[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre worth my time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
Worth my money and time? Worth pirating?
>>
Only if you play on easy. The gameplay is bad. Turning the difficulty up, or the challenge 'stars' does literally nothing but make it more frustrating.

Amazing game otherwise, in terms of everything else. Gameplay is just pure shit. Its refreshing, and different shit. But shit nonetheless.
>>
The basketball shit is awful. The story is cool, though.
>>
>>386302260
So its a shitty game? If the gameplay is shit, isnt the game shit? Did you play it on pc or ps4?
>>
>>386303098
This the only time I've seen people bitch about the gameplay. I guess /v/irgins cant get into magic NBA Jam? Or a Griffball RPG
>>
>>386304508
You didn't browse /v/ much during the time Pyre released, then.
>>
>>386304618
A bunch of people who didn't play the game calling saying they thought the gameplay looked like shit?
>>
>>386304875
After the previous game, a lot of people weren't expecting magic basketball.

It's fantastic, extremely fun and challenging magical basketball, but it's still magical basketball.

I'd say both the gameplay and the story are fantastic. I've never really heard people call the gameplay "bad" until this thread; people have just said that it's "not for them"
>>
>>386304508
>Griffball RPG
Holy shit I didn't even notice.
>>
>>386302260
controls are a little awkward to get used to at first, but the game gets very interesting when you figure it out

Because it's pretty unique, nobody would really have any experience in that kind of game, so I imagine most people are pretty equally good at it. I found that for me, it was consistently very challenging: enough for most matches to be won by the skin of my teeth and for me to actually lose a couple

Also, when you lose a match, the game just continues and you live with the consequences. You don't reload and retry it again.
>>
>>386305781
The Giant Bomb quicklook made it look like it's just Destiny's cursor for menus and grifball rpg.

Did you play on pc or ps4? PC seems like m/kb would be good
>>
>>386302260
Depends on:

a) Do you like the faux-basketball gameplay
b) If you don't, is the VN stuff enough to make up for it

I'd say it's worth pirating and playing the first hour or so
>>
>>386302260
I am having so much fun with it. There's a lot of replayability since you can try to get a different outcome for each character's story. A LOT of reading, so if you're into that and you dont autistically hate sports games, then you'll probly like it.
>>
>>386302753
>Turning the difficulty up, or the challenge 'stars' does literally nothing but make it more frustrating.

G I T
U
D
>>
>>386302753
I literally turned on every titan star as I got it, and only lost to the demon villain guy. If anything, the game is too easy.
>>
>>386302753
Pretty much this
The AI is still pretty dumb but does things like frame perfect passes if you tries to tackle them to fuck you over
Its not consistent and thats why its frustrating as hell when hard ai still runs into auras
>>
Im gonna replay the game and free everyone except the main three just to see if hedwyn says anything special :D
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.