[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Pillars of Eternity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: poe.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
What do you think of Pillars of Eternity?
>>
It was a great game overall, and very comfy to play. Writing and world building was well done, but it plays on a very safe level. It's obvious what the game is aiming to do and who is the focus, which takes away some of its merits
It goes on for longer than it should and can get tiresome
Combat encounters are very poorly designed, they're straight up boring, the system isn't deep and, well, it's RTwP, but the bad kind
>>
my main opinion of pillars is that /v/ is fucking retarded. good game desu, 2 will probably be extremely good
>>
>>386267570
PoE is a game that barely anyone on /v/ has actually played. The main reason to meme on it is usually "sjw cucks" from the backer message change. Yes, this board is a really absurd place.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (157KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
157KB, 635x475px
29th August on PS4
>>
>>386267751
I think a lot of people only played the release version, and are ignorant of the updates. there's also a lot of 'anti balance' people, who are just completely retarded and have zero arguments
>>
Its good but you don't rebalance a fucking single player game 30 fucking times. The fuck is wrong with these devs? This shit plays completely different from when it was released, there's no reason to rebalance classes in single player game since there's no competition. Maybe if there's a massive glaring issue but they nerfed almost everything into oblivion.
>>
Any advice for someone that's never played a crpg? Was thinking about being a Wizard.
>>
>>386268012
I agree with you
Just leave the game the way it is, the only rebalance a single player game needs is straight up BROKEN things or useless shit, but if something is really strong and fun to use, don't ruin the fun for fucks sake
>>
>>386266614
It's good, perhaps even great. But it feels really safe in some aspects. I think that if they took more risks with their writing it would have been better.
I think Tyranny was supposed to be that but that game is also unfinished because of Paradox. Buy the DLC goy
>>
>>386268012
there's nothing wrong with balance improvements to singleplayer games, kill yourself
>>
>>386268431
Balance is anti-fun.

In a single player game who gives a FUCK about balance as long as you can make it through the game on every class?
>>
>>386268431
No, you kill yourself. I mean seriously. Go to the kitchen, get a knife, and stab it into your chest. Do it. Do it faggot. I dare you. Kill yourself. Do it, honestly, what else do you have to live for? Seriously, ask yourself that question. And then kill yourself.

Also do it on a live stream on facebook. Those are always fun.
>>
>>386268265
wizard or priest/monk is always a go to if you're newcommer
>>
>>386268431
>Play the original deus ex game at release
>Have a shitton of fun because melee weapons are incredibly strong
>replay the game a decade after
>Remember how much fun I had with that build back then
>Try it again
>It's trash and boring

>Play F2 on release with an unnarmed + crit build
>Enjoy the shit out of the game
>replay F2 again 15 years later
>The old build I used to enjoy is boring and ruins the game for me

Thank god old devs weren't retards like Sawyer
>>
Writing and story are top notch. World is interesting and rewards exploration. Good class/race variety and custom parties like BG was a good move. Put like 300 hours into it and had a lot of fun.

Biggest complaint I have is that the combat is suuuper dated. It feels like Baldur's Gate combat. Divinity: Original Sin did a great job at updating that old combat formula and making it more interesting and fun.
>>
>>386269414
It feels worse than Baldur's Gate combat because it takes your whole team wailing on a single normal enemy for 5 rounds to kill something, whereas in Baldur's Gate it felt like your dudes could 1v1 other dudes except some bosses (which you could still use good strats to kill easily).
>>
>>386269664
That and the AI pathing is absolute dogshit. Can't tell you how many times I had to do serious micromanagement on my party just to get them to walk through a doorway or something to go attack enemies.

Still it's a good game with a lot of heart and love put into it. Looking forward to the sequel and hoping it improved on those aspects.
>>
>>386268601
you forgot to explain how it's 'anti-fun'. I think having a wider variety of viable options is fun

>>386268742
no, you do it gaylord

>>386269057
just play on easy mode, then everything can be "fun" and "strong"
>>
>>386266614
Overrated
>>
File: so many spells.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
so many spells.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
>>386268969
Anyone have any advice on which types of spells I should be pay attention to?
>>
>>386269860
Because you don't have a wider range of options, you have the same range of options only none of them really differ that much because they're all exactly as effective due to being balanced into boringness.
>>
>>386269954
theyre all use i mean balanced
>>
>>386269998
so when a thing is unintentionally way too strong, or unusably weak, the devs fixing the balance so they work as intended is bad somehow
>>
>>386270109
Things being strong is fun

Things being weak presents a challenge

Devs are fucking retarded and when they accidentally make something gold they shouldn't be allowed to wreck it.
>>
>>386269954
Debuff spells with the longest duration possible
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX!
>>
>>386269860
No, you kill yourself. Do it. Just do it .
>>
>>386266614
Not good.
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117KB, 210x330px
It's my favorite RPG released within the past decade, but that doesn't mean it's flawless. Far from it.
>Those fucking load times by the end of the game
>Backer NPCs
>Too many trash mobs
>15 Level Dungeon sucks
>Defiance Bay and Act 2 in general suffer a lot from pacing issues
>Writing could have been way better
>Kana Rua
I could go on. I still think it's good, though. And I cannot wait for Deadfire.
>>
>>386270323
why do you think this, and have you ever considered that it's a result of your learning difficulties
>>
Go away Sawyer, you literal cuck.
>>
>>386272035
>pacing issues
but don't you think the main plot is always going to be like this when the game is nonlinear?
and leave kana alone faggot
>>
>>386273837
HELLO?
>>
>>386267773
There's no way the battle system of PoE can be well ported to controllers
>>
>>386268012
>>386268274
The enemies use the same skills you do. If something is blatantly more overpowered, it's no fun if you get wrecked by it. Git gud.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.