[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I can't enjoy video games anymore because of FromSoftware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: rain.gif (296KB, 498x272px) Image search: [Google]
rain.gif
296KB, 498x272px
>Buy a PS4 and Bloodborne
>Haven't had this fun with a video game since playing the original Ratchet & Clank games as a kid on Ps2
>Beat it and try different games
>Just go back to Bloodborne and end up 100% it
>Nothing else comes close to it
>End up selling my fairly new PS4
>Play Dark Souls on my PC
>It's almost as good as Bloodborne
>Pour about 80 hours in it
>Delete my Blizzard games and everything else I'm playing except for Street Fighter
>Haven't played anything for the last two weeks but have SotFS in my library waiting to be played
Will this ever be fixed? I just want to finish the souls series and then be done with video games forever. I feel disgusted playing anything else. The only game I see myself getting in the future is FighterZ.
>>
Have you tried the new ratchet and clank?
>>
Congratulations, you've acquired a good taste.

Next play Nioh, since it's closest to Souls and there's more chances you'll like it, then look for other good/niche games you might've missed from several generations.
>>
>>386229297
Nioh is a better game than Bloodborne in every respect
>>
>guys do i fit in yet
>>
The Fromsoft games definitely raised the bar for me for a while. Instead of trying to play games that ape them, try checking out their inspirations, one I love is Ico. It has a similar tone and use of environments and an ambiguous story but a focus on exploration over combat.
>>
>>386229074
I played Bloodborne and enjoyed it. Then I started playing Dark Souls 3 and enjoyed it until...I got bores of it. I know most people will just say that it is because I played DaS 3 and not any other DaS but that's not it. I know what to expect from that game. After Bloodborne and more than half of that game, I just know that what expects me is another boss battle where I learn attack patterns and dodge accordingly after another long area full of enemies with enemy placements made to bore you.
For me the main problem is that bosses are all the same. You learn, you dodge, you attack and do that for long enough to beat them, nothing else. Areas also feel like they are all the same. The only thing that changes between the areas and the bosses is the presentation, but the mechanics are all the fucking same. I liked it in Bloodborne but after that I got tired because DaS 3 was the same game with a different palette.
>>
File: x.jpg (172KB, 610x300px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
172KB, 610x300px
>>386229267
Yes, played it a bit at a childhood friends place who loved the games too.
I felt like it got ruined, story and characters were completely different and unrealistic. It didn't come close to the mild difficulty of the original and annoying pop up tutorials or a computer voice telling you what to do was everywhere.
I did enjoy a crack in time though.
>>
File: artorias.png (1MB, 1024x849px) Image search: [Google]
artorias.png
1MB, 1024x849px
>>386229624
I genuinely don't care much about the bosses, I really like the fair one on one fights like Artorias and Gehrman but other than that the bosses are an afterthought, I love the lore you uncover, the world, the enemies, combat, items and mechanics. This is why I think I'll enjoy DaSII more than others. The third game seems far too linear for me.
>>
Bro just start replaying ratchet deadlocked over and over again like me. I honestly think I've beaten the game like 30 fucking times in my life, and I'm still not bored with it.
>>
File: 1496937267254.png (9KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
1496937267254.png
9KB, 446x399px
>From Fags that constantly go muh Bloodborne or muh Dark souls
>Meanwhile I've been waiting for AC6 for ages
>And Metal Wolf Chaos released in the west Never Ever
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.