[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1477722949001.jpg (94KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1477722949001.jpg
94KB, 540x675px
There is not a single good MMO available right now.
Guild Wars 1 and World of Warcraft (Vanilla, maybe TBC) were the peak of MMO and everything since then has not only been worse but far, far worse and extremely lackluster.
Try to prove me wrong.
I just want a fun timesink ;_;
>>
>>386278397
Nobody can prove you wrong. MMO's have never been good.
>>
>>386278397
guild wars and wow and runescape and ultima were the peaks of their own sub genres

(pvp, pve, social, sandbox)

nothing can make as big of a stride as they made because the technology to transmit over the internet hasnt changed
>>
>>386278397
>>386278636
the best you can hope for is smaller studios improving on these games slightly as the tools to make these games have improved and the prices of servers have come down
>>
>>386278636
>>386278772
I don't need a new breakthrough in MMOs to have fun, I just want something that isn't complete dogshit, retardedly grindy while offering nothing new or no variations or stupid P2W shit.
>>
>>386278905
servers cost money
people wont pay monthlys outside of ff14 and wow
and people under 20s dont care about mmos as a genre
>>
>>386278397
Yep, can't argue with you there, anon. Damn shame, though.
>>
>>386279275
I don't mind paying as long as the price is not outrageous and the game is fun.
>>
Anyone plays Age of Wushu/Age of Wulin? I remember trying it a few years ago and had fun. Wonder how it goes nowadays.
>>
>>386278397
>fun timesink
>>
MOBAS have taken all the MMO players
>>
>>386279460
I really don't like Diabloclones.
>>
>>386278397

I really enjoy EVE and Wurm with /v/irgins.

Though I guess these games aren't for everyone.
>>
>>386279410
so your dream game requires a monthly fee
and the marketing budget to tell you the monthly fee is worth it
>>
>>386279560
That's true in a way I guess, I do play DotA; although that's mostly because there's nothing else that's good long-term and I use it to bridge the time between releases.

>>386279656
Tried EVE, not my cup of tea.
Wurm is great, I loved playing it when I was younger and had more time. Right now I have a job though and it's not very fun when you reach the point where you only have to work for your upkeep and can't make time for new projects because of decay pretty fast.
>>
>>386279756
Like I said, I don't care if I have to pay as long as it's good. Monthly fee or one time purchase doesn't matter.
>>
>>386279991
guild wars was a massive success, but also go abandoned in 3 years
>>
File: 1493376876596.jpg (161KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493376876596.jpg
161KB, 500x560px
>>386278397
mmorpg players ruined mmorpgs

they "can't afford" $15 monthly subs, but they can afford to spend $1000 on asian p2w grinders
they don't actually care about playing the game the way they're made to be played, so they spend 8 hrs a day rioting on forums forcing devs to cater to them giving the impression they're the majority of the playerbase when in reality 90% of the players are playing the game with no clue what these retards are doing to the game
in the end bunch of people quit, leaving only the crybabbies to perpetuate their circlejerk and play dressup with costumes worth $50 a pop not actually playing the game
repeat ad infinitum for every new mmo on the market because everyone is retarded and there's money to be made
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.