[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the fucking appeal of the souls-genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1499611138532.png (282KB, 680x379px) Image search: [Google]
1499611138532.png
282KB, 680x379px
Whats the fucking appeal of the souls-genre
>>
>>386252763

Crash Bandicoot is the best souls game.
>>
File: lolishrug.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
lolishrug.png
99KB, 234x231px
I like the invading system. It's pretty much the reason I play bloodborne, desu.
>>
>>386252763
An action game with slight rpg elements that rewards coordination, or at least memory and multiple tries to overcome hurdles. Every boss or zone, once completed, offers endorphin release that most games don't really compare to anymore, because a lot of games are just piss easy. Not that Dark Souls is particularly hard, but it's harder than most other games on the market.
>>
it's fun
>>
>>386252763
Some bosses are hard
>>
some things are hard and you feel good when you beat hard things
>>
File: 1501493405917.jpg (40KB, 412x387px) Image search: [Google]
1501493405917.jpg
40KB, 412x387px
>>386252763
>filthyfrank
>>
It satiates my inner Chuuni
>>
>>386254221
>criminalscum
>>
>>386252763
It's the only game that feels really good to progress through because you know you're doing what thousands of casuals couldn't do

That said, the games aren't even hard once you get used to the mechanics, just a great challenge
>>
>>386252763
I like the methodical weighty combat and the exploration.
>>
>>386252763
I played through Demon Souls and didn't much like the gameplay.

What hooked me on Dark souls was the inter-linking levels.

Dark Souls 2 feels like the Doom 64 of Dark Souls. Just some crazy level mod. Like, they didn't have to design a new engine, all they had to do was design new levels. So, they took the same development time as Dark Souls 1 but started building out levels and areas from the beginning and ended up with way too many.

Bloodborne I couldn't finish.
Dark Souls 3 I couldn't finish.

Then I realized the level design of the original Dark Souls is what made me love the game. I don't need more enemies or harder enemies. I just need dark fantasy lands with multiple branching paths.
>>
>>386252763

I like games where you explore dangerous, dying worlds with great art design.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.