[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario 64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

This game is pretty good but the soundtrack is honestly underwhelming not only compared to later 3D Marios like the Galaxy games but to other platformers at the time like Banjo Kazooie.

There's like 3 good original songs and they use the same 5 songs for all 15 levels. The songs that are good are pretty memorable but I'd would have liked more variety.
>>
>>386269925
Banjo isn't really a comparable contemporary.

A fairer comparison would probably be Bubsy 3D or something.
>>
>>386270272
Why not?
>>
>>386269925
More variety would have been nice I suppose, but what is there is unforgettable IMO.

Dire Docks and Dry Dry Desert are in my top 20 "getting high" songs.
>>
>>386269925
The soundtrack is 10/10 and so is everything else. Mario 64 is the best game ever made.
>>
>>386270272
A lot happened in that generation for 3D platforming games. It really is just my opinion, but I think it's probably better to take more specific vertical slices. Like early, mid, and late. Banjo would be better examined alongside Spyro, etc.
>>
>>386270480
Oh, I responded to wrong post. Here's your (you).
>>
>>386269925
I liked every song in the game
>>
>>386269925

I agree there probably weren't enough songs, but the songs that WERE there were pretty amazing

dire dire docks - amazing gorgeous and atmospheric. I love how it gains strings when you enter the water, and when you surface later in the level, it picks up drums
Bowser level music - Very epic and catchy
Boo's mansion - God-tier ambient scary track
Hazy Maze Cave - Again a very special ambient track
>>
File: 1497805056407.jpg (18KB, 636x466px) Image search: [Google]
1497805056407.jpg
18KB, 636x466px
>>386269925
I'd like to point out anon that the OST in super mario 64 is suppose to be extremley ambient and Atmospheric for the sake of immersing you into the game.

Alot of the songs themselves can straight up change depending on the area of the level your in or if your in some sort of state like in water or flying.

That's what the artist were trying to accomplish and they did it nearly flawlessly with the ost. Most of them are charming and peaceful while also being catchy and unforgettable.
>>
I think it services the game perfectly. Anything different would've grated while trying to get all a level's stars.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.