[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fags, pitch me your fucking awesome video game ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: Hey.png (7KB, 294x312px) Image search: [Google]
Hey.png
7KB, 294x312px
Alright fags, pitch me your fucking awesome video game ideas

Bonus points if it's not "like X but Y"
>>
The Dark Souls of Character Action.
>>
>>386194594
It's like Dark Souls but made by a competent developer.
>>
Persona 5 but it's in a cyberpunk New York and instead of school you work for the government also you spend most of the game in space

Can't wait for Persona 5 2 t b h anons
>>
>>386194594
Talk show simulator
>>
>>386194865
Not exactly the same but the System Shock games have that kind of aesthetic/story
>>
>>386194594
The plot is that you are a young Indian, whose father want's you to secure a career as a Network Admin, but you want to pursue your dream of becoming a Demon Battler in the Demon Battler Leauge.

All the enemies are taken from Vedic/Indo mythology. You win their respect by combating them in a battle arena.

The mechanics are similar to a fighting game with heavy emphasis on dodging projectiles.

Once you have brought down the pantheon, your final fight is with your father himself.

Do you claim your families respect?
>>
>>386195127
>The plot is that you are a young Indian
into the thrash it goes
>>
File: 1499322417361.jpg (57KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
1499322417361.jpg
57KB, 606x592px
>>386195127
>projectile based fighting game
>mythology
Wow that is genuinely interesting. Why is the father the final boss though?
>he's secretely the Demon Battler League champion
>>
File: 1492736241396.jpg (12KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492736241396.jpg
12KB, 480x640px
First of all, no minimap.

>>386194913
Topkek
>>
>>386194594
like yu gi oh tag force, but with more visual novel aspects
>>
>>386194594
German soldier sent back through time in the year 1230
>>
File: samuraijack.png (152KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack.png
152KB, 1360x768px
>>386194594
like Dark Souls but plays as Demon's Souls
>>
File: 1435Hanuman1.jpg (224KB, 731x993px) Image search: [Google]
1435Hanuman1.jpg
224KB, 731x993px
>>386195412
> >he's secretely the Demon Battler League champion

I like that. Maybe his desire for his son to enter into the tech industry was because of his own past experiences as a Demon Battler.

He didn't want to have his favorite child subjected to an endless ladder of CARAAAYZE-inspired hand to hand combat with high intensity Bullet Hell mechanics.

But, after witnessing his child succeed in the tournament, he felt that there was only one final test for him to feel comfortable with letting you fullfill your dream.

Battle him to the death.

[Spoiler] The father made a pact with the Trickster god Hanuman. He would be the greatest champion in the Demon Battle League in exchange for being trapped in it's vicious cycle forever. Only by sacrificing his own life, in exchange for his own son's victory, would he be released from the cycle and his child would become the new Eternal Champion]
>>
>>386194594
A 2d fighting game called CITIZENS. Itll be like a parody of regular fighting game where instead of the fighters being these muscular, tight costumed wearing people with magical powers its just regular people like firemen, teachers, soccer mom, policemen, politicians etc. Imagine a fireman duking it out with a construction worker and each have their own unique moves and finishers
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-22-23-49-14.png (227KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-22-23-49-14.png
227KB, 720x1280px
From an old thread.
>>
>>386197069
isn't it kinda like transistor
>>
A lovingly crafted and near as perfect to life detailed Yellowstone national park forest (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) full of rocks, trees, lakes, rivers, and such.

You are a Sasquatch. You do Sasquatch things. You roam through the woods looking for food, you hunt deer, fish, nuts and berries, or even prey on picnicers for their pick-a-nick baskets. It's a full survival game with a branching path.
>>
File: 1498182489298.gif (94KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498182489298.gif
94KB, 462x500px
I call it Waifu World

Make your own waifus with a character customization menu so insanly detailed Black Desert will call you autistic. The game itself is essentially Neverwinter Nights but with modern graphics and 1st/3rd person controls as well as isometric and free camera mods. When you make a waifu she is placed into her own personal apartment in a highrise building being rained on at night. This apartment is your main menu and the hub area. You can control lighting and weather in the apartment as well as take screenshots, pose and play music that can be imported from outside sources.

People can create campaigns for one or more players and players can take their waifus into them. The game would ship with basic fantasy (western & eastern) assets, basic modern assets, basic sci fi assets, a basic magic, melee and gun system, all made to be moddable from the ground up. At any point the player can go to free camera, put the character into poses, take screenshots and record video. All of which can be shared in game.

Lastly the game would include uncensored sex scenes and full support for an adult modding community. Fucked up sex shit that goes "too far" would bemostly ignored if we can get away with it. If you mod bestiality necro loli futa into the game, that is your business and I ain't got shit against you. We'd just slap a few lazy trigger warnings on adult content and call it a day.

If I could I would want the girls in the game to look like the girls in Honey Select.
>>
>>386198141
I feel it would be better if it were like animal crossing or some other kiddie life sim. You are Sasquatch living in a cutesy forest world with all your animal friends doing cute animal friend things.
>>
>>386199138
>not wanting to murder hikers with boulders and dispose of their bodies in boiling geysers while avoiding rangers
>>
2D retro platform where you're a cyborg with interchangeable parts fighting robots with set patterns

Or
Mega Man X + Deus Ex + Luftrausers
>>
>>386194594
My dream game is a fully fleshed out Recettear. More variety in the customers and economic events, relationships with adventurers that visit your store, the ability to send adventurers on quests in exchange for goods, etc. Recettear just leaves so much to be desired, and there are hardly any other games like it.
>>
>>386194594
Berzerk (This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFSQ0Pl4KDk) as a modern stealth FPS with different robots. It is level based with a definite end but are open ended on how to get to that goal. At the beginning, you can one shot all the robots but they get tougher and all of them can one shot you. Evil Otto is also still in as a way to keep the player moving forward. There would be the iconic voice work with some new lines. Bonuses are awarded for doing certain tasks and never be higher than tier yellow detection.
>>
>>386194594
You play as a crow.
You watch life unfold before you. You can follow whoever you want and watch them grow.
One day you witness a homicide.
Keep following the cops and their investigation.
They start to notice and begin to look for crows since they lead to clues.
You help them solve the mystery.
The game is called Murder
>>
>>386200197
I've made a bit of this too, hasn't gotten far however
>>
File: 1498182283818.gif (191KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498182283818.gif
191KB, 462x500px
>>386199037
My second idea is a bit different

You're a funky cosmic metaphysical entity that can posess people in a small 1950s town. The people in the town are all fully characterized each with their own problems and various solutions to their problems. People in the town have unique schedules (ex. on weekdays Mr Robinson will go to work and Mrs Robinson will get rammed by the milkman while he's out). By doing certain things to certain people at specific times you cam trigger widely different reaction.

The game is a sandbox. You can choose to help the townsfolk, help some towns folk, fuck over the townsfolk or stay outside of a host and just pick off the town's folk like a horror film monster in your surreal as shit true form.

Your true form would be designed in a character creation menu at the start of the game. Options would include being made of tracking lines, being 2d, looking like a biblical angel, having glowing and smokey effects, looking like an LSD inspired artpiece from the 70s or any combination of the above.

Multiplayer would involve players killing each other or completing objectives while hiding in hosts and trying to blend in with npcs. Npcs would have their routines swaped out or altered every week or so, this would be our version of a weekly challenge. This would make the ai as unpredicatable as possible to make it difficult to determine if someone is an npc or a player. If you kill an npc in publuc npcs will panic and authorities will respond.
>>
File: Here lies my hopes and dreams.png (61KB, 869x281px) Image search: [Google]
Here lies my hopes and dreams.png
61KB, 869x281px
>>386194594
Who else /writes vidya ideas in great detail as a hobby but never makes the effort to learn how to actually make vidya/ here?
>>
>>386196871
I'd play it. Get to work anon.
>>
>>386201291
Occasionally I think about ideas (I use already established/copyrighted characters though with, like, one exception) that I may write down vaguely somewhere.
>>
>>386200197
I get it
>>
File: hug me.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hug me.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
the dark soul of dating sims
>>
A Batman game like Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions where you play as 4 different Batmen.

My proposal would be Beyond, Gaslight, Adam West, Animated Series, and 80s comics.

Bonus points for having 5 player co-op. All characters need unique voice lines and interactions with each other. Too bad we don't have West anymore.
>>
A survival game where you play as a hobo traveling the American wilderness. Large scale commutes require train hopping, you need to fight other hobos on occasion in the night when they try to steal your shit, or wild animals.
You can find small towns, rural villages and stuff like Indian reservations to stay, buy goods, or even settle down in if you wanted to.

It's probably not a good idea but I think it'd be a comfy experience.
>>
>>386201291
I've filled entire notebooks, my friend. At least we can dream.
>>
Wizard xcom
No permadeath and isn't very serious
Tons of customization, skill trees, all kinds of different magic
Create half cover/full cover with earth magic, blow up cover with fire magic, reach different parts of the stage with wind magic
More of a no holds bar setting, go up against whatever enemies and wizards have access to different weapons. Examples like forsaking magic stats to have a giant laser cannon or minigun
>>
>>386194594
It's like Skyrim with guns
>>
>>386194594
2d Puzzle platformer where you control a character on the foreground and their shadow in the background
If the Wii U was still alive it'd make use of the gamepad to show the foreground there and the background on the tv
>>
File: 2893798272398472.png (8KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
2893798272398472.png
8KB, 1000x750px
>>386194594
Story is characters live in a world where they are aware of things like exp and levels
people can go out on adventures and risk their lives to raise their levels, or lead successful lives as business people and merchants without putting their lives in danger
main character for unknown reasons gets punished in a court of law, the penalty being he will lose his current level and remain at level 1 for the rest of his days
the game is an arpg and is all about scourging for items and equipment which give you an advantage in battle or gettting ahead in life in general
these items can be learning skills or magic that people in the world would normal farm exp for to gain levels, healing items, buffs and debuffs, and other special effects
the game will spawn different items and equipment in the world map and chests in dungeons, allowing the player to use a variety of tools that are unique to every player's experience
items and equipment will at least be balanced so everything can be useful
you're free to use as much of your tools but you can run out, you never know when you might be screwed because you decided to use everything on one particular battle, so there is a factor where item management is important
you can recieve money from defeating enemies but along with your level 1 penalty, you're only allowed to purchase items and equipment from town shops made for beginning adventurers, you will have to find secret black markets around the world if you want to spend your money on something worthwhile
>>
>>386206521
to elaborate there would be points where you'd need your shadow to separate from you and advance further so it can help you get to your objective, like if you push a box from the shadows it will get pushed in the foreground, and also you'd have to play with perspective in order to make your shadow grow or shrink
>>
>>386206708
You just pitched an ARPG version of Paper Mario Sticker Star
>>
>>386194594
The Dark Souls of Dating Sims
>>
>>386207192
never played
did the gameplay style work in that?
was there anyway if it could've been improved?
>>
>>386207612
It did in turn based JRPG format, there was no level up system, just money for items and "Stickers" which were all your attacks.
And you found stickers and coins in the levels anyways. So it's recommended you just run away from all normal encounters because it would hurt you more if you did them anyways, since your only reward is money and you wasted stickers by doing the encounter. So you'd run away from every battle until a boss fight. And there's a contextual "I win" sticker somewhere in the overworld to beat the boss or else the fight would be impossible.
It was an incredibly flawed gameplay mechanic that ruined the entire game. I'm not sure how to fix it.
>>
So, you are a dragon, and not some faggy 'I can turn into a dragon, but I am content with being a human for 99% of the game' type of dragon. You start off by customizing your dragon, with stuff such as scale color, breath type, body parts, etc... You grow up, you meet the mortal races, you decide how much of an asshole you want to be, and so on. Help raise empires, or send them crashing to the dirt, whatever you fancy. It has a nemesis system like Shadow of Mordor/War as well, with great knight's, powerful mages, mythical beasts, and even other dragons. Basically, an open ended game about being a dragon with tons of content. Also, a fully fledged mod kit.
>>
>>386208275
I think it depends on the actual means of attacking, managing resources and being efficient in general
maybe add things like combo chains where using a specific order of specific attacks (ex: using fire after poisoning the enemy would deal more damage and enhance the poison effect)
by doing this you could also reward the player at the end of battle by allowing them chance at keeping their used resources after a fight should they have been used in the most efficient way
also I think having a "I win" resource kinda defeats the purpose of the gameplay style, don't know why they thought that was a good idea
>>
It's an RPG.

You play as the warriors of Light fighting against the Necromancer king. The first part of the game is you rallying various allies and choosing who you want to shore up your defenses.

Then halfway through the game you die, are raised, and spend the next part of the game murdering those same forces of Light you just instantiated.

Then, once all of life is ended. The Necromancers will and control start to wane, so you spend the climax of the game fighting through his elite Skellington guards, until you finally fight him.

Then you become the top Undead. And the game just ends with nothing else, to simulate the hollow emptiness of your victory.
>>
>>386208862
Does anybody have those select your Dragon charts?
That would be pretty sweet game.
>Classic green firebreather
>Gather As much loot as I possibly can.
>>
>>386194594
like skyrim but with guns
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.