
His base healing is fine. If you're going to change the crit healing then change the crit healing, not the base healing. Doing that could fuck up class balance as a whole. Heavies wouldn't be able to soak damage as effectively from soldier or demo and less active classes, aka anything but soldier and demo, would get shafted a good deal, pyros wouldn't be able to live long enough to airblast an entire uber as often, etc.
And if a Medic is contributing damage then he isn't doing his job, which is healing.
Your proposal is worse than what currently exists.
>>
>>386329754
>implying the 2016 option isn't the best
please goyim. stop fooling yourself
>>
File: ip.jpg (102KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
ip.jpg
102KB, 1280x544px
>valve and blizzard used to make video games instead of marketplaces
>>
>>386329330
>>386329572

IDK why TF2 fanboys get so upset about how casual OW is. I played TF2 for 8-9 years. I play OW now. I don't know if you faggots remember but before OW came out, there were people in every TF2 just like you guys saying how causual TF2 is. How the (((mechanics))) just aren't the same and how it babies the player because you couldn't consistently bunny hop or rocket jump fast/far enough.

Not to mention most of you idiots think because the game has illustrative characters, a fast guy, a guy who builds turrets, and a guy who shoots rockets, it must be just like TF2. It's not. It's not a shooter. It's not supposed to be a Quake rip-off. It's a shooter only in that some characters have guns and shoot things. There's no real ammo management (just reload which is technically a cooldown time for your gun ability), there's barely any health pickups. It's a light, first person moba but even that's not a correct description because it doesn't have lanes or anything else moba-like outside of abilities and lotsa characters. It's just a game of abilities and cooldowns. Some of those abilities are guns and some of the characters resemble TF2 characters but they're not comparable.

If you play OW because you want a new TF2, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>386306145

There was more downtime and class chemistry.

In Overwatch, it's pretty much a constant skirmish on. It has a very unrelenting, set pace, and time cannot be wasted. Team composition and playing as a unit is also much more, and you can see similarities to MMO PVE.

In your general TF2 pub, it's a big, fun, hectic war. You can just pick whatever you want/the team needs and fuck off to whatever pathway along the map, and if you perform well enough as your class you'll help the general war effort.

The irony is that TF2 is very fun as a casual game, but has obvious competitive merit. Overwatch, despite having streamlined mechanics and generally being a casualized version of the class based shooter, is infinitely frustrating when played casually and ONLY satisfying to play with a cohesive and cooperating team.
>>
File: 1501286881382.jpg (100KB, 571x642px) Image search: [Google]
1501286881382.jpg
100KB, 571x642px
>TF2
untradeable items make me ANGERY but what mes me almost as angery is the fucking plebs who cant even do MvM right. thinking about buying a phone just so i can trade
>>
File: yer ugleh.gif (2MB, 250x316px) Image search: [Google]
yer ugleh.gif
2MB, 250x316px
>>386330318
>His base healing is fine. If you're going to change the crit healing then change the crit healing, not the base healing
It's not fine, because if I changed the crit heals without changing the base heals, Medic would simply become more powerful overall, since the change to crit heals makes him a better healer in the fight itself.
The point is to make Medic a balanced class who isn't useful 100% of the time and that's what I'm doing.
>Doing that could fuck up class balance as a whole
Class balance is ALREADY fucked up.
Pyro and Spy are useless most of the time, Heavy and Engineer are skewed too heavily to defense and almost nobody enjoys Heavy as a result, and Medic is a mandatory class if you want to win games.

All the objections you brought up for Heavy and Pyro are problems with those classes themselves.

Change is necessary, anon. You're scared of change for no good reason. Let's say somehow I was wrong and it WAS a bad idea (though you've given me no reason to believe so). If true, we can just change it back easily. There's no reason to be afraid.

I know where you're coming from because initially I was worried about making changes to Medic's base mechanics too. But I got past it when I realized there was no good reason not to do so. You agree that Medic is too permanently useful. It's a problem we can solve by taking the obvious option. What more do I have to do to convince you?
>>
File: solo queue in Overwatch.jpg (177KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
solo queue in Overwatch.jpg
177KB, 500x750px
>>386306145
Characters have room for customization and their combat effectiveness/mobility aren't designed around cooldown times, allowing for more flexibility in how characters can be played and more room for players to distinguish themselves with skill.
>>
>>386328856
>>386328931
>'09-12 literally the time I played it
>greatest fun ever had in a game
>sucked balls hard at the beginning but never felt rage or frustration unlike anyother game
>met people that I still play with after all these years
>nothing will ever top that period
It's bittersweet anons
>>
>>386330616

yes, those foolish people thinking a class-based objective-based shooter with a cartoony art style would be like TF2
>>
>>386330808

Heavy and engineer are supposed to be heavily skewed towards defense. How is this even a complain? Spy by the very nature of the class will never be that useful against competent players outside of one-off picks from time to time. The only real balance shortcoming is pyro.
>>
File: 1491457304600.jpg (45KB, 351x477px) Image search: [Google]
1491457304600.jpg
45KB, 351x477px
>>386330678
This is the best post.
>>
File: 1447371949883.png (470KB, 750x525px) Image search: [Google]
1447371949883.png
470KB, 750x525px
>>386330616
>I don't know if you faggots remember but before OW came out, there were people in every TF2 just like you guys saying how causual TF2 is.
And? Those are people that hate TF2. I don't hate TF2. I don't hate Overwatch either. I just want what's best for it and the way Blizzard is balancing it is absolutely not what's best for it. Not for the casual audience and certainly not for the competitive audience, regardless of what their opinions on TF2 happen to be.

>Not to mention most of you idiots think because the game has illustrative characters, a fast guy, a guy who builds turrets, and a guy who shoots rockets, it must be just like TF2.
No, but it quite clearly was inspired by TF2. I liked TF2 and I wanted it to be like TF2. I'm not saying it has to be like TF2 just because that's what I'd prefer but right now it doesn't really excel at being anything at all. It's some weird boring middle-ground. You basically stated this in your own post.

>It's not a shooter.
Yes it fucking is you moron. Of all the "things" is it, "shooter" is the most central.

>there's barely any health pickups.
There's as many health pickups as there are in TF2. One of the Heroes has an ability where half of it's purpose is to hack health pickups to accelerate their generation.

>Some of those abilities are guns and some of the characters resemble TF2 characters but they're not comparable. If you play OW because you want a new TF2, you're doing it wrong.
A lot of people got excited for Overwatch because it looked like TF2. They quickly realized it wasn't. Those that didn't like Overwatch for that particular reason immediately went back to playing TF2. Case closed.
>>
Was '11 to '12 the ideal time to jump ship?

I quit when they added the WETA workshop weapons and the Deus Ex promo items. It wasn't perfect before that, but that really felt like jumping the shark. Promo items for the sake of promo items, it was no longer about class mechanics or balance or the existing art style.
>>
>>386330678
seconded
>>
>>386331012
>Heavy and engineer are supposed to be heavily skewed towards defense. How is this even a complain?
You know, if you aren't a fast-paced damage-dealing and offensive class, modern players will flag you as "boring".
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-02.gif (31KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-02.gif
31KB, 500x492px
>tfw once TF2 dies shooters will become a wasteland that just gets worse and worse following Overwatch's influence
And here I thought Call of Duty was bad.
>>
I'll never forget how hard Gaben cucked me with the TF2 store. My weapon was accepted and released for free 30 days before the Mann Co. Shop went live with similar items that made their creators $60k+.
>>
>>386331273

What you made anon?
>>
>>386331012
>Heavy and engineer are supposed to be heavily skewed towards defense
That isn't good game design. It's not fun for Engineer and Heavy players to miss out on playing their classes in offensive situations because they aren't viable (where people who enjoy Demo/Soldier/Medic can always play their class no matter whether they're on offense or defense), and it's not fun for everyone else because Engineer and Heavy being so strong on defense causes stalemates and ruins symmetrical game modes.

That's why it's a complaint. If Heavy and Engie were less defensive and more offensive, they would still be unique classes, and they would cause less stalemates and be enjoyable more often for their mains.
>Spy by the very nature of the class will never be that useful against competent players outside of one-off picks from time to time
Why is that? Because he spends so long to get a pick, meaning he wastes time running around invisible. If he had a support function inbetween getting picks, to sabotage enemies, that time wouldn't be wasted.
>The only real balance shortcoming is pyro
And you agree there so hopefully I'm getting through to you. Changes to Medic making Pyro not be as supported won't matter since Pyro himself needs to be changed anyway.
>>386331198
Dude, Heavy's own fucking mains flag him as "boring". That's a bad sign.
>>
>>386331343
The wrench with a bottle opener welded to it.
>>
Engineers could play offensively. But then they buttfucked the mini-turret because of Scout mains crying like babies.
>>
>>386330808
>since the change to crit heals makes him a better healer in the fight itself
Then change it in a different way, numbnuts.
>that's what I'm doing
What you're doing is making him shit more than half the time. You're leaving healing the same for classes that can deal damage constantly and in most situations but making it worse for everyone else. It's not a good trade-off.
>b-but muh pyro and spy
Pyro and Spy both have their uses, especially Spy. Neither are useless, though it could be argued that Pyro is not useful enough overall.
>Heavy and Engi are skewed too heavily to defense
>defense classes are skewed to defense
I wonder why the fuck that could be, Einstein.
>All the objections you brought up for Heavy and Pyro are problems with those classes themselves
Problems that are softened by the existence of a Medic that can actually apply healing worth a damn. A Heavy is made to soak up damage but both Soldier and Demo can deal him damage without being in his line of sight so your change would reduce the healing he receives from 24/s to 15/s and that's a shitton of HP he's not getting when holding a position. The fact that you're deflecting this issue shows how much you have not thought this through.
>You're scared of change for no good reason
I'm scared of poor decisions like yours. If a change is good I will gladly welcome it.
>b-but it's good because I made it
You need to remove your head from your ass.
And Medic was made to be useful. Every class needs HP and having someone that can refill it is indispensable. TF2 was designed to pretty much have a Medic on each team. It's why he's basically defenseless on his own.
>What more do I have to do to convince you?
Stop deflecting the issues your changes would cause as just faults with the game and stop trying to make a key class completely worthless, which would make the less versatile classes worse in the process.
>>
>>386331397
>That isn't good game design.
Like hell it isn't. Snipers in video games in general exist primarily for defense but are you going to try telling me the Sniper is bad game design? Game modes like CTF and King of the Hill exist where players are always in a state of attack and defense so that's not even a problem. More importantly, those classes have weapons that help change their playstyles to support roles like attack. The Engineer has mini-sentries and the Frontier Justice, for example, while the Sniper has stuff like the Huntsman.

The Heavy does need work (which is why it's sad the Pyro won the update) but it's not because he's more of a defensive character.
>>
File: huh.png (153KB, 502x414px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
153KB, 502x414px
>it's 2017
>engineer still doesnt build level 3 shit immediately so he's cucked out of good vantage points before the round begins
>>
>>386331534
>weapon got accepted
how do they accept weapons? what increases the chance of an item being accepted? are there any item contest thingys going on now?
>>
>>386331534

The southern hospitality?

>With the Mann-Conomy Update and by extension the release of the Mann Co. Store, the creator of the Southern Hospitality emailed Valve co-founder and managing director Gabe Newell to thank him for his item's inclusion. Newell responded to this by purchasing 10,000 Southern Hospitalities from the Mann Co. Store.

Is that trivia true or just PR bullshit?
>>
>>386331648
Puro needs a rework as much as Heavy.
>>
>>386331704
No idea.

>>386331720
It's true. That was the only real money I made from it over my two years of getting paid, but it was still a nice gesture.
>>
>>386331397
>That isn't good game design
My ass. Your way of thinking is how shit like Street Fighter V comes to be.
And Heavy can be played offensively and it's been debated that he can do it better than Pyro. He can push forward and simply outdamage other classes in a direct confrontation most times and with a medic he becomes a priority target since he can just soak up the damage that his teammates would otherwise be taking. This mostly just applies to payload, KotH, and 2CP though since other modes benefit more from better mobility.
The Engi was never meant to be offensive or have much killing power on his own. Even with minis, his job is to fortify a position and otherwise provide support. If you don't like it, play a different class or get good enough that you can shit on everyone using the unique benefits an Engi comes with that other classes don't have.
>>
>>386331817
You think he's gonna get a "rework", or will they just release new weapons and tweak some old ones?
>>
>>386331842

I see so you dont ger a single dime anymore. What a shame.

Know this anon, I like your wrench even when the no crits is very crippling on engie.
>>
File: sap this.jpg (5KB, 277x272px) Image search: [Google]
sap this.jpg
5KB, 277x272px
>anyone pretending TF2 is still playable
>every server is full of hackers because it's the only part of the game that still makes money
>people are developing bots to use aimbots to shut down entire servers, even making new steam accounts to continue
>90% of live human players are literal children and babies
>you will watch a heavy stare at a level 1 sentry shooting him to death with the shotgun out, firing at it and missing, and this will be a normal occurrence
>the few people left are just prehistoric autists who sound just as speech-disabled and retarded as they did back at launch
>>
>>386331925
They did claim "rework" and that Heavy would get his after Pyro did but with how few people work on this game that could be a very long time or even never.
>>
File: MEDYC.jpg (578KB, 1214x716px) Image search: [Google]
MEDYC.jpg
578KB, 1214x716px
>>386331613
ignoring all the ad hominem which is not an argument
>What you're doing is making him shit more than half the time
Except I'm not. And again you bring up the argument about offclasses when I already showed it to be pointless.
>defense classes are skewed to defense
>A Heavy is made to soak up damage
And it isn't good game design.
Having a bullet sponge that creates stalemates is NOT ENJOYABLE TO PLAY AS OR AGAINST. That's why like 1% of the community actually plays Heavy. He's boring.
Heavy's design needs improvement to be an actually good concept. I'm not deflecting the issue, and I have thought it through. You're just ignoring the argument that I already made, which is that Heavy's current state isn't a reason to not change Medic, since Heavy needs changing too since nobody likes his design.
>Every class needs HP and having someone that can refill it is indispensable
You say this while also saying that if I reduce Medic's healing-per-second by 10 that he'll become "completely worthless". Are you listening to yourself? Make up your mind. Are healers indispensable or aren't they?
>and stop trying to make a key class completely worthless, which would make the less versatile classes worse in the process.
There shouldn't BE such a thing as a """key class""".
The point of a class based system is so that players can choose the playstyle they enjoy. Having an overpowered class who is mandatory to win, and you have to pick if your team doesn't have one even if you don't enjoy him, runs contrary to that fundamental purpose.

It's cancerous game design, pure and simple, to have a class you're forced to pick. It benefits nobody's enjoyment.

And I'm not trying to make Medic 'worthless'. I'm trying to make him balanced so people only pick him if they enjoy him. Again, you forget that Uber exists and how strong it is.
>>
>>386332008
Use the server browser and you seem to bypass a vast majority of the hackers, last I checked. But it's been a while since I've played.
>>
>>386332017
Huh. Well fingers crossed, because that sounds interesting.
>>
>>386331648
>Snipers in video games in general exist primarily for defense
TF2's Sniper doesn't. He can be used both on offense and defense, and frequently is.
>Game modes like CTF and King of the Hill exist where players are always in a state of attack and defense so that's not even a problem
CTF is ruined BECAUSE Engineer and Heavy exist. You can't capture the intel on 2fort because of 9 Engineers in the basement, and that's why CTF doesn't work as a game mode since neither team can capture the enemy's intel, so it ends in a stalemate.
>The Engineer has mini-sentries and the Frontier Justice
The mini-sentries simply aren't enough for actually pushing against competent players since they're vulnerable while going up, and the Frontier Justice only works if the enemy team is much worse than you.
>The Heavy does need work (which is why it's sad the Pyro won the update) but it's not because he's more of a defensive character.
Heavy will never be enjoyable for the wider community until he is made less defensive and more offensive. Being a damage sponge who slowly waddles around holding down M1 until he gets headshot is neither fun to play as, nor against.
>>
>>386332008
All these cat-bots # scare the shit out of me.
They are everywhere, there are at least 10 in every server, which nullifies the role of kickvoting.
But the worst thing is that they can easily change name so that nobody will understand if they are bots or not.
And Valve? Doesn't care.
>>
File: 1449300779567.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1449300779567.png
484KB, 574x516px
>>386332410
>cat-bots #
The what?
>>
>>386332028
>Except I'm not
Except you are. Outside of direct combat, both HP packs and a lvl 3 dispenser does his job better at 15hp/s and if the increase scales with how much damage they've done then it's even worse than just having been in combat since there's still a range where you heal less than a lvl3 dispenser. On top of that, a lvl 3 dispenser also refills their ammo and isn't limited to just one target. Your changes would effectively make Medic useless on defense, aside from an Uber to counter the attacker's Uber, and make Engi the mandatory class in his place, requiring him to build his dispenser in forward positions in order for the team to get adequate healing. Like I said, you aren't fixing anything. You're making it worse.
>And it isn't good game design
How the fuck is it bad game design, retard? Fucking tell me. Because I enjoy being able to use Heavy's fat ass to force my way through chokes that otherwise wouldn't be possible with weaker classes. His high HP paired with a medic and his high close range damage makes him a decent threat when pushing against any form of resistance, especially after his minigun got buffed against sentries. It forces the team to focus on you and your medic or lose the point and that in itself can allow the rest of your team to perform their class's duties better aka teamwork.
>I have thought it through
Not enough clearly.
>Are healers indispensable or aren't they
Read above. The job would simply change from him to Engi since Engi would then be more effective at it, at least on defense.
Medic is not mandatory to win but greatly helps.
Design that you don't think is good is not bad game design, it is simply design you don't like.
Stop trying to act like what you think is the right thing to do and not just what you think is right, especially when you've been torn apart like you have.
Get rid of this cocky attitude like you think you're inherently right. It makes you a fucking tool.
(You)
>>
>>386332481
>Cat-bot 1
>Cat-bot 2
>Cat-bot ...
You find them more and more often in casual servers. They are always grouped and they all have aimbots and similar hacks.
I don't know why they called them "cat"-bots.
>>
How did this game's economy shit itself?
Steam Market Place?
Time making more Metal?
What is it?
>>
>>386332615
Greedy trading-bot owners.
>>
File: civil.png (731KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
civil.png
731KB, 1000x563px
>>386331857
>My ass. Your way of thinking is how shit like Street Fighter V comes to be
Not an argument.
>And Heavy can be played offensively
Not as effectively as other classes can, outside of Payload. And offensive is not the whole discussion, but defensive use too. Anyway, your argument is that Heavy gets spammed by enemies he can't attack back, as an argument against Medic's different crit healing. If Heavy was actually useful as everyone else both on offense and defense, that problem wouldn't exist.
>le get gud
An irrelevant argument when even at the highest level of play Engineer does not get used on offense. He's simply not offensively viable compared to other classes.
>The Engi was never meant to be offensive
It doesn't matter what they intended, anon. It matters what is the best possible game design that brings fun to everyone.

The best possible game design is a TF2 where every class is equally viable no matter what side you're playing on (good choice in 50% of possible situations in a life, bad choice in 50% of possible situations in a life), unique, skillful, and does not cause stalemates. Players in such a TF2 choose to play what they ENJOY without being at a disadvantage.

That's what TF2 could be if Medic, Heavy, Engie, Pyro, and Spy weren't the way they are.
>>
>>386332584

His main account worth like $2000 was banned manually by Valve, so he promised to make the bots even harder to detect and ban/votekick.
>>
>>386332615
There is theoretically an infinite amount of metal and finite amount of keys
Also scrap.tf basically kills grassroots trading since everything is faster and automated
>>
File: (you).png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
220KB, 500x372px
>>386332410
>And Valve? Doesn't care
You realize they manually VAC banned the guy who made them two days ago, right? Across all his accounts, including his main.
>>
>>386332481
Found a video too:
https://youtu.be/h-0c9QscZd8
>>386332684
Oh boy, now I finally understand.
>>
File: 1469420356368.png (1000KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469420356368.png
1000KB, 960x720px
>>386332684
And then Valve sues him like Blizzard did with some hackers and his life is ruined. Maybe I should email Valve with that suggestion.
>>
>>386332740
And sure it worked out perfectly, huh
>>
>>386332798
Beside the point, nigger. You said Valve doesn't care, I showed you they do care.
Point me to a F2P game that's eradicated hacking.
>>
>>386306145
Denial
>>
>>386332661
>le not an argument
It's a perfectly valid argument. You thinking something is boring or not fun causes classes to become more homogenized and play more similarly, just like with SFV. Nuance is thrown to the wind so everything can fit your misguided vision.
So what are you gonna do? Give Heavy a fucking grenade launcher so he can deal indirect damage back? His inability to deal damage back to soldiers or demos outside of his sightline has NOTHING to do with his speed or stats but with his weaponry. His lack of mobility puts him in that situation more often but his HP makes it so he can do so effectively. Making Medic worse makes Heavy worse and that's a product of your change, not the game as it is.
>He's simply not offensively viable compared to other classes
No shit, retard. Try reading. He is made to fortify positions. You don't see him in 6s because there's no time to fortify anything but last but you certainly see him HL and his role is very important on both offense and defense due to his utility.
>It matters what is the best possible game design that brings fun to everyone
Your definition of fun is not the same as everyone else's definition of fun. A lot of people don't like direct combat and would much rather fortify a position and provide support via teleporters and dispensers. This is the major flaw in your thinking and you have yet to acknowledge it. There is a class for everyone in TF2 and what you want is for every class to only be for people that like direct combat when they can just pick scout, soldier, demo, or heavy instead. Or if they're stubborn, pick Engi anyways and do their best with what they have.
>The best possible game design is a TF2 where every class is equally viable no matter what side you're playing on
This game is not deathmatch. It's based around teamwork. Each class has situations that they're better in than others. They each have their uses. This is not bad design. It's well designed and you have yet to prove otherwise.
>>
File: 1501754655443.jpg (2KB, 125x55px) Image search: [Google]
1501754655443.jpg
2KB, 125x55px
>>386333019
holy shit
>>
How to fix the Spy
>friendly fire
>>
>>386327419
so much cancer in those
>>
File: vipes.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vipes.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>386332575
>>386332575
>Outside of direct combat, both HP packs and a lvl 3 dispenser does his job better at 15hp/s
Yes, when the Medic's healing target is not good at the game or won't partake in combat, the Medigun will be a whole 5HP/s less useful than a fully upgraded stationary healing building. Wow. Congratulations, you have successfully identified the intention of the change.
>Your changes would effectively make Medic useless on defense, aside from an Uber to counter the attacker's Uber
Hey retard. Did anybody tell you there's a spot between "useless" and "mandatory"? It's called BALANCED.
Ubercharge is the single most powerful mechanic in the game. You call him useless then you offhand mention "oh yeh he has uber lol xD". You're a fucking moron.
>since Engi would then be more effective at it, at least on defense
What's so wrong about a game having two interchangeable healers instead of one mandatory one? And why do you keep fucking forgetting the Ubercharge exists???
>Because I enjoy being able to use Heavy's fat ass to force my way through chokes that otherwise wouldn't be possible with weaker classes
You criticize my attitude. You need to work on your own. You think that there is no playerbase outside of your own head. Heavy is the least popular, least mained class in TF2. Why? Because his design is not fun to play as. This is an almost universally agreed fact, even by Heavy mains, except that you've become extremely stubborn as you got invested in this argument, and refuse to admit it to yourself.
I already explained the problem with defense skew. See here. >>386331397
>Get rid of this cocky attitude like you think you're inherently right. It makes you a fucking tool
I've tried to be polite and not be cocky about how self-contradictory and shortsighted you are, but you're making it pretty fucking difficult when you continue to insult me, make me repeat myself, and turn this into the standard /v/ shitfling by being a rude cunt and a stupid one at that.
Thread posts: 541
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.