[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they still in business if they never make any good games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 18

File: 3077761-6118352663-latest.jpg (392KB, 1500x1245px) Image search: [Google]
3077761-6118352663-latest.jpg
392KB, 1500x1245px
How are they still in business if they never make any good games?
>>
there is a critical mass of idiots with mediocre tastes and piles of disposable income. they keep many shit devs/publishers in business.
>>
>>386216885
Because they make good games and your opinion is not representative of the mass market.
>>
Wildlands was the most bought game of last year despite being garbage.
>>
You don't need to make good games in order to be succesful in the vidya industry. You just need a good marketing department.
>>
>>386217086
>because they make shit games and any reasonable person's opinion is not representative of normies
ftfy
>>
>>386216885
Because children.
>>
You don't need to make a good game to make money faggot. You just have to sell it.
>>
>>386217220
Simply disagreeing with someone does not make you "reasonable". The free market hasn't gotten where it is today by everybody but a select few being complete and total fools incapable of having a functional life whilst some "non-normies" sit on an imageboard complaining about it to no end.
>>
>>386217368
But no one will buy shit products. Isn't that how free markets work?
>>
Well I just saw a torrent for wildlands so I guess I'm about to find out if Ubisoft is still shit or not. I have no problem buying this game if it's fun. If the single player is cool then multiplayer will be awesome.
>>
>>386217527
Selling the dream, that's all you have to do. Works like that with most things in the entertainment industry. You only need to do the minimal required to be standard, then it's all about not giving a fuck.
>>
>>386217580
It's boring shit
>>
File: oxp12ahx_998474.jpg (120KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
oxp12ahx_998474.jpg
120KB, 1024x576px
DONT WORRY GUYS WE GOT THIS

WE WILL SAVE UBISOFT
>>
Because the games that they make appeal to a very wide audience, and are good mind numbing fun
>>
File: 14771123819274987.jpg (176KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
14771123819274987.jpg
176KB, 1024x576px
>white male millennials completely ignoring the successes of Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>>386217835
looks like it, I'm going to investigate though. Not losing any money/time on yet, don't see the harm.
>>
>>386216885
Siege exist
>>
>>386217378
>The free market hasn't gotten where it is today by everybody but a select few being complete and total fools incapable of having a functional life
incorrect. that's exactly why the market is the way it is thanks to retarded fools incapable of having a functioning brain. that's why markets crash.well that and greed
>>
>>386217952

why do 3rd party devs consistently take quality more seriously whenever they handle a Nintendo IP? Shouldn't they do the same for their own IP?
>>
File: 1501884715839.jpg (19KB, 462x579px) Image search: [Google]
1501884715839.jpg
19KB, 462x579px
>>386216885
Contrary to your belief, Ubisoft is one of the best company out there since 2013-2014, 200 mongolians on an azerbaidjani insect fighting board can be contrarian all they want, the other millions sane, social and succesful people (((normies))) actually have patrician tastes and will eye you for wearing your fedora and taking your weebtrash japfilth anime pillow to the mall.
>>
>>386218243
Most people aren't talking about weeb shit in thread you dumb faggot. Read.
>>
>>386216885
They actually make the best games
>For Honor
innovative and brilliant
>Wildlands
GOTY, first 4-player co-op open world
>Watch Dogs
on Rockstar's level but with an added layer of complexity thanks to hacking
>Rainbow Six Siege
what Counterstrike should have been, an evolution
>Star Trek Bridge Crew
best VR game ever made

and that's just in the last year
>>
>>386218308

B-B-But Japan-
>>
>>386218243
>it's eurooposting time
>>386218243
>the other millions sane, social and succesful people (((normies))) actually have patrician tastes
not surprised
>>
>>386217086
>Because they make good games
Implying half of them even have effort put into them.
>>
File: 1501882049381.png (836KB, 862x724px) Image search: [Google]
1501882049381.png
836KB, 862x724px
>>386218308
Then why is this board infested with anime posting and the weebtrash mods don't clean it?
>>
>>386216885
I feel the concepts of the games sells itself. Then people buy the game in droves and are disappointed shortly after release. Rinse and repeat i.e: AC Unity, Watch Dogs, Division, and Wildlands, and soon Skulls and Bones.
>>
>>386217093
This still baffles me but I guess casuals were just really hungry for a bro-op game to fuck around in.
>>
>>386218428
One more reason amerifats are mad at yurop, we didn't fall for the anime meme, we actually have the education necessary to not fall to petty vices and bad habits, sure there are some rotten apples here and there but we quickly clean them.
>>
>>386218352
>Online multiplayer rock-paper-scissors garbage
>OPEN WORLD MEME: WILD "DEAD GAME" lands
>Cuck_DoGs
>Actually an ok online shooter that wishes it had CS:GO's audience
>VR meme Star Trek - For The Players® (who are actually nerds throwing money away)
>>
>>386218627
>we didn't fall for the anime meme
>posting on an anime website
sorry to tell you friend...but it looks like you fell for it
>>
File: 041 - VsxiwWO.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
041 - VsxiwWO.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>386218352
>For Honor
plagued with connection issues, fighting head to head can get boring. would be nice if there was like a siege mode against fortified armaments or something.
>Wildlands
The buggiest game I've ever laid my hands on. I can't even give you an opinion on the 4 player co-op because the game just didn't work for 2 friends. Besides that, it's kinda boring in its world and story. Like just cause, but without the fun factor in blowing everything up.
>Watch_Dogs xD
Below Rockstar's level in just about every category, but it was indeed a neat game for ~20 hours.
>Rainbow Six Siege
not 'what counterstrike should have been' but a nice change of pace and style from other games.
>Star Trek Bridge Crew
haven't seen too much of this, but best VR game is a big statement. RE7 VR would be a better pick IMO.

Also probably bait, but it's nice to start a discussion.
>>
>>386218665
>Dead game lands
>Best seller of the last year

You need to think this through more. Shitposting is fun but at least put more effort.
>>
File: Tenochtitlan scale chart.jpg (3MB, 4290x2975px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan scale chart.jpg
3MB, 4290x2975px
QUICK /V/: What's a game ubisoft could make that would actually get you to preorder

>Aztec asscred, pic related
>>
>>386219030

The city was really on an island? that's beautiful.
>>
>>386219030
Japan Assassins Creed
Beyond Good & Evil 2/3 (original cast of characters)
Splinter Cell
>>
>>386219030
>from dust 2 at the price point of 20ish dollars if it didn't require a uplay connection on pc
fuck you i liked it.
>>
>>386219030
Brothers In Arms: Vietnam
>>
>>386219030
Far Cry Survival
>>
>>386219239
That's Gearbox
>>
>>386219158
Not just an island, but they expanded the island with artificial islands in a grid pattern expanding outward, and spaced them to have canals between them for irrigation for farming, and for transportation and also to have residential housing over it. It was basically venice, except with twice the population

Literally every spanish account for the city and the surrounding settlements has them writing at length at how absurdly beautiful it was.

>>386219196
Shiiiiiiiiiit, i'd also do it for a from dust 2
>>
In a media-focused industry, you don't have to make a good product.

Just a sellable one.
>>
File: 1499998178166.jpg (2MB, 1647x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1499998178166.jpg
2MB, 1647x1283px
>>386219738
>>386219158
in fact dumping spanish excerpts before I head off, hopefully it doesn't derail the thread; starting off with excertps from cortes's letters to charles V:

>"(About Montezuma II) He possessed out of the city as well as within, numerous villas, each of which had its peculiar sources of amusement, and all were constructed in the best possible manner for the use of a great prince and lord. Within the city his palaces were so wonderful that it is hardly possible to describe their beauty and extent ; I can only say that in Spain there is nothing equal to them."

>"The city of Iztapalapa contains twelve or fifteen thousand houses; it is situated on the shore of a large salt lake, one-half of it being built upon the water, and one half on terra firma. The governor or chief of the city has several new houses, which, although they are not yet finished, are equal to the better class of houses in Spain –being large and well constructed, in the stone work, the carpentry, the floors, and the various appendages necessary to render a house complete, excepting the reliefs and other rich work usual in Spanish houses. There are also many upper and lower rooms–cool gardens, abounding in trees and odoriferous flowers; also pools of fresh water, well constructed, with stairs leading to the bottom."
(...)

Note that "itzapalpa(n)" isn't even the main city, it's just a smaller settlement off across the shore from the main series of islands the capital was built on, you can see it in the maps in >>386219030.
>>
>>386219738
>Shiiiiiiiiiit, i'd also do it for a from dust 2

impossible anon, every single person i've ever seen talk about it thought it was the worst black and white ripoff to ever happen

[i bet they didn't do the challenges which is arguably the best part of the game/spoiler]
>>
File: 1499998305410.jpg (716KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499998305410.jpg
716KB, 1280x768px
>>386220081
>"There is also a very extensive kitchen garden attached to the house, and over it a belvidere with beautiful corridors and halls; and within the garden a large square pond of fresh water, having its walls formed of handsome hewn stone; and adjacent to it there is a promenade, consisting of a tiled pavement so broad that four persons can walk on it abreast, and four hundred paces square, or sixteen hundred paces round; enclosed on one side towards the wall of the garden by canes, intermingled with vergas, and on the other side by shrubs and sweet-scented plants. The pond contains a great variety of fish and water-fowl, as wild ducks, teal, and others so numerous that they often cover the surface of the water."

(...)

>"On their route they passed through three provinces, that, according to the report of the Spaniards, contained very fine land, many villages and cities, with much scattered population, and buildings equal to any in Spain. They mentioned particularly a house and castle, the latter larger, of greater strength, and better built than the castle of Burgos ; and the people of one of these provinces, called Tamazulapa, were better clothed than those of any other we had seen, as it justly appeared to them."

And here are some other accounts by Bernal DĂ­az del Castillo, chapters LXXXVII and XCII of the True History of the Conquest of the New Spain:

>"The next morning we reached the broad high road of Iztapalapan, whence we for the first time beheld the numbers of towns and villages built in the lake, and the still greater number of large townships on the mainland, with the level causeway which ran in a straight line into Mexico."
(...)

Again, remember, Itzapalapan isn't even the city itself, it's another smaller city/settlement just off the edge of it connected via causeways and leveees connecting them across the lakes (because, yeah, the aztecs had roads and aquaducts and levees all cutting across the lake connecting islands and shorelines
>>
File: 1499998397381.png (622KB, 1026x573px) Image search: [Google]
1499998397381.png
622KB, 1026x573px
>>386220205
(...)
>"Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of, beforehand."

>"When we approached near to Iztapalapan, two other caziques came out in great pomp to receive us: one was the prince of Cuitlahuac, and the other of Cojohuacan; both were near relatives of Motecusuma. We now entered the town of Iztapalapan, where we were indeed quartered in palaces, of large dimensions, surrounded by spacious courts, and built of hewn stone, cedar and other sweet-scented wood. All the apartments were hung round with cotton cloths."

>"After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths. There was likewise a basin of sweet water, which was connected with the lake by means of a small canal. It was constructed of stone of various colours, and decorated with numerous figures, and was wide enough to hold their largest canoes."
(...)
>>
>>386219030
>>386219738
>>386220081
>>386220205
>>386220241
Stop shitting up /v/ with your make-believe crap.

AZTEC. SHIT. WILL. NEVER. HAPPEN.
>>
Had no idea SA was this cool, googling the fuck out this right now.
>>
File: 1499998250601.jpg (1MB, 1415x969px) Image search: [Google]
1499998250601.jpg
1MB, 1415x969px
>>386220241
(...)
>"In this basin various kinds of water-fowls were swimming up and down, and everything was so charming and beautiful that we could find no words to express our astonishment. Indeed I do not believe a country was ever discovered which was equal in splendour to this; for Peru was not known at that time. But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining, and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."

>"(About Tlatelolco) After we had sufficiently gazed upon this magnificent picture, we again turned our eyes toward the great market, and beheld the vast numbers of buyers and sellers who thronged there. The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico."

reminder the destroyed basically everything, and then because they didn';t know how to rebuild any of the hydroengineering the aztecs had, their rebuilt city kept flooding, so they drained the lakes (which eventually caused the extinction of axolotl salamanders in the wild, yes, the ones that never grow up), which only caused more issues such as drought and soil lquidfication. You know the city over the ruins now as Mexico city.
>>
>>386220342
t. Pedro
>>
File: 1436327879618.jpg (178KB, 491x713px) Image search: [Google]
1436327879618.jpg
178KB, 491x713px
I honestly have no fucking idea. I don't think anyone at Ubisoft has any clue what they're doing.

Assassins Creed was once a fucking work of art, and then Ubisoft decided they'd shit out a sequel every year, until AC: Unity was so broken that everyone abandoned the series altogether.

I think AC: Syndicate sold literally zero copies.

These are the same people who spent the entire budget of Watch_Dogs on ads and forgot they had to actually produce a fucking video game, so the 1337 HAXOR features ended up being "press x to hack", tacked onto a shitty GTA clone

Also, can we all agree whoever thought Far Cry Primal was a good idea was fucking retarded?
>>
>>386220413
>Mexico
>south america

The term you want is mesoamerica. But yeah, they were basically roman empire tier, if not ahead of 16th century europe in terms of their waterworks/hydroeneeering and hygenic systems and practices (Cortes said they had better doctors and european doctors coming in during colonization also supported this, they also had plumbing, bathed twice daily relative to rarely for europeans, and had a dedicated civil class of street cleaners). They might have also been the first nation to formally have universal compulsory education for all citizens,

They had all that, a full civil legal system with courts, literature and poetry, philosophy, etc. They were pretty much just behind in metallurgy, lacking higher maths, and having no beasts of burden (since there were no horses, oxen, donkeys, mules, etc)
>>
>>386220839
>bathed twice daily relative to rarely for europeans
true to this day
>>
>>386216885

They do though. I don't think /v/ even remembers why they shit on them, because some AC released in a bugged state?
Because they actually use their resources to make games? Who knows.
>>
>>386221098
>can't even fathom why people can't stand modern ubisoft
you mistyped redddit.com friend.
>>
>>386217093
>garbage
But anon, it's not even garbage, it's worse than that. I could write a book about why this game is the worse thing I ever played.
>>
>>386219030
Assassin's Creed set in Korea under Japanese rule. Japs were templars n sheet.
Splinter Cell 1, Pandora Tomorrow remake with enhanced lighting/shaders and few gameplay changes.
>>
>>386216885
They still have strong marketing, and then, the graphics are good, the performance is good, the overall concepts and designs are attractive, the sound design is alright (albeit certainly getting shittier and shittier), they're generally large open worlds which always make great promises.

Sure, the gameplay is garbage, the AI is worse than in early 80's games, they're buggier and buggier each year, the open world design is shit, and the writing is absolute vomit-inducing material. But that's the shit you only figure out once you bought it, and some people never learn.

Actually most people don't really think twice about the studio that makes a game, did you know that? They don't look at the logos at the start of the game, they don't connect games together.
>>
>>386220990
I refuse to believe that, most euros I see on here constantly dog everyone else for being 'dirty'.
>>
>>386216885
normalfag casuals who fall for bullshit trailers
>>
File: rayman legends.jpg (509KB, 1280x678px) Image search: [Google]
rayman legends.jpg
509KB, 1280x678px
>>386219030
Another lightherted, fun Rayman game in Origins/Legends style. That's all they managed to get really right those past few years.
>>
>>386222334
It's like that with most media. I always look at the studio/developer/artist background. Those are all deciding factors in whether or not I will consume. The actual look of the product sometimes is irrelevant in face of the names of individuals who I know have talent (or don't)
>>
>>386222504
>using the word "dog" the same way it was used as slang in the 90s
get your shit together yurope
>>
>>386216885
Because their marketing always tricks people into thinking
>b-but this time it won't be garbage, it's different!
Case in point the Rabbidz game.
>>
>>386219030
Rayman 4
>>
>>386216885
Don't worry anon, when vivendi buys them out they'll be gutted and good as dead.
>>
Child of Light is on my 10/10 list tho. I am eagerly awaiting the second, and will play the shit out of it.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>>386217527
>no one will buy shit products
>>
I do like Siege quite a bit but it's a shame that a different company didn't make it. May have the worst netcode of any modern FPS and despite actually trying to fix these problems they clearly can't.
>>
>>386223581
this, ubi should stick to 2D, it's what they're good at
>>
File: 1449263106276.png (52KB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449263106276.png
52KB, 652x480px
>>386218489
Because it was, is, and always will be a weeb forum, dipshit.
>>
>>386217086
Cause of literally mouthbreathers likes this fucker.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.