[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which mmo should i waste my life with gw2 or wow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Takato Yamamoto1.jpg (577KB, 960x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Takato Yamamoto1.jpg
577KB, 960x1005px
which mmo should i waste my life with
gw2 or wow
>>
I think guild wars is getting an update. WoW is still likely to be a better choice of those two. General thread for Guild Wars 2 is just botspam so you'd have a hard time talking about it on here if that matters to you. Honestly best thing is not getting into an MMO.
>>
Run escape
>>
Aion, but not later than 3.9.
>>
I like how GW2 is all around easier to get into and easier to get out of. There's no ties to anything, I can just quit for half a year and jump back into it for the new expansion.
>>
How's ESO? FFXIV and Tera are getting really stale and GW2 / WoW look boring.
>>
>>386236340
>General thread for Guild Wars 2 is just botspam
yeah i saw that, that's why i came here to ask what the game is like at the moment
>>386236685
I don't like ESO's combat, played it for a few months, otherwise it's a pretty solid game, but feels like a singleplayer-rpg with other players around it, doesn't feel like an MMO.
>>
>>386236070
GW2 has some pretty solid expacs. The artstyle is ok. I wish the ERP scene was less weebish and more grounded in reality.
>>
Black Desert is the only MMO worth spending your time at the moment
>>
File: odd.jpg (68KB, 310x510px) Image search: [Google]
odd.jpg
68KB, 310x510px
>>386236685
It's improved a lot since its release. Still suffers from issues all MMO's have. I believe I've heard others on here say it lacks endgame content and has some strange design decisions carried over from original release. Never played it myself.
>>
>>386236070
Wow if you have money
Gw2 if you're a cheapskate
>>
>>386236781
>>386237005
>lacks endgame content
This totally killed xiv for me, so I guess ESO isn't the game :V
Thanks for the answers tho.
>>
>>386236971
why's that?

i bought a korean SSD when it first launched and played like 10mins of the closed beta, was kinda meh. character creator was impressive, but that's about it.
>>
>>386236971
Is that why all the top players are rapidly quitting because it's garbage that doesn't have any actual content worth investing into, shitty servers, shitty balance, zero customer service, overpriced costumes, and cash based fireworks now.
Eat a dick, fuck off with bdo garbage.
>>
Gw2 is the best choice
>>
>>386236070
gw2 is a snoozefest, play wow
>>
>>386237493
ye i think i'll play WoW, just tried an 80boost character on GW2 and it's meh.

thanks for the input anons, god bless
>>
>>386236578
>>386236879
NCsoft in full swing trying to pander that new expansion that took fucking forever.
Guild Wars is dead, everyone here knew that when the original devs had nothing to do with the second game and it was just a bunch of special snowflake college kids wearing it's dead skin and parading around like they are fucking proud of the abomination.
>>
File: 1499276558506.jpg (424KB, 1024x836px) Image search: [Google]
1499276558506.jpg
424KB, 1024x836px
>>386236070

they're really different games.

If you don't mind paying $15 per month, and WANT a gear grind (nothing wrong with that). Then WoW is good, the classes have interesting but sensible rotations, the class themes are great, and the plot is interesting. There is also a ton of content going back. Arena PvP is also available, and battlegrounds. I'm not a fan of how much of an emphasis there is on not being able to kill anyone unless the healer is disabled, but thats just me.

Guild wars 2 is a game where the people running non-damage over time builds and who got ascended armor before the last expansion, are still able to use it today. There is a finite stat cap but the difficulty change from vanilla to heart of thorns was surprising, and they continue to use the fact that people have predetermined stats to make content somewhat challenging, depending on your build.

Raiding is account-bound, so you can use different characters for different bosses, and if you clear all of them on one character, you're not at a reward disadvantage to other people

The pvp is in my opinion better, if you know what you're doing. There have been times when 5 of a single build was just the best composition you could hope for, but now its more balanced, since utility skills (which often deal damage) have no cooldowns, and players can make themselves invulnerable via skills or dodging for a second or two, spamming damage into people isn't a valid option on its own.

WoW has nice reliable group compositions, gw2 has dozens that will work but 1-2 that will be the absolute best for damage.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.