[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post bosses that are literally unkillable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 47

File: rebel flagship.png (96KB, 566x511px) Image search: [Google]
rebel flagship.png
96KB, 566x511px
post bosses that are literally unkillable
>>
Mind Control and getting rid of the missile room asap then it's completely manageablliterally impossible if you don't get rid of that missile room though
>>
>>386303232
You lose if you don't have hacking
>>
File: 1473814537740.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1473814537740.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>386303585
>finally defeat flagship
>jumps away
>make it 5 games later
>mfw 3 phases

Level 1 cloaking to dodge bursts in phase 3.
>>
>>386303008
With teleport you can easily cripple the flagship since all weapon rooms are isolated. On hard it's trickier but can also be done.

Git gud
>>
>>386303008
Get cloaking to avoid those triple missiles.
While boarding their ship to rid them of the artys.
Sooner those artys go down the better off you are.
>>
>>386305815
bait
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>386305073
>reach flagship for the first time
>have a boarding party themed ship made up of mantis and rock men
>board the ship, break the guns, and then kill every single crew member

>game pulls some bullshit about an AI
>the AI is vastly better than the actual crew, why the fuck wasn't it always on by default?
>whatever
>blow up ship anyway with just boarding crew

>ship warps away even though it's defeated
>for some reason warping causes all my crew that's still on board to die, even though there's absolutely no reason they would die from that
>both the engine and the pilot room are destroyed so it would be literally impossible for it to move in any way whatsoever but it still fucking warps anyway

absolute bullshit. How the fuck was I supposed to know that the ship could warp without a pilot, without an engine, and after being destroyed?
>>
ree
>>
>>386306943
It's scripted. I never thought about it but what you say sounds actually possible.

You got fucked hard.
>>
I've only got 17 victories on that cunt.
>>
File: MHF2-Basarios_Render_001.png (822KB, 1357x858px) Image search: [Google]
MHF2-Basarios_Render_001.png
822KB, 1357x858px
>>386303008
I seriously cannot tell if I'm doing any damage to this brute.
>>
File: 20170806003052_1.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170806003052_1.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>tfw only hard wins are with the ez-mode ships
>>
>>386311162
>tfw can't even win easy on Engi B
>>
File: 1408690558443.png (188KB, 1008x630px) Image search: [Google]
1408690558443.png
188KB, 1008x630px
I've had this game since the advanced edition came out and I still have yet to beat this bastard even once.
The RNG in this game is legitimately bullshit, and I say this as someone who is not new to roguelikes or roguelike-esque games.
>>
>>386312289
Yeah, most roguelikes you can overcome the RNG with skill. Not so much with FTL. Micromanaging and pausing can only take you so far, if you don't get good weapons or modules it's game over
>>
>>386312289
The RNG can absolutely fuck up a lot of your runs, but you can greatly improve your chances if you can adapt and roll with the punches.

I used to think it was impossible to win if I didn't get top tier guns, but then I learned to use drones, and boarding parties and cloaking, and your odds of winning go up greatly when you're flexible to different strategies.
>>
>>386303008
Just use the Kestrel B.
>>
>>386303008
Stop being trash.
MK II burst lasers and a glaive beam and it's gg.
Flak cannons can work as well. but not as effective, I've found.
>>
I just hate how much of a brick wall this boss is. Gradually ramp up the difficulty leading up to it, at least, so I don't waste my time with a sub-par build going into the final fight. The game's just too easy to skate by up to this fight.
>>
Nothing a boarding party can't fix
>>
>>386314510
What level are you playing at? Hard throws crazy things at you like 3 Burst Laser 2s plus a beam weapon on a drone with 5 levels of shield. That's way harder than the boss could possibly hope to be.
>>
>>386305073
I can't tell if you are being cleaver or you posted Mokou by accident
>>
File: IMG_4112.jpg (65KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4112.jpg
65KB, 560x315px
It literally has no weakness
>>
>>386312289

Have you tried lowering the difficulty?
>>
>>386313597

Flak and glaive is free win-tier. Burst Lasers will sometimes lol RNG on you and not take the shield down on the flagship.
>>
Pierce lasers. Firing speed augments. Focus all but one weapon on shields, have the other attack one weapon at a time. I beat it my second try.
>>
File: ZOE2Anubis.jpg (316KB, 2000x1606px) Image search: [Google]
ZOE2Anubis.jpg
316KB, 2000x1606px
Duh.
>>
>>386314798
Well, I play on normal. I guess I should just play on Hard, then.
>>
File: the end.png (96KB, 1348x544px) Image search: [Google]
the end.png
96KB, 1348x544px
WHEN I SAW YOU THERE
>>
>>386306943
This is why the fucking game is trash. Literally goes completely against the games rules to fuck the player over.
>>
>>386315761
Final boss is pretty challenging if you are used to the difficulty of normal.

The problem is that it's very easy to cheese the final boss on normal because the weapon rooms are cut off.

So it's this strange area of difficulty due to poor setup. If you have the bare necessities then the Normal final boss is easy. If you don't, you're fucked.
>>
File: 1089237490825.png (326KB, 420x317px) Image search: [Google]
1089237490825.png
326KB, 420x317px
Don't mind me, just doing some stretches here.
>>
>>386306943
You really should have known better than to leave your crew on the enemy ship when its health is almost dead. If you had done that with ANY OTHER ENCOUNTER they'd have died. So why act so casually about their lives this time?
>>
>>386316098
He deserved his failure and so did you
>>
File: Lisa_Trevor.png (439KB, 682x947px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa_Trevor.png
439KB, 682x947px
>>
>>386312289
Play it on easy. If you STILL can't beat it after several tries you're just bad.

Make heavy use of pause during combat, if you need to think longer about strategy.
>>
Hack the medbay, damage it, and gas every motherfucker who goes in to fix it except for the pilot.

Kill that missile launcher ASAP. Save cloak for power surges. Lowering the cloak power to 1 actually helps you sync up with the recharge on the power surge (and gives you more energy to put elsewhere obviously)
>>
File: the joneses.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the joneses.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
if you're a bitch maybe
>>
>>386317913
I assumed that once I completed the goal of the game I wouldn't need any of them any more. I just left my pilot on the main ship.

>>386318114
Why? The game did like 5 things at once that the entire game up to that point made clear was impossible in a combo move that fucked me over (ship warped with no engine, ship warped with no helm, ship warped without charging first, ship warped after already being destroyed, ship continued to function with no crew)

It would be like if you were playing chess and got the enemy in "checkmate" and they said "hey i just came up with a new rule right now, where if my enemy is wearing a white shirt I automatically win. Oh you're wearing a white shirt, I win". Just complete random crap that makes no sense that screwed me.
>>
>>386306943

So you thought the ship was going to blow up and you left your crew on board to die? You should treat your loyal Xenos better.
>>
>>386318529
You are ignoring the fact you left them on a ship with zero health and let them rot. The flagship is their secret weapon. Is it impossible that it had a backup emergency warp drive? Not really.
>>
>>386318529
It might have screwed you on the first run through, but you learned it's abilities and adapt to them on your next play through, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>386318838
I guess I just shouldn't have worn a white shirt that day.

The problem here is that it's a pure "gotcha" moment. It's not a matter of tactics, or not making my ship strong enough, or not paying attention to the game rules, or not being skilled enough. It just changed the rules with no indication at the very end with no warning so I needed to replay the entire game because of it. I mean, what if you played this game and attacked the ship with a laser weapon, and it reflected and instantly destroyed your ship because the secret weapon has a special laser reflection power? Would you defend that? After all, of course the secret weapon will have cool abilities! Anything goes, with no warning! Oh, you have the letter "J" in your ship name? Will the special weapon has J tracking missiles, better restart the game now for that mistake you had no way of predicting!

What I'm getting at here is "it's a secret weapon" doesn't justify this crap
>>
>>386306943
Literally could of been avoided if you had a clone chamber
>>
>>386319465
>It just changed the rules with no indication at the very end with no warning
You emptied out its health with your crew on board. Them not being on the ship still when you caught up to it is arguably EXACTLY the same as every other encounter had you left your crew on board when its health reached zero.

>what if you played this game and attacked the ship with a laser weapon, and it reflected and instantly destroyed your ship because the secret weapon has a special laser reflection power?
Not comparable. You didn't lose because of some rock/paper/scissors immunity. You didn't recover your crew.
>>
>>386308674
I had something super similar happen my first time through. Really my issue with the final boss is that it limits viable winning conditions and restricts them so you are required to have one of three things to deal with the ridiculousness of the final boss.
>>
>>386319517
Even with the equipment I had I could have easily avoided any problems and defeated the mothership if I had known it was going to cheat
>>
This entire thread is full of brainlets
I literally beat this thing half an hour ago and I'm on acid
There's no 'one way to do it' or 'thing you have to do' you just have to know your strengths and weaknesses and know how to manage them and shore them up
>>
>>386306943
Same thing happened to me, lost my entire boarding crew when I could have recovered them.

I thought "well shit, that sucks" and then restarted the game, learned what to do from my previous game and beat it in my next try. Who cares if they throw in a new game mechanic for the final boss? The game is only an hour long and meant to be replayed.
>>
>>386319715
The mothership could have been coded to blow up partially and continue fighting in the same place. The fact that it warps away and kills your boarding party makes it a rock/paper/scissors which means you can't do the finishing blow with boarding party unless you're willing to lose at least 1 crew member

What if you want to do a run with literally only boarding parties and not a single gun on your ship? That's viable from the start of the game until the last second of the final bosses first phase when it fucks you
>>
>>386306943
The goal is to kill the entire crew except the one in the Ion Cannon room, it makes it a cakewalk
>>
>>386320042
winning a slot machine doesn't make you a genius, it makes you lucky
>>
>>386306943
Welcome to ftl
Git gud
>>
>>386320124
Except it wasn't hard or a matter of luck, I powered through it with a Glaive Beam and good use of a cloaking bay, it's never hard unless you fuck up your run or they get a lucky shot in and it spirals downhill
>>
File: cthundeadsh.jpg (239KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cthundeadsh.jpg
239KB, 1920x1200px
C'thun, prior to being retuned/patched was actually impossible to kill.
>>
>>386320065
>The fact that it warps away and kills your boarding party makes it a rock/paper/scissors
No it really doesn't. Do you know what I even meant by "rock/paper/scissors?"

It jumps away so it can initialize the next phase of battle. You can even capitalize on this period of time and visit one of the healing station nodes (granted it better be damn close).

You are desperate to mark this failure as "not your fault" but you made a critical error of leaving your crew on board when its health reached zero. So keep going "Nuh uh! Th-the developers fucked up!" You still made a mistake.
>>
>>386318246
i literally cant beat this shit on easy senpai

the farthest i got was phase 3 with lainus cruiser
>>
>>386316134
The layout of the ship changes with difficulty? I didn't know that. I'm a shitter who's only beaten the game on easy, but I figured that it couldn't be that hard on the other difficulties.
>>
>>386320357
How long have you played? Are you missing some critical game mechanic?

Easy runs are really hard to lose once you've played for few hours.
>>
>>386320357
You've got to learn how to deal with the different phases, just pay attention to how they attack and counteract them
My biggest pro tip for losers is a cloaking bay, using it at the right time can turn the second and third phases into a cakewalk
>>
>>386320279
There is a great discussion to be had about this. Put short - the absolute best Vanilla raiders would pale in comparison to the absolute best legion raiders. Mechanics are so much harder/numerous, and people have perfected playing the game to the point of not even wasting 1 gcd. Same goes with reagent uptime/usage, etc.

I'd be really fucking curious to see if a group of legion raiders with unlimited gold + BiS gear could be pre-nerf cthun.
>>
>>386320357
Maximize the number of jumps you do in a sector. Visit as many nodes as possible, so you can get the max amount of scrap possible. Learn which weapons and subsystems are worth scrap (Scrap recovery arm/drone recovery arm for starters). Stay ahead of the curve as best you can so you can leave every area with extra scrap.

Granted you can still get fucked by random events, but if you get enough scrap out of random engagements you'll still probably be in good shape.
>>
>>386320330
oh he left his crew on board the final boss when it was left with no capability to warp and no hp. what an idiot.
clearly he should have already known that the ship could pull an hitherto unseen bullshit mechanic out of its ass that breaks the games own established rules, crippling his run.
>>
File: gassing.png (3MB, 1873x1035px) Image search: [Google]
gassing.png
3MB, 1873x1035px
GAS
>>
>>386320330
If you're doing a "boarding party only" run, there's no way to make the mothership go into a phase shift without leaving one of your crew onboard to do the final health bar hit. It literally is fucking over specifically boarding party strategies with this. In a bast case scenario if you play it perfectly two of your crew die.

>mistake by leaving your crew on board
The way I saw it there were two options. If it was destroyed, I win. If it wasn't destroyed, my crew is fine. If the game had just broken one rule it would be no problem. The fact that they warped without an engine, AND had a second phase, AND killed my crew even though the ship didn't blow up was unpredictable.
>>
>>386312289
>not owning the game and beating it before AE
>>
>>386303008
Use fire bombs in the main weapon rooms.
No one but the gunners can get there.
They die burning and screaming to never hassle you again through later phases.
You are welcome.
>>
>>386320609
If a ship reaches 0 HP at any point in the game, it dies and so does everyone on it including your own crew. Therefore he should have expected his crew to die and prepared a rescue. This isn't a change of rules. You are letting the arbitrary "It warped away instead of exploded" difference cloud the issue.
>>
>>386320609
>kill the enemy ship with your crew still on it
>they all die
It's no different then any other fight. The only issue here is that he thought the game would be over when he won the fight so his crew dying wouldn't matter.
>>
>>386320769
If the ship blew up at 0 HP, that would mean I won. That's specifically the reason I didn't bother getting my crew back

So basically your logic is this:
>You should always assume that what happens when a ship hits 0 hp ALWAYS happens without exception

>Also, you should never assume that what happens when a ship hit 0 hp always happens, there will be exceptions!
>>
File: 1404693492846.png (200KB, 472x448px) Image search: [Google]
1404693492846.png
200KB, 472x448px
>>386320660
Nobody should ever rely on one subsystem to win. FTL is a game that rewards flexibility. There should be no pure "boarding party run." You should have a missile launcher or SOMETHING in reserve. Maybe a drone attack subsystem.

You are expecting to be rewarded for being inflexible due to arbitrary self-limitation of a specific type of "run." If tying one hand behind your back isn't viable, MAYBE DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!
>>
>>386320769
>>386320782
>kill final boss
>NUH-UH! It has super-secret instant warp technology and is actually completely fine. oh btw your crew is dead now, no refunds :^)
>>
>>386320874
No anon. Shut the fuck up. You lost your men because you're fucking retarded. Learn from your mistake and git gud you shitter
>>
>>386309174
>bait into explosive rocks
>large barrel bomb+ x2 exposed chest
>dies
wow so hard although this only worked on the multi basarios fight
>>
>>386320874
You assumed the game would immediately end after destroying the flagship in a single fight. This was an assumption you made with no basis besides your meta knowledge of game mechanics. Don't get annoyed when your assumption blows up in your face.
>>
>>386320660
>>386320874
I still don't see why it's upsetting you, yes it's a new mechanic in the game you hadn't seen before, but you can just replay the game,
as intended and beat it on your next try.

Why is that so bad?
>>
File: 1501879594057.png (50KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501879594057.png
50KB, 554x400px
>>386320660
Since when can boarding crews do actual healthbar damage to the ship?
>>
>>386320982
>kill final boss
>seriously didn't expect a multi-stage boss battle on the FINAL BOSS.

Final bosses are like the one place you can most reliably anticipate multiple forms.
>>
>>386321095
They can attack systems which cost 1 damage to their hull
>>
>>386320660
Yup, boarding party strategies basically don't work against the mothership, stop complaining about it and try something else
My favourite ship in the entire game is the Mantis B, I just deal with the fact that makes the mothership borderline impossible

You just gotta get over it

get back to me on frustration with FTL when you've spent a month trying to get the fucking Crystal Cruiser unlocked
>>
>>386321046
>he asumed the game would play by its own established rules
lol what a retard, am i right?
>>
>>386321095
Every time they kill a subsystem.
>>
>>386320660
Won't DNA bank prevent this? I've never tried this though
>>
>>386309174
These things suck as a dedicated DB user
Seriously fuck those sharpness destroying bastards
>>
>>386321141
didn't they add an alternate way to unlock the crystal cruiser?
>>
>>386321261
I don't know, I've been playing the same pirated version of this game I got in high school 3 years ago
>>
>>386321261
Yeah, it's called FTL profile editor
>>
>>386321161
>didn't anticipate the big boss, the end-game, the final enemy, to have some kind of trick up its sleeve or to otherwise behave differently than run of the mill enemies
Yes, what a retard you are. I'm pretty sure they even mentioned the multiple stage thing at some point.
>>
>>386320660
>The way I saw it there were two options. If it was destroyed, I win. If it wasn't destroyed, my crew is fine.
Well gee, I guess you were WRONG. Read this aloud and let the healing process begin:
>"I was wrong. I didn't play it safe and I paid the price. I made a mistake"
>>
>>386321230
You need a Clone Bay. Backup DNA or whatever the augment was called helps if your Clone Bay is damaged and you have dead crew
>>
File: 1406055807307.jpg (17KB, 320x375px) Image search: [Google]
1406055807307.jpg
17KB, 320x375px
>>386321141
>boarding party strategies basically don't work against the mothership

I'm not sure why plebs think this. Boarding parties are the best way to take out the missile launchers and weapons

once you do that you can recall them and start using your wepaons
>>
FTL babies getting BTFO hard in this thread
>>
File: oogy[1].gif (73KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
oogy[1].gif
73KB, 600x425px
>>386321067
>>386320976
It's upsetting because that's the only time in the entire game that I felt like the game cheated me and broke it's own rules.

When I try to rescue some stranded weirdo and he attacks my crew, I understand that was a calculated risk that I lost. If I end up in a bad situation in an Ion storm I can fight it off.

The game suddenly switched from an RPG to calvinball logic.

Also, I did learn from this fight about the bullshit boss mechanics and proceeded to beat the mothership with almost every ship design.

I'm just saying that in this otherwise good game, the final boss is just bad design and bullshit
>>
>>386321410
We were talking about using a boarding party as your main weapon, you know, like you can do for every other manned ship in the entire game

Seriously, who wasn't pissed off the first time they managed to wipe out the crew on the mothership and had it pull that "whoops now AI" crap
>>
>final boss phase 2
literally the easiest phase

phase 3 is borderline unfair though, it's almost impossible to beat without cloaking because of that fucking superweapon
>>
>>386321461
I haven't seen such an ardent defense of shitty game design in a long while.
FTLosers truly have no taste
>>
>>386321579
The rebel flagship going to AI wouldn't be so bad, if the AI ships didn't slowly repair their subsystems. That's bullshit, how the fuck can it repair itself if there's no crew to repair it?
>>
>>386321539
>Also, I did learn from this fight about the bullshit boss mechanics and proceeded to beat the mothership with almost every ship design.
I don't really believe you, given how absolutely devastated you are about this one run. The game has a learning curve, and learning the final boss has multiple stages isn't unreasonable.
>the final boss is just bad design and bullshit
Let go of the salt, anon. You fucked up.
>>
>>386321669
Anyone who actually tried to defend the Mothership as not shit design is an idiot
It can just be done and not with all that much difficulty
>>
Game has a great OST though.
>>
>>386321539
Luckily, you learned about it's "bullshit" from that run and were able to overcome that obstacle and beat the game on a successive attempt, even with the final boss' pulling "bullshit" on you. Ultimately making the "bullshit" part a minor inconvenience to an otherwise fun experience.
>>
File: Armstrong.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>386321718
All AI ships do that
>>
>>386321718
This is actually a good thing though. A crew stranded aboard the mothership can continually do hull damage thanks to this.

It's not ideal though, granted. I'd much rather it be disabled and do my damage from outside.
>>
>>386321789
this
>>386321834
I know that AI ships do that, and I think it's bad game design
>>
File: you what.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you what.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>boss can rechage it's zoltan shield

Whatever happened to "this shield can only be repaired by the energy from an FTL jump"
>>
>>386321826
>Luckily, after being cheated out of a win by horseshit new rules introduced at the last second, he knew to expect the game to cheat and to prepare on subsequent runs.
how is this acceptable?
>>
>>386321749
I'm not super salty about it, I'm just consistently amazed that you continue to defend such stupid design decisions.

>>386321826
It's specifically bullshit BECAUSE it's just a "gotcha" trap that only fucks you over once the first time you encounter it and then is never a problem again. It's kind of like when you're playing those "hard" Mario rom hacks and you bonk into an invisible block with no indication that makes you die. Sure, you won't die to it next time because you know where it is now, but is that really a good design element?
>>
>>386320146
anyone that unironically says git gud should be gassed
>>
>>386322075
i'm sending a lainus boarding party to his room right now
>>
>>386303008
on easy without the expansion enabled he's pretty manageable....
>>
>>386322019
CHEATING! THE GAME IS CHEATING! HOW CAN I BE EXPECTED TO ADAPT TO THIS?!
>>
>>386322019
It can apparently produce FTL energy from the ether so there's that
>>
>>386322019
>He expected the game to play fair
>he expected the game to be internally consistent with its rules
Fucking retard go back to COD
>>
>>386322237
>>386322186
>>386322178
>breaking your own lore is okay when FTL does it

FTLbabs are pathetic
>>
>>386322019
Classic game dev strategy to add "difficulty" by breaking rules or making them up just to fuck you over
>>
>>386322025
"Cheated" out of one win in a game designed to be beaten many different times. It's overcoming adversity from the game part of what makes beating it satisfying?

I don't understand why losing that one time is such a hardship in a 40 minute game. You still made progress in beating the boss and learned more about all it's abilities. I'd consider that a successful run early on.
>>
>>386322295
Gameplay trumps lore EVERY time. If a super weapon boss can generate a super shield, guess what? Gameplay reasons, motherfucker.
>>
>>386322295
but it's a prototype secret weapon ship so that justifies literally anything :^)
>>
>>386322295
>Giving a shit about the lore of a roguelike
FTL is for fun when you don't have time for a real game
>>
File: 1501879815825.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1501879815825.png
12KB, 477x539px
>FTL

Is this the game that speedrunners calculated can only be beaten on 80% of all runs on Hard?
>>
>>386322378
>it's not unfair!
>>yeah it is
>w-well it's okay that it's unfair because it only took you 40 minutes and the game has good replay value...
>>
>>386322452
>it's ok for a game to break it's own rules when you're fighting the final boss
>>
>>386303008
you just suck.
>>
how do you play this game efficiently?

wander arround the area as much as you can reading guides on whatever the event do?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>386303008
>>
For a roguelite, FTL doesn't have much content, even with the """"advanced edition""""
>>
File: Bahamut FFIII DS.png (68KB, 402x217px) Image search: [Google]
Bahamut FFIII DS.png
68KB, 402x217px
>>386303008
>>
>>386320414
The biggest difference is that the missile and laser rooms are no longer cutoff from the rest of the ship. So the typical destroy the missiles/lasers and then easy win no longer works because they have crew to repair the modules now.
>>
>>386322452
>FTL
>roguelike
Anon...
>>
>>
>>386322518
I don't think it's unfair, but even if you do, you didn't lose anything other than 40 minutes, and if you take into consideration that you learned what the final boss is capable of, than it was a productive 40 minutes
>>
>>386311162

What are the easy mode ships anyway? Everyone tells me crystal b but I can't get past even the first area with it, it has no shit.
>>
>>386322586
Look up Captains Edition
>>
>>386322586
This
The game is essentially a slot machine with a pseudo Star Trek space skin and no real tangible reward for winning
>>
File: 1459115006651.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1459115006651.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>386322586
So did you see other people baiting and decide to try your hand? Or are you the guy who murdered his own crew resigned to the fact no one is siding with you?
>>
>>386320976
>beat a man to death with one arm tied behind my back
>last second he pulls out a gun and shots me
>lmao kid shouldve known to bring a riot shield
>>
>>386322742
In my experience the generic ship is the most well rounded
>>
>>386322910
I like to use the federation cruiser but everyone tells me that it's really not that good
>>
>>386322742
Mantis ships, and the Fed cruiser, in my opinion.
>>
>he doesn't max artillery beam on the federation cruiser
>>
>>386322935
It's not
I seriously mean The Kestral
>>
>>386322978
But why?
>>
>>386322935
The laser subsystem is really very good as long as you have the scrap to build it up to worthwhile levels.
>>
>>386322569
I recommend reading guides unless you want turboautists on Chinese cartoon forums calling you an idiot for not anticipating enemies pulling rule breaking horseshit out of their ass at the last minute.
>>
>>386322896
You probably shouldn't be punching someone who could be carrying a gun. That's really poor decision making
>>
>>386320561
Pre-"nerf" C'thun had tentacles spawning inside the walls, being completely unkillable and wiping you due to being unable to control them at all. It was an unwinnable fight not due to skill at all.
>>
>>386322847
Several people in this thread have sided with me and I feel perfectly validated in my position.

Of course you have no way of knowing who posted what on 4chan and I presume you're the person who earlier went "nuh uh! no you didn't!" when I stated the fact that I went on to beat the game with almost every ship so I'm sure you'll come up with whatever fantasy about this discussion best suits your delusions
>>
>>386322742
Opinions ahead.

All Kestrels are good. B is pretty good due to having 4 laser shots.

All Engi are average except B which is a pain in the ass.

The Feds are all crap.

All the Zoltans are good if only because they start with the zoltan shield.

All Mantis are usually good. Some versions may have harder starts but once you get going you rip and tear.

Slugs are mostly for interesting strategies. They can be good.

Rock Cruisers are very RNG. Got missiles? No? You're fucked.

Stealth A is good. Stealth B and C are RNG. If you can get them going, you'll stomp everything.

Lanius A is good. Lanius B is perhaps the best ship.

Crystal A is bad. Crystal B is good but can have problem starts.
>>
>>386321826
>play tf2
>get killed by hacker
>complain about this
>"lmao git gud fgt"
>suck it up and learn to deal with hackers
>"see now you know he hacks so you can try to deal with his hacking"
>>
>>386320561
Not him but that's because the vast majority of raid bosses in vanilla were gear checks, because itemization was amazingly bad in vanilla.
>>
>>386323031
to be fair the "rule breaking horseshit" only happens one place in the entire game (final boss)
>>
>>386323074
>gun materializes out of nowhere
Dont recall the game stating it had an AI prior to the fight.
>>
>Game for all intents tries to teach you how to counter stuff as you progress
>Final boss breaks all of these rules
>Super drone attack, logic would dictate take out their drone bay LOL NOPE

The game is good but the flagship is a stain on it, I've gotten to the point where I can finish the game 90% of the time but I'm still not a fan of the flagship, it forces you to prep in a very particular way and there's practically no wiggle room on him.
>>
>>386323000
It has no strengths, it's a weak ship and the artillery cannon is supposed to make up for it but it doesn't
>>
>>386323219
You must've run into at least one AI ship on the way
Those weird ones without air
>>
>>386323074
>driving down the interstate
>concrete barrier pops out in the middle of the road
>>you should just expect something to happen that has no reason to happen
>>
>>386323250
No I mean why the Kestrel
>>
>>386323246
>Super drone attack

Oh god I totally forgot about that bullshit

And the superweapon working without any subsystem powering it also annoyed me at the time.
>>
>>386323132
I should add that every ship can succeed and minimize RNG, it's just a question of having different playstyles.

E.g. Most ships want to go straight for 2 shields first. But boarding ships might prefer to rush for level 2 teleport as that will allow you to board the auto scouts and hit their systems efficiently even if you only have a medbay.

Also pick your sectors carefully. A rock ship will have an AWFUL time in Engi sectors but a mantis ship will giggle the whole way while they dismember Engis.
>>
>>386323324
Do they ever have regular crews on board and only become AI run when the crew dies?
>>
>>386322646
but... it is a roguelike
>>
>>386323332
>not driving on the other side of the road and weaving between oncoming traffic just in case a wall popped up on the other side

you really only have your self to blame for not being more prepared
>>
>>386323332
Yeah that would suck, unfortunately it's not really comparable to a video game.

Why are you so emotional about losing one time in a video game you've beaten dozens of times?
>>
>>386323347
desu it's probably because it's the one I'm most used to
But it's just a solid ship, it has no weaknesses, it's good at everything, it has a solid layout and a fair amount of health
>>
>>386323369

Yea, basically most of the shit he throws at you, as someone that might have a few playthroughts to get there, they'd would logically conclude that they can shut down X attack by attacking the thing that corresponds to it, but again, the flagship breaks all these rules. Nothing you've learned applies to it.

Bare minimum to beat it, you need a stealth system, beyond that, a fully trained pilot, max shields and someone fully trained on the shields to tank the attacks if you don't have stealth and as much damage as humanly possible.
>>
>>386323534
You're talking to like 5 different people who think you're retarded for defending the mothership, not one person as you appear to believe
>>
>>386323416
Nope
It's the final boss

We were all pissed when we first ran into the AI, just deal with it
>>
>>386323324
Sadly I cant continue the analogy, but youre bending the rules over backward to justify the decision.
>>
File: 1356576126266.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1356576126266.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>386323614
>You're talking to like 5 different people
And how would you know it isn't just 2 different people? You can only account for yourself, anon.

Seems to me your web of lies is coming apart.
>>
File: NetHack.png (23KB, 649x498px) Image search: [Google]
NetHack.png
23KB, 649x498px
>>386323458
>not an RPG
>not turn based
>not tile based
You do realize that the name ROGUElike means "a game like Rogue," don't you?
>>
File: Sundowner.jpg (33KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
Sundowner.jpg
33KB, 600x639px
>>386303008
I'M FUCKING UNKILLABLE
>>
>>386323614
Alright, well I have no problem with people saying the flagship is bad because you have to design all your runs around beating it, and if you don't, you're fucked. I can see how people find that limiting to the game

I just don't understand why someone would get upset when they lose once because they didn't know it had other phases. That's a problem that you can easily overcome
>>
>>386323719
I'm basing my analysis on comparative writing styles and punctuation, with supporting data based on regional dialects and word selection. Then I came up with a random number and said it was that many.
>>
>>386323730
Nobody likes you or people like you
>>
Are we ever going to get a FTL 2.0? What are the developers up to at the moment, anyway?

Honestly, we all know that the Flagship is bullshit on some levels (though totally manageable and a fitting challenge), but there's some room for improvement for this game, so I wouldn't mind to see a sequel or something, as long as they manage to pull it off.
>>
File: 1400922801552.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1400922801552.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>386323857
Halo is my favorite roguelike
>>
>>386323939
They're working on a new game, Into the Breach. No plans for further development on FTL or a sequel, as far as I know.
>>
>>386323802
It's not just that it has phases. The flagship has like 10 features that are never encountered before that point or even hinted at, and it comes right at the end of the game so you need to take the longest time possible to see what the next bullshit gimmick will be to fuck you over.

Phases was just one thing. You also have the AI which is awful but I kind of understand because without it boarding parties would be too overpowered. Then it has the fact that it can attack without subsystems. And it can warp without subsystems. And the bot attack that doesn't need a bot control room. And some other stuff I'm probably forgetting right now. It's like an avalanche of crap
>>
>>386322579
/thread
>>
>>386323505
fuck
why didn't I think of that?
>>
>>386317913
Because it's not any other encounter. Its the FINAL boss ya doofus
>>
>>386323802
the problem with the final boss is that it's full of "gotchas" that will kill you the first time you see them then never bother you again because you know they're coming. there's no skill involved in defeating a gotcha because it can only get you if you're unaware of it, and it's unbelievably frustrating to get fucked over by a "mechanic" that is a complete mystery
>>
>>386324125
Well gosh, maybe he should have been extra careful against the ultimate foe.
>>
>>386324032
Yeah it was overwhelming when I first reached it, but once I learned how to counter everything, I can appreciate that the final boss isn't just another standard ship with more shields, or more health, or more guns. I found it more rewarding to beat a ship that seemed super overpowered and impossible when I first encountered it.
>>
>>386324014
Looks kind of cool desu

Also, maybe it's for the better. FTL was cool but it holds up well and doesn't really need a sequel as badly as other games. I just wouldn't mind one or something similar to scratch the itch
>>
>>386322295
>>breaking your own lore is okay when FTL does it
>"An unexplained technology creates this nearly impenetrable shield. Only the energy outbursts from an FTL engine are powerful enough to recharge it."
I think you've forgotten the fact that the Rebel Flagship has power surges, it's why it can power all those drones in the second phase, or alternatively fire all those shots in the third. It can either do that, or use that POWER SURGE to charge the shield, you've also forgotten that the shield itself has a lot more health in comparison to regular shields, is that cheating as well?
You're upset because the Devs wanted a "cool" multi-phase boss and had some oversights regarding it. You handled it in a way that the vast majority of players more than likely not during their first encounter with the final boss(purely boarding). Is it an oversight? Sure, but you're very upset and grasping for straws when you can just simply say that it's just an oversight and that it's shit.
>>
>>386324032

None of that matters because I really like the game so I will justify any bad/questionable design choice.
>>
>>386306943
>boss has enrage mode that only triggers if you try to disable it completely
>trigger it
>rage instead of just remembering it for the next run

>not thinking the final boss would also have multiple phases
>>
>>386324205
The fact that the boss is built up of a grocery list of gimmicks just makes it easier to cheese it, like by leaving one guy alive so the AI doesn't boot up
>>
>>386323641
>who cares that the game makes up its own rules when you're 99% of way through the game
>>
File: 1500934218017.jpg (43KB, 663x513px) Image search: [Google]
1500934218017.jpg
43KB, 663x513px
I beat it after a while with good RNG and the stealth ship
I still hate how the final boss ignored some game mechanics just to bullshit you
2nd phase was EZ but third was fucking bullshit
>>
>>386324194
Nah mate you're supposed to go all in like a mad lad. The game pulls a fast one on you without warning and it's completely unwarranted but you only make the mistake once at least.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>386324205
>beating the boss was rewarding because I memorized every dirty, rule-breaking move it was going to throw my way.
sounds like you just have Stockholm syndrome to me.
>>
>>386324293
>no other enemy can do that
>you have no way of knowing that the boss can pull tricks out of its sleeves endlessly
>"just git gud and be a psychic"
>>
>>386324449
I think most people probably haven't made that mistake. Considering leaving your crew on a dying vessel is dum.
>>
>>386320065
the answer you are looking for is "cloning bay" my friend
>>
>>386324449
>you only make the mistake once at least.
That's THE ENTIRE REASON people get pissy about the final boss. Half the difficulty is from the boss doing things that have no precedent and no telegraphing
>>
>>386323730
it is a rpg
it is tilebased
>>
File: CalmDown.jpg (34KB, 338x372px) Image search: [Google]
CalmDown.jpg
34KB, 338x372px
>>386323730
Definitions change. Most people who mean roguelike mean permadeath. I don't agree with the notion myself, but trying to autistically push your own agenda after the term has already been cemented is about as retarded as the term itself.
>>
>>386324748
Shit i forgot to include it also means procedurally generated
>>
>>386324748
>a single mechanic in common changes a game's genre
>Permadeath makes something a roguelike
The Witcher 3 on the hardest difficulty mode is my favorite roguelike :)
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
Good boss fight:
>test of the skills and strategies you have honed over the course of the game
>take things you've seen before but brought to a massive new degree or with a twist
>has some unique abilities, but they make sense within the framework of the game and setting
>if game has multiple viable play styles, all play styles will be able to beat it although some will have a harder time than others

Bad boss fight:
>has a gimmick that doesn't resemble anything else in the game and requires special preparation to deal with with no warning
>only way to defeat it is to make multiple suicide runs to memorize all it's tricks or read a guide
>abilities don't make sense in the rules of the game and go against the lore of the game
>some playstyles that are viable for the rest of the game simply do not work and make the game unwinnable, even if played optimally
>>
>>386324958
Fucking normie you should expect games to swindle you out of a victory with unprecedented shifts in mechanics, git gud etc.
>>
>>386324632
Yep. The game totally blue balls you. The game is hard as fuck for most people. It takes a long time just to get to the end of the game and an even longer time to actually survive well enough to reach it. After hours and hours you finally master the game mechanics well enough to reach the rebel fleet and if you're lucky, thr flagship. You've got your ship that's been slaying enemy fleets with ease, because you have what feels like the perfect setup after dozens of defeats and retries. Finally you start taking on the flagship with your experienced game knowledge only to have it pull a "yea nah fuck you" at the last minute.
>>
>>386324506
nobody's telling you to be a psychic anon
you're expected to learn from what you see, and the final boss is no exception

did you close super mario bros when you realized you couldn't jump on bowser's head? how long did it take you to notice the axe behind him?
>>
>>386319517
>could of
>>
>>386325279
Does Bowser summon a screen full of enemies you've never seen before after you've "killed" him 2 times already?
>>
File: 1501610826481.jpg (12KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1501610826481.jpg
12KB, 317x267px
>>386325460
holy shit you are a faggot with that bowser comparison

THIS fucking bootyblasted LMAO

K Y S

Y

S
>>
>>386325460
Bowser has a spiney head which the player knows is dangerous

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>386325279
Bowser is a perfect example of good boss design, because he actually has a visual indicator and warning not to jump on his head. His body is covered in spikes and he has a big spike on top of his head. It actually makes sense in the game, because other spiked enemies hurt you if you jump on them.
>>
the only gotcha in board-anon's scenario is the boss fight having multiple phases, honestly. how the hell are you gonna say a multi-stage fight is "breaking the rules" with a straight face?

are ftl fans this cut off from other types of games? tell me you're not all this embarrassing.
>>
>>386325279
False equivalency.
Super mario bros introduces enemies that cannot be stomped of well before you get to Bowser.
Additionally, the player probably has some spare lives that will put him back at the beginning of the stage where he can easily implement his new tactic, as opposed to having to re-run the game for another forty minutes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
how the fuck was i supposed to know the spike and fire hurts

what the fuck
>>
>>386325552
>>386325563
>>386325626
bullshit if you didn't immediately notice the baldness before what might as well be ears
>>
>>386325775
GLOWING AXE? This is unprecedented! Unfair! I thought axes = bad! Shit game design!
>>
>>386325610
Dedicated all your strategy to killing him quickly in a all out kamikaze attack to drain his HP before yours? Gotcha! He has multiple phases so now you're fucked with your boarding party gone or your hull low.

Want to beat the boss by killing all the crew? Gotcha! Now the ship is even stronger than it was when it had a crew because it can autoheal now. (why couldn't it also autoheal while the crew was alive? nobody knows)

Want to focus on blowing up the robotics subsystem to stop the constant robot attacks? Gotcha! These robots don't run off any subsystem!

Want to stop it from warping away by blowing up the bridge and the engine? Gotcha! It can warp anyway. Oh, and it doesn't need to charge.
>>
>>386325935
You're just bad bro. You should know that trying to weaken the final boss with do the exact opposite and instead make the boss stronger than ever
>>
File: 1399580333760.gif (204KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
1399580333760.gif
204KB, 500x584px
>>386325882
Sorry we all weren't as retarded as you were as a child anon. At least now you can brag about enduring objectivly bullshit videogame bosses as an adult
>>
>>386325935
>game tells you to be careful
>do a kamikaze attack on your first try like a retard

>learn about AI-controlled ships
>don't think the culmination of the rebels' technology could have an AI onboard

>can't deal with a few drones
>gets stuck inflexibly on them instead of working on the weapons first
>can't also make the logic leap to drones having AI

>complaining about something that literally only comes up when you trigger the next phase instead of targeting the engines to decrease the ship's dodge rate anyway

nigga just start over
>>
>>386303008
mantis type B makes this boss feel like a normal enemy, git gud
>>
>>386327493
try playing hard mode, boi
>>
>>386327518
hard mode is for people with extreme autism
>>
>>386305073
pic related?
>>
File: shutup.png (77KB, 727x417px) Image search: [Google]
shutup.png
77KB, 727x417px
>>
>>386327672
No, that's No Pause. Hard is for masochists playing a rigged game which you can only overcome with good RNG half the time.
>>
whats the speed run world record for this shit
>>
>>386329690
https://www.speedrun.com/ftl_ae
>>
>>386329851
>WR is 2 minutes faster than anyone else

NOICE
>>
>>386329095
I still fucking love this
>>
File: 20170806054413_1.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170806054413_1.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
Literally just looked it up for the first time on how to unlock it and got lucky, holy shit
>>
>>386320976
>If tying one hand behind your back isn't viable, MAYBE DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!
But it is viable. It's completely viable, even against drones, for the entire game... until the final boss, where it suddenly demands you to sacrifice crew members with no warning whatsoever. That's his entire fucking point.
>>
>>386331213
nice
>>
>>386329095
>Engi as a shield tech instead of being held in reserve for repairs
Baka, why not have one of the Zoltan man the shields?

>>386331213
Nice work, anon. Did you manage to salvage the stasis pod in the first try? From what I remember of unlocking it pre-AE that was the worst part, along with getting the sectors in the right order.
>>
Am I understanding the game right that I need to beat the game with the Engi ship once to get a third ship? I'm trash so I can't even reach the final boss on Easy.
>>
The RNG in FTL made me fucking hate the game. So many people love it, but I absolutely despise it. Because unlike something like Isaac, there's no feeling that the losses are my fault the vast majority of the game. Because in Isaac you can bullshit wins with pure luck and skill. With FTL, it entirely depends on your build at the end of the game. And the game can totally fucking deny you the things you need to build something coherent to get past the gear check that is the end of the game. And it does so. And it can do so the majority of the time.

FTL and Punch Club can go suck eachother off in a fucking corner.
>>
File: this is fine.png (234KB, 397x546px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
234KB, 397x546px
>tfw they nerfed boarding into oblivion
>>
>>386324583
Late as fuck but this guy sounds like he played original FTL, there wasn't any Cloning Bay.
>>
>>386312289
Turn off AE, if you still can't beat it you're fucking garbbo
>>
File: FTL.jpg (203KB, 1200x385px) Image search: [Google]
FTL.jpg
203KB, 1200x385px
>>386331473
Are you talking about new ships entirely or new ship layouts? I don't play Advanced Edition, so I could have this wrong, but from looking at the wiki it seems like there are two possible ways for unlocking new ship types - beating the final boss with the previous type (so with an Engi ship you unlock the Federation Cruiser, with the Federation Cruiser you unlock the Zoltan Cruiser etc.) or by completing something in-game, either game progression or a quest. I'd recommend just trying to unlock them in-game rather than by beating the boss.
The Zoltan and Rock quests are very easy as long as you find the right event in their Homeworld sectors and can be completed by any crew, the Stealth cruiser is a bit more work and requires an Engi crewmember in their Homeworlds but is still fairly easy, and the Mantis ship is a bit more work (requires you to be able to defeat a ship by killing enemy crew, as well as a teleporter or upgraded Sensors and an upgraded Medbay or Clone Bay) but is still straightforward.

>I'm trash so I can't even reach the final boss on Easy.
You just have to keep at it, anon, the key to success in this game is a combination of getting lucky with your playthrough and learning the right strategies/tactics to survive, like how to overcome shields, time boarding/volleys correctly, what order to upgrade your ship.
I'd recommend seeing if you can unlock a couple more ship types/layouts and experiment, you might do better now with the advantage a Zoltan or Rock cruiser gives you. You could always disable the Advanced Edition content to try to learn the base game first.

>>386331561
>>tfw they nerfed boarding into oblivion
It's a shame. There was nothing quite as enjoyable as setting most of a ship alight and teleporting in your Rock boarding party, or devastating an enemy crew with Breach bombs and an anti-bio beam and unleashing a horde of hungry Mantis.
>>
>>386305834

But what if I never find cloacking?
>>
File: 1446335792_Best ship0_6.png (85KB, 706x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446335792_Best ship0_6.png
85KB, 706x700px
>>386312413
I win over half my games on hard.
>>
>>386303008
i beat it on hard like 20 times now, zoltan a makes the game too ez
>>
>>386334084
>But what if I never find cloacking?
Hope desperately you find defence drones and enough scrap to upgrade your engine. It's manageable if you only have to weather one or two volleys, same with the last phase.
>>
>>386334084
Get a good set of weapons, hacking, get your engines to 5, shields to 4 and play smart. Flagship is by far the easiest part of the game.
>>
The mission from NIOH where you fight Okatsu and Hanzo at the same time. FUCK THAT MISSION
>>
>>386319517
wrong.

you get a message that your crew is gone and you can't clone them since the ship warped away and they didn't die
>>
>>386303008
Every time the flagship fucks off, the game tells you to chase after it, right into fucking rebel controlled territory. Has anyone actually done that
>>
>>386335031
Yes. All it does is make you fight the flagship. Nothing else. It's just the same exact encounter.

There are situations where you will want to chase of course. IIRC the clone bay will not work unless you jump.

I could be wrong.
>>
>>386303585
you dont need hacking just fire and stonemen board team
>>
>>386335092
Oh, well that's nice to know. I never dared to do that since I just assumed it was terrible advice.
>>
>>386306943
>reach flagship for the first time
>How the fuck was I supposed to know

now you know
>>
>>386335031
>>386335176
Yeah, it can be useful if you've managed to get through a phase with little or no damage and you want to keep the pressure on.
>>
>>386335176
It's usually not a good idea to fight outside the base as you're left with less potential free nodes. It also makes kidnapping crew on phase 3 not viable.
>>
>>386303008
That is not a boss.
It's a check list of things you must have done when you arrive at the end of the game.
>>
>>386336642
Is that a good or bad thing
>>
File: IMG_1142.jpg (149KB, 733x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
149KB, 733x1024px
FTL is still in my hit list despite the bullshit RNG throwing at me. post some PEG pics of FTL
>>
>>386337719
I think that it's a bad thing once you realize it. Once you know it, your ship development across the game is changed towards filling the check list, cutting out the illusion of freedom of ship development. Sometimes you even restart you ship arriving at the boss because you've made a useless ship, even if it was very effective at beating all the previous challenges you have previously faced.
>>
>>386303585
I won without even drones, let alone fancy stuff like hacking and cloaking
>>
File: human eye.jpg (60KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
human eye.jpg
60KB, 640x389px
the FTL streamers on twitch has gotten pretty fucking good

Anyone remember if FTL was played at ESA ?
>>
>always heard good things about FTL
>picked up on summer sale for short money
>Holy SHIT I suck at this
>tfw 25+ hours in, still haven't been able to beat it on easy

I would like to say I get a little bit better with every run but I don't think that's true. Furthest I got was 3rd phase of the final boss, by then most of my ship had been raped and I couldn't ward off enough damage to keep up the fight.

I eventually just rage quit and didn't play again for a few weeks. Picked it back up and played through to the last sector, but at this point I don't think my ship is enough to put him down and I don't have enough scrap to upgrade any of my shit.

I suck, man.
>>
>>386339863
Nah, you're just an average FTL player
I've been playing on and off for years now and I only win one out of every ten or so runs
>>
File: gogmazios.png (366KB, 819x504px) Image search: [Google]
gogmazios.png
366KB, 819x504px
>>386309174
MH has done worse. Picrelated is already very resilient in its standard fight, but later in G rank another quest appears with a buffed up version of the same monster, with more HP, damages, etc. I had to completely rethink my equipment and use an IG with blast damage (I rarely use IG, prefering great swords and slash axes) to eventually kill this version in solo.
>>
>>386339863
how? why? Just use that penis-shaped ship with the giant laser and you're golden. stack shields and shield-breaking weapons to use your sick xX420Halberd BeamsXx and destroy half the enemy ship in one go. Avoid boarding because it's complete shit unless you have the right starting ship or find a ton of rockguys or mantis. Sell everything, even your mother to get a weapon pre-igniter system.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.