[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is this game? Looking for a collect-a-thon to dick around in.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: yookacocklee.png (108KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
yookacocklee.png
108KB, 700x524px
How bad is this game? Looking for a collect-a-thon to dick around in.
>>
>>386270517
Pirate it, play it and, if you like it, buy it.
>>
>>386270517
It's not bad at all.
It's exactly what Playtonic said it would be. A 3D platformer.
If you like good games, get it. If you don't, don't get it.
>>
Really bad.

This review explains it perfectly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUiVXW4R5E
>>
What was the fucking point in the energy meter
>>
>>386270691
>A 3D platformer.

It's so much of a platformer that all you do for 90% of the game is either wandering around aimlessly or playing broken minigames or fighting with the slippery controls and clunky camera.
>>
It's not bad at all. Only criticism I have is that it's way too short compared to the Banjo games.
>>386270739
Fuck off, youtuber trash
>>
>>386270823
There's plenty of jumping in the game.
The mini-games are hit and miss - There not bad, but they're alright at best.
As for the controls and camera. The controls are pretty tight overall. The camera isn't bad at all. I don't know why people can't handle having a camera that you can independently controlled from the character - Seems like most people are used to a camera that moves where the character is facing.
>>
>>386270823
>Camera
Outside of the Rampo fight I never had a problem with it, to the point where I don't understand why everbody is complaining about it.

Flappy flight controls are tough aiming at individual quillies
>>
>>386270821
So you use your moves wisely.
>>
>>386270823
they patched the camera issues
>>
I just finished it and I found it quite a drag to finish, even for a collect-a-thon as short as this one. The constant 4th wall breaks get annoying very quickly and the mini-games range from piss easy to annoying with no inbetween.
>>
>>386270517
It is the very definition and essence of mediocre, from the top to bottom. One of Grant Kirkhope's most low-energy efforts I've ever heard, visuals look like typical Unity shit with realistic lighting on cartoony models which I personally think clashes like hell. BOTW would be an opposite example where the lighting system was obviously tuned to complement the cartoon models as much as possible.

Y-L only does anything if it was already done in Banjo 1 or 2, and each of these elements it recycles, it does worse than either. The levels start pathetically small trying to accommodate people who like Banjo 1 level design, while the pagies let you "expand" the levels into their obviously intended full size that's meant to accommodate fans of Banjo 2 level design.

The voice thing, jesus christ, it's such a charmless, badly audio-mixed copy of whatever they did on ancient late 90s computers for the original games. The worst is that now there's a lot more shitty cutscenes of terrible unfunny dialogue using burps and buhs, some several minutes long, with none of the overflowing humor of the original villains like Gruntilda. Capital Bee is a nothing villain who never has anything interesting to say. He taunts you in the hub world because Grunty taunted you in Banjo's hub worlds, and his taunts sometimes don't even have jokes, in addition to not rhyming or being more than lame puns.

The Quills are a really bad knockoff of the Notes, but not placed in the same manner (showing places you can go, leading you to secrets, encouraging you to look in every direction). Quills are all over the place like a bag of feathers was just upended onto the level
>>
>>386270517
Get Snake Pass
>>
>>386274000
so overall i would say get a better indie game, pretty much any recent indie would give you more fun, Dead Cells, Shantae Half Genie Hero, even Snake Pass would be better than this despite visually looking very similar
>>
>>386270927
Whats wrong with dunkey?
>>
>>386270517
>donate 15$ cause I have nothing else better to do
>toaster of a computer won't play it
>get a better computer
>it's mediocre
>so boring I couldn't finish it
I'm glad i only donated 15
>>
Camera's a little annoying, but I like it. I mean it's not Banjo-Kazooie but it's enjoyable. I kicked in $16 for it, and am not disappointed.
>>
>>386274195
Why do these keep getting compared despite being so different, Snake pass is a game pretty much entirely about exploring a world via climbing, YL, is about exploring a world through puzzles, minigames, and special moves
>>
It's a solid 7.
Anyone who says you'll like it if you enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie is making a big generalization since the game is more like Tooie except with less variety when it comes to minigames and worse level design.
>>
>>386274454
Hes a simpleton with self admitted poorly informed opinions. But still tries to pass of his word as law when making videos for his primarily underaged fanbase.
>>
>>386274000
>All that shit taste
>>
>>386276956
He's right though
>>
File: Unbox_Twitch_Box_Art.jpg (207KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Unbox_Twitch_Box_Art.jpg
207KB, 600x800px
>>386270517
You should try this game, its exactly what you're after
>>
File: 1484295943445.jpg (70KB, 600x499px) Image search: [Google]
1484295943445.jpg
70KB, 600x499px
Am I better off playing Banjo?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.