[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Valve likes Dota so much more than Counter-Strike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: dota2-csgo-199696.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dota2-csgo-199696.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
Why Valve likes Dota so much more than Counter-Strike?
>>
cuz it's better
>>
It has more players, and with all this compendium shit it's easy to guess it probably makes more money too.
>>
>>386194548
It only has more players because its free though, their the ones asking people to pay for csgo, you'd think it would have more support than dota
>>
Wasn't csgo outsourced anyway? It's only natural for a company to caress their own product like a baby!
>>
>>386194729
Do you have any fucking idea how much money valve makes off the compendiums? People pour hundreds of dollars in each year.
Current prize pool is 23.6 million, which means Valve pocketed about 47 million from this year's compendium alone
>>
DOTA 2 is literally dying this year though
>>
>>386195093
>47
You mean 70.8 million.

Valve gets 75%.
>>
>>386195221
Yeah, my bad. I meant to multiply that by three
>>
>>386195093
Isn't csgo a cashcow with skins, stickers, etc.?
>>
>>386195093
>>386195221
At this point dota 2 is a russian mafia money laundering scheme
>>
>>386193932
gotards cry like babies every time the meta game changes

they want valve to make big changes to the game like moving the game to Source 2 but at the same time they want to game to remain exactly the same as 1.6

it leaves valve in this catch 22 situation so they just pump out skins and stickers instead
>>
>>386194548
I would not be surprised if stickers made more money than the compendium.
>>386193932
People who like/play CS don't want change or new stuff.

The only thing acceptable to add to CS is maps and ONLY if they are perfect upon release.
>>
>>386193932
If they like dota so much, why did they take 2 years to release something as simple as a trailer?

http://www.dota2.com/play/
This came out today. It's nothing but 7.00 media assets that were MIA.
>>
>Complaining About CS
>The Next Tf2 Update hasn't come out
>Its been so long since the last comic.
Tomorrow Night's The Night...Right?
>>
what
>>
>>386195516
What do you mean with new stuff?
Because we have been waiting for the game to be ported to source 2 since forever, we would love to have more maps, there is a big hype around a new version of dust 2, we have been waiting for them to fix the fucking hit reg and hitboxes they start fixing shit and then stop in the middle of it for some retarded reason, they have a beta section that they barelly use and then add shit like the 800$ AWP-8 of course people wont like new shit
>>
CS:GO is growing, DOTA 2 is dieing
>>
>>386193932
Does it really? As far as I can tell, the Dota 2 dev team has one insanely dedicated and competent designer and a great art team, but everyone else is a worthless fuckup. Valve was supposed to provide a strong infrastructure for Dota 2, but look at this and note all the features that were dropped: http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/
>>
>>386197376
>dieing
>>
File: 1487968669357.png (146KB, 215x395px) Image search: [Google]
1487968669357.png
146KB, 215x395px
>>386193932
H-haha op, you forgot their incredible title TF2. Its totally not d-dead. Haha..
>>
>>386197543
>but look at this and note all the features that were dropped:
I don't see anything other than letting people take your slot in a game
>>
>>386193932
>>386193932
It prints money
>>
>>386197658
As you said, human players can't fill a leaver's spot, but neither can they be controlled by a bot. AI control (setting specific behaviors) is also anemic and was delegated to the community in 7.00, and those "specially crafted challenge scenarios" never happened (until custom games, but again that's delegation to the community). You can't add bookmarks within a replay, nor can you watch a replay with friends. You can't add comments or edit the replays themselves, and they have never been automatically saved to your Steam Cloud. You can't tag or sort them either.

For the ones I'm not sure about, it's the uniquely located servers that are optimized to handle long distance matches, and some of the more detailed spectating options.

All of that stuff is infrastructure stuff, but that's the point: Valve wasn't supposed to bring in design or balance decisions (god no) but infrastructure work.
>>
>>386195470
csgo devs are fucking lazy
it took them months to fix something as simple as a ladder which only required to be moved a few pixels lower, so i think its fair to hate them
>>
>>386197575
Dicing?
>>
CS:GO doesn't have an Icefrog equivalent
>>
>>386197376
Source?
>>
Gaben always says that everyone in Valve is "working on the thing that he/she finds interesting". Console port tinkering might be not the most pleasant task in the world
>>
>>386198150
Not him but here:
http://steamcharts.com/app/570
http://steamcharts.com/app/730
Dota's dying and actually fairly quickly (17% player loss since the start of 2017), while CS:GO seems to be growing but slowly.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.