[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No hype No fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Capturevvv.jpg (55KB, 670x378px) Image search: [Google]
Capturevvv.jpg
55KB, 670x378px
>Dragging myself to advance in nier automata.

>7 hours into botw on emulator and while first three hours were amazing things feels a bit less exciting as i advance now.

>both gets all the praise

But what about prey? There is no fake promise or hype train.In fact lot of its trailer had negative comments. I finished the thing in around 18 hours without feeling forcing myself . Didn't read most of emails/notes in game and passed some of the side quests but it was a very very good game with no hype. Everything is based on gameplay and environement interaction.It is full of nice ideas and it feels like an old game made with today technology it deserve a solid 90
>>
>>386277069
NieR did not have a hype train, yeah sure it gets praise around here but this board is not a good representation of what people tend to like
>>
Are all of these prey shill threads that have been posted recently just one guy, or is the game on sale or something? The game is fucking shit.
>>
Prey is goty for me so far. It is a real shame that it was a commercial failure.
>>
>>386277069
I like Prey a lot more than I expected to, but this is one you have to play on PC. The console versions are especially bad, even by typical 30fps console release standards.
>>
>>386277069
I enjoyed Prey the but ending fucking killed it, I have no desire to ever replay it now.
>>
>>386277069
PREY was just kind of boring. Yeah, it had some neat ideas, but I just didn't get as deeply invested or feel like I was ever doing much at all, it was a standard experience, but I didn't dislike it. I actually enjoyed it, but nothing was spectacular imo.

I found Nier Automata to be a dull game too though. Combat was basic, the shmup segments weren't good for the genre, and despite the narrative being good - the plot and characters simply weren't all that compelling and the game gave me the impression that progression would take place at an immediate moment that you couldn't miss instead of gradually. The first is simply better in that regard, and that's kind of all it has going for it.

BotW was nice though. Enjoyed the explorative nature, even if the melee combat is kinda shit and the visual variety isn't great. Not a Zelda fan in the slightest so I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.
>>
>>386277069
Stop shilling your mediocre shooter here.
Fuck off.
>>
I still haven't beaten botw and I've had it since launch
open world games suck the fun out of themselves so eventually you just don't want to play anymore
>>
>>386277954
The ending was not that bad but the multiple endings being smilar felt a big waste.I did the arming key,the nullwave ending and watched the other on youtube. It is a shame they prepared different possible ways to end the game and left them with almost same cutscene...
>>
>>386278575
I would say it is that bad, boiling everything down into the game actually just being a simulation being run to determine if hostile Ayy Lmaos can be reasoned with is just fucking stupid.

That is an interesting twist in a book or movie, but in a game I feel like that just invalidates the 20+ hours I put into exploring the station and doing side content.
>>
File: Hero1.png (1MB, 835x895px) Image search: [Google]
Hero1.png
1MB, 835x895px
>>386279193
The Matrix Reloaded right here.
>>
>>386277907
>bethesda

>optimization

Pick one
>>
>>386277069
Prey dug its own grave by being the reboot to a cancelled game that looked rad as fuck.

It honestly didn't matter how good it was, the name caused both bitterness and confusion.
>>
>>386282257
*An overhyped cancelled game
>>
I forgot this game even came out.
>>
>>386277464
>NieR did not have a hype train

Lol, every Squeenix kid sucked it's dick because they heard to first one was obscure and deep. Weebs go head over heels for that trash.
>>
>>386282257
arkane had nothing to do with it being cancelled. direct your teenage angst at bethesda
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.