[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA:SA "scandal"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: hettkaffe.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hettkaffe.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
How the fuck did the hot cofee mod turn into such a huge scandal?

First of all, GTA is a game targetted to adults. Children shouldn't even play it (but we still did!).

Second of all, it's not even that explicit. They are basically dry humping each other like in Road to Hell: Retribution.

Third of all, it's not even part of the main game! You have to hack into it to even make it a thing.
>>
>>386220079
It's popular and no adults understand what hacking and probably didn't even know it was one, easy for the media to bash.
>>
>>386220079
Because bugers don't have a problem with violence, killing etc (makes sense, that's what the US is based on).
But mention sex once and they go ape-shit insane.
>>
God bless America
>>
I think Rockstar put some plants out there to sow the seeds of outrage themselves. From there, its easy to see a domino effect where every publication has to run a story about this keeerazy and controversial hot new thing everyone else is writing about. Games writers today are even worse, being glorified bloggers with mental illness. They are not hard people to manipulate, at all.

I think they even had people encouraging Jack Thompson, pretending they were on his side. All the while knowing they were safe as fuck from the law and raking in free publicity.
>>
Didn't rockstar lie to esrb saying there was nothing like this in the final version but left the files for it in the game anyway.
>>
>>386222335
Well you technically can't access it normally so it's fine
>>
>>386222260
probably this desu
>>
File: make luv not wor.jpg (260KB, 1004x862px) Image search: [Google]
make luv not wor.jpg
260KB, 1004x862px
>>386220079
Basically this: >>386221613
>>
>>386223930
Manhunt received an AO rating.
>>
>>386221613
this basically
>>
>>386223930
Manhunt and CoD both had controversies surrounding them, child.
>>
>>386224357
It really doesn't matter what rating a game gets to most parents.
>>
>>386224472
I don't remember the Manhunt controversy and all I remember about the MW2 thing was sensationalist kotaku articles.

But hot coffee even made it onto my local news.
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 666x626px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 666x626px
>>386224786
>>
File: piggsy.jpg (60KB, 340x370px) Image search: [Google]
piggsy.jpg
60KB, 340x370px
>>386224357
>Manhunt received an AO rating.

Only Manhunt 2 on PC received an AO rating, the Wii and PS2 versions were so heavily censored they ended up getting an M rating.
>>
>>386221613
>>386224436
But...that's bullshit
>>
Basically total misinformation on all fronts.

They basically made it sound like it was a game about raping and murdering hookers that kids could easily get. Spammed that constantly because that's a more interesting story than "a game for adults has a completely optional modification where you can poorly simulate consensual sex"
Businesses and Regulatory Systems being the chicken shits they are always air on the "safe side" and made it Ao rather than risk someone with clout coming after them.
>>
>>386225567
It really is but it's also very true, unfortunately
>>
>>386225207
>>386224992
Manhunt 2 was pretty mediocre anyway. Controversy and R*'s name was the only thing it had going for it.
>>
>>386220079
"Think of the children" for some reason anything is free game except the moment you bring in any sex. It was an easy target for ignorant parents to spread to other ignorant parents to justify their argument that 'games are bad'.

It had nothing to do with how shitty the mod was.
>>
File: 1496845007442.png (514KB, 572x421px) Image search: [Google]
1496845007442.png
514KB, 572x421px
>>386220079
You need to understand this kind of "scandals" are tailored by old gits who know jackshit about vidya and hold to the "old values" of their generation.
And then there are those who just try to raise fuss because it brings more page hits and therefore ad revenue.

It's fucking obvious this is a game for adults only but because it's a video game these cumsgobblers make a lot of noise about it because video games are "kids" thing.
You see a lot of nudity and sex in films (fucks sake you see half naked women and shit in music videos on music channels) and yet nobody gives two shits about them and no one has ever said "b-but what if a child sees this!"

>>386226741
I'd like to draw your attention to what I wrote above.
>>
>>386226807
There's a difference between a naked person vs sexual acts. It's why PG13 movies can have nudity and parents are fine with it. It was 100% 'games are for kids and why is there sex in it?' Completely ignoring that the amount of sex that is persistent throughout the game.

ESRB was forced to give it the AO rating which, again, was an easy target.
>>
>>386226353
No it's bullshit as in it's untrue.
America can be just as stupid about violence as it can with sex.
Are you really forgetting the "murder simulator" meme that surrounded GTA? The constant blaming of media violence for actual violence.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.