[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I honestly don't have a problem with people not liking these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
63KB, 460x215px
I honestly don't have a problem with people not liking these games, and I think it was personally far from perfect but people got upset about the wrong things.
>terrible controls
The base controls were fine, it was when it started getting into the minigames where things took a nosedive, especially the minecart levels
>terrible camera
Like, one instance in the game where this is an issue (the first boss in which it is a massive issue)
>Hub world too hard to navigate
How fucking retarded do you have to be for this to be a legitimate point? If you don't have Alzheimer's it's incredibly easy to remember where to go and what to do. It really isn't that fucking big
>Annoying voices
Isn't this what was asked for? What on earth were you expecting?

It seems like people backed it hoping to get another Banjo Kazooie game and were annoyed that they got another Banjo Kazooie game (Jim Sterling's review in particular was beyond retarded). I get the feeling most of them have never played a Banjo Kazooie game in their life.
>>
People wanted Kazooie and they got Banjo-Tooie
>>
>>386209101
But both of those games are great.
>>
I learned to immediately disregard any review that said "rose tinted spectacles" for this and Crash N Sane Trilogy, as most would just offer up the most baseless criticisms known to man that would lead one to suspect that despite hyping the game up themselves they never had any interest in it to begin with and won't critique it properly.
>>
The PC version is getting a patch.

Pagies have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
Improved speed when scrolling through Totals Menu
New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
Restart option added in the pause menu during arcade games and Kartos challenges
Minecart control and hitbox improvements, plus new visual effects
Improved flying controls

Hopefully it'll come to PS4 and XBone too. They already confirmed these will be standard in the Switch port.
>>
I enjoyed Yooka-Laylee when I first played it, but the experience was so mediocre that I have literally no desire to play it ever again.

I could make a long as hell post arguing everything you said in the OP, but why? It's not really a game worth arguing over. So if you liked it, then good on you.
>>
The most recent patch made it decent.
It's still lacking in content compared to Kazooie and Tooie.
>>
>>386209937
>>386210229
Any word on those new DLC levels? More levels would fix the core problem of the game.
>>
>>386210340
I didn't even know it was getting DLC levels.
>>
>>386210340
>More levels would fix the core problem of the game

Quality over quantity, anon. That said, Yooka Laylee has neither.
>>
>>386210496
epic, d00d!
>>
>>386209937
Is there any word on when the Switch ports going to get released?
>>
>>386209101
I really can't agree with that, YL is definitely a BK, not a BT.
>>
>>386210340
No word on DLC worlds yet, I imagine they want to finish polishing the game before working on additional worlds.

>>386210496
>>386210590
Sadly correct, the worlds in Yooka-Laylee are fairly uninspired. They have fun challenges and are easy to traverse, but there's no real thought put into them like with BK and BT worlds. They're just big ass playgrounds.
>>
>>386211813
"Working on it".
>>
Where the fuck is the 64-bit shader?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.