[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16

File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
Posr bad bosses
Doesn't matter why you considet them bad, post them here

I'll start
>do evil side
>final fight vs mithaneil marr
>every attack is a stun
>can 1-2 shot me despite putting literally every point in health
>look online too find out the correct way
>this IS the correct way, the developer just straight up didn't want people doing the evil side
>everyone who says they beat him did it by cheating
>>
>>386226957
everything in every game published by post-2010 EA, Activision, Bethesda or Ubisoft
>>
>>386227917
>bethesda
Dead giveaway you're a vtard.
>>
>>386226957
What game was this?
>>
Pyribbit is the only Kirby boss I disliked in the entire franchise up to that point. Completely ruins the flow of boss rush which is one of my favorite modes in all of vidya.
>>
>>386228567
>google character name
>get game
truly hard
>>
>>386226957
God hand final boss
>>
Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls 2.
I love the game but this boss is terrible.
>Unbelievably easy to cheese.
>Most of his attacks are one shot.
>Very few moves.
>You get 20% of his health for free on your first try only because of his idle state.
>Flies away to breath fire on you way too often because of his limited moveset which forces you to quickly run to the other side of the arena then come back after a (too) long jog.
>Is too big for you to see what you're fighting.
Truly the Ceaseless Discharge of Dark Souls 2.
That's too bad cause the whole area and lore of the game is hyping up an epic dragon fight, but it just sucks.
>>
>>386228837
This poster is truly underage. Mithaniel Marr is a deity from the MMO Everquest. Everquest had several spin off games, however. Having played Everquest the MMO for 7 years, I can straight up tell you that this is not from Everquest the MMO. What >>386228567 is likely asking is what spinoff this is.
>>
how hard is it for you mongs to reverse image search
>>
>>386230653
Not to mention that after you kill him, there's no new zones to explore anymore (not including DLCs) yet you're not done with the game which starts to show how rushed the ending was (very similar to Dark Souls 1 past Sen's Fortress or Anor Londo).
>>
>>386226957
>mithaniel marr bossfight
Yeah, thankfully I played the game with my brother, so one of us could block his bullshit while the other stabs his ass.
But seriously, that bossfight is a fucking insult.
>>
File: HvsQ2Ac[1].jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HvsQ2Ac[1].jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
>>386226957
>>
>>386230653

Do you have to kill him?
>>
>>386226957
I fucking remember this cunt

>kite him to the portal thing
>shoot him with level 17 bow w/ infinite arrows
>if he leaps out of position, kite around again
>rinse and repeat

Otherwise enjoy getting 1-shot or stun THEN 1-shot
>>
>>386231330
Nope but it's a Souls game; why would you not try to kill as many bosses as possible, including optional ones?
>>
File: Champions_of_Norrath_Coverart.png (153KB, 256x341px) Image search: [Google]
Champions_of_Norrath_Coverart.png
153KB, 256x341px
>>386228567
>>386228837
CHAMPIONS OF NORRATH
>>
>>386228521
Name one good boss in Shitrim or Fallout 4
>>
>>386226957
I don't remember having too much trouble with Mithaniel. It's been a while since I played the game, but I did an evil run almost every time.
>>
>>386231416

I liked the challenger approach to the whole thing. I ascended there, fought those big guys and lastly that dragon armor gold fellow on the stairs while rest of them watched and saluted. I felt like a talk with this old thing was the point thematically after all that, being acknowledged as one that can carry King's burden. No reason to up and try to kill it.
>>
>>386230653
>hit his toes a couple times
>run out in front of him
>he does the breath attack while staying on the ground, which flies over your head
>repeat until dead
I felt like a total retard when I watched my buddy do this
>>
File: 13376755824[1].png (166KB, 336x279px) Image search: [Google]
13376755824[1].png
166KB, 336x279px
>>386226957
>doing laps around the level portal to cheese him in single player

Now this takes me back
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (164KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
164KB, 1600x900px
>>386226957
The completely rebalanced gauntlet with the slayer edition, removed possibly anything that was fun, and also made the endboss almost impossible to beat if you play solo.
I have never been so livid about an update, because that is not the game I paid money for.
And from the developers of magicka and helldivers no less...
>>
>>386231353
>enjoy getting 1-shot or stun THEN 1-shot
It is even more fun when he stunlocks you without a chance to escape for the better part of a minute.
>>
>>386231681
This game sucked balls solo or even with a single friend.
Speaking of which, some Magicka fights, boss or not, were stupidly hard solo without anyone to revive you, especially in the story dlc.
>>
Ghost in infinite. The three times you fight her back to back to back
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>
Jesus fucking Christ did they drop the ball on this fight. I know musou bosses tend to be shit outside of Dragon Quest Heroes but this was an entire new plane of retardation.

Femto slowly moves towards you while generating these stun bubbles. For each HP bar you knock off of him, he can generate more, until he has damn near twenty of these bubbles following him. They do not fade away, you can't destroy them, and the bubbles will home in on you once you get close enough.

Get hit while not in Frenzy Mode? Enjoy watching a five-second animation of your character slowly falling to the ground. Get hit while in Frenzy Mode? You still flinch even though you're invincible, and since there's a shitload of these bubbles, you are basically stunlocked while Femto revs up some retarded huge combo that's guaranteed to kill you and make you repeat the last twenty floors of the Endless Eclipse.

Literally the only way you can win this fight is to ride Skeleton Knight's horse, which slowly recharges your Frenzy gauge, go into Frenzy, hit him with a Deathblow, and fall back. It takes over ten minutes to kill Femto because of this.

Berserk deserves so much better.
>>
>>386226957
every final boss in masquerades
>>
>>386230653
Him and Midir are the worst bosses in Souls series.
>>
>>386231681
>>386231904
Why don't games like this let you have AI companions?
>>
>>386228639
>Pyribbit
Thanks for the PTSD trigger
>>
>>386230921
>type mithaniel marr
>everquest pops up
>hmmm but this doesn't look like the mmo
>type mithaniel marr boss
>game pops up
how is kindergarten going faggot?
>>
File: sonic-generations-time-eater-1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-generations-time-eater-1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
ayyyyy
>THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT because the autistic kids can't be trusted to deal with clearly telegraphed attacks
>we're just going to throw in the gameplay switching mechanic even though we have no idea how to use it here
>what if he just randomly pauses the fight for no reason? that would be spooky lmao
>PRESS LB AND RB TO FINISH HIM just kidding, you have to hold them lmao :^)
>>
>>386233179
Mithaniel Marr was also a boss (raid) in Everquest too, dummy.
>http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10342
Oh would you look at that. The first thing that came up in Google. All the other links reference this boss as well. This was in Everquest, the MMO, BTW.

But hey, being an edgy teenager on the internet is so cool, am I right?
>>
>>386232453
AI companions need work put into them to be more of a boon than a burden.
Look at games like Payday 2, where they needed 4 years to make companions that were retardedly tanky to begin with acceptable substitutes for barely capable players.

Or if you want to see something really bad, look at daikatana.

Games like gauntlet also have the problem of loot. if the AI takes it, how much, how aggressively, how does it spend it? if not, etc. ...
>>
>>386233779
I played everquest a million years ago but didn't play it for long, I know how everquest looks, my fucking retarded friend
the pic in OPs post doesn't look like the MMO at all, since the mmo is kinda old, and the pic is from the ps2 era.
is being a retarded fuck on the internet fun?
>>
>>386234014
>Edgyteen the post
>>
>>386231320
You can hit him like 5 to 6 times in a row right at the round start, but the while "use the second best gear to beat the boss" nonsense is the worst.
>>
>>386234368
>get told
>write "edgy" again
>feel relieved
kok
>>
File: img_1225.jpg (67KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
img_1225.jpg
67KB, 650x650px
>>
>>386234619
>muh edge
>>
>>386235148
one more time please
>>
File: general raam.png (602KB, 908x511px) Image search: [Google]
general raam.png
602KB, 908x511px
About a billion HP
Has a minigun which will kill you in just a few hits
The darkness mechanic
Doesn't even really get stunned

Fuck that ending
>>
File: vamp2113c02[1].jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vamp2113c02[1].jpg
100KB, 640x480px
Ming Xiao fight from VtMB.

>horrible knockback
>too much hp
>spawns clones of herself
>new players unable to beat her sometimes if they didn't stat properly or have enough money to stock up on ammo
>>
>>386234697
is this LOL?
>>
File: alpha152.jpg (53KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
alpha152.jpg
53KB, 640x350px
Dodges attack
Teleports out of combo behind you
>Psshhh nothing personal kid
Combos you for over 70% health

AI reads your inputs and cheats like hell for this fight
>>
File: DS_lucifer.jpg (56KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
DS_lucifer.jpg
56KB, 256x384px
Lucifer in SMT Devil Survivor holyshit. He has three forms, constantly spawns enemies that, while not hard, delay your turn. And why is that a big deal? Because he has an attack with scaling damage that hits EVERYTHING 100% of the time. If he uses it 4 times it's over, the damage will be greater than the maximum hp cap and you will die.
>>
>>386231416
99% of things in souls game try to kill you without a thought, I usually don't feel like killing those few that are actually peaceful.
>>
>>386235528
Came to post this. I ran a full combat build on my first playthrough and killed everything before and after her with one hand behind my back, but this fucking Ctulhu chink bitch was such bullshit that I was certain there is some gimmick to this fight I'm missing. But, nah she actually was simply three time tougher than anything other in the game. Literally what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 1473326519527.jpg (40KB, 538x357px) Image search: [Google]
1473326519527.jpg
40KB, 538x357px
>>386231476
fallout 4
>>
>>386231476
The Mechanist and Harken wre both fun fights
>they're both DLC too
>>
>>386231447
He was also in this one
>>
>>386240882
Was this good? Only played the base game. Didn't this have some kind of beastmen race?
>>
>>386236889
>posting a SMT boss that isn't demifiend
>>
>>386241159
Its good I only played this one, idk if its the same game with updates but just in general this was fucking good
>>
>>386241159
It added Vah Shir and Iksar, dunno about Vah Shir but the Iksar Shaman was tons of fun to play, he could make himself into a giant.
Game is basically the same, some levels were recycled with some new content. if you liked Champions of Norath this is basically an expansion pack. More of the same, but executed competently.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.