[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stingy Publishers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>publisher believes reviving old IP is too risky
>would actually create a shit ton of hype if old IP was rebooted
spill'em /v/
>>
File: dog tongue.jpg (50KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
dog tongue.jpg
50KB, 500x394px
>>386297907
>those thighs
>>
>>386297907
reviving JSR would be risky though. The series was never popular in Japan so a big piece of the market is gone already and most of the western market would be too young for JSR3. It'd have to be marketed towards Western adults, which is a tight space. In all, SEGA would make far more money just pumping out another sonic game instead
>>
>>386298179
Disagree, there'd be so much media buzz surrounding it, and the fan base would go nuts.You act like reaching new markets is impossible. Just shoehorn sonic in as dlc character and you're good to go
>>
>>386298179
Would it really take that much to just re-release Future? That's all a lot of us want
>>
I want to understand her concept of love
>>
File: medievil.jpg (64KB, 640x635px)
medievil.jpg
64KB, 640x635px
>>
>>386298179
>japan
>big piece of the market
>>
>>386298778
It's not impossible, it's just a risky business situation.
>>386298941
SEGA only cares about money, not the fans
>>
Jet Set Radio is shit. It's always been shit, and always will be shit. The colors only attract autsists, same as the shitty repetitive music and the FUCK DA MAN ECKSDEE """plot""". The characters are one dimensional and shallow, and the gameplay is adequate at best.

The only people who like it are hipsters and days.

I'm not trolling, I genuinely believe this.
>>
>>386299369
<INSERT GAME COMPANY> only cares about money, not fans.
>>
>>386299675
>played jet set radio for the plot
plot is shit, yes, but music and art style is unmatched
>>
>>386299675
I can get most of your points, but
>shitting on Hideki Naganuma
Get the fuck out
>>
File: 1501749977320.png (1MB, 1474x541px)
1501749977320.png
1MB, 1474x541px
>>386297907
Go play Hover instead.
>>
F-Zero
Dino Crisis (maybe)
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker(maybe)
>>
>>386299764
Sega literally only cares about the money. They get fans crying out for different stuff all the time. Hell, they almost didn't do Mania because they thought it wouldn't sell even though the fans have been crying for a game like that since Adventure
>>
>>386300040
checked. How can they justify Falcon in SSB if they're not going to give him anymore games?!
>>
>>386299915
Hover's nice and it had more than I thought.
But there's a bit of steep curve in terms of difficulty if you don't stay ontop of your chips, and leveling new characters is a pain.
Also there just isn't enough music, what's there is good but there needs to be more.
>>
>>386297907
IP revivals are not guaranteed successes or hype generators.
>>
>>386300412
Eh, you're right about the music. But I've seen people with no ult chips go to the final boss and then wonder why they couldn't beat the mission. It's not even particularly difficult if you just fluffy a bunch of missions in the starting zone and get ults for your character, then level a few other characters.

Hopefully we'll get some more stuff in September though. I'm starving for some new content and fixes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.