[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Konami would have the nerve to make Metal Gear Solid 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: !.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Do you think Konami would have the nerve to make Metal Gear Solid 6?
>>
Only as a mobage or pachinko machine.
>>
No, they're to busy making money off metal gear pachinko
>>
I'd actually be very interested to see what KDE does with a MGS6 and the Fox Engine. While we might not get something in the realm of Kojima's work (not really a big deal anyways seeing as MGS4, PW and V weren't exactly 10/10) we still might get something to the equivalent of Castlevania Lords of Shadow or Silent Hill Downpour, that is, an attempt.

Anyways, it's just more Metal Gear, it's not like old KDE veterans who stayed even after Kojima left could make a worse story that Kojima?
>>
>>386304248
>Konami
>making videogames

Konami offices are only populated by accountants and suits, the only creative people there are the janitors and cleaning workers
>>
>>386304701
What is the new bomberman
What is Metal Gear Survive
>>
No but they'll remake Metal Gear
>>
>>386304789
A reboot and a meme
>>
File: YFW.jpg (9KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
YFW.jpg
9KB, 400x224px
>>386304248
I'd kill for a Metal Gear remake
Not Snake Eater. Not MGS
Metal Gear.

Highly doubt Konami would actually go through with this since all they seem to do now is make Pachinko games, but I would like to see some different shit in this "fantasy game"

Chapter 1: Outer Heaven
>Play as Venom
>Recruit staff like Machinegun Kid, Duck, Vulcan Raven
>Kidnap Madnar
>Construct Metal Gear D and Bloody Brad
>Become full demon
>Fend off the UN, basically Cypher

Chapter 2: Foxhound
>Play as Big Boss and Kaz
>Gotta train young David to be a soldier
>RPG style
>Snake's health, proficiency, CQC, Rank depends how how well you do
>Learn the basics of infiltration etc

Chapter 3: Gray Fox or Operation Intrude N312
>Play as Frank
>Infiltrate Outer Heaven
>Some boss fights
>Basically a MGS game within itself but with the same rules as European Extreme

Chapter 4: Operation Intrude N313
>same infiltration
>different item placement
>guard routes different
You get the idea

Final Boss fight with Venom should feel like a boss fight and not just rocket spam
>Rocket vanishes from your inventory
>try to fight Venom in various ways
>CQC battle like 4
>You "lose"
>Rocket appears outta nowhere
>Win

Alternate Chapter:
>Snake vs Venom
>play as Venom
>beat his ass
>see ending
>think game is over
>TIME PARADOX
>Fight again
>Snake kills you

Shit would be pretty dope honestly if they were to pull through. Sadly, they won't
>>
>>386305951
Eh, all the really cool stuff happens in mg2.
>>
>>386305951
Sounds like a cool idea balancing the new Revelation that that their were two big bosses for a time to the first game.

There are alot of really cool story elements that can be improved by just adding better context.
>>
>>386306292
You're right for the most part. However, I wouldn't mind for MG to be remade into a "better game." The original was fun, but it could really use an update. Now that V kinda messed up the timeline

MG2 is still very enjoyable even to this very day. It could get remade as well and if they just had some good features and some nice additions on top of the remade game shit would sell.

Metal gear doesn't need multiplayer, it really doesn't.
>>
>>386305951
I'd love to see Outer Heaven in Fox Engine with a layout similar to something like Bioshock or the new Prey - something really show off the size of the facility and how big a project Big Boss was building.
>>
>>386306727
This.
Actual content, a full game, and not MP shills or silly DLC skins is really what people want.
>>
>>386305951
Remakes aren't a very compelling idea to me. I'd rather see new stuff.
>>
>>386304248
Directed by

Kideo
Hojima
>>
>>386307203
It'd be more of a reimagining then a straight remake.

The story takes on a whole different meaning with 4 and 5 existing as they do. And with each character have more full devolpment, the characters aren't just action movie cut outs, they're more human then they were before and a recreation of the events of metal gear would be an entirely new experience.
>>
>>386307203
Why? 4 wraps everything up.
>>
File: 1450371946363.jpg (202KB, 694x595px) Image search: [Google]
1450371946363.jpg
202KB, 694x595px
>>386307203
I understand that.
However, new stuff under the Metal Gear IP would end up being treated like Survive.

If they did a remake of MG1 and MG2 then moved on to new stuff they'd easily sell consumers on a new MG or a completely different IP all together.

I figured that Konami has the FOX engine and will continue to use it for a long ass time. The MOST LOGICAL step would be to do a remake since V "did well enough" but they're still yearning for more cash-grabs and losing die-hard fans. Making a remake would easily peak the interest of those "fans."

Pushing new shit under the "Metal Gear" banner would be pretty "meh" unless the story completely changes. Obviously, you're going to need a new character. But who? Raiden? Old Snake? Sure as hell aren't going to do another Big Boss.

I'm not saying you have a bad idea. In fact, it's probably what they'll end up doing. My question to you is what do you expect from them in terms of "New shit?"
>>
>>386304248
I hope so. Now that Kojima stops fucking things up the game will actually be good
>>
>>386307543
>The story takes on a whole different meaning with 4 and 5 existing as they do
Kind of, but the core is the same. Either way we know what happens.

A more conservative remake that retained the classic style like, say, Metroid Zero Mission might be neat -- but I would still prefer a new story that did new things with new characters.
>>
>>386307762
A new timeline with a new setting and new characters (but still retaining the heart of Metal Gear as a game concept) could lead to good stuff. Kojima himself even offered this suggestion around the time of MGS4's release.
>>386307828
See the above.
>>
File: 1496552161222.jpg (5KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496552161222.jpg
5KB, 175x200px
>>386304248

They probably will if the writers other than Kojima are still with them. Sony is allowing Kojima to have movie stars in Death Stranding so they can probably afford to have some of his old staff work with him in his new studio.

As for konami they'll probably do so if they decide to test the waters with more metal gear stuff after survive. They know people aren't wild about it so they're most likely trying to make it good to an extent.

After that who knows they might actually at the VERY least make a fuckin real remake of MGS3 only because they rendered everything in the damn pachiko game.

Metal Gear is their money maker outside of pachiko, unless they decide to try something else from one of their other franchises....
>>
>>386304248

Unfortunately I don't think anyone in the right mind would allow an MGS6 to be made without Kojima. The man's influence on the franchise is too damn strong. He was deliberately hands off with Twin Snakes just to illustrate to the world what Metal Gear would be without him as a failsafe in case anything happened to him.
>>
>>386308083
Reimagining is fine too. As long as they don't ham it up with cut content or have meaningless DLC
>>
>>386308640
>Twin Snakes
Was fine at the time, but yes people still hate this shit from what I've seen in other threads
>>
>>386304248
What happens if they do make a MGS6 and it ends up being better than anything Kojima has ever made? Will his legacy be destroyed?
>>
Capcom kept making all their franchises after the people behind them left.
>>
>>386308806

I liked it, but it was pretty clear that something was 'off' with the game.
>>
>>386308823
I think it will highlight to more people the fact that Konami is and always has been filled with many talented developers in all fields who have been unfortunately subdued to the point of irrelevancy by the company, and that the only reason people know of Kojima as a figure in the industry is because he took MGS and made it a suicide vest against Konami, should they have ever attempted to do to him what they did with others.

Think about it, you've got developers and designers responsible for series' like Bomberman, Suikoden, Silent Hill and Castlevania literally working as janitors and gophers/
>>
Why would Konami do this?
The story is over and done. Can't go anywhere now and Raiden cannot carry a MGS game.
>>
>>386308918
Yes, but majority of them went to shit.
I.E. SFV

It's sad that the only games that could possibly save them are RE 2 Remake and MVCI
>>
>>386308806
Most of the hate I've seen is because it added first person aiming without redesigning the maps making it much easier that the original mgs1.
>>
>>386309220
$money$
>>
File: 1452743119931.png (115KB, 474x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452743119931.png
115KB, 474x200px
>>386309328
some cutscenes were cool, but alot of them were pretty over the top. I liked alot of them, but I couldn't help but kek when snake did that backflip,dodging sniper fire, kicks up the rifle, and magically aims it for a killshot
>>
I wanna see fox engine in a full fledged action game
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.