[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you stop visiting GiantBomb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 43

When did you stop visiting GiantBomb?
>>
*webm of a dog being tortured and murdered by chinese people*
>>
I never really visited it familio

The whole gb thing of weird pseudo friend YouTube stuff is for sad friendless dorks
>>
Vinny heading east was the last straw. They were going downhill since they moved to CBSi
>>
>>386221513
Literally who?
>>
>>386221513
When ryan davis died and they featured patrick more and more. I miss ryan davis so much...
>>
>>386221513

I never started.
>>
>>386221513
I haven't stopped completely--mostly just listen to the two main podcasts while working/driving/etc.--- but the period between Ryan's death and Dan signing on was the roughest downturn in quality of any publication to my knowledge.

Have not watched an UPF or a Playdate ever though.
>>
>>386221705
Same here my man. Sucks really, nothing beats classic GB.
>>
*webm of a dog being beaten with a large stick and boiled alive in a bot of water*
>>
Is the Giantbomb forums the most cancerous thing on the internet?

I firmly believe if any of the crew posted jokes in alt accounts even their asses would get banned
>>
>>386221513
after the new hires, they are just excruciatingly boring, I have no idea why jeff looked at ben and thought that he would bring anything interesting or energetic to west, east has too many shit locked in premium so I don't even care about them.

it was a rather quick process for me, click on new video, oh god it's ben and his nail on chalkboard grating voice, and he's not interesting in anyway either... and then I realize that I haven't clicked on a GB quicklook for more than 2 weeks, that was pretty much the realization that there is no redeeming quality left in GB and they are heading for a slow apathetic death, also jeff doesn't seem to give a shit anymore and is barely in any videos.
>>
*webm of a puppy being skinned alive, screaming in agony*
>>
>>386221513
Patrick. And then Austin. All the Vinny content having to be viewed with Austin or Alex. That era of seeing a new quick look, and having it be either Alex or Austin killed any interest I have in GB. It's sad.

With Austin gone, maybe Alex will leave and I enjoy it again. Can only hope.
>>
>>386221513
i never started
>>
sony E3 conference 2 or 3 years ago

once you come to the conclusion giant bomb are nothing but passive aggressive cali hipsters, it all clicks into place and they cease being relevant in your mind

even worse now that their staff goes on rants during GOTY podcasts about how supporting trump makes you a white supremacist, and their support of blacklisting game devs like last night dev, then having the whore on their couch the next day

pretty dead to me, and nothing they can do will matter, fucking jeff's fatass doesnt even show up to the office anymore, he sits at home like a depressed old faggot who sold his soul years ago
>>
>>386222364
The one where they were all on their laptops not even engaged with the conference itself?
>>
>>386221952
Yes 100%
>>
File: 1500085547268.png (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500085547268.png
22KB, 500x500px
>>
>>386221513
patrick
>>
the bombcast genuinely sucks now

at least beastcast is alright
>>
>>386222250
not sure what alex did to you, but he's honestly not that bad.
>>
>>386222641
Alex is a complete charisma vacuum that belongs on waypoint with the rest of the trash.
>>
>>386221513
No new good content,Jeff just doesnt care anymore.
>>
>>386222364
>hire a woman
>have the worst E3 coverage, unable to connect to anything, in recent memory
Seriously it was never perfect, but I don't remember it shitting out as hard as it did this year.

Tech just kills itself around women.
>>
>>386223264
Women kill everything
>>
>>386223450
>pro-abortion is just women wanting to kill EVEN MORE THINGS
they just can't stop killing things
really makes you think
>>
>>386221513
never went, thought youtube shows were pretty shit as a teenager. 10 years later, nothings changed.
>>
>>386223264
>Blaming little orphan abby for Jason's failures
>>
>>386223643
lmao you were a teenager once
bet you even listened to linkin park
and had a really serious sounding name on your favourite Counter-Strike server!
>>
>>386223548
Yoihave no idea how soul sucking watching sports with women is
>>
When they went full retard SJW after ryan died.
I wonder what their sub numbers are like now.
>>
>>386223712
more like fugazi and thursday, unreal tournament rather then cs. Just the flip side of it all.
>>
The content and features the east crew have been doing are pretty good, I lost interest in the west when Ben was hired but he's growing on me a bit
>>
>>386222813
He's pretty funny when paired with the right people. Patrick brought out the worst in him
>>
When ben pack joined
I only listen to the beastcast now
>>
>>386223840
Damn...
>>
What do you guys think about the allegations of harassment from Nick Robinson of Polygon? He's been put on suspension and everyone in that "cricle" has pretty much voiced their disgust in way that sounds he like fucked up pretty bad and is getting universally ghosted.

It could be a hitpiece by that SJW circle but the fact that Nick hasn't said anything since these allegations came out says a lot about it.
>>
>>386221513
When Drew left I completely stopped with West coast stuff. Vinny's doing great on GBeast though. Looking forward to the next Yakuza game, and the Xcom series, and Steal My Sunshine.
>>
>>386224189
Alex is no less insufferable than Ben.
>>
>>386222813
Alex leaving for Waypoint and getting replaced with somebody less grating would be perfect. Imagine if the West coast just closed completely and Jeff moved to New York. A man can dream.
>>
>>386224657
t. Ben pack
>>
>>386224657
The two podcasts where Alex was on vacation were the best ones they've done in ages. It's like they were allowed to have fun again.
>>
>>386224706
Should have called him millennial.
Thats Ben's favorite insult.
>>
>>386222364

They getting mad at remasters / remakes because they think they take the place of new IPs was just unbelievable to me. These guys have 35+ years behind them on average and they act like grumpy old men that can't enjoy anything.
>>
I find them all insufferable except Jeff, Vinny and Brad.
>>
>>386221995
I'm pretty sure they got a note from a CBS exec along the lines of "please hire my boring gay son, he wants to cover video games and i don't want that giant faggot anywhere that gets any media spotlight, so your little shitshow gets him"
>>
>>386224507

What? He accused who?
>>
File: 1446978416399.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1446978416399.gif
2MB, 294x233px
First it was Ryan dying. You knew that things were going to be rocky but you stuck around because nobody could have foreseen that happening. You hope that things get better.

Then Dave Snider left. He could have sustained a cushy job as an engineer with CBS but he chose to leave on his own terms for whatever reason. No more Random PC game with Vinny which was imho one of the best segments that GB had going for it at the time.

Vinny leaving for New York was a simple decision, he comes from there, his family is there so that's what grounds him. I still understand how they managed to trick CBS into allowing GBEAST.

Dan was a great hire regardless of what you think of his character. Retards don't seem to get that he has played up his character of being the annoying heel the whole time, as he also did this (to a lesser extent) at game informer. Demo Derby and Metal Gear Scanlon are great shows, and it was postive that they were doing original content again. Rather than just shitting out boring quicklooks that comprise of
>here's this game that came out
>20 mins pass
>i dunno, seems alright
Or playing the same shitty indie games on ever unprofessional friday and nothing ever interesting happens. Extra life streams were great but they only came once a year.
Cont.
>>
>>386224507
Wait for the BELETED
>>
>>386225061
>Mary poster retired
>Mary moved to twitch
>"executive assistant" read secretary
>she doesn't like it
>should have been hired in GB
>>
>there are podcast apps on Android that just have access to the premium versions of the bombcast and beastcast for free

Lel
>>
File: 1369369167959.jpg (202KB, 541x506px) Image search: [Google]
1369369167959.jpg
202KB, 541x506px
>>386225061
Drew left because the sole content creator patreon train has finally become viable and it suits his adventurous personality. Simple as that. He probably weighed up his future at GB and decided that he could be earning way more money doing what he truly loves, while doing it on a flexible schedule.

Ben Pack is a fucking terrible hire who brings nothing to the table. His videogame knowledge only consists of millennial esports/twitch culture garbage, and he is a terrible on screen personality. Jeff probably hired him because out of familiarity. It's really puzzling.

Abby is fine. She is clearly out of her depth but she is a smart girl because she is adapting fast. Don't really have much more to say.

Reminder that Dave Snider was the only one with dignity.
>>
>>386225292
Small business guy made the non premium podcast superior. I miss him. Hopefully his business isn't so small anymore.
>>
>>386225327
Ben was hired because he's the archetypal numale and Giant Bomb is the most SJW gaming site around.
>>
File: 1492378890222.png (94KB, 595x658px) Image search: [Google]
1492378890222.png
94KB, 595x658px
when did you guys realize Ben Pack was a pretty shitty friend? (assuming he didn't secretly know something all along)
>>
>>386225327
I think Ben was hired simply so Jeff didn't have to do quick looks and shit anymore
>>
>>386225327
Abby seems like a nice girl, but hiring women will never go well.

If there's ANY drama from GB, any bitching YOU KNOW it's going to come from a woman. If you hire a woman, you are just asking for it.
>>
>>386223712
there was nothing wrong with linkin park, other than being a little melodramatic. you clearly never listened to shit like staind, puddle of mudd or papa roach.
>>
>>386225327
Drew's videos have been trash. At least Danny tried shit with his Patreon.
>>
I hate Ben Pack's face, voice, and humor (if you could even call it that.)

I miss Drew.

I'm hating Alex more and more.

No more O'Dwyer.

Abby's cool.
>>
>>386225451
What happened?

Also someone post the pics of Ben's "partner" it's fucking hilarious
>>
>>386222813
> charisma vacuum

this means nothing.
>>
>>386225490
>Abby seems like a nice girl, but hiring women will never go well.

I think the problem is more so that their token female hire doesn't play games or know anything about games past an extremely casual level.
>>
>>386225519
What's wrong with the videos
>>
>>386225578
Couple this with Vinny's crushing need to halt everything to bring her into the conversation every 5 minutes.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (165KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
165KB, 960x1280px
>>386225560
Nothing wrong with these two homosexual men.
>>
https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/893664893357891586

CUTE!
>>
>>386225590
they seem mediocre for how much money he's bringing in, I guess I haven't watched everything but I saw that nuclear silo one and it was the benign, 10 years late shit ever.

Yeah, his trip to North Korea was cool, and a bit insane. But he's not gonna do that again, he's trying to pull some early VICE stuff and I don't think he can pull it off.
>>
File: austin.png (96KB, 599x676px) Image search: [Google]
austin.png
96KB, 599x676px
>>386225036
Polygon put him on suspension amidst claims of (what I assume) workplace harassment. A lot of people in the gaming media have come out about it >>386225451

Austin Walker is on his soapbox again.
>>
>>386225451
>listen and believe
>>
>>386225692
posts the one where she actually looks like a passable girl

SHAME!
>>
File: endless_ejaculation.gif (4MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
endless_ejaculation.gif
4MB, 650x366px
>>386225685
Do you have the one where it shows its armpit hair?
>>
>>386225751
things not known to the public
>who is making the allegations
>what the allegations are

a good enough excuse for giant bomb SJWs to attack lol
>>
>>386225773
She's not meant to look like a girl, though.
>>
>>386225578
I don't mind that too much, because GB is all personality. Drew only really cared simulator games and he fit in well.

A direction of 'teaching a girl about video games and history', ie using her in videos as a pleb position could work.

But you fundamentally kill the atmosphere with a woman around. The mood and rules of a group changes. You ask for drama and bitching if you hire a woman. Source: I'm a woman. It's just a fact.
>>
>>386225692
I like to crack open some colas after a long day of throwing my friends under the bus too.
>>
I like Abby
>>
>>386225843
I know that, that's why I said shame. If you're gonna go full SJW and drag your "boyfriend" into this at a least be honest about that persons overt "gender identity" instead of being a vague fence sitter.

If you're an SJW wouldn't you want to be proud of normalizing your trans-relationship? Shame.
>>
File: pb.png (49KB, 621x369px) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
49KB, 621x369px
>>386225830
Here's the Editor in Chief of Polygon describing it.
>>
File: 1481950948904.png (2MB, 1105x1819px) Image search: [Google]
1481950948904.png
2MB, 1105x1819px
>>386225934
Me too.
>>
>>386225751
>workplace harassment
sort of, the best accusations I got was that he was hitting up industry females with flirts and requests for nudes.
>>
>>386225957
Sexual harassment is great, it's what got Uber dragged through the mud for months
Expect the feeding frenzy to continue and Polygon to get attacked further now that they've shown weakness
>>
>>386225934
*zzzzip*
Hell no
>>
>>386225570
Alex has been described as negative charisma, null charisma, a charisma blackhole, and charisma vacuum consistently for years.

It seems to mean enough to most people.
>>
GBEast has just become the new West, and West is containment for all the undesirables, with Jeff the Overlord to watch over them. Soon Alex will be sent West too.
>>
>>386226121
The only person worth listening to for the past 5 years has been Jeff. If you don't like him then there is no reason to invest any time in GB at all.
>>
>>386226214
Yep
>>
>>386226121
Even Reddit and the fourms agree West sucks right now. Comments on Ben videos are pretty great. Reddit does the usual "I totally still love them but
...it sucks" shit so on so forth. They keep saying they are doing well, but it's clear West is taking some serious hits.
>>
>>386225451
I've heard that Austin is a trans chaser (specifically towards transwomen indie game devs and transwomen indie journalists), and kinda creepy.

Haven't heard any accusations of begging for nudes towards indie game transwomen but wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>386226214
Well he isnt going to move to New York, so hes stuck minding the idiots
>>
Brad as a podcast host is still awful after many years... How
>>
File: 1493416961037.gif (2MB, 517x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493416961037.gif
2MB, 517x281px
>>386225327
they hired Ben because Jeff didn't want to have anyone that's even borderline thin.
Also he looks hideous and talks like he have mouth full of shit.

Boring fucking shit without any value.

I watch almost aonly Bombcast, but it's a habit.
>>
I have a feeling that Nick Robinson was so close to being hired by Jeff but it all fell apart after he tweeted about masturbated to that star fox character and twitter got mad at him. Then Jeff had to settle for the other former intern.
>>
File: 1471440906269.png (41KB, 555x265px) Image search: [Google]
1471440906269.png
41KB, 555x265px
>>386226369
I believe it
>>
>>386226425
He would have been a better hire than Ben Pack that's for sure.
>>
>>386226402
>tfw marathoned metal gear scanlon when drew said he was leaving

Make me appreciate Dan more, but then you watch a Mario Party Party and that goes out the window
>>
>>386226345
It surprises me because at least Ben plays vidya and can talk about it. Abby is like a little lamb with no apriori knowledge or desire outside of her work to learn vidya. Like who gives a shit?
>>
I am loathe to admit this, but the Giant Bomb subreddit is the better place to discuss their content.

If you post ANY dissenting opinion on the main board, you just get banned, or your comment deleted.

I was in a wrestling thread on their main board and said "That was pretty gay" and got permabanned for "Homophobic language and behaviour", when they KNOW I wasn't trying to say homophobic slur. You can tell the mods on GB are fucking Americans- They can never take a joke

On my new account, I said something like "East are embarassing West with their breadth of content" and got a warning from the biggest cunt mod, MB saying something like "Stop trying to instigate arguments"

At least on Reddit you're allowed to say what you want. Fuck me
>>
>>386226398

He doesn't care, he only does the bare minimum.
>>
>>386226540
Maybe better, but not the best.
>>
>>386225751
I don't get these people.
If I'm given the choice of just staying quiet about an issue or throwing a friend under the bus, I stay quiet every single time.
No one is asking for the opinions for some literally whos who seem almost completely unconnected to the issue at hand, which is currently under active investigation anyway by the people that have access to all the details, so what is motivating them?
>>
>>386226398
>>386226562
I still prefer him to when Jeff took over Ryans duties. Brad is just such a zero that I don't care if he is stuck with podcast hosting duties but while Jeff was hosting it seemed like Jeff was contributing less to the actual conversation.
>>
>>386226369
All "sensitive male" types turn out to be creepers. No exceptions.
>>
>>386226646
they're attention whores dude. If you're gonna put your face all over the internet, you're probably not a humble person in the slightest.
>>
All they do is play DoTa and that's one of the worst games ever shat out.
>>
>>386226514
Ben isn't funny, is ugly, and has a terrible voice. Abby gets along great with the guys. Even if I think she's ultimately going to ruin things(either Vinny affair or getting pushed even more than she is) she's a decent fit and ultimately the East actually likes games unlike the west where Jeff, Brad and Jason all make excuses why they aren't playing anything every week.
>>
>>386226646
He needs to get those sweet SJ ally bucks.

When the hammer comes down on him, it'll be sweet justice.

>>386225451
>>386225685
Especially Ben, look at what he's dating. You just KNOW that thing is going to cry 'abusive' when they break up. They all do.

Or he'll go full cuck and just pay for it to fuck other men. It's the only way to get away with it.
>>
Jeff is literally as great as ever but he has nobody to bounce off of outside of Ben on occasion.

I got so fucking annoyed at Brad when he was out sick a couple of weeks ago on the bombcast or whatever, and Jeff ran the show; Jeff actually picked mostly fucking VIDEO GAME related emails and it was refreshing as fuck. Brad is the one who always picks emails and its just a bunch of non-vidya funny joke bullshit and I really wish other people picked more emails.
>>
I know it's difficult to play vidya when two or three other people talk next to you, but Alex is shit at Mega Man.
>>
>>386226458
>>386226718
A friend told me they think he gets a notification whenever a new transwoman enters gaming. They're on his radar immediately.
>>
>>386226718
This is what I've learned from real life experience too.
>>
Let's take a look at the fantastic content that the Giant Bomb West team put out this week:

>Kingdom Heartache
>2 (TWO) quick looks
>bombcast
>shitty Dota video
>UPF

Bravo.
>>
>>386226718
>>386226903
>self hatred: the post
you're not wrong, but kek
>>
>>386226740
>Abby gets along great with the guys.
Does she? Or does everyone trip and tumble over themselves to include her in the conversation?
-Granted, I don't listened to the beastcast. But I do watch murder island and sunshine and that's the feeling I get. I think she's great but she's being coddled and no one else is to blame but dear old vinny. Sometimes the old dog shouldn't learn new tricks sometimes a dog should be a dog and should treat the rest as he was treated. But either way it was pretty explicit she is being handled with kiddy gloves.
>>
>>386226916
nothing matters outside of Jar Time, Game Tapes and Demo Derby.
>>
Every fucking quick look is about a shitty indie game now I can't count how many terribad uninspired rogue likes they've done.
>>
is UPF still just "oh god please just let us leave for the weekend already" for two hours i stopped watching this shit ages ago
>>
>>386227015
For real. It all looks the same to me. Just some random ass shit they plucked off of Steam and meanwhile they skip out on games that most people would actually know about.
>>
File: 1491311518468.png (46KB, 536x268px) Image search: [Google]
1491311518468.png
46KB, 536x268px
is Austin Walker a "soft boy"?
>>
>>386227015
Indie games are all that's coming out at the moment.
>>
>>386227080
>tfw you remember Jeff calling Austin soft for his take on Bethesda
Fuck him.
>>
>>386227080
What does that even mean?
>>
>Best friend dies
>Other best friend, head of production, moves to New York
>Hire some dumb fuck but he knows how to bring in the viewers
>New York branch gets set up
Your retard who brings in viewers moves there
>Lose your production guy who has been trained from the beginning to do the job you need him to
>Stuck with Braddus Fattus, other incompetent production guy, and dogfucker
>Need new Hires
>East gets the actual likable and charismatic one
>Get stuck with another Braddus Fattus who cant even speak properly

Jeff had a hard life
>>
>>386227163
what was his take?
>>
File: 1482351965638.png (31KB, 569x266px) Image search: [Google]
1482351965638.png
31KB, 569x266px
>>386227165
Apparently everyone was calling Nick Robinson that, it appears to be an evolution of the word "fuckboy".

It's basically what SJW call what we might refer to as SJW cucks.
>>
>>386227234
goddamn that sounds dumb as fuck.
>>
>>386225957
what are the allegations and who is making them?
>>
>>386226978
She's much younger than the rest of the crew and was hired as a production person; she seems to be on the shyer side so I think Vinny is trying to help her feel comfortable on camera.

All of their hires before Abby/Ben had backgrounds in game coverage already
>>
How old is Abby, anyway?
>>
Ben
>>
>>386227354
>on le shyer side
>was in an improv gruppen
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>386227385
24 I think?
>Abby is younger than me
>>
>>386227354
Are you ignoring Vinny and Drew on purpose or are they exempted for some other reason?
>>
>>386227385
looks like a 40 year old tranny
>>
File: 1491748113909.png (92KB, 591x572px) Image search: [Google]
1491748113909.png
92KB, 591x572px
>>386227349
it's all rumors and gossip, but the gossip is he was flirty with industry types and asking for nudes.

If we are to believe gamejournos these sudden, unspecific rumors from unknown people resulted in his suspension.

That or they all knew he had some skeletons and didn't act until it starts to leak into the public sphere.

All the SJWs are screaming for people to stop asking questions because they are insistent no one should have to come forward to accuse him. We need to just listen and believe.,
>>
>>386227349
I'm really confused because so far all I see is:

>someone named Nick Robinson goes after trannies in the industry
>sjws calling him soft for it (wtf?)

confused as fuck
>>
>>386227349
We don't know. Everyone is doing the song and dance of
>we should protect this person who makes this completely unfounded claim because it could be damaging to them!
>>
>>386227464
>If we are to believe gamejournos
is this even possible anymore
>>
>>386227486
Nick Robinson was going after women in DMs and they call him a softboy which is basically a new term to describe white knight sexual predator types.
>>
>>386227428

Shit, no wonder she didn't recognize any of the shit the others were talking about yesterday.
>>
>>386227507
what the fuck is so hard about cropping out some names and shit have these idiots ever opened paint before
>>
>>386227354
>Production person
>For the last few weeks has appeared in all content while Vinny does the production.
Hmmmmmm
Also
>Shy
>Literal improv background
>>
>>386227080

what? what the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>386227417
Being on stage in front of a small crowd of friendly locals doesn't really prepare you for being on camera for internet mouthbreathers
>>
>>386227710
It's dudes who have pushed aside and abandon all forms of 'male' and 'masculinity' because they are problematic but aren't yet trannies.
>>
File: 1472904813067.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472904813067.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>"Abby have you ever played X?"
>"No"

Look, I'm fine with hiring people who aren't into vidya. Whatever.
But atleast keep them OFF of the camera,
>>
>Ben not even hesitating to put the knife in his friend's back

Jeez
>>
I'm on the GB discord despite not actively following GBs stuff for at least a year now. There are some pretty alright guys there.
Only problem is that they merged the Giant Bomb and Games text channels together, so we could be chatting about some old as games or something and all of a sudden the conversation gets completely derailed because someone posts a tweet Brad or Ben made, as though it has great significance.
I might just stop typing there. I don't have patience for this kind of unwarranted psuedo-celebrity worship.
>>
>>386227934
Reminder that people were insistent that Abby would always be behind the camera when her hire was first announced.

It was laughable then, and it's obviously false now. Diversity hire.
>>
>>386227080

Are there seriously now sub-categories of fuckbois?
>>
>>386227691
I'm not sure what you think her background is but she is in an "improv group", these are often tiny ass communities that perform for friends/family for fun.
>>
Why are game journalists so fucking gay?
>>
>>386228016
Yes, I'd already seen pissboy and trashboy. Softboy is just a natural evolution.
>>
>>386227934
Drew made an effort to find his niche. I think Abby has a lot of on camera potential - much more than Drew. But you're right. She knows jack shit. I wonder if there's a schism forming in GB fandom. The knows and the know nots.
Some people are there for the production value and the personality. Others are there to listen to someone who knows at least as much as them - who's lived the vidya industry and so forth.
I dunno.
Clone Jeff for future generations. Find Ryan's semen in a the carpet of a cadillac.
>>
>>386228030
>games journalists
There's the cause
>>
>>386225991
Do we have one from the back?
>>
>>386221513
I just love Jeff too much.
I miss Dan, I miss Dru and I don't like the new hire.
The other part of GB's I could care less.
As long as Jeff is still there and Jason makes him look like an existential psycho on the videos I am fine.
>>
People in here are misinterpreting the soft boy thing. All it is is that on Nick & Griffin's shows they say 'boy' a lot as a sort of running joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawwwA_JYbw
So fans started using 'boy' and 'soft boy' as terms of endearment.

But now that he's apparently a sex pest or something it's gone sour and people are saying how in retrospect it's kind of creepy.
>>
>>386228072
>The knows and the know nots.
Jeff is on top of his game when solo streaming in his room.
Just listening to him rattle off decades of near encyclopedic game knowledge is almost hypnotic.
>>
>>386228127
Weird, considering Softboy seemed to have a pretty definitive definition back in 2016 https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Soft%20Boy

Maybe he was just warning people?
>>
>>386228001
That's what Vinny said it was going to be, then it turns out he wants to fuck her so he ends up putting her close.
>>
>>386227080
I'm always amused by Austin's very carefully chosen urban-flavoured words and phrases, as if he's somehow a down-to-earth person.
>>
>>386228127
sex pest is a great term
>>
>>386225527
>tfw no Jeff G, Drew, Dan, Vinny, Danny O'D, Mary and Abbey GB crew
>>
>>386228127
Do they not see how irresponsible it is to take the word in context of submission "boy" and use it for something besides references to slavery?
>>
>>386228205
he said soft boy because that's what people were calling Nick, not his own flavor.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I lose my mind every time he talks about people like Tyler The Creator who he'd probably define as alt-right problematic if he was in the game industry.
>>
>>386228205
B-But Austin is "DOPE!"

His opinions on games are "LIT", "DOG".
>>
>>386224602
>Looking forward to the next Yakuza game
Hopefully they give Dan the boot and let someone else play.
>>
>>386224602
>>386228302
hopefully they just drop the series since they're forcing themselves to pretend to like it.
>>
>>386225991
Would you be a sweetheart and post the source? I can't find it on my own.
>>
File: 1383578850454.png (570KB, 553x569px) Image search: [Google]
1383578850454.png
570KB, 553x569px
I rarely watch any videos except for Demo Derby and the video version of the bombcast (would listen to it but it's always mangled on my phone). Beastcast is still great every week despite Alex being tryhard and angsty on occasion.

Still think this isn't the worst period of GB though. That would be 2013-14; post-Ryan dying and pre-Dan and Jason joining. It became "Patrick Bomb" because the others didn't give a fuck. The only highlight was the Jeff/Vinny/Drew/Alexis Extra Life stream.
>>
>>386228369
Alex seemed to like it at least.
When he's not on a SJW crusade he's one of the only guys on GB who still attempts to play and enjoy different games.
>>
>>386228485
>When he's not on a SJW crusade
so never
>>
>>386228369
Dan doesn't like the gameplay cause he can't mash, Vinny was annoyed at Dan's bitching but Alex genuinely liked it. If Alex hits up the controls they'll love it.
>>
>>386227464
The way some of them have been wording things, they make it sound like Robinson wasn't the only one doing this. He was just the low hanging fruit. Arthur Geis better start worrying...
>>
>>386227234
>Apparently everyone was calling Nick Robinson that, it appears to be an evolution of the word "fuckboy".
>It's basically what SJW call what we might refer to as SJW cucks.
Wrong

Griffin McElroy (who is essentially Nick's comedy partner in Polygon videos and podcasts) uses "____boys" in conversation all the time, with ____ bring any descriptor. Soft boys is one of his favourites, and he refers to Nick and himself as soft boys, it's Griffin's shtick and a running joke.
>>
>>386228828
We need to start a list of white cis straight men they can target to chase out.

It won't be Austin like this post says. >>386226369 He's black, so he's protected.
>>
>>386228959
>>386228184
>>
>>386228404
>>386228085
That's the only one. It's from some school website.
>>
>>386228959
Griffin McElroy is one of the biggest faggots in games media
>>
>>386226369
>>386226890
I can believe this. Also the way he's constantly running towards the higher ground like so >>386225751 I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a creepy sex pervert or even a total monster.
>>
>>386225991
You just know the West is going to collapse when Vinny bangs her.
>>
>>386229125
I think he was a tranny with a dick to stretch out his boipussy
>>
>>386229161
was=wants*
>>
>>386229148
I said this the other week and someone claimed he'd never do it because he had a kid. How strong willed is Vinny?
>>
>>386225061
>get that he has played up his character of being the annoying heel the whole time, as he also did this (to a lesser extent) at game informer. Demo Derby and Metal Gear Scanlon are great shows, and it was postive that they were doing original content again. Rather than just shitting out boring quickl

I started watching Giant bomb stuff at the same time Dan was hired so I don't have the nostalgia for Ryan a lot of people have, but been going through early bombcasts and Ryan sure is great.
I'm the same age as Dan and he was new to GB the same time as me so I feel I discovered GB as the same time as he did, plus we grew up playing a lot of the same games so he does feel like someone I could get along with over a beer. Dan brought a lot of energy to the team, which Jeff and Brad really don't anymore.
I'm glad Patrick left so soon after I started but I was saddened by the departure of Austin, he really brought his own qualities and perspectives, and he played of Jeff really good.
Abbey is ok, but she was hired as a video engineer right? I don't know how much of her we need as gamer on staff but I guess being an on-air personality is part of the job. Hopefully she can grow, Vinny seems very protective of her so I hope she actually likes some of the games she will now be exposed to and not do the typical gamer-girl fake out to fit in.
Ben Pack however is just the fucking worst. He brings no energy or joy. He likes fighting games so he can get a long with Jeff and he likes moba so he can get along with Brad, he brings nothing new, no love for a smaller genre. Seeing Drew crash aircraft was a joy, seeing Drew discovering Metal Gear wa a joy.

So what does Ben do?
"Hey guys, I don't like Kingdom Hearts but why don't one of you guys who also don't like Kingdom Hearts watch me play all of it"
You could really see how uncomfortable Brad was in that show.
>>
>>386229113
He also made the Forbes 30 under 30 list, so I don't think he cares what a cuckboy on 4chan thinks.
>>
>>386229161
I've experienced this
Pros were her tits pressed against me
Negatives were my boyhole hurting
>>
>>386229301
West coast is really terrible right now. I had hoped they would have scooped up one of the Easy Allies like Huber, Bosman or Jones when Gametrailers died.
The reaction of the GT crew to the FFVII PS4 announcement compared to the GB crews reaction is pretty telling, GB needs that energy and joy.
Doesn't really matter what they are excited for, but the west coast crew are never excited for anything anymore.
>>
>>386229305
>cuckboy

Literally what do you think that word means lad?
>>
File: feelsbatman.jpg (6KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbatman.jpg
6KB, 238x250px
>Ben
>Always sounds like he's drunk
>Always looks like he's at the brink of falling asleep
>Constantly tries to be funny with the dumbest jokes and puns imaginable
>Is in 95% of the videos
Funny how one bad hire can ruin the whole fucking site.
>>
>>386226402
When he started he was a white van away from being a registered pedophile sexoffender, at least he shaved the mustache but his voice and mannerisms are still super creepy, he's so droopy eyed and he looks like he enjoys torturing small animals just to try and feel something.
>>
File: boys.jpg (30KB, 530x382px) Image search: [Google]
boys.jpg
30KB, 530x382px
>>386228184
>>386229038
You can see people saying it in all their old comment sections.

Maybe this is what they call convergent evolution.
>>
>>386229336
>Pros were her tits pressed against me
Tranny tits are fucking disgusting though. They are literally like the grossest 'fat man tits' out there.

Maybe if he had implants it would be okay.
>>
>>386229538
>makes completely mediocre joke
>pauses and looks at another crew member in order to get acknowledgement for it
The arrogance of it all
>>
>>386229420
See, I don't get this. Would you prefer if they reacted to every "surprise" with jumping around and screaming? That GT Final Fantasy thing was embarrassing. Maybe they'll get excited when they see some actual game, not a short trailer that says "remake".
>>
>>386229290
This is naive thinking, she's a young version of his wife and is clearly enamored with him. It'll happen given time.
>>
>>386229573
They were D cup sized Implants
>>
>>386225991
HOMELY
>>
>>386229638
Vinny seems like such a caring soul. I imagine he'd do it but wouldn't be able to live with hurting his kids...
>>
>game has one poorly implemented mechanic but is otherwise a great game
>Brad and Jeff put like 30 minutes into it and dismiss it as "shit" or "garbage"
>>
>>386228072
Jeff needs to write a book and start using his sneakers to actually exercise.
Jeff if anyone should be out there making documentaries and working on game preservation. All of his contemporaries has quit or gone into game making instead, he desperately wants to make a game but doesn't seem to have the energy, he is a good host but his development has stopped, but I guess that is just part of his laissez faire personality. Austin was good because he made Jeff think.
>>
>>386228001
no different than token black guy
>>
>>386229538
Fucking oath eh
Ben has ruined west for me completely and it fucking kills me that I have to hear his bullshit if I wanna hear Jeff too
>>
>>386229745
token black guy had pretty unique taste in games compared to everyone else.
>>
>>386229708

For example?
>>
>>386229757
I can't stand watching content with Ben/Alex in.

It means I barely watch ANY GB content anymore, when back in the day (Arrow pointing down era) I would watch everything they put out-no exceptions

Sad how shit their site has become
>>
I still think GB is ok. Nowhere near as good as the Ryan days but good enough. If you stay away from all the sycophantic fans, its tolerable. Is there anyone on YT or anywhere killing it like GB used to?
>>
>>386229626
I'm not trying to say they should jump around and be uncritical, being 33 myself the jadedness of GB is one of the things I really do appreciate. I don't have a personal connection to FFVII but I was 13 when it came out so I grew up around it's fandom.
But rather than everybody shrugging their shoulders and everyone getting on the table, you need both, but you can't have everyone being at the one extreme, that doesn't make for fun commentary. I want the shruggers and jumpers to be engaged in heated discussion. That's why Dan works so good with the old GB crew. He got Drew through Metal Gear, he got the whole crew through Mario Party even though they bitched about it all the time, he even got the east coast through Shenmue.
>>
>>386224507
I find it funny that suddenly when the cult decides he is of no use they all suddenly reveal this information. Almost like they don't care about the act but when it is cool to attack someone they do
>>
>>386229790
still a token black guy alex pushed for
and now a token woman, because its totally not an old boys club
>>
File: Pain.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pain.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
I can pinpoint the exact moment, during the Spiderman demo at the Sony E3 conference Dan asks if he should read The Punisher, Brad, Alex, and Ben all tell him not to because "Bad people idolize The Punisher."

Don't get me wrong it wasn't that major, but I was already on by a thread at that point with Drew leaving. Watching them start to shit on things because they aren't San Francisco approved, yeah I'm done. It was a good run while it lasted.
>>
>>386230090
I remember that moment too. Such an odd moment. Not "Punisher is shit" or something like that, but that it's bad because it's (apparently) idolized by evil men or something.
>>
>>386230017
>That's why Dan works so good with the old GB crew

dude brought the fucking energy to a depressed post ryan GB, but probably too much for old farts like jeff to handle which is why I believe he hired the most middle of the road and bland person possible, he wants to hire someone who can pump some new stuff out but not too much because they're lazy fucks and can't handle too much action.
>>
>>386230385
It's about control, Austin fucked them over majorly.
>>
>>386230385
Dan being a villain for Jeff to hate (Demo Derby, Mario Party) was pretty good. Banding together to fuck him over in MPs was great.

Really seems like Alex is just there to pump out content. I unsubbed from the youtube because every Quick Look was him.

>>386230090
I remember that moment to. Awful.
>>
I stopped watching East when Dan went there
I thought that West was finally saved now that it didn't have Dan. And for a while, it was.

Then, Ben came in, and he's almost as bad as Dan is.

I can't stand either coast now.
>>
>>386230783
What did the west do in the absence of Dan I ask you? Have Rorie on screen, you call that being saved? You say that walking amber alert Ben Pack is better than Dan? in any way?
>>
I watch Giant Bomb stuff in waves and usually will watch through their new stuff for a couple months and then wait a year and do it again but now I don't think I can do it. There are so many awkward moments and terrible jokes due to Ben. The cringe just permeates the room. Ben will say something retarded as a joke and usually Jeff will just say something like "Yea, exactly like that..." to try to move on as soon as possible it seems. It's almost impossible to try to riff on and add to his terrible comedy it seems for them. I watched a couple videocasts and don't really see myself going back to see new stuff any time soon.

https://youtu.be/qvmBqIZxj0g?t=9222 An of the awkwardness is at 2 hours 33 Minutes if the link didn't play it there.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (2MB, 965x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
2MB, 965x1003px
I can never watch their shit weekly, but I always watch like all their shit once a month.

For me, they're the last bastion of decent vidya journalism
>>
Even the "Best of Giant Bomb" videos are shit now
>>
File: DGbvez3V0AAS0NJ.jpg:large.jpg (129KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DGbvez3V0AAS0NJ.jpg:large.jpg
129KB, 1152x2048px
>>386230783
>implying the mouth breather is better than based dan in any way

it's pretty convincing when you tried to bargain by saying ben is almost as bad than dan but you have to at least make a convincing argument.
>>
>>386230017
I'm in the same boat as you, I come for the cynicism. I think it might have been a bit different had it been a FF6 remake desu. The closest they got was during that Odyssey reveal where they had to calm Dan down. Jeff just wanted to know wtf you did in the game, instead of "yay Mario..GOTY".
Dan...I don't think I'll ever get the joke. I like his enthusiasm but I just don't get what he's trying for with this persona.
>>
>Giant Bomb then
Veterans with near endless knowledge of the industry and its people, a wry humour, and great chemistry
>Giant Bomb now
>>
>>386230904
>>386231171
>Dan defenders
Sorry, guys, I get it. We've had this discussion a million times. You think his heel shtick and "pretending to be retarded" shtick are amusing. I don't. If I had a say on it, I'd fire Dan out of Giant Bomb in a cannon, along with Ben (and Alex, while we're at it)

Giant Bomb is insufferable with them. I now know how people who used QLook to watch videos without Patrick feel. That's me with Ben and Dan.
>>
>>386225991
SHE IS CUTE
What are the best vids to watch for her?
>>
>>386221513
I only listened to them regularly from 2011 to 2013. Some of their best video stuff from the googledoc days was Vinny and Brad going through DeS and Vinny and Drew going through Freedom Fighters. UPF was usually pretty good too. After GooberGate I started to get annoyed whenever Alex or Brad or someone would virtue signal on social media, and other things like them censoring Ryan in the past saying "faggot", such pussy shit. Although Brad and Alex were both on that leaked doc confirming that they were in fact agenda driven pieces of shit. At this point I'd really enjoy it if somehow Jeff and Vinny leave the flaming wreck of GB and start up something fresh and new, even if it was just a shitty podcast talking about anything.
>>
>>386231360
none

go jerk off to your high school yearbook

abbyfags are the fucking worst and most easily impressed, holy fuck
>>
>>386231251
Coping mechanism for really being stupid and ignorant, so he merely pretends to be retarded and unfortunately everyone humors him so most bomb and beast casts are "Let's teach Dan things a child knows"
>>
>>386231347
>and Alex, while we're at it

now we got a deal
>>
Giantbomb died when they forced Jeff to stop reading the Wiiware releases. The Nintendownload Express murdered the site.
>>
>>386231403
I never bought a yearbook. They were charging like £75 for it.
>>
File: Dabby.webm (249KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Dabby.webm
249KB, 400x225px
>>386231403
You just jelly
>>
File: shred21.gif (2MB, 804x411px) Image search: [Google]
shred21.gif
2MB, 804x411px
I didnt. Though Mario Sunshine makes me want to...
>>
>>386231374
Solo Jeff with occasional guests would be great.
>>
File: 1501851312278.jpg (62KB, 608x464px) Image search: [Google]
1501851312278.jpg
62KB, 608x464px
>>386231485
>>
>>386231470
>75 euro bucks for memories of your youth

wow
>>
>>386231492
It's absurd how bad they are at a basic platformer with a jetpack to make it easier
>>
>>386231692
I can't tell if you think that's worth it or not.
>>
File: jeff zoom.gif (1MB, 358x200px) Image search: [Google]
jeff zoom.gif
1MB, 358x200px
>>386231707
This is actually painful to watch. I'm only 22 minutes into the first one.
>>
>>386231772
i never paid money for any of my yearbooks.

they;re typically put together by your peers, arent they? why would you pay money for it?
>>
>>386231826
Oh ours were made by our peers too, except we had to pay £75 for it.
>>
>>386231251
>>386231421
But he's always pissing other people off on purpose by acting overly retarded! Isn't it hilarious!?!
>>
>>386231074
remember when they'd get interesting and/or funny emails?

Remember when Brad wasn't the host?
>>
>>386231621
Jeff + Vinny + Brad (As straight man and for the laughter) + Guests
That's the perfect Giant Bomb to me.
>>
>>386231621
>Jeff and Vinny leave the flaming wreck of GB and start up something fresh and new, even if it was just a shitty podcast talking about anything.

That's probably going to be post-Giant Bomb. Jeff will start a patreon and become a full-time podcast host and Brad will be attached to his hip because what the fuck else can Brad do at this point. Then once he gets some solid numbers he can just live off the ad revenue, the Bombcast is already pretty big as is it. Vinny can also join him but I bet he can find good work elsewhere, he has a pretty good title on his resume.

It's only a matter of time until CBS shuts this shithole down. I would bet premium subscriber growth has staggered the last two years hence the more frequent sales. They're pumping out more and more bad t-shirt designs. They're desperate. It's not enough to simply make a small profit under the umbrella of a big corporation. You need growth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5-JCMtUx0

Would the Bombcast ever make a rape joke these days?
>>
>>386232445
Is there any way to view GB's metrics?
>>
>>386232539
Nothing other than them saying they are doing great despite lower numbers on YouTube and their video being organized differently via popularity. UPF used to be the breadwinner, now east videos are at the peak.

I don't think they are struggling, but the West has taken some serious hits. And when the chips are down or if they ever do, East will get closed down first, thus ending it all. 2 studios is literally insane and it's crazy how they managed to get the okay to begin with.
>>
>>386226402
It's unfair to compare Ben to Drew Scanlon, the handsomest motherfucker that ever worked for Giant Bomb
>>
>>386221513
as soon as the fat man wore the VR headset
>>
>>386231347
I used to hate Dan a lot,but in the end of the day he is the only one paying attention to the games he is playing and the only one that is good at video games except Jeff.
>>
>>386232445
Brad would make a great NeoGAF mod.
>>
>>386229957
Funhaus is the closest you're gonna get
>>
>>386232127
Just find some way to get Jeff and Vinny together again and I'll put up with whatever boring obnoxious cohosts they force on us
>>
>>386232940
I liked Elyse when she was on GameTrailers, I never watched Funhaus.
>>
>>386233003
Funhaus is super racist and sexist and it's great
>>
>>386233251
but I never see Elyse in their thumbnails, where's Elyse?

she's real cute
>>
>>386221513
When they started pandering to the SJWs.
>>
i only goto their youtube live streams for easy trolling. so many mindless idiots
>>
>>386233450
didn't they disable youtube chat?
>>
>>386232086
It's been so long...
>>
>>386228030
this seems likes a rhetorical question, but i've been listening to episodes of GFW Radio lately and it reminded me that anyone with any integrity got into gamedev
>>
>>386232842
>East will get closed down first, thus ending it all. 2 studios is literally insane and it's crazy how they managed to get the okay to begin with.

It's crazy in retrospect going back to them explaining how it was going to really open things up and how everyone being in one office hampered the amount of content they could produce. When it reality Vinny just wanted to move and Jeff didn't want to lose him so they started a New York office.
>>
i just watch their youtube videos
>>
Thoughts on Alex Nervaro?
>>
>>386234636
His extra life drumming marathon was the only time I liked him
>>
>>386234691
This and he only has a job because Jeff likes him.
>>
>>386234636
Was excellent in the recent wrestling quick look. Infact, when it's something he has some interest in, I quite like him, but his "I'm so depressed" shtick is beyond tiresome.

I'm depressed, but I'm on medication and I feel fine. He needs to do something about it
>>
>>386221513
i used to watch everything they did and then patrick klepek joined so i only watched maybe 50%.

then ryan died and i maybe only watched 10% of their stuff.

then vinny moved and i never watched anything they did.
>>
>>386234636
would have killed himself years ago if it werent for jeff
>>
>>386221513
When it stopped being the Jeff, Ryan Davis and Vinny show with the occasional Drew appearance.

All the others are/were insufferable.
>>
File: 1449343593851.png (901KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1449343593851.png
901KB, 690x460px
>Brads idea for content is him and Ben playing Dota
>>
>>386235639
Didn't Brad quit Dota at one point?
>>
>>386234636
an asshole of a guy who blames his anxiety for not being able to get a real job and just relies on Jeff to help him out because he's too lazy to do anything worthwhile
>>
>>386233671
to be fair Even patrick got to move away and still have his job, he did organize a stream or two from Chicago with Dave Lang I think, but he switched to kotaku pretty quickly
>>
>>386233660
>GFW Radio
Everytime there's twitter drama or industry drama, I always wonder what those guys would have said about it. Or how they would make fun of it.
>>
>>386232919
Not very relevant to me. If I wanted to watch skilled play, I'd go see a speedrunner.
>>
I just tried to watch this week's UPF:

>Rorie all over a dog, practically molesting it
>Ben trying to make jokes but being an insufferable cunt
>Turned it off

And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>386221513
When they started using racist terms like "People of color".
>>
>>386238089
Rorie is adorable, he's been the only fun part of UPF for a while.
Ive skipped most of the recent ones though, Ben is too insufferable for me
>>
>>386238187
Ben is quickly becoming as bad as Patrick,

Nothing about him is good. Plus he's the ugliest person I've ever seen
>>
File: 1497124025579.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1497124025579.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>hate abbys laugh
>want to fuck her at the same time
>>
File: cudgelofxanthor.jpg (239KB, 1392x610px) Image search: [Google]
cudgelofxanthor.jpg
239KB, 1392x610px
>>386237715
they would get crucified if the Brodeo was still around
there's basically a whole episode where Shawn Elliott and Robert Ashley make fun of Berkeley protestors
>>
>>386238294
I was always on the fence about Patrick. He was fine when he wasnt getting uppity about social drama, which was the minority of his time with GB. He did legitimate leg work in reporting stuff. He's clearly gone off the deep end post GB, but he was fine during.

Alex is awful, and still awful. How he hasnt been passive aggressively told to leave years ago is beyond me, but at least once in a blue moon he's fun or interesting.

But Ben is terrible all the time. Jeff needs to hit him over the head with a rolled up magazine or something. or better yet fire him.

I miss Ryan
>>
>>386225451
The self-righteous bricks at Neogaf wanted blood and if he had stayed silent or sided with Nick, he would have most likely lost his job.
>>
>>386230030
Yeah, this kind of thing reflects more poorly on the people who keep these things hidden than the perpetrator, partially because it means they're covering up multiple instances of harassment just to secure their jobs.

>>386224507
He probably did it, but you're never going to get any solid proof or statements because who the fuck is going to come out and say "yep i sure did harass dozens of women." Innocent or guilty, he's blacklisted.

What upsets me is the fact that the masses still buy into McCarthyism. As long as ENOUGH people say you're a communist, that's all that counts.
>>
>>386238616
The humour and candidness would for sure put them on the coals, but I meant more about their insight.
They never felt reactionary, and were always so open and honest.

Shawn Elliot was too good for this industry, we dont deserve his type anymore
>>
>>386221513
Yeara and years ago. I stopped liking it even longer ago though. Leaving whiskey media was a mistake
>>
>>386221952
The forums make neogaf blush with how brainwashed and sjw they are. I was banned after being a yearly subscriber because I disagreed with people in a rational and level headed way, never attacking people but merely showing my point of view. I've never visited that website without adblock on ever again or paid them a cent. They're obnoxiously left leaning to the point that me saying 'men's rights are rapists rights' is over the line
>>
>>386230090
I don't really watch them but i dropped their e3 stream cause they kept fucking it up, and then i dropped the eza stream when one of their guys said the dev that had to apologize for "supporting" GG wasn't doing enough when he apologized.
>>
>>386239276
Wait. You got banned because you said that men were rapists?
>>
>>386224507
Since I don't care for Polygon and Nick it doesn't matter to me whether he did it or not but I liked some of his tweets so I guess it would be a shame if he fucked up like a goddamn retard.

If anything all this does is enforce my idea of western gaming media being a gigantic kindergarten for millennials that play grown up politics and workplace relations at the sandlot because they would get eaten alive anywhere else. Who the fuck withholds sexual harassment for years(?) then outs someone on Twitter instead of instantly going to his boss or the authorities when something happens? Kids that don't know any better that's who.
>>
>>386238320
What is her laugh? Lemme hear it
>>
I visit the site and such on and off but less so recently after the new hires. I don't know why but I just don't like Ben.
>>
>>386240573
No I didn't finish my sentence. I got banned for things like disagreeing with a poster that said that. Meanwhile that poster is still one of the most prominent posters on the forums. Some sort of Patrick prodigy
>>
>>386226489
I love how Dan's competitiveness triggers Giant Bombers and Redditors so much.
>>
>>386238187
>rorie
>only fun part of UPF

you know it has went downhill if you're saying that.
>>
>>386226540
I got downvoted to hell for making two comments about the state of GB around Persona 5's launch. Worth it.
>>
>>386235721
I don't think he ever did.
>>
Since it's turning out that western gaming media and liberal forums are filled with literal actual pedos and sex offenders. Isn't it about time to scrap it all?
>>
>>386241092
I frequently get MASS downvoted by posting criticism of GB content. I think I said something like "Dan isn't my favourite" and ended up with -50 on that comment.

/v/ is the only place you can safely criticise Giant Bomb
>>
>>386234636
he's alright when he's not doing his stupid emo kid schtick and not going on a mad tangent about a guy who had different political opinions than him.
>>
>>386241279
*filters you*
>>
>>386233489
yea probably cuz of me :)
>>
do you guys think drew will do any more charity streams with alexis? watching the donations and comments from /v/ trolling the tranny shilling his shitty game and "art" was fuckign fun
>>
>>386241575
probably on their own or with twitch. i don't see why they'd go to the giant bomb offices to do it.
>>
>>386241575
Probably. It sounds shitty to say but he needs to shill his stuff to the GB community.
>>
>>386239276

The reality of this scenario is likely that, while you think you were disagreeing civilly and showing your own point of view, you were probably obnoxious, combative and irritating.

You don't just get banned for disagreeing.
>>
>>386233337
She's not in the thumbnails but she's in most of the videos and yes she is great. She's married to one of the funhaus guys too
>>
>>386241406
Thank god we don't have IDs. Imagine if you could filter posters.
>>
>>386241883
Yes you do. And that's not the reality at all. If you compared my language and tone to the people that you'd see it was night and day. But none of them were banned as they began shit flinging and personally attacking me, because their voice followed the narrative. GB forums are much worse than you might think
>>
>>386242032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMkUKAiVDY

she reminds me of the blonde chick from community
>>
>>386242107
I remember a time where people on here actually wanted that.
>>
>>386221513
I never started
>>
>>386242162

For clarity's sake: Do you get fed up with diversity in games, and see it as "forced SJW pandering"?

Do you believe that Jews are disgusting?

Did you vote for Trump?
>>
>>386242162
yeah i agree. i was naive enough to post on there years ago and promptly stopped once i saw how much of a massive circlejerk it was.
>>
I never watched GB content, and I feel it's way too late to start following them now. I liked the Gamespot dude, though.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
Never been there in all of my life.
How is it compared to here or compared to Neogaf? Somebody spoonfeed me please.
>>
>>386242336
>are you guilty of wrongthink?
Imagine being you. Jesus christ I think I'd kill myself
>>
>>386242387
the posts above slightly sum it up really. it's a bit like neogaf but worse.
>>
>>386242373

>Can't understand why the inhabitants of a website's forum circle jerk said website's content

It's like.. they post there because they're fans of the stuff GB does or something! Huh. Who would have thought? I wonder why they circle jerk so hard?!
>>
why do people care that some sjw polygon fag is getting eaten by his own?
>>
>>386242336
why have you strayed so far away from the giantbomb forums
>>
>>386242336
No. I consider myself more middle of the road. Although if we really get into it, 'diversity' in games is often just corporate virtue signalling for more favourable media exposure and potential sales. I'm not American, so I didn't vote. However if I did vote, why would it matter who I voted for? Disregard every reason but racism, yes? You'd fit in well with the forums
>>
>>386242239
Oh, there are still plenty of stupid faggots that make meta threads asking for that shit. Worse than that, there are people that want actual flags implemented. /v/ is retarded.
>>
i agree that it would be interesting if vinny and abby had an affair and vinny left his family for her. im sick of him talking about his kids, so this would be an improvement
>>
>>386242474
if you go onto any other forum dedicated to a company/show/youtuber etc. you will see people criticising them. when you ban people because they don't like every single little thing, it's bad. creating an echo chamber environment is not good for a creative company.
>>
>>386242474
>incapable of understanding language
>>
File: 1500583587793.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1500583587793.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
>>386221513
in 2005 when I was looking for cheatcodes
>>
>>386242517
Because /v/ loves gossip
>>
>>386242718
dumb frogposter!!
>>
>>386242474
you aren't a fan of giant bomb though, you would clearly be triggered by any of their content from before 2010
>>
>>386242529

Oh, I don't post there. I just understand what a good portion of /v/s community can be like, and I understand that, in 99% of the world, that general attitude towards fucking everything come off as irritating and obnoxious to everybody else. So I wholeheartedly believe that he was likely stupid, annoying and combative, and was banned for saying something fucking asinine.
>>
After Dan left to East and Drew left for good. Site was officially dead.
>>
>>386242656
IDs make some sense because it would root out samefags and idiots but flags are retarded. Keep them on where they're relevant.
>>
>>386242517
nick was a funny guy. if he is guilty of what he's being accused of, that's pretty bad but it'll be funny to watch them get into a hissy fit.
>>
>>386242757

Are you sure you don't post there? You post exactly like the most pretentious and left leaning of the GB forum. I suppose disagreeing with extreme views is combative in the eyes of sjws like yourself.
>>
File: 1351946247.jpg (117KB, 1014x996px) Image search: [Google]
1351946247.jpg
117KB, 1014x996px
>>
>>386242753

I listen to and enjoy their podcasts. I dont consume any of their other content.
>>
>>386242889

What was the extreme view that they were promoting at the time?
>>
>>386242921
oh, well thanks for your input giant bomb superfan
>>
>>386242757

nice try giantcuck
>>
>>386225249
>retired

He killed himself, anon.
>>
>>386242993
I said earlier, but one of the most prominent posters said that men's rights were rapists rights. If you're going to call me stupid, annoying, etc, actually follow the conversation
>>
>>386225061
I think I now understand why dudes are into mukbang.
>>
>>386243058

Well that's a fucking stupid point of view to take. I'd hope whoever posted it was banned as well, and not just you for being obnoxious.
>>
>>386243156
There is a curious satisfaction to watching other people eat. It's not sexual. It's just... nice.
>>
>>386243203
How do you know I was being obnoxious? Also I already said they weren't banned. I think it's clear you've been exposed as a GB forum poster already. It's time to go back.
>>
>>386243293

Ahh, yes. You've uncovered my ruse. I was a GB Poster all along! How wickedly deceitful of me! Because something like that matters fuck all!

I think you were being obnoxious because people don't just get banned for arguing civilly and rationally. But I was also stating that the poster was also in the wrong for having such a stupid fucking view, and that they should have been banned as well.
>>
>>386243513
I knew you were a GB poster! I knew!
>>
>>386243513

you have to go back
>>
>>386243513
>banning people for having libshit opinions
>enforcing the TOS equally on everyone and not using it as a bludgeon to punish people for crimethink
I take it you're not very smart or else have not been paying attention to the internet for the past three years
>>
>>386221995
>I have no idea why jeff looked at ben and thought that he would bring anything interesting or energetic to west

he didn't, he just wanted to hire a person that would stay on forever so that he wouldn't have to hire another person.
>>
>>386243690

>uses term libshit
>crimethink
>insults the intelligence of others

My sides.
>>
When Drew left, Dan went east, and Ben and Abby joined
Ben is just a void that consumes all excitement and energy from the room, I'll never understand how he got hired
>>
>>
>>386240578
This. And when people bring up 'wtf are you telling me like two dozen people knew this guy was a harasser and did nothing about it' you get 'but coming forward might get you hararassed and might harm your job prospects' like that's any excuse. And they treat like the best excuse.
While going on crusades about being the change and guilt-tripping devs and treating representation as the most important thing...they won't step up and do the right thing inside their own cliques and stop bad shit happening to other people.
Just whine and cry about it being hard you don't know like nobody else has even had to deal with workplace harassment, like there aren't whole departments at companies and government policies set up to stop this shit happening or deal with it.
Instead it all gets done on social media like people talking in the playground.

Holy shit what a pathetic industry.
>>
>>386226116
as depressing as he is, at least alex has opinions on things, jason (i was going to write justin first because i couldn't even remember his fucking name) is a complete void.
>>
File: 1501884247660.png (273KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1501884247660.png
273KB, 600x338px
How is Brad still this bad at Dota after spending all that time and money on it?

>bought aghs on Enigma, an item that only works with an ability that you're going to successfully land probably 10 times in a whole match
>forgot that he left that item in his backpack when using black hole

He just makes dumb mistakes one after another and doesn't even understand the basics or even how a lot of abilities work, but the worst part is everybody in the comments are always saying that Brad is playing fine and that its his team's fault.
>>
>>386241575
>Alexis and Mary work at twitch
>They're buds with Drew and Danny, 2 patreon people with high profiles.

Drew+Alexis+Mary+Danny Extra Life 24 hour Twitch marathon pls
GB will have to do their own thing to replace that and it might fucking motivate some of them.
>Dan always skips out on doing anything Extra Life that isn't just his normal work hours
Don't think I haven't noticed, fucker.
>>
I can't believe GBeast is starting ANOTHER feature with the Xcom thing. Is West even trying?
>>
>>386225451
Is there a bigger fucking tool on this planet than Austin Walker?
Fucking hell
>>
>>386243958
Brad never learns from his mistakes
>>
>>386243958
>but the worst part is everybody in the comments are always saying that Brad is playing fine and that its his team's fault.

That's the usual mindset of a dota player
>>
>>386242914
now that is what great genetics look like
>>
File: 1493798446434.png (92KB, 230x280px) Image search: [Google]
1493798446434.png
92KB, 230x280px
>>386244145

for the amount of shit this guy talks I bet he has the most skeletons in his closet.
>>
>>386243958
None of their videos get massive hits on youtube or anything, but the Dota videos especially are a wasteland. Nobody wants Dota content. Not even Dota fans want to watch Brad and Ben play Dota. What the hell were they thinking.
>>
>>386244314
Brad just wants an excuse to play Dota and call it work.
>>
>>386244252

>Dude punch nazis lmao
>Stay woke my brothas

What a fucking embarrassment this coon was.
>>
>>386244145
He needs to watch out with this gatekeeping thing he's started doing about shit the comes up.

>problematic event occurs
>Austin makes passive aggressive comments building up a peanut gallery
>problematic event is addressed
>Austin congratulates the person addressing it like they're a good boy, well done, finally you did The Right Thing
>Austin then makes massive tweetchains laying out the 'correct' take for everyone so they can all share the same woke opinion

One of these days he's going to call something wrong or someone (a woman or a trans) is gonna turn around and tell him to fuck off with his shitty take gimmick and he won't be able to do shit and then we'll have the dogpiling of Austin 'there was always something odd about him' Walker
>>
>>386227934
>hire producer
>put infront of camera
>back to needing another producer
>hire another producer
>infront of camera because its ostracizing not letting everyone in
>>
File: 1459189509829.gif (2MB, 347x276px) Image search: [Google]
1459189509829.gif
2MB, 347x276px
Stopped going to the site years ago. Watch some of their stuff on youtube or from the "secret place". I dont watch any GB East content.
>>
>>386244536
>Jason what did you play this week
>Nothing
>Here's a story about all the times I got into barfights and kicked dude's asses with my teenage girl arms

He's just as bad, in fact worse, as he fucks up technical shit and is a massive fucking bell-end..
>>
File: 1493278511248.png (349KB, 378x544px) Image search: [Google]
1493278511248.png
349KB, 378x544px
>>386244490
>mfw jeff is more black than autism walker
>>
File: 2.jpg (198KB, 1062x1062px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
198KB, 1062x1062px
Ben is so fucking creepy and boring holy shit.

His voice is just off putting, and his laugh most of all comes at the most unexpected times and is so fucking unsettling. Listening to the bombcast is a fucking horror movie because you never know when it will assault your senses.

He also is just so fucking boring, and put 5000 hours into dota. And it takes him 4 bombcasts to get the first ending in Nier Automata playing on easy. And then he keeps talking about his ironic Smash Mouth concert and how gay his friends are.
>>
>>386244679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA7GK-48sR8
>>
File: 1487261111068.gif (1MB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1487261111068.gif
1MB, 200x199px
>>386244519

I cannot wait, it will be a massive and glorious shit storm. it'll happen eventually, the snake always eats itself after all, even the "entitled gamer" guy who defended ME3 got thrown under the bus.
>>
File: bear.png (1MB, 1220x959px) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
1MB, 1220x959px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IampU2ru8Ao

>bombcast will never be this good again
>>
>>386244871
>dennis dyack was right about neogaf
>>
>>386224981
They didnt get mad, they just werent hyped for what is essentially a kickstarter and a game that is not only a remake but very, very overrated
>>
File: brad.png (3KB, 261x81px) Image search: [Google]
brad.png
3KB, 261x81px
>>386243958
I have honestly never seen anybody with 1000+ matches have a winrate this low before. I don't know how somebody who plays video games for a living be this bad at it.
>>
>>386245337
Name a single game journalist who is actually good at games.
>>
>>386227080
Austin's one of the softest people to ever walk the face of the earth
>>
File: 1383474024478.gif (1MB, 220x327px) Image search: [Google]
1383474024478.gif
1MB, 220x327px
>>386244961
I miss the days before they went back to CBSi
>>
File: 1493646392636.jpg (39KB, 660x467px) Image search: [Google]
1493646392636.jpg
39KB, 660x467px
>>386245831
>>
>>386228030
It's "journalism" for people who couldn't hack it in actual news
The fact that they're apparently all based out of San Francisco certainly doesn't help, either
>>
>>386227080
How can somebody be so far up their own ass? There are so many times that Austin is just spouting jibberish to impress his clique, rather than to convey a point. He's everything wrong with modern academia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWUje80CLM
>>
GBEast is as good as GB has ever been. West is pretty tragic though.
>>
Why does Ben look like he hasn't got any bones in his body?
>>
File: 1370806942458.png (226KB, 573x356px) Image search: [Google]
1370806942458.png
226KB, 573x356px
>>386245882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eymeFiw7RQ
>>
>>386243846
Abby is a total treasure, though. East has all the good people now. And Alex.
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.