[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legends of quick money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: s1KtYYq.jpg (499KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s1KtYYq.jpg
499KB, 1920x1200px
Let's talk about the Legend of Heroes franchise and how its the biggest scam in JRPG history.

If you played Trails in the Sky(as many did) then you'll notice one thing first and foremost: ITS FUCKING BORING!
Dialogues are boring, combat is boring, world is boring and the engine itself is just one step ahead of RPG maker.
"Fans" try to tell you that its one of the best written JRPGs out there. My ass it is! Its so cliche and standard its the quintessential JRPG trope. All the cliche characters and cliche events are in there to a point in which it feels you've played the game already. And the game does just that and nothing more.

And it gets worse: Trails of Cold Steel. You may think that this is a different game - but no it isnt. In fact, it has the EXACT SAME QUESTS! right off the bat and the EXACT SAME LOCATIONS thematically. The first other town you visit in Sky is the merchant town where you can buy anything. Guess whats the first town in Steel you visit is? Thats right: the merchant town where you can buy anything! And it continues that way.

Has there ever been a more uninspired and literally copy pasted JRPG than the LoH series? This is a rhetorical question because there hasn't been one.
I seriously wanna ask the people holding this franchise in high regards: what else have you played that such a dull and uninspired mess and obvious cash grab interests you?
>>
ADD phoneposting generation: the post

Anyone who considers Trails in the Sky to be too wordy, boring or slow paced has clearly never read a book in their life.
The strength is in its world and immersion but I'd imagine people like you were rushing from objective to objective too quickly to notice.
>>
>>386227760
Trails is fine, but I got nothing better to do so here's a free (You).
t. Ysfag
>>
>>386227760
I likes trials in the sky, it was a confy jrpg to be played in the bed. cold steel never clicked with me.
>>
>>386227760
cool story bro
>>
>>386229375
>t. Ysfag
Ys at least tries to have some gameplay. Whereas Trails was just nothing.
>>386228520
Oh its the "it has a good story" argument. No it hasn't. The thing with games with lots of dialogue and story is that they should at least try. Trails doesn't try. Its anime 101 cliches and tropes: the game.
If you honestly dont consider the time you spent with it wasted then yes, you should go and read a book for change.
>>
Bought it and the 2nd game because everyone seemed to agree it was such a great jrpg. Played it upto the last dungeon and sadly have to wholeheartedly agree with OP on this one.

Its mind crushingly boring and cliched. I've enjoyed jrpgs since the snes but this one.. i just couldnt get into.
>>
>>386227760
you're from the CS thread, right?
you still haven't posted your pics
>>
do we have confirmation that all 3 gonna be on steam?
cuz i have all 3 prepare on vita tv (my of vita broke) but if they are on steam might as well play on pc
>>
>>386231429
III is unconfirmed if coming to PC, II will follow in the coming months.
>>
File: justapinchofsalt.jpg (86KB, 960x866px) Image search: [Google]
justapinchofsalt.jpg
86KB, 960x866px
Trails in the Sky - the 3rd's ending is perhaps the most genuine feeling ending I've seen in a video game. I already knew I loved the series, but after that I was ready to call the series my favorite vidya series.

I know that doesn't mean much coming from a random anon, but I always was super serious about not having a favorite vidya since different vidya do different things great. But, for me, Trails is my favorite hands down.

I started learning Japanese around two years ago in part because I wanted to play Zero/Ao. I beat Zero a few months ago and I'm currently going through Ao now. I've got the LE for Sen III pre-ordered.

I never thought I'd love a series this much.
>>
>>386231474
oh yeah im retarded, forgot 3 not even came out yet in nipland
thanks bro
>>
Gonna invadefag this thread, and virtually rape the OP.

POST PICS
>>
>>386227760
>ITS FUCKING BORING!
Your post was 100 times more boring than any of the games.

Trails is the only series I have ever played where I cared about the NPCs because they put effort into their dialogue and fleshing them out. Maybe Grandia comes to mind if I have to think of something else.
>>
File: 1491852182763.gif (794KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1491852182763.gif
794KB, 500x446px
>>386227760

I only played through the first TiTS game. I thought it was a very solid game. Perhaps even great, but nothing ASTOUNDING. I can see why people would like the series.

That being said, what do YOU think exemplifies an amazing RPG experience? Give examples and your reasoning behind them. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>386227760
POST PICS
>>
>>386227760
Fucking hell, I want Estelle to sit all over my fucking face. I want her to wrap her thighs around my face.
I want her to be my wife.
>>
So are we now going to start Trails threads by shitting on it like with Monster Hunter?
>>
File: titab.gif (706KB, 449x197px) Image search: [Google]
titab.gif
706KB, 449x197px
>>386227760
This is the most obvious bait i've seen this year.
>>
>>386231927
yes, and OP needs to post her pics
bitch outed herself, now she needs to prove it
>>
>>386232162
>her
?
>pics
why would he/she do that? the fuck
>>
>>386227760
>>386227978
nice pasta
are you really in a position to complain about recycling shit if you're recycling your bait
>>
>>386232280
she said she was a "girl" on the Cold Steel thread, I asked if she's cute and post pics for proof.
she's not replying to me. :^(
>>
>>386231539
Just make sure you play the English version of CS when you get to them
>>
File: OP.jpg (45KB, 822x229px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
45KB, 822x229px
>>386227760
>>
>>386227760
I don't think you know what the word scam means. Don't worry most millenials on the internet don't.
>>
File: 1493844684796.jpg (30KB, 201x324px) Image search: [Google]
1493844684796.jpg
30KB, 201x324px
>>386227760
>>
>tfw you still didn't finish third after you had to go grind in the abyss for a bit
>>
>>386227760
>ITS FUCKING BORING
disagreed
>>
File: Calvard when.png (77KB, 410x458px) Image search: [Google]
Calvard when.png
77KB, 410x458px
Calvard when?
>>
>>386228520
This argument works for actually good games with actually good immersion like planescape, or baldur's gate 2. Minimalistic games also offer a better overall experience through showing rather than text-dumping, like Majora's Mask, Vagrant Story, Demon Souls, or FFT. TiTS has a genuinely poor anime-tier progression, plot, and worldbuilding.

Actually, calling it anime-tier may even be insulting to some good anime worldbuilding, like HxH, which has 5% of the text dumping this horseshit has yet it tells so much more and much better, because the world is actually interesting and things are actually designed well. This one isn't good even by those generally lower standards.

You just think it's up to standards because all you consume is mediocre anime because that's all you know. Reality is, the best of TITS is mediocre at best and on top of that it also has massive pacing issues and too much filler that doesn't build shit because it's inane pig shit in terms of quality. One of the bigger time wasters of recent times, nevermind the fact that it ends with cliffhanger shit with a dumb PLOT TWEEST like the cherry on top.
>>
>>386238298
>like HxH, which has 5% of the text dumping this horseshit has yet it tells so much more and much better, because the world is actually interesting and things are actually designed well
HAHAHAHAHAHA are you kidding me?
>>
>>386227760
>EXACT SAME LOCATIONS thematically.
the fuck does that even mean
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.