[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: company-of-heroes-2-img-4.jpg (43KB, 462x260px) Image search: [Google]
company-of-heroes-2-img-4.jpg
43KB, 462x260px
Protip: You can_
>>
>>386206653

>no one playing SU since update

jesus christ, what happened

also i want to git gud but i have no sparing partner, no one to tell me what i'm doing right or wrong
>>
>>386207550
>I have to sparring partner

Mate you don't know the worst of it, I play on mac and there's maybe 10-20 people who play multiplayer.
>>
File: 1480701676318.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480701676318.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386208551
>I play on mac and there's maybe 10-20 people who play multiplayer.

why would you do that to yourself
>>
>>386209048
it's okay because we all have each other added (otherwise we would never be able to get enough players)

we're all fun friends :3c
>>
>>386206653
CoH1 still better in every aspect.
>>
Who else only spammed penals as main infantry when playing soviets? They're a fun unit, and I usually played with a friend who had conscripts.

Also I play Ostruppen, fucking Ostruppen are awesome.

Haven't played in a while though.
>>
>>386210365
Penals got nerfed in the most recent update, they don't even have their flamethrower upgrade anymore
>>
>>386210552
damn
>>
GERMANS ARE OVERPOWERED WTF. THEIR TANKS WEREN'T THAT GOOD AND THEY WOULD SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST ALL THE TIME COMPARED TO SUPERIOR SOVIET ARMOR
>>
>>386211979
Relic has a terminal case of Wehrabooism.

>the entire campaign riddled with anti-soviet rhetoric, so much so it garnered media attention
>fails to showcase how outgunned the Wehrmacht really was in 1941
>fails to mix historical facts and balancing, for example the T-34 was superior to the III and IV in every way but in CoH2 "THE T34 DRIVERS JUST RAMMED THEIR TANKS INTO SUPERIOR GERMAN ARMOR TO KILL IT"
>>
File: German-Infantry-Skins-Bild3.jpg (507KB, 888x627px) Image search: [Google]
German-Infantry-Skins-Bild3.jpg
507KB, 888x627px
What's your favorite quote from coh2?

>SHOVE AN 8CM ROCKET UP THEIR ASS
>>
>>386210294
Sure is. Gonna que some 1v1 automatch now.
>>
>>386212252
>"We're panzergrenadiers, not panzers!"
>"Frozen grenadiers here!"
>"I think I have snow in my pants."

I enjoy their sense of humor.
But some of the death cries legit brings me some bad feels sometimes. Specialy from the vehicle crews.
>>
File: 192312326-192312400_30607.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
192312326-192312400_30607.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>386212156
>T-34 was superior to the III and IV in every way
Come on now. I know it's tempting to summon the /k/fags to salvage this thread, but let's not start with the shitposting just yet.
>>
>>386210279
How dead is the scene for this game anyway?
It's supposed to have a few thousand players, but how is it really?

Sometimes I'm tempted to give the multiplayer a shot, but then I just give up and play bots to get my seasonal tank kick.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>386212156
you are retarded beyond belief. Pz 3 and 4s had actual turret baskets so the gunner and commanders don't have to turn their bodies 180 fucking degrees like that chick from the exorcist.

Pz3/4s had commander's cupolas so that you can actually see 360 degrees around the tank without popping your head out like a retard, unlike the t-34 until latewar design.

Most importantly, pz3/4s had dedicated commanders, gunners, and loaders so to tank actually worked efficiency whereas a t34 tank commander was also the gunner and which he had to constantly shift his view from looking through the barrel hole to popping his head outside the hatch to have anything more than tunnel vision.

>b-but muh sloped armor
Sure, it helped against early 5cm or low velocity 7.5cm guns, but were utterly useless anything past early war. You would expect a hull upgrade but nope, just slap on a new turret with the 85mm and call it a day, which was fucking useless because tanks aimed for the largest mass which were the hulls. 120mm turret armor was useless as fuck because of the glowing 70mm effective hull armor that everyone aimed at.

Oh, that's not all faggot. Have you actually set foot inside those tanks? I've been to kubinka and other tank museums on special tours where they allow that and let me tell you, russian tank interiors are small as FUCK because of sloped armor. If the crew doesn't have enough ventilation or moving space, then they can't function well in battle. You think comfort is some sort of meme but that's a large factor that even our modern military takes in account on every possibility.

tldr: kill yourself because your opinion is shit and is backed by subhuman slavic masturbation fantasies
>>
Should i bother getting OKW at this point
>>
>>386212252
>nashorn
>"open top. rain. fucking brilliant engineering"
>>
I enjoyed CoH1 and expansions. I have CoH2, but didn't play it yet. Should I get CoH2 collection once it's on sale?
>>
>>386213635
if you want to test it, you can use my account
>>
>>386213278
>Most importantly, pz3/4s had dedicated commanders, gunners, and loaders so to tank actually worked efficiency
didnt help at the Kursk tank battle LMAO
wehraboos BTFO
>>
>>386213743
>s-shit I w-w-was proven w-wrong by f-facts!
>better bring up some unrelated straw man

nu/v/ everyone
>>
>>386213964
>muh superior german engineering
>got btfo by poorly wielded tin cans at the kursk battle
LMAO HOW CAN WEHRABOOS RECOVER
>>
File: 1499741071163.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499741071163.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>386214138
>I learned how to 4chan yesterday!

stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>386214243
>t.triggered wehraboo
>>
File: 1487660657544.png (250KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1487660657544.png
250KB, 500x495px
>>386214358
>if I keep repeating the same thing it might do something!
>>
>>386214475
>t.triggering continues
>>
>>386206653
One of the only video games or media as a whole to truely portray soviets are they really were. Sent good men into the slaughter, couldn't care less about their own men, are were basically animals
>>
>>386214589
You're underaged, we get it.
>>
>>386206653
1 was objectively better in every way.
>>
>>386214679
you're mad we get it.
>>
>>386213576

pretty sure that was whirbelwind
>>
>>386214712
>can't determine what emotion someone has
autist kek
>>
>>386214854
SEETHING
>>
>>386214765
you might be right. it's been a while since I played
>>
File: 1501736608991.jpg (41KB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
1501736608991.jpg
41KB, 750x675px
>>386214875
>>
>>386212156
If by media attention you mean drunk russians whose equally drunk grandpappy got crushed by the germans, sure.
>>
>>386215671
>american education
>>
>>386213357
Yes. Wait until it's on sale though.
>>
>>386207550
I've tried looking for one, but it's usually kind of imbalanced.

What'd the last update do? I have good memories of T-34s and clever combined arms tactics of the Soviets, but I haven't played in almost a year.
>>
>>386206653
Men of war exists lmao
Fuken pleb casual
>>
>>386216026
Before the latest update the tactic I usually saw for Soviets was to blob penals with flamethrowers, hold a fuel point, and build up 2-4 T-34s for late-game rushing. Not sure what's going to happen now that Penals are much kess effective against infantry.

Honestly the first two factions are outclassed by the new ones imo, the OKW does everything the Ostheer does but better, the only reason you should be playing Ostheer is if you're supporting your OKW teammates on a 3v3 or 4v4 map.
>>
>>386216167
>can't play a RTS game without babby CoD gameplay
wew lad
>>
>>386213278
Mate you can theorize based on your own views but the Germans had no effective way of dealing with Soviet Tanks in 1941, this is not even disputable since the Wehrmacht battle reports themselves talk about how none of the anti-tank rifles, anti-tank guns, or tanks could effectively kill T-34s.

"Half a dozen anti-tank guns fire shells at him [a T-34], which sound like a drumroll. But he drives staunchly through our line like an impregnable prehistoric monster... It is remarkable that lieutenant Steup's tank made hits on a T-34, once at about 20 meters and four times at 50 meters, with Panzergranate 40 (caliber 5 cm), without any noticeable effect."
-German battle report
Finkel 2011, 138-150

"The KV-1 and KV-2, which we first met here, were really something! Our companies opened fire at about 800 yards, but [they] remained ineffective. We moved closer and closer to the enemy, who for his part continued to approach us unconcerned. Very soon we were facing each other at 50 to 100 yards. A fantastic exchange of fire took place without any visible German success. The Russian tanks continued to advance, and all armour-piercing shells simply bounced off them. Thus we were presently faced with the alarming situation of the Russian tanks driving through the ranks of 1st Panzer Regiment towards our own infantry and our hinterland. Our Panzer Regiment therefore about turned and rumbled back with the KV-1s and KV-2s roughly in line with them. In the course of that operation we succeeded in immobilizing some of them with special purpose shells at very close range - 30 to 60 yards. A counter attack was launched and the Russians were thrown back. A protective front established and defensive fighting continued."
—Paul Carrell, Hitler Moves East
>>
>>386217586
"In the first weeks of the invasion, the main German anti-tank and tank weapon was the 3.7 cm Pak 36, the 5 cm KwK 38 and 5 cm KwK 39, as well as the short-barreled, howitzer-like German 7.5 cm KwK 37 gun. The new 5 cm Pak 38 had just begun to enter service in small numbers, with a maximum of two weapons per infantry regiment. German tank guns proved to be somewhat ineffective at greater range and within the lethal envelop of the F-34 tank gun, used by the T-34 and KV-1. Generally, the T-34 outclassed the existing Panzer III and short-barreled Panzer IV medium tanks."
Forczyk 2007, p. 4
>>
>>386216247
I've been feeling like the USF and the OKW have been bad for the game since their release. Maybe they could be balanced one day, but just before their release, I felt like CoH2 had the most depth and best balance between Germans and Soviets. Soviets had the ability to tech much quicker than the Germans, and their infantry groups were more independent compared to the reliance on groups that the ostheer had, which gave them a strong early game presence and the ability to carry themselves forward on momentum. Germans meanwhile had some of the strongest specialized troops available, tougher armor across the board, and a larger variety of late game equipment to use. It gave an interesting dynamic where the Russians would usually look to secure an early advantage against the Germans while the Germans would look to cautiously expand throughout the map to hit critical mass.

And then the USF and the OKW came out, and took their sides' respective traits to the extreme. The USF absolutely needed to dominate the early game (And were in a good position to do so due to the raw strength and versatility of Riflemen) to win since the majority of their armor was on the lighter side of the spectrum and their AT had lots of trouble against heavier tanks. Meanwhile the OKW got so much stronger the longer you kept their infantry alive that veteran 4 and 5 soldiers were murder machines but required an absolutely perfect balance between aggression and defense to keep them alive and build them up over the course of the game.
>>
>>386212252

>Yes! They Are shooting at us, Comrade Obvious!
>Heavy tank under infantry fire! ...why am I shouting this!?
>>
File: 1500000706617.jpg (170KB, 408x742px) Image search: [Google]
1500000706617.jpg
170KB, 408x742px
>>386206653

I played the game since the beta, and still jump in from time to time.

A flaw with the base game? None. The new LoS system was amazing, and I actually liked the Blizzard mechanic. It made the game slow down sometimes and allowed you to catch your breath for a while.It was also a feature that separated it from other RTS systems, which a lack of killed the genre. Each army is fun to use and differs in gameplay enough to warrant giving each a shot, without differing too far from the base experience. The single player was basically a middle finger to historuical accuracy, but I haven't touched it since I got all the achievements for it

Relic balancing? Don't get me fucking started. After they discovered that the P2W retards were all playing as the Germans, they just kept ignoring the pleas of the Allied playerbase. I mained the Soviets during this time, so lemmie tell you it's not amazing waiting nearly ten minutes to find a match because the playerbase is 70% Axis. By the time Relic finally got off their arses and started doing something besides pumping cash into a fucking eSports scene, heaps of the playerbase had simply given up and fucked off. The US Army got a couple of my friends playing again, but the fact that the expansion was separated into two fucking packs was more than enough to kill the game for me. The British were too little, too late.

The game's still fun to play and everything, but Relic can get fucked if they want me to invest a considerable amount of time into it.
>>
>>386217586
>originally pz3/4 vs t34
>moved goalpost pz3/4 vs kv1/2
>yay, I win

stay on topic faggot, or say you're making another point without pretending to refute the previous unrelated one
>>
The amount of faggots that leave as soon as something doesnt go any way they want to is horrifying. Also grinding for commanders is not really fun.
>>
>>386218379

>I mained the Soviets during this time, so lemmie tell you it's not amazing waiting nearly ten minutes to find a match because the playerbase is 70% Axis.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. If there's too many Axis players, you, as an Allied player, should be getting matches faster while the Axis players have to wait longer because there aren't enough Allies to fight against.
>>
>>386218389
The first report said it was about the T-34 you inbred illiterate wehraboo
>>
>>386219068

He probably only played team games.

>being this much of a deadweight
>>
>>386217841
Have you played the UKF yet?
>>
>>386217586
It's funny how much like with the american armor prowess relies on the glories of a single, work-horse type of tank and the arguments in its favor ultimately boil down to reliability and availability.

Numbers and efficiency are what usualy wins wars, but when enthusiasts like we discuss the topic, those arguments lose importance.

The germans had a bunch of solutions to the T-34. They just couldn't afford 50 thousand of them.

Much like the japanese, the germans had to rely on "engineering gymnastics" to make their shit count aganist two swarms from both sides. But if that's your hope for success in a war, you're probably doomed already.
>>
>>386215883
>butthurt Ivan
>>
The insane amount of overpriced DLC made me not want to touch it.
>>
>>386221998
U MAD?
>>
>>386222529
I think Americans are a joke too. There's no need to be upset snow nigger.
>>
>>386206653
I can't play it because of team colors on vehicles, infantry and frontlines (implying I can't quickly determine which troops are mine and which are not) and ahistorical uniforms. At least CoH1 had mods which helped with that.
>>
>>386222725
Are you colorblind
>>
>>386212252

>"I am missing a biscuit! Stealing is not the Soviet way comrades!"

>"WHAT ZE FUCK DOES URA MEAN"

>"We keep blowing up T34s but they keep making more!"

>"Throw the fookin' gammon ya tit, pretend it's a brick at the coppers"

>"We ate the horse remember? Now start pulling!"

why can't all games have such good dialogue
>>
>>386219950
Reliability and availability coupled with a doctrine that emphasizes large scale advantages of work horse materiel and personnel is what wins wars, not technical prowess. Germans had fantastic equipment on paper, that tended to be over engineered (for example, the notoriously unreliable Panther) and was faced off against thousands of technically slightly sub-par, but hardy workhorse pieces of enemy equipment (ie. T-34 and Shermans). You know what they say, slow and steady wins the race, and that's exactly the advantage Allies (especially Soviets) had over the Germans in continental Europe.
>>
>>386224570
The horse line is in reference to how the German Army was mainly transported by horses. They outnumbered vehicles about 4:1 iirc
>>
>>386226406
yeah fascinating how everyone thinks that they were the most mechanized military in the world when literally everything including AT guns were pulled by horses
>>
Bought by Sega

RIP THQ
>>
>>386212252
>Yes, I know it's technically impossible to shoot a Panzershreck from an enclosed position. Don't read the FUCKING MANUAL NEXT TIME, AND YOU WON'T CARE SO MUCH
>>
File: russdeutscherpow-260x195.jpg (10KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
russdeutscherpow-260x195.jpg
10KB, 260x195px
>>386222601
Whatever you say
>>
>>386212156
>T-34 was superior
In 1941, yes. Not in 1942.
>>
>>386212252
>>386227510
Panzergrenadiers have by far the best quotes.

>"Relax. Take a seat. Take a shit. Whatever."
>"I'm a highly trained Panzergrenadier, not a fucking shit-bagging Pioneer."
>"Fucking shitty shovel is what it is"
>"Driver. A Reichmark extra if you turn this around and head for fucking Germany"
>"ANY LOWER AND I'M GOING TO BE FUCKING THIS GROUND"
>>
>>386210552
"nerfed"
If you mean being turned into even more anti Infantry beasts with AT capabilities with their STICKY Satchel
>>
>>386228547
The ultimate anti-infantry beast was US pathfinders with 2 stolen MG34s

Literally unstoppable because of the long range DPS combined with the sniper insta-killing any unit under 25% health
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.