[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Momodora.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Momodora.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
Has anyone played this game?
>>
File: GottaLight.png (62KB, 396x366px) Image search: [Google]
GottaLight.png
62KB, 396x366px
Fuck, I forgot to add: I'm deciding between this and Hollow Knight. So if anyone can tell me which one they prefer, that'll be nice.
>>
>>386194563
Theyre both equally great games with similar gameplay. You won't be missing out too much by choosing only one though.
>>
Both are good but I liked Hollow Knight a bit more, mostly because it's bigger. Took me 25 hours to 100% it compared to Momodora which took me 5. Both have cute characters and plenty of things to collect.
>>
>>386194563
hollow night has more stuff honestly by momdora has its moments.
>>
Momo4 is great.
Recently played the living sgit out of this game. Just need that insane play through for 100% completion of it.
>>
Both are excellent.

Momodora is shorter, but has cooler boss fights.

Hollow Knight is longer and just released an update with more content that also fixes a few minor annoyances... And its on sale.
>>
If it's really a choice between the two then get Hollow Knight. It has a lot more content. Pick up Momodora later when you can.
>>
Play Momodora before the dev eternally taints the franchise with a dogshit 3d game
>>
>>386195709
This, Momodora is worth a playthrough but get hollow knight first.
>>
>>386194563
Momodora feels more unique but hollow knight is just bigger and has more to it, I prefer momodora but that's taking price out of the equation
>>
yes, it's one of my favorite games on steam
>>
>>386194508
My gf really liked it.
>>
after finishing the first three, i opened it and said "what the fuck is this?"
haven't touched it since
>>
Wasn't a huge fan of Momodora. Really short and underwhelming.
>>
>>386194508

Yes, it's a pretty solid metroidvania. Kind of short, though. Wait for a sale to get it.
>>
Yes. You should play it.
>>
>>386194508
I came for the giant boobie monster fight
>>
File: chestlets, when will they learn.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chestlets, when will they learn.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>>386194508
Short but enjoyable. Haven't played Hollow Knight.
>>
>>386194508
It's really good, but much shorter than Hollow Knight. It feels more "arcadey" as well, since it's short and you get rewards for killing bosses without taking damage.

BUT I'd recommend Hollow Knight first, it has a lot of content.>>386194563
>>
>>386194508
momodora is a bad series. dev blatantly stole from cave story for several games, then when that fell out of favor he decided to blatantly steal from dark souls instead, throwing on a thin layer of anime girls as its only real contrbution
>>
>>386194563
>>386194508

art wise I prefer momodora
hollow knight it's way longer so you may wanna get it and make it last
>>
>>386204567
wish my toaster could run hollow knight well. guess it runs like shit because of unity. something that looks like a flash game really shouldn't need 8 gb of ram.
>>
>>386204856
yeah even my gaming laptop has trouble running Hollow Knight, way too many particle effects I'm thinking
>>
Lubella gets my dick hard.
>>
>>386194563
Momo is better. Hollow Knight feels bloated imo.
>>
>>386194563
Both excellent Metroidvanias

however I'd have to go with Hollow Knight, it's a beautiful artstyle, amazing music, interesting lore (similar to Dark Souls where you have to look for it), and you play as a BUG who uses a NAIL as a SWORD. kawaii as fuck
>>
>tfw Momodora 3 still doesn't run on my computer for mysterious reasons
Kill all BRs.
>>
>>386204856
If you can't run the game on 60fps then you will definitely have some slight input lag. You can always test and then refund.
>>
>>386205318
>Have to run rutm in compatibility mode just to get full screen
Game maker is terrible.
>>
>>386205806
I remember when the game creator was doing some interview and the guy asked him
>What did you use to make this game and why?
And he answered something along the lines of
>I just used Game Maker because I'm the most familiar with it. I wish I had learnt some real programming language like C++ but now I don't really have the will for doing it.
Even he knows it's shit.

Got no sauce because this was on some small stream for BR game demos. You'll just have to believe me.
>>
>pardoner whips around and her music starts playing BEFORE the fight starts

i love this shit so much
>>
>>386206178
Yeah, there are better choices for engines, but GM is really easy to use. Still hate all the technical issues with it.
Any word on the 3D game that'll probably be terrible?

>>386206291
All of the bosses were good, apart from the arsonist(?) in my opinion.
Pardoner is my favorite fight of the game.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.