[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maplestory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1200px-MapleStory.SVG.png (76KB, 1200x464px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-MapleStory.SVG.png
76KB, 1200x464px
Can we agree this is where this game went total shit?

I give it a go after year of not playing and holy shit it went to absolute craps. The long awaited V update turned out to be a big fucking shit im not kidding I haven't seen anything like this in any MMO there literally a quest that require you to be ONLINE for a freaking 20 hours.

seriously I just wanted to explore the new era but now I gotta stay logged in for 20 hours not to mention the quest chain that was before it.

My second complaint about This game it turned into a big grindy shit that focus on top players, like there no way to obtain new end game gears unless you beat a raid boss, and this raid boss is way too hard that you gonna need a minimum party of 10 people with like 8M range, and there no way you getting that range unless you been playing
for years and have spent ton of money.

Also some of new maps cant be accessed before lvl 220 & 225 wtf.
>>
File: ann_thumb_540x304q423.jpg (59KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
ann_thumb_540x304q423.jpg
59KB, 540x304px
>>386260251
Wrong image
>>
>the 5th advancement at level 200 requires a bit of dedication
woooooooooooooooooow

just leave it on overnight you sperg
>>
>>386260251
It went to shit the moment it became p2w.
>>
>>386260662
Nu-Maplestory players don't understand that job advancements used to actually take time and effort to complete.
>>
>>386260662
This shit shouldn't be acceptable 20 hours of staying online just to clear a required quest sucks. Unless you are treating the game as a job you cant defend this.

I can beat a new a game a possibly get all the achievements in that period of times.
>>
The absolute breaking point was when they introduced potentials and cubing. I didn't mind being a f2p player until that shit came out. Then I just hard quit and never went back.

Some people say Big Bang ruined the game, but I say the game was way too fucking grinding before that update. I'd say the Chaos update was when it starting going to shit when they completely changed the original classes.
>>
>>386261158
It's not even 20 hours, you fucking retard.
It's 2 hours being online per stone and 8 hours between being able to charge each of them, during which you can be offline.
No surprise someone with reading comprehension as shitty as yours is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>386261158
If it was 20 hours in a row I would even agree with you, but i'ts nowhere close
>>
File: face.jpg (12KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
12KB, 205x205px
>>386260912
>Maplestory was ever not p2w
>>
>>386261016
They are turning the game into a cash grab the new bosses are way too difficult to beat, and you only need to do beat them for months just for an equipment.

People with noone to play with are fucked for eternity because they will stuck with root abyss gear forever.
>>
reminder that mapleglobal releases this month
>>
>>386260331
I believe your image has 1 too many V's and two too few B's.
>>
>>386261502
>are turning

It's a cashgrab since cubes exist.
>>
>>386261565
What?
>>
it went down with the explosion [i think this is the name, my memories fuzzy] and big bang, and the dual blade update
>>
Holy shit I haven't played this game in so long
Brb installing
>>
File: 1474668532342.jpg (56KB, 1022x547px) Image search: [Google]
1474668532342.jpg
56KB, 1022x547px
>this game is still a thing

Holy shit. What the hell, I haven't played this in ages and remember getting so fucking bored with it after about a day.
>>
>>386261451
>wizet
>>
>>386261347
You have to stay online for the count time to work. If you are not online it will not change. so you will have to be on for at least 20 hours.

If you just wanted to see the new skills and maps this shit make me almost wanna uninstall it again.
>>
>>386261784
Don't install it unless you're rich and don't mind spending hundreds of dollars on it.
>>
>>386261817
Did they change it? Because last time I played you could be offline during both 8 hour phases.
>>
>>386261879
it's always funny to read the musings of retards who haven't touched the game in 8 years and are talking based only on nostalgia
>>
>>386261879
Just gonna get on my NL and fuck around in Leafre, don't have time to start grinding 14 hours a day
>>
It went down hill for me personally when stats stopped being important. It used to be that you could manipulate your stats and you could do whatever you wanted if you did it right. If you were level 15 but got the right buffs, gears, and played your stats right, you could kill level 25 enemies no problem. Accuracy is literally not even used now, if you're 5 levels of you're gonna just miss a lot for no reason. Low dex isn't a thing anymore, healers aren't necessary anymore, they just messed up the best dynamics to the game
>>
File: fuck I left the stove on.jpg (12KB, 271x317px) Image search: [Google]
fuck I left the stove on.jpg
12KB, 271x317px
>>386260251
I only get turned off by the game due to the late game being quite time consuming to achieve, even on the new reboot server grinding mesos for cubes takes fucking forever. So i can never get good enough gear to fight the hard bosses and get things like fafnir or that shit from damien. Also I only have 3 friends that are interested in the game so we cant group up and fight a boss when the highest dmg is me at like 470-520k range which is absolute shit.

I still think the game is fun, and I absolutely love the aesthetics of the game, which sadly drags me into spending money to make me look anime as fuck. Which lead me to realize I should stop playing it.

Add on the fact that Aran's 5th job is fucking boring.
>>
>>386262259
All the 5th jobs are relatively uninteresting, only like 2 active skills and a whole lot of grind to make them good.

game mostly shines at making new characters and constantly finding little optimizations to reaching 150 with em, there's enough diversity in the instance dungeons to at least have fun with that for a while
>>
The moment they released the Cygnus classes
>>
>>386262428
>Zero ZA WARUDO is boring
>can literally freeze bosses
you wut mate?
>>
>>386261016
>Nu-maplestory
Grinding for half year and spending 20B on a single equipment is the norm now? Not to mention how difficult that boss is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZQfjPCIHU

Maplestory was never time consuming and pay 2 win as now son.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.