[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the GBA Megaman games any good? If so, which ones in particular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: megamanzero_gbabox.jpg (70KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
megamanzero_gbabox.jpg
70KB, 500x497px
Are the GBA Megaman games any good? If so, which ones in particular?
>>
are you a masochist that likes hard games? are you also a turbo autist who likes to slash stuff with a laser sword while dashing or clinging on walls? then pic related is for you.
>>
>>386233752
Yes, the best in the series.
>>
>>386233752
The Zero games are all great, some less than others, but still great.
>>
>>386233752
they're fun story action games.
I don't think they're as good as X1, X2 and X4.

More on the same level as X3 and X5.
>>
>>386233873
Are they really that hard?
>>
>>386234027
nah, not really. but it's pretty challenging than your average action platformer.
>>
Appreciate the responses. Thanks, everyone.
>>
The second best MM series IMO. Zero games have the action of the X series without forgetting the platforming that made Classic series great.
>>
File: 1488505544872.png (352KB, 498x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488505544872.png
352KB, 498x450px
>>386233752
>which ones in particular?
The DS version, if your a fan of the mergaman series than the zero games are a must.
>>
>>386235847
dont listen to this fag, the buttons and input lag on the ds for this game blow donkey balls. find a used gba or gba sp and play it original.
>>
>>386235847
>toned down violence and censored script
Nah
>>
File: 1500196502183.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1500196502183.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>>386234027

They're hard if you opt out of using boss' weaknesses and stat bonuses. The game gives you several options for making life easier for you.

It's honestly not all that hard to get good at the game though and beat everything with starting gear. The game never becomes unfair in its challenge either.
>>
>>386234027
A little bit harder than your typical megaman platformer, but the real kicker is that in order to get EX skills from bosses you need to be real fuckin good.
>>
>>386233752
Yes, they're quite good. Pretty flawed (mostly due to the cramped screen space) but they also present a strong and usually fair challenge.
>>
>>386235936
>the buttons and input lag on the ds for this game blow donkey balls
wut? I can't tell the difference at all.
>>
>>386233752
Zero 1, 2 and 3 are good. They are Mega Man X style platformers that have fun action but are let down somewhat by having too much RPG-esque character growth. You start out extremely weak which makes the first stages hard as balls, but you end up so strong that the game becomes a total joke.

The Battle Network series is also good, with 1, 2, 3 and 6 all being worth playing. 3 and 6 are the best but 1 and 2 are a good introduction to the games innovative and fast-paced mix of real-time and turn-based combat.
>>
>>386236467
Zero 4 is good too. Not as good as the others, but you're wrong if you think the other games weren't flawed too.
>>
>>386234027
If you go for ex skills, that requires rank A and S, yes, you can't die a single time without ruining you ranking. It's a flaw of the series desu.
>>
>>386233752
Zero series is pretty much the best thing Megaman has ever seen.
>>
>>386237029
>rewarding players for mastering the levels is a flaw
nah
>>
>>386233752
1-3 yes
4 eh not really but sweet ending segment makes up for all the bullshit

>>386234027
Only if you go for A-S rank/ex skills. Except for 3. 3 is definitely the easiest game
>>
I hate the "no fun allowed" ranking system.
>>
>>386237197
I use cheats to get EX skills and "unlock" them as I go as rewards from bosses. It's most fun that way.
>>
>>386237197
get good
>>
>>386237297
This. More games should incentivize people to play well rather than serving all the cool stuff to shitters on a silver platter.
>>
>>386237135
Should've been implemented better, you can't even use cyber elves that improve zero mobility in risk of compromising your ranking, i've beaten all the games keeping a high rank(using a emulator with a save state at the beginning of every stage in case i died of course), it's doable, but must be extremely annoying on a real system, needing to reset the game every time you die.

Sometimes one just want to relax as well.
>>
>>386237685
You say that in the franchise with the cyber elf system
>>
>>386237685

What is the point then? the worst thing you can put in a game is BRW, once you get it you no longer need it.
>>
>>386237742
imo MMZX pulled this off well, either you watch where you hit the boss or you get a gimped biometal and now have to grind resources to repair it. Casual players still get punished for lacking skill but they aren't left out in the cold
>>
>>386233752
>If so, which ones in particular?
All of them. Play them in order. And remember that rank matters. S rank the entire game.
>>
>>386237742
Cyber elves are a crutch for bad players, why should the game not deduct from your rank for relying on them? Maintaining an A rank isn't even hard, S ranks are what require near perfect play.
>Sometimes one just wants to relax
And that's fine. If you want to relqx, you don't need those EX skills and can cruise by with your cyber elves.
>>386237908
Which fucks up your rank and brands you as a shitter. The game gives options for casuals, but if you want to see everything the game has to offer you have to take off the training wheels eventually.
>>386237979
The point is to give you more things to master after mastering the base mechanics and give you an incentive to get better. Go play any AAA title released in recent years if you want to experience everything a game has to offer with no effort. I'm sick of this mentality that games should always cater to the lowest common denominator. You either put in the effort to earn the things you want or you take what you can get.
>>
Zero is the best Megaman series. All 4 of the games are knockout classics unlike X where you get 2 or 3 good games and a bunch of garbage in between
>>
>>386235936
I played it on a 3ds and it was just fine. No remarkable difference to gba
>>
>>386238347
>effort

Unless you mean brainless button mashing there is no effort involved in MMZ
>>
>>386238347
>wanting the useful as fuck spin slash is a crutch
no
>>
>>386238756
If the game is just mindless button mashing then you shouldn't have a problem with the ranking system.
>>
>>386235936
wait, does it have input lag? plz don't tell i need to hunt down the gba games instead
>>
>>386238347
elfs are also core to the game, and you have actively seek them all out plus max them if you want to play ultimate mode. The game never tells you using them effects your rank until you get to the score board, and if you used a passive one then saved you basically have to restart the whole run.

Cyber elves were a super shitty system and shouldn't have been in at all.
>>
>>386238875

I don't, I just say its boring and meaningless to give "rewards" when you don't need them.

Same thing with DMC, if you need items you need red orbs, which are mostly adquired by doing well and getting a high rank, which means you don't need the thing in the first place.
>>
>>386234027
you have to memorise the level before you can beat them because of how god damn shitty and tiny the screen size is and how big zero is
after you've done that they're not hard
>>
>>386239058
It's not about needing them, it's about rewarding good players by spicing up the gameplay and giving bad players a carrot to chase.
>>
>>386239213

I got no "spice" on the gameplay, it was still samey to me.
>>
>>386234027
As you can see ITT they make some of the more casual players piss their diapers. More importantly they're fun as fuck.
>>
>>386239279
well as it happens, you aren't the sole arbiter of what makes for fun gameplay.
>>
>>386238993
The game might never directly tell you that it affects your rank, but it does make a big deal out of using them because it kills them
>>
>>386239279
Who the fuck cares about your shitty experience you clearly don't know shit about shit. Kill yourself.
>>
Not really. Aside from everything mentioned so far, there's a lot of arbitrary walking around and talking to people because it was made in an era where action-platformers needed to have pointless upgrade systems and a plot.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.