[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: startrekonline.png (858KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
startrekonline.png
858KB, 1000x518px
Is this any good?
>>
>>386278408

It used to be, I played it religiously for a while then I took a brake and came back and all of the fun shit is gone.

The map changed, the missions changed, the borg shit is gone.
>>
File: 1486431913766.png (211KB, 562x516px) Image search: [Google]
1486431913766.png
211KB, 562x516px
It's worth a play through of the story at least. It's not the best Trek game ever in either ground or space gameplay, and some story missions get a little too close to the kind of dumb shit you'd read in the novels, but for the most part it's fun enough and there are some real gems of missions in there occasionally.
Character/uniform/ship customization is fantastic though; the "space barbie is true endgame" meme is a thing for a reason.

Endgame content is an endless grind though, so whether or not you want to stick with it or just come back once every ~3 months for the new story mission or seasonal event is up to personal preference.
>>
>>386279451
I know the game has 'seasons'. Can you go back and play the old seasons or are they gone once a new one comes in?
>>
File: screenshot_2016-08-26-14-55-47.jpg (348KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2016-08-26-14-55-47.jpg
348KB, 1600x900px
It's really about who spends the most cash nowadays to get the best toys.
The story is pretty good, it ties a lot of disparate trek stuff together. Lots of cameos and references to the various series and movies. Some of the game-specific stuff is hit or miss, but the later game content (post-delta quadrant) is really great. Endgame is running the same instances over and over for tokens to spend in various reputations for ship and character armor, weapons, and accessories.
>>
>>386279680
Nah everything is playable for free, the only benefit of playing the missions when they are released is that you can a) play them as soon as you are level 10 instead of at level 50 and b) you get one spec point or tech upgrade every weak that you play the episode in question when it is featured (meaning when it just came out).
>>
File: e9rlHqw.jpg (543KB, 3049x985px) Image search: [Google]
e9rlHqw.jpg
543KB, 3049x985px
>>386279680
They're all still there and you'll start from the beginning of them anyway. The "seasons" are just a marketing thing for major updates.
>>
Yes. It's a lot of fun. Ton of content. Lots of customization of your character, ships, and crew.
>>
As far as f2p mmos go this one's got the best way of bridging the whales and the poor people. Everything fun is locked away behind a cash shop, but you can grind for a resource that you can use to buy cash shop monies.
>>
If you're thinking about starting it up, you might want to invest 5-10 dollars into it to get yourself out of third-class citizen status and actually have room for credits and account storage.
>>
File: 1489089416262.jpg (124KB, 698x594px) Image search: [Google]
1489089416262.jpg
124KB, 698x594px
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.