[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drakengard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Drakengard_-_US_Box_Art.png (2MB, 1000x1418px) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard_-_US_Box_Art.png
2MB, 1000x1418px
I just beat Drakengard. I don't really understand what happened in the end. Each ending I expected to explain the previous ending but then each one just got more confusing.
Should I go play the other game 2 and 3? And the 2 Nier games as well?
>>
>>386234867
all of that but skip 2
>>
Drakengard 3 rewards you for sticking with it.
>>
>>386234867
Play the Nier games ignore 2 and 3.

2 is non canon and not made by Yoko Taro so it sucks and 3 is a canon prequel but has basically no implications for the rest of the series and is unnecessary.

Nier:A > Nier > DoD > DoD3 >>>>> DoD2
>>
>>386234867
Taro is a mediocre writer so you need to read the sidematerial to understand shit.
Play 3 an Nier.
>>
File: 1498959313283.png (2MB, 1000x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1498959313283.png
2MB, 1000x1406px
Nier games are a given. Both original and Automata are great.
DoD, however, is a touchy subject. 3 is a prequel but it's really not that necessary in grand order of things and in terms of atmosphere it's mostly Taro taking a huge dump on waifufags and all-female anime casts. Consider it a black comedy and you will have some fun with it. Skip 2, it's not even directed by him and feels like a generic JRPG and Caim's appearance is the best part of it.

I generally think that Taro writes bittersweet things way better than outright edgy.
>>
>>386234867
2 is worth a playthrough once. There's no need to get every ending.
>>
Thanks. I think I got it. Nier explains what happened in Drakengard. 2 is unrelated and 3 is a prequel.
So Nier explains what exactly the gods and those seeds are?
>>
File: 1461049706990.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
1461049706990.gif
70KB, 296x335px
>>386234867
Are you a masochist?
There's literally no reason to play the first Drakengard unless you know moonspeak. The most controversial content was censored by the west.
>>
>>386239407
No. Nier doesn't explain shit. This series is not for people who need explanations.
>>
>>386239407
nier is the world after einding E of original drakengard. and shit went down south FAST.
thats all you get to know really with some schience and magic mumbo jumbo thrown in the mix.
no watchers and seeds or whatsoever.
>>
>>386239774
>ending E
The Tokyo ending?
>>
File: 1396326608920.jpg (65KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
1396326608920.jpg
65KB, 500x660px
>>386239953
yes that one.
>>
File: citizen kaine.jpg (45KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
citizen kaine.jpg
45KB, 206x305px
Why have people started throwing around the idea that Nier 1 is better than Automata? Are they mad the series is popular now? They're essentially the same game except Automata has way smoother gameplay.

>inb4 story and characters

90% of these games' story aren't even in the game and the base plots aren't even interesting until the last 5-10 hours. The ONLY thing Nier 1 has over Automata is character banter (so basically Kaine), prove me wrong.

The "story" could have ended 15 minutes into the game with Devola and Popola telling you to go fuse with the Shadowlord and unfuck everyone
>>
>>386240050
That was the weirdest ending they could have gone with.
>>
>>386240263
It makes sense.
>>
>>386240263
It makes a little more sense when you realize that eventually Drakengard's magic-filled high fantasy setting normalizes into our modern history and world, with a few wonky things like the Red Eye Disease being the cause of World War II.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.