[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning to pick up a PS3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I assume 3rd gen/super slim is the best one?

How much should I pay for a console and controller?

What issues should I be aware of/look out for?

I should be able to enjoy it without PS+ since I don't give a fuck about multiplayer?
>>
>>386292130
You can't mod super slims, so they're garbage. Early model slims and all fats can be downgraded. Fats are well up there in age and a lot of them die.
>>
>>386292130
I just ordered a xbox 360 slim E actually. The only new game I like is overwatch so I thought wtf, might as well buy older games.
Yes
Around $100
the slide not closing properly or something like that
yes
>>
The first slim is the best model.
Fats can play PS2 games, but also have high failure rates.

I recommend Slim if you just want to play PS3 games
>>
>>386292130
>console has 3 games if you include P5
better deal than a PS4
>>
>>386292130
Multiplayer is for free on PS3.
>>
>>386292130
PS+ isn't required for online on a ps3. Should find a decent one at a pawn shop for 80 and a controller for 50 new. Cables are pretty common and are not proprietary so pick them up from an electronics store or something.
>>
>>386292130
>>386292479
Forgot to mention. Now is a great time to stock up on most 7th gen stuff as most of it is under 20 bucks at most pawn shops.
As for games themselves, the David Cage "games" are great to play with a buddy while drunk. Last of Us is an okay shooter with an okay story. IMO the atmosphere sells the game for me. Don't forget you can play PS1 games on all models and PS2 games on first gen models.
>>
File: 061222_2.jpg (22KB, 460x323px) Image search: [Google]
061222_2.jpg
22KB, 460x323px
Here's an autistic reference for what you should consider

Retail systems
>Fats
>good shit, launch models have ps2 support
>often have higher failure rates
>can be modded
>Slims
>can be modded
>lower failure rate
>no ps2 support (software support but its shit)
>generally more reliable if youre concerned about that
>Superslims
>cant be modded
>no ps2 support
>low as shit failure rate but still possible

Testkit hardware
>can be upgraded and downgraded and modded freely (still needs to be set to 3.55 to mod, but its piss easy)
>DECHA00A
>ps2 support testkit
>generally the best system of the bunch
>failure rate is lower than retail fats
>plenty on ebay so take your pick faggot
>DECHJ00A
>non ps2 fat testkit
>same as above, piss easy low failure
>DECH2000A/2500A
>no ps2 support (software is shit but possible)
>lower failure rate
>can update/downgrade freely
>DECH3000A/4000AA
>cant be modded
>no ps2 support
>upgrade and downgrade freely but cannot reach 3.55/3.56

Devkits
>DECR1000A
>40 pound bulky machine
>has double the ram (512mb, no titles use it except for development titles)
>RSX has higher failure rate
>only has 1 cfw (full)
>no ps2 support
>has 400gb hdd (and second for bdemu)
>5 analog out (audio)
>6 usb ports
>2 lan ports (4 total but 2 disabled)
>2 hdmi out (1 disabled since 0.85)
>media card shit
>generally a huge fucking box thats a ps3
>DECR1400A
>looks like a fat ps3
>weight like a fat ps3
>same as above (media cards, 4usb ports, only 1 cfw, 2 lan ports)
>more reliable than the 1000A model

Depending on how autistic you are this is what you need to consider. I suggest locating a DECHA00A if you just want the best of them all. If you want more reliability then go for a slim testkit. If you're wondering why youd want dev hardware then go get a retail one and have it modded, but you might drop more money on it

t. owner of DECR1000A, DECHA00A, DECH2500A, and a superslim
>>
Super slim might last a year before it starts fucking up. I bought it new, too.
>>
File: 1464729922612.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1464729922612.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>386292130
>Planning to pick up a PS3
Worthless purchase
>>
>>386292130
The best one is the original big fat one, but the slims are fine. There isn't really much of an issue, and yes single player games are king on ps3.
>>
OP

I have been buying more game for my PS3. I use it more frequently than the xbone.

Last purchases:
Shadow of the Colossus HD
-Weird remastering job, they rescaled the game and added solid, cinematic 30fps but everything still has the same ps2 textures and models
-Camera will always fuck things up, deal with it, it can't be fixed
-Some of the colossi are really cool fights while the others feel like a chore

7/10, not exactly a must buy but entertaining most of the time. Yes come at me salty faggots, I did not 100% enjoy this game.

Zone of the Enders HD
I have played only two hours of the first game. They talk too much, protag is "le war is evil" and also he got into the fucking robot. Where have I seen this before?

So far a 6/10, combat is fun but get stale too fast. They don't explain that you need to look for stuff in other areas. I hope ZoE 2 improves this.

Also OP get MGS Collection, play in release order
>>
>>386292130

Super slims suck, try to pick up a regular slim.

It's the most reliable version, and the best buy unless PS2 BC is your main reason for buying it.
>>
PS3 that has cfw on it can play all ps1, psp and ps2 games too fyi. Regardless if it was BC at release
>>
>>386294349
>So far a 6/10, combat is fun but get stale too fast. They don't explain that you need to look for stuff in other areas. I hope ZoE 2 improves this.
It does. ZOE1 was less of a proper game and more of a PS2 tech demo to try out things for MGS2. ZOE2 on the other hand is a proper game with a less irritating protagonist.
>>
>>386295165
incorrect
software support on ps2/psp is dogshit. youd be lucky if even 1 of your favorite games works on those 2.
ps1 all works though so thats fine
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.