[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda Timeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

Will they update it to include BOTW?

I could see them doing a game that explains the convergence unless they make Hyrule Warriors that game
>>
Am I the only one who thought the release of the official timeline meant they would be able to stick to it from there on?
>>
Who gives a shit? The timeline doesn't matter unless you're a legitimate autist.
>>
File: 1476045620996.png (89KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1476045620996.png
89KB, 281x301px
>>386258539
>There are still people who haven't realized that BotW is a merger of all three
>>
>>386259073
No, it's post merger. Something had to have merged them
>>
>>386259336
Ganon's transformation into Calamity Ganon probably did that.
>>
>>386259460
I could see them making that into a game
>>
>>386258539
Zelda is my favourite franchise and I legitimately don't give a fuck about the timeline. I thought it was a cool idea when I was 10.
>>
File: nintendo bs.jpg (512KB, 1124x1927px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo bs.jpg
512KB, 1124x1927px
>>386258539
>>386259073
>>386259336
They already updated it.
>>
>>386259073
>>386259336
you're both right

>>386261101
I actually like this kek
too bad some games there aren't canon
>>
>>386261101
I accept this as canon
>>
>>386258750
Want to know how I know you used to post in GameFAQs fag?
>>
I thought it was pretty clear that they purposefully made the game not fit into the timeline at all.
>>
>>386263787
idiot.
>>
This thread is a joke, right? Like the Mario lore timeline? No one actually takes the "backstory" of this children's game seriously, do they?
>>
The "Zelda Timeline" only exists because Wind Waker's shit story was an unnecessary sequel to Ocarina that contradicted Majora's Mask. Look how fucking lopsided the timeline is, most of the games are in the Downfall timeline because they aren't directly related to Ocarina

The worst of it is the Four Sword games which clearly were never intended to be related to Ocarina, the fuck are they doing there?

Breath of the Wild was smart to avoid this shit. Skyward Sword was a mistake that taught them to take this shit more seriously
>>
File: gsg-daniela-windfish.jpg (466KB, 1000x1362px) Image search: [Google]
gsg-daniela-windfish.jpg
466KB, 1000x1362px
It's all a dream/nightmare, that's why the Windfish theme is in Hyrule Castle and why so many ruins match up with LA
>>
>>386264661
>The "Zelda Timeline" only exists because Wind Waker's shit story was an unnecessary sequel to Ocarina that contradicted Majora's Mask.

MM was the unnecessary sequel. The majority of OoT is spent as Adult Link. That is the timeline where Link defeats Ganon and the world where the player's emotional investment lies.
>>
>>386265430
Majora's Mask follows up Ocarina's ending. Ganondorf coming back is par for the course. Remember, back in the 90s every other Zelda game was just another Link vs. Ganon with no true connection to one-another, and each got a sequel starring the same Link and what happened afterwards

Wind Waker goes and "follows up" a plot line in the most retarded way possible by being set in the distant future where none of that shit matters anymore. It's the same dumb as fuck writing as Mother 3

There was no lore until Wind Waker forced it. It was just an anthology series like Final Fantasy
>>
>>386265743
>mother 3
>dumb as fuck writing

>acting like WW did anything OoT didn't already establish itself just to shit on the game
>>
>>386265743
>Majora's Mask follows up Ocarina's ending

Ocarina's entire purpose was to serve as a backstory to a Link to the Past. It depicts several events first alluded to in LttP such as Ganondorf obtaining the Triforce, becoming Ganon, and being sealed away by the original seven sages. There was no reason to have Zelda undo all of that and send Link back to childhood unless the plan was for a split timeline from the get-go. If they didn't want a split timeline they should've had MM take place after Adult Link defeated Ganon

>There was no lore until Wind Waker forced it. It was just an anthology series like Final Fantasy

And if gave us the most interesting telling of the traditional Triforce story (Link/Zelda/Ganon) in the series. More power to it for that.
>>
>>386266048
Mother 3 is a bad sequel because it drops pretty much what made the first two games enjoyable for a feels story. It might as well not be a sequel at all

Wind Waker is pointless as a sequel. It didn't need to be directly related to Ocarina, all the Hero of Time references just felt like pandering. It didn't want to move on or take the series in a new direction, it just threw in a bunch of ideas and rushed out to release which anybody can see by the amount of obviously scrapped content or padding the game has

>>386266151
Nintendo makes this shit up as they go along. Sure it's Ganon's backstory, but it was more trying to bring Zelda into 3D than build epic lore. It doesn't care about ALttP, same as ALttP not really caring about Zelda 1

Also what's even interesting about the Triforce in Wind Waker? Hunting for it?
>>
>>386266441
>Mother 3 is a bad sequel
Stop right there criminal scum
>>
better question, which timeline has the best games?
>The Dark Wold and The Hero's Descendants master race
>>
>>386265743
>There was no lore until Wind Waker forced it. It was just an anthology series like Final Fantasy
>zelda II is clear sequel
>ALttP is clear prequel
>OoT is clear prequel to that
>MM is direct sequel to that
Yep, definitely no connection between any of these games until WW.
>>
>>386267291
Downfall by virtue of having the most

Adult Timeline a shit and Child is pretty fucking meh
>>
>>386266441
>Also what's even interesting about the Triforce in Wind Waker? Hunting for it?

I meant that it had the best incarnation of Link, Zelda (before BotW), and Ganon as well as an ending that wasn't just a setup for Ganondorf to come back in the sequel.
>>
>>386267371
None of them billed themselves as prequels, they were mostly stand-alone

Hell, Miyamoto said ALttP was a sequel to the original Zelda back in the 90s. Totally a lore-heavy series

>>386267457
That's fair enough I guess, but mostly because the other games don't even try
>>
>>386267528
And I think the series benefits from having more effort put into the lore.
>>
File: Fuck the duck.jpg (62KB, 472x544px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck the duck.jpg
62KB, 472x544px
>>386267651
>They put more effort into the lore
>We get Skyward Sword

>They ditch it
>We get Breath of the Wild
>>
File: hyrule matched up2.jpg (602KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
hyrule matched up2.jpg
602KB, 1936x2592px
>>386266441
>Wind Waker is pointless as a sequel. It didn't need to be directly related to Ocarina, all the Hero of Time references just felt like pandering. It didn't want to move on or take the series in a new direction, it just threw in a bunch of ideas and rushed out to release
The worst part is how that stuck with the rest of the games in the series, even BOTW which was all about taking Zelda in new directions relied heavily on OoT for its characters, story, world, etc

Everyone saying it added to "muh lore" but making WW take place in a port town in Hyrule by the sea would've been far better than just flooding everything and actually expanded on Hyrule's geology in a natural way
>>
>>386266441
Being more story driven was one of its strengths and helped to differentiate it from mother 2. Otherwise, it's the same thing twice.
Plus, mother 1 isn't very much like its sequel either.

While I do agree that having that bit of exposition to explain the flood is stupid and they could've just made it a coastal area at the end of hyrule, it never detracts from either game.
It's just a nitpick that has very little to do with the cut content.

and >>386266151 means the triforce users, not the triforce itself.
>>
File: alttp box back.jpg (75KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
alttp box back.jpg
75KB, 640x439px
>>386267528
>None of them billed themselves as prequels
On top of pic related, OoT is very clearly the origin story of Ganon as referenced by ALttP.

You sidestepped talking about the direct sequels. With sequels uncontested and prequels obvious or even specifically mentioned on the box, the connection between games is pretty clear.
>>
>>386267739
Time is not the same as effort. Skyward Sword spent a lot of time telling you it's story but it was dull and lazy. Breath of the Wild spent less time with its lore but what was there was much more well-thought-out
>>
>>386267814
and would've actually*
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.