[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gran Turismo v. Forza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: forza-vs-gran-turismo.jpg (154KB, 2844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
forza-vs-gran-turismo.jpg
154KB, 2844x1600px
Car game vs another car game.

Discuss.
>>
Gran Turismo: on consoles people actually own
Forza: custom waifu livery
>>
>>386189545
I like both, but since I can download waifu decals for my cars on Forza I tend to play that one more.
>>
Forza is more fun
>>
>>386189545
I've never played Forza, but I lost all interest in GT after playing GT4.
>>
>>386189545
No games vs 100GB install size
>>
Forza does tire pressure modelling. Gran Turismo 5 didn't. I don't know if 6 did it since I never played it. Gran Turismo has a lot more cars, but also does the shitty, black silhouette interiors for standard cars, which kind of sucks when you play in cockpit view. Forza is miles ahead on visual customizations.

I like both series.
>>
>>386189989
they have to shill every cars that even remotely sporty
>>
>>386189881
Was just about to post - last good GT was GT4. Really miss GT, and wish there was a good GT game for this gen.

Forza was good with 2, great at 4, shit at 5, and ok with 6.
>>
>>386189545
Forza is for plebs who don't really like cars, the physics are immensely inferior to GT's
>>
>>386190306
no drift no deal
>>
>>386190306

Wrong. As anon above said, GT doesn't even model tire pressure.

And both are inferior to Asseto Corsa as far as physics go.
>>
File: 1501588498336.jpg (235KB, 627x562px) Image search: [Google]
1501588498336.jpg
235KB, 627x562px
None of them have a driveable Twingo, thus are shit.
>>
>>386190135
GT:Sport is out in October. From what I played in the beta it's a hell of a lot better than 5 and 6.
Sound design is miles ahead of GT has ever been before.
The one thing I hated the most about 6 was the removal of endurance races. I know I'm one of the 1% of players who actually does them let alone enjoys them. Hopefully Sport will do Le Mans, Spa 24hr, or Burgering 24hr.
>>
>>386190135
This is exactly how I feel. I used to love GT when it was pushing things forward, but after 4 the whole series has felt kind of irrelevant. Forza isn't perfect either, but at its best (4 or 6) it is miles above anything that GT has been during the last decade.
>>
GT hasn't had a game since 2013 so it's not fair to compare right now. Not that it ever as.
Forza absolutely smashes GT.
We'll see when Sport and Motorsport 7 come out.
>>
>>386191051

>not that it ever was

Scuse me, but Gran Turismo 4 and the first Forza are very comparable, and while I enjoy both, I'd say GT4 actually won that battle.

Forza 2/3 really upped the ante though and GT5 was ass.
>>
>>386191282
Never played the first Forza 2bh
>>
>>386190658
merci twingo!
>>
>>386189545
Forza horizon 3 is the best open world racing game out there. gran turismo team hasn't put out a decent game in years wait and see I guess.
>>
GT2 > GT3 > Forza 6 > GT4 > Forza 4 > Forza 3 > GT1 > GT6 > Forza 2 > Forza 5 > Forza 1 > GT5
>>
The last good Gran Turismo game was 4. Forza is the better game right now. I also think GT Sport is going to be garbage.
>>
>>386189545
If we're including the horizon games then Forza by far.
>>
File: Twepe.jpg (17KB, 279x261px) Image search: [Google]
Twepe.jpg
17KB, 279x261px
>>386190658
Forza has a couple Clios though, always a laugh actually placing well in one of those, it's an embarrassment to everyone behind you.
>>
>>386193613
GT2 > GT3 > Horizon 3 > Forza 6 > Horizon 1 > GT4 > Forza 4 > Forza 3 > GT1 > GT6 > Forza 2 >Horizon 2 > Forza 5 > Forza 1 > GT5
>>
>>386189545
gt used to be the flagship tittle, but shit didnt change since gt2, im not really sure what pony is thinking right now
i played the 360 forzas and they are superb games
theres no really much to say about them
>>
File: renault-clio-guide-31.jpg (131KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
renault-clio-guide-31.jpg
131KB, 590x393px
>>386193747
You do know that the Clio V6 exists and is a fucking beast on the streets?
>>
File: porsche-on-top-of-porsche.jpg (104KB, 644x362px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-on-top-of-porsche.jpg
104KB, 644x362px
>>386189545
GT:
>best career mode in any racing game ever
>great selection of tracks and cars
>went to shit after 4
>is on PlayStation
Forza:
>had the guy from Top Gear do voice overs
>went a bit shit with 5 but was good again with 6
>great engine sounds
>pretty unimaginative career mode
>is on Xbox

Verdict:
A GT made with the Forza engine would be the ultimate simcade.
>>
>>386194249
>>best career mode in any racing game ever
sorry sweety but thats grid
people complain about noways kusoges and mobile games but we were ltierally grinding like phonetrash players when we played gt
>>
>>386193921
Real life is a different story than videogames, that car is a C class minimum in Forza and taking advantage of all the upgrades puts it up into B class which is where you start seeing shit like the Honda NSX, some modern Ferraris, and Corvettes.
>>
GT was amazing when it was like a car collecting RPG with ranking up you licenses and earning your way from the bottom tier station wagon races up to the super cars. Once they started going away from that the series started going downhill. Sport looks like it'll be the nadir.
>>
>>386194249
>can love bloom on a racetrack.jpg
>>
Is the traditional career mode back in GT:Sport? Game can fuck itself if it isn't.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.