[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why most people prefer only one platform?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 20170805_221148_HDR~01.jpg (1MB, 2080x3700px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_221148_HDR~01.jpg
1MB, 2080x3700px
You honestly just miss out on great exclusives(xbone ks pretty weak on that department though, but backwards compactibility is nixe?
>>
People don't prefer one platform to another, people are locked to just one because they can only afford one.
>>
Mustard here. I already have a billion games to finish as it is, with new ones coming out almost every month. One platform suits me just fine.
>>
Do not besmirch my boy Majima with your garbage consolewar thread
>>
>>386274547
Why do most people prefer only one car? You honestly miss out on great exclusives.
>>
Most people can only afford one platform. /v/ is full of poorfags and literal children. Can't be an idort on neetbux or momys allowance. Simple as that. Never will you find an adult with a decent job engaging in console war faggottry. We either have all the consoles we want, or literally don't care enough to own more than one and just ignore threads about console A vs console B.
>>
People are poor, and most are fanboys who have stayed with one system since they were young, so they're biased against anything they didn't grow up with.
>>386274741
Bad analogy. Most cars are exactly the fucking same with very little differences.
>>
>>386274873
Sure man, all cars are almost identical, none of them offer differences in power, interior space, maneuverability, handling, or anything else.
>>
>>386275294
>very little
Unless you need something very fucking specific, you could buy some generic shitty car and be alright.
>>
console wars are only for poor people. Someone that is not a nigger can afford all the consoles and a PC.
>>
>>386274547
>TFW you've been an idort for well over 20 years

Only things I haven't owned are the og Xbox, and things like the Saturn, neo geo, and other semi obscure consoles.
>>
>>386275404
Same as consoles lmao
>>
>>386275659
The console's themselves? Barring Nintendo, yeah. The games? Nah. That's why using cars is a bad analogy because cars don't come with anything else.
>>
>>386275906
>The only thing cars are good for is driving to one place back and forth over and over repeat ad nauseam.
>>
>>386275404
Jesus fucking Christ I understand pragmatism but you're being obtuse. Cars of the same budget vary in size, power, handling, quality of life etc etc. within each need you have cars of all range of prices.

If your need is "participate in the miracle of mechromancy" then yeah, you can spend very little and be just as well off. "Very specific needs" is being very generous. Small needs guide the entire thought process behind the purchase. The lowest priced car that checks the boxes on the "need" list and a few on the "want" list is going to sell. Just like with video game consoles.

Before you start getting pedantic on me, I mean "need vs want" in relation to the decision involved in the purchase. Not the "need vs want" in regard to survival. Again, just like with consoles.
>>
because i'm poor nigga
>>
>>386276130
You don't need to buy anything barring gas for a car to be useful. You need games for a gaming console, otherwise why even bother with it?
>>
>>386274547
I'd love to have a PS4 for the few Jap games like Yakuza, Nioh, Bloodborne but currently PS4/Xbone drop exclusives out of the blue so it just doesn't feel like it's worth the money/space.

Until the West drop the focus on TPS/FPS games as well I might as well stick with PC because those genres on console are a mess.
>>
>>386276286
One day bro, one day...
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>386274547
because $800+ for two+ systems is unnecessary wasteful if you are not some maddening NEET that both has tons of time and infinite appetite for gaming.
>>386274873
>Most cars are exactly the fucking same with very little differences.
Bone and PS4 are exactly the same as a gaming PC with minor exclusives most of which show up on PC eventually.
>>
I have a PS4 and it doesn't get touched. My PC rarely does either. I haven't bought a PC game in a good 3 or so years. I'm really enjoying my Switch though.

I'm considering selling my ps4 and will never have more than 1 platform a gen again.
>>
>tfw I own a 3DS, Switch, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, Vita TV, and Saturn

Feels good being able to play every worthwhile game with little issue
>>
>>386274658
this, people that care about video games and can easily afford every platform buy every platform.
>>
>>386274846
Can confirm.
25 year old here. Full-time job.
Own a PS4, WiiU, Vita, 3DS and a PC that was amazing a year ago, and is now merely more than sufficient.
I can play literally anything I want.

I'm not even a richfag. I make very, very slightly over minimum wage, live by myself, and pay my own living expenses. You just have to learn how to not be retarded with cash.
>>
>>386276286
honestly that's the only major reason most idorts do it is to not look poor when the reality is if you were good with your money you wouldn't throw away a grand just to say you own every major system.
>>
>>386274547
In the rare case you turn that Xbox on you might want to unblock the vent you've blocked with your PS4 PRO TM.
>>
>>386274547
They don't. Poor people just pretend that they do because they're bitter from being poor.
>>
>>386276357
Tell that to my car. Would have had to spend too much money on that thing if I didn't happen to have too many spare parts.
>>
>>386276357
You don't need to buy anything bar games for a console to be useful. You need gas for gasoline vehicles, otherwise why even bother with it?
>>
>>386276357
>You don't need to buy anything barring gas for a car to be useful.
>insurance
>maintenance
>tires
>registration cost
>>
>>386274547
Is that fucking tv covering up part of your window?

Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>386276982
I broke my old shelf, this is just for now.
>>386276901
Pretty much this. Weeks worth of wage hoes to rent, electricity, internet etc and rest is for whatever
>>
File: 1499465752865.gif (429KB, 250x182px) Image search: [Google]
1499465752865.gif
429KB, 250x182px
Idorts list your setup:

Gameboy
GBA
Game Gear
PS One
PS3
PS4
Vita
DS
3Ds
Gamecube
Dreamcast
>>
>>386274547

M O N E Y
>>
>>386277563
Nah, its just the angle
>>
File: 1501814622343.png (1MB, 1111x621px) Image search: [Google]
1501814622343.png
1MB, 1111x621px
>>386274547
Tell me why it wouldn't be a good idea for PS4 exclusives to be on PC?

At least the Switch has the handheld shit to kinda make up for the weak hardware, what does the PS4 have?
>>
you seriously couldnt afford a better stand for your consoles?
>>
>>386278086
Because it's funny watching entitled PCfats cry everytime an exclusive is announced.
>>
>>386278086
Gotta sell the console. Xbone does that and look how well is that going
>>
>>386274547
>horizontal PS3
I-I thought this was a de facto no-no? Doesn't it limit the air coming out of the exhaust vents and cause the console to run hotter?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.