[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best entry in Total War series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Total_War_logo.png (76KB, 376x157px) Image search: [Google]
Total_War_logo.png
76KB, 376x157px
What's the best entry in Total War series?
>>
Rome>Shogun 2>Rome 2> Napoleon>Rest

I'm not putting Warhammer on the list because it's still only 1/3 a game.
>>
File: tww.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tww.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
>>386246838
The one that isn't historical funnily enough.
>>
Warhammer and Shogun 2.
Mediveal 2 is outdated clunky trash at this point.
>>
>>386246984
I wouldn't mind Medieval 3.
>>
>>386246838
It all went downhill with Rome 1
Mongol Invasion>Medieval 1>Shogun 1>>>everything else
>>
Warhammer = Medieval 2 = Atilla > the rest.
>>
>>386247124
I can't imagine the DLC whoring .
>>
>>386246838
Shogun 2
>>
Don't trust the rome 1 fags. Their nostalgia googles are really far up in their asses
>>
>>386249369
Rome 1 destroyed Total War series. Prior to it, it was legitimate wargame with realistic movement speeds and archers. After it, it become Call of Duty of RTS genre, sacrificing everything for flashyness and MP convenience.
>>
>>386246838
Shogun 2 > Warhammer > Atilla / Rome / Med 2 > Rest
>>
Whichever one is set in your favourite historical era
>>
File: 1501051142475.jpg (465KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501051142475.jpg
465KB, 1366x768px
In recent times, TW Attila
FOTS will always have a special place in my heart
>>
Rome 2 emperor edition is very good IMO. I couldn't get into Attila as much just becaused the setting was kind of shit.
Every complaint about Rome 2 got fixed already minus the game being too simple and barebones, and if you feel like that you can just install Divide et Impera.
>>
>>386246952
>Rome 2 anywhere on that list
>>
File: 358.jpg (618KB, 1896x2668px) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
618KB, 1896x2668px
>>386249635
Correct.my nigga
>>
Rome by far.
Still pisses me off that they took out the city viewer in titles after that.
>>
>>386246838
Medieval 2 with Kingdoms expansion is my favorite.

It's the most moddable total war in the entire series. It also has the best mods.

>>386246984
The mods make it more relevant than Shogun 2. It also has the superior Warhammer experience.
>>
>>386246838

EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR IS THE BEST

FIGHT ME FAGGOTS
>>
>>386252291
Rome 2 is fine after they patched it.
>>
>>386249081
This guy´s got it right
>>
>>386246838
Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai

The balance between Feudal vs Modern units was great.
>>
>>386254229
>balance
>stacking 5 Armstrong guns is balance
>>
>>386253546
Fight about what?
If the unit pathing and AI was just less buggy and moved properly and manning walls wasn't so finnicky there would be nothing to really complain about that I can think of. Early gunpowder tactics was a refreshing change to all the other games in the franchise and the campaign map being dotted with buildings outside of towns and cities to manage and target made everything more interesting with where you moved your armies and how you defended your borders. And then theres the multiple theatres in different parts of the world that really gave you that feeling of scale without bogging things down too much.

I'm adamant that making it so military units outside of passive city garrisons MUST be linked to an army under a general and limiting general capacity; either with a flat number like in Rome 2 and Atilla or with faction wide upkeep increases in Warhammer, is part of what brought the later games down a few rungs.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.