[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did steam just break xbox 360 controllers? dpad isn't working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Xbox-360-S-Controller.png (765KB, 1200x983px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-360-S-Controller.png
765KB, 1200x983px
did steam just break xbox 360 controllers?

dpad isn't working anymore in games, need for speed hp 2010 stopped recognizing it all together and i played the game before on the same pc, just had it reinstalled.
>>
>>386230489
>dpad isn't working anymore
they know, be glad, throw that pice of shit into the trash
>>
>>386230641

so am i to undestand other people are having the same problem?

every button on the controller works perfectly find in either big picture or non-steam games so it can't be the controller being broke
>>
>>386230938
go to
control panel > game devices
and test if the shitty dpad works there
>>
>>386231317

i don't have game devices there, windows 7
>>
>>386231658
upgrade to windows 10 already
>>
>>386232097

absolultely out of the question

as for the controller and steam, are there more reports of this? it works fine outside of steam
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvi3hhULno4

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbox+360+dpad+steam
>>
they are having tech difficulties on certain pads with this update: wireless 360 seems to work fine, it's the wired pads that are the problem. You'll have to wait for an update to fix this OP, or you could try a fresh install.
>>
File: w.jpg (514KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
514KB, 800x1200px
Buy xbone controller, the d-pad is superior and works fine with all games, so far.
>>
Some guy on /dsg/ was having troubles with it and he fixed by messing with steam big picture.
>>
>>386232831
post more shantae
>>
does DS4Windows work with Steam?
>>
>>386232831
>play fallout nv
>hotkey weapons
>cant use corners because xbone d-pad doesnt have the 'webbing' of the 360

bah
>>
File: aa5b.png (2MB, 1836x2640px) Image search: [Google]
aa5b.png
2MB, 1836x2640px
>>386233043

Diagonal inputs work fine on cross-shape d-pads, as long as they aren't third party plastic garbage.
>>
>>386232924
Yeah, it's likely that he has enabled the controller customization setting in Big Picture, that screws up the pad when you try to play a game that has native conttoller support. Go and check if it is enabled, OP.
>>
File: IMG_2963.png (5KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.png
5KB, 387x429px
>>386230489
Personally, this is the best controller released to date. Fits perfectly in the hand and everything is reachable at a comfortable distance.
>>
>>386231658
It's in there somewhere
>>
Anyone know what the best controller for the steam link is?

Bought a Steam link to stream TV and stuff to the bedroom but now I want to be able to play some stuff casually because it works so well.
Only have a Xbone controller but it only works wired and doesn't work outside big picture outside basic mouse controls. All the info on the steam link seems very vague.

Is the Steam controller worth it to play stuff like Civilization with the player made control schemes and such?
Mainly want to use it for indie shit, /vr/ games and turn based stuff.
>>
>>386231658
It's on printer and other devices IIRC
>>
>>386230489
just tried devil may cry with the xbox 360 controller and works perfectly
>>
>>386232291
Why is it out of the question? You are balls deep in Microshit already fucking download the performance and features expansion.
>>
>nfshp2010
my nigga
>>
>>386230489
Map that shit to the keyboard. Problem solved.
>>
File: razzle dazzle.jpg (52KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
razzle dazzle.jpg
52KB, 1200x630px
>>386230489
>OP

>I just checked, pic related
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.