[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ori and the Blind Forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
Is this worth 20 euros?

I finished Hollow Knight a while ago, and now I have an itch for more games like it, but it seems like HK has more content for a lower price.
>>
>>386250430
Ori is beautiful go for it
>>
I'd say so. I've played through it 3 times and enjoyed it well enough pretty much every time.
>>
I'm really struggling to motivate myself to keep playing this past the beginning. I really really dislike organic, curved, fluid looking level design in my platformers. I like my platformers flat and sturdy like the classics. The art style is also really busy, and the main character especially looks pretty ugly in-game.
>>
Also, is it worth to buy Definite Edition when I already have the original game? Is the new content worth it?
>>
>>386250430
It's great. It's also not that much like Hollow Knight though. The game without sequence breaks is more linear, so it leans a lot more on platforming.

IMO it has the single best 2D platformer moveset out of any of them.
>>
>>386250832
>when I already have the original game?
If you already had the original game you get the definite edition for free, atleast I did. Still 100% worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>386250430
If you're looking for a fun metroid-esq platformer, hell yeah it is
>>
>>386250906
on PC with Steam? I don't remember getting any info on that. Where can I claim it?
>>
>>386251359
>on PC with Steam?
Yeah. I just suddenly had it in my inventory.
>>
>>386250505
Your beautiful.
>>
>>386250430
genuinely good game, but the traits can make the game feel way too easy, particularly the ones that enable to save more often or heal you when you do.
>>
>>386251438
Damn I don't have it in the inventory either. Steam wants $20 for it, not gonna spend that much on it. It says there are/were some coupons that would let me get it for $5 if I already own the orignal, but can't see them either.
>>
>>386250897
I bought Hollow Knight on a whim because I was disappointed by some of the recent big releases like Dishonored 2, and felt like trying a more "game-y" experience with platforming and stuff. I didn't even expect the atmosphere and the story in Hollow Knight to be so enticing, and the mix of somber and whimsical elements made it a new personal favourite. It ignited my interest in the genre because it feels like a decent mix of mechanical challenge and environmental storytelling.

The only reason I haven't bought Ori yet is because, judging by Steam reviews, the average playtime seems much shorter than Hollow Knight. But I've heard the latter is pretty long for a Metroidvania.
>>
>>386251975
Ori is a short game, it's about 5-6 hours for a first playthrough. I think it's very replayable though.
>>
>>386251774
I recall having to buy it when it came out, but they gave me a Steam coupon at the time to get it for 5 bucks. You may have gotten one but it might have expired.
>>
>>386251975
>the average playtime seems much shorter than Hollow Knight

It is about 6-10 hours long, but don't let that put you off completely, it's very tightly paced and varied, to the point that there's never really a dull moment in my opinion
>>
>>386250832
There's not a whole lot of new content, but it's pretty good, and adds some major optional stuff which the game was originally lacking.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.