[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still active enough to pick up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: r6.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
r6.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Is it still active enough to pick up?
>>
yes, its growing
>>
it's one of the most active games on every system
>>
>>386250702

>make Ding Chavez's go-code boogaloo into a gay "hero" shooter

If I could turn back time
If I could find a waaay
>>
The player count has only gone up since release. It's the rare online game that's actually succeeded on solid gameplay and word of mouth, rather than initial hype.
>>
>>386250878
I just remember The Division coming out right after, so that's what I went with. Seemed like poor business sense from Ubi.

The Division was a mistake.
>>
File: 1487350319620.jpg (6KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
1487350319620.jpg
6KB, 215x234px
Its very active. During peak hours on weekends, typically about 40k+ players are online on steam.

25-35k usually on non peak hours in the middle of the week. So the game is actually doing extremely well currently, and has been on the up for a while.

However, the games netcode alone is enough to not play it. It has the worst peakers advantage ever seen in a modern mmo, which completely kills the game full stop.
>>
>>386250702
>http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-surges-20-million-player-milestone/
Yup but with high numbers comes high amount of complete retards. You should get at least one or two friends to party up with you.
>>
>>386250967
The netcode has actually been getting better during Operation Health. It's still not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was.
>>
>>386250967
>However, the games netcode alone is enough to not play it. It has the worst peakers advantage ever seen in a modern mmo, which completely kills the game full stop.

Fucking this.

I like the game, but I don't know how its been able to continue growing. Anybody who is reasonably decent at this game knows it completely comes down to abusing peak advantage.

>>386251156
Yeah, people keep saying this, but the general consensus is that operation health has created even more problems, than it has solved.
>>
File: 1456675557886.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1456675557886.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>386250967
>ever seen in a modern mmo
>>
>>386251415
Yeah, I've been up for 38 or so hours, I have no idea why I typed mmo instead of fps.
>>
>>386250962
My friend and I both initially thought siege was going to be shit and the division would last longer. I'm so happy I was wrong and bought siege.
>>
>>386250702
Yeah. But probably not worth playing until Ubisoft gets it shit together.

>>386251156
>The netcode has actually been getting better during Operation Health.
But a lot of other things got significantly worse. Ubi really fucked up.
>>
>>386250702
Although Ubisoft has been fucking it up since season 3 the game is still growing and they are maintaining the game.
>>
File: 1494255974839.jpg (124KB, 700x974px) Image search: [Google]
1494255974839.jpg
124KB, 700x974px
After 500 hours, I can say that the game has huge potential. However, operation health has been quite a big blunder.

On top of that, the other anon is right that in high levels of play, the game totally boils down to abusing the blatant peak advantage. The netcode in this game is astonishingly bad.
>>
>>386250827
I guess Ding "Best Stats in the Game" Chavez is a "hero" too
>>
>>386251778
>>386251328
What is peak advantage?
>>
>>386251852
Peakers advantage occurs because of bad netcode. So I'm sure you know what peaking in an fps is, and I won't bother explaining that.

Basically what happens with peakers advantage in R6, is you can be watching a window for example, the peaker can peak the window, dome you, and then unpeak the window, before he even appears on your screen.

If something can be peaked, someone will abuse the peak advantage. It becomes especially bad when people do it with the 3 speed characters, and can rapidly peak and repeak without you actually being able to see them whatsoever. This leads to you dying extremely often to people you have 0 opportunity of defending yourself from, because they understand how the advantage works.

Because of this, the game will never actually be taken seriously.
>>
>>386252207
I was considering buying the game, but after reading your post, and doing some googling, that sounds like absolute pure cancer.
>>
File: Doom.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>386250702
>Jager mains are the fucking cancer of the game/10

Buy it faggot
>>
It's PEEK, not PEAK, RREEEEE.

A mountain has a peak.
He peeked around the corner.
>>
>>386252570
The game is still fucking great for casual play. You would be missing out and go back to being depressed about muh no good vidya for a shitty reason.
>>
It’s trash
I got the Vegas bundle so wasn’t a complete ripoff but still
>>
>>386252570
every game has it until we invent netcode that can bend time
>>
>>386250702

thanks gabe nearly decaxde old games are still active enough
>>
>>386253080
Yea, but other fps has netcode that is good enough to minimize the advantage to an absolute minimum, and it isn't noticeable most of the time.

It is completely blatant in this game. So this isn't an argument.
>>
>>386252570
If you play as a casual in the lower ranks peeker's advantage mostly doesn't matter since no one knows how to play optimally.

But once you get to high level (like high gold/plat/diamond) you start to really see the cracks in the game design. Since headshots are an instant kill no matter from what range and with what weapon the game devolves purely into holding and peeking angles. Some people like that, but it also means the best characters are the fastest ones since you can abuse the netcode. This results in matches where you just prefire around every single corner you suspect the enemy is at and kill them before they ever see you. Duels just turn into prefiring fuckfests as people pop in and out burst firing and if you ever happen to run into someone.

This also bleeds over into other aspects of gameplay where since 3 speed characters are the best peekers the game is very fast paced. It's not uncommon to watch high level tournaments and see people just running around everywhere if they're not holding an angle. It really makes the game feel more like call of duty than old Rainbow six. And since flashbangs/grenades are client side they are extremely unreliable so you don't have ways to play any other strategy.

RB6 is a great shooter, but until they fix the netcode and make efforts to make the game better instead of throwing out skins and lootcrates, I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>386252864
Yeah, but I have other games I'm currently enjoying, so I'm not missing out whatsoever.

I know the moment I get peeked and can't see the person and die to them, I will feel I have wasted my money.
>>
>>386250702
Why would you want to pick up some garbage?
>>
File: 1501493405917.jpg (40KB, 412x387px) Image search: [Google]
1501493405917.jpg
40KB, 412x387px
>>386250967
>mmo
>>
>>386253080
Depends on the game. CS:GO is a good comparison.

The netcode there actually isn't awful ever since Valve patched it. Also your characters aren't nearly as fast as the 3speed operators in R6S so the effect is further minimized. The addition of useful grenades (smokes/flashbangs) also means you can break these stupid peeking standoffs. And finally the maps are in general more open in comparison to Siege's CQC oriented maps so the skill comes down more to flex aiming than peeking.

I'm also pretty sure Siege's grenades are client side too, so stuff like smoke aren't even reliable.
>>
>>386252207
>peak
Its peek you inbred fuck
>>
File: caveira.png (3MB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
caveira.png
3MB, 1024x1820px
Why is it that everyone who plays as the krauts or the HUEHUEHUEs are edgy teamkilling shitters, both on casual and on ranked?
>>
>>386250736
>>386250795
Keep in mind OP that this growing community is an increasingly cancerous community getting flooded with rejects from CS:GO and other FPS games. Expect lots of team killing and general shittery until you climb to a high rank.
>>
File: 1501671739812.jpg (72KB, 682x689px) Image search: [Google]
1501671739812.jpg
72KB, 682x689px
>>386253669
Oh, AND on terrorist hunt? Literally three exceptions in the many many times I've played.
>>
>>386253306
This.
t. Plat1/diamond player who just cant find the strength to continue.
The shooting is just so abhorrent with the only meaningful stat being RoF its fucking disgusting.
After 500~ hours I just cant keep on going. Every game it just angers me how the shooting is unresponsive and it comes down to the netcode in so many situationd
>>
>>386253306
>RB6 is a great shooter, but until they fix the netcode and make efforts to make the game better instead of throwing out skins and lootcrates, I wouldn't bother.
>But once you get to high level (like high gold/plat/diamond) you start to really see the cracks in the game design.

These sum up the game very well.

People always say

>hurr every fps has peak advantage

Yes, but none of those games have netcode so bad that it makes it completely blatant. I'm diamond in r6, and playing ranked matches is a fucking hilarious joke. Everyone instantly tries to lock in a 3 speed and spawn peeks or abuses peekers advantage.

The game has a lot of popularity right now because of people flooding over from games such as CS, but it won't last long in its current state, especially when people start becoming more and more aware of the games fatal issues.
>>
>>386253509
Same applies to PUBG even though its a meme game.
Actual firefights happen since people dont get oneshot in nanoseconds.
>>
>>386252627
Why do people have a problem with Jager?
I've played about 100 hours of this game and I haven't had a problem with any Jager even in ranked.
>>
File: 1487351123107.jpg (69KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487351123107.jpg
69KB, 768x768px
I pick Fuze

On hostage
>>
>>386254186
Rank and platform?
>>
>>386254186
3 speed with AR = Defender's version of Ash.

Also he's the asshole that spawnkills the most tied with Rook in my experience.
>>
Anyone wanna carry me to Platinum? I'm on PC
>>
>>386250702
New season starts at the end of the month. Better late than never.
>>
>>386254560
>Rook

................What?
>>
>>386254186
Answer >>386254428 please.
>>
>>386255024
Silver 3. PC.
>>
>>386255000
>accurate gun with acog on a character who has done his job after pressing one button when round start
Gee I wonder. Spawnpeeking doesn't often require going outside and even if it does the distances are often short.
>>
>>386255134
>silver 3
Well that explains it, doesnt it?
>>
>>386255178
Well, every rook that I see just stay in the objective room
>>
>>386255273
Guess I'll just need to rank up.
When do people start to get good and actually work as a team?
>>
What are the "must have" characters for someone who just bought this?
>>
Anyone want to play with a lv 49?

I always do my best tho
>>
I wanted to love Siege, I like the maps verticality, the destructibility and the focus on information gathering with cameras and drones but unfortunately the game is compromised mess from a design and technical standpoint.

Ubisoft sinply didn't know what to do with it, it was presented as a slow paced immersive console shooter, but then they realized they needed to cater to the esport audience.
They made the game faster but kept the casual codlike gunplay with ads, easy spray control, 100% accuracy while strafing and the added retarded choice of making every headashot with every weapon an instakill.
They added operators late in development: most of them are gimmicky and too situational, some of them just add randomness and are frustrating to deal with, adding unnecessary variables to an already complex and uncontrollable game, others are basically mandatory every round.
They added skins, but more importantly locked dlc operators behind a frustratingly long grind.

And then you have all the technical issues that will probably never be fixed: netcode is shit, no matter what tickrate the game will always have terrible lag compensation and exaggerated peekers advantage, and a lot of bugs, glitches and exploits are still there, years from launch.
>>
>>386255452

Diamond
>>
File: the peek.jpg (181KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the peek.jpg
181KB, 1600x900px
>>386252207

>Peak Advantage

We're at the peek of me laffin now.
>>
It will only get fun once you're average level.

When you start the game you'll have people bitching at you for being bad (usually me) and not having the common sense to use your gadgets and equipment. You'll have to learn every map inside and out and operator combination strategies, including DLCs which shake things up even more. When and when not to shoot, move or even turn your camera. It's a lot to take in if you actually want to be good and not watch other people play 90% of the game. Don't skip any killcams, see how and where the enemy killed you from and try to replicate what they did when you get the chance. Learn from each death what you did wrong.

Once your skills improve and you understand the map layout and when to pick what operator, you'll enjoy the game much more and be very proud of your accomplishments when they work. A coordinated breach that goes exactly according to plan is one of the most satisfying things you can do in a multiplayer game.

Once you get a couple weeks of playtime you'll know exactly who to pick on what map and know who the enemy is going to pick you'll start enjoying the game less. You'll notice how retarded your teammates are and how incompetent ubisoft is at balance.

It's been 2 years and the game is still broken. If Operation Health don't fix it then its better just to wait for a Siege 2.
>>
its a great game

has balance issues, but as a platform for a game to continuously play, its god tier, great devs, all free content, and real fun to play

like most games you want to play forever, dont go full tryhard, dont nolife it, just play it casually, and enjoy it for what it is, too many people burn out on great games and shit on them afterwards like warframe .
>>
>>386255487
Rook, Thermite/Thatcher, Mute

All simple methods of gameplay that support the team in a big way
>>
>>386255369
Yeah, because they're fucking retarded. He cant roam due to 1speed and noise, so he has to sit still, thus the only aggression you can do is at the very beginning where his gun excels at long range.
If he dies its not a big deal because he doesnt offer anything to the team except a decent gun after using his gadget. If he trades himself for a Ash/Hibana/Thatcher its amazing.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.