[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nobody talks about Starcraft anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2301.jpg (92KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2301.jpg
92KB, 256x363px
How come nobody talks about Starcraft anymore?
>>
>>386183723
Few people play it because it's hard to get into therefore there is not a lot of people talking about it.
>>
>>386183723
dead game, blizzard did what blizzard does
>>
>>386183723
Because Blizzard fucked up in just about every way imaginable with SC2.
>>
>>386183723
It's a very underrated game.
>>
SC2 is just so much less interesting than BW. Hopefully StarCraft: Remastered sparks interest in the series again. Day9 is bringing back the Day9 Daily for it so that will help the game a bit.
>>
>>386183723
I really like the parasite arcade game
>>
File: 1351071685305.gif (448KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
1351071685305.gif
448KB, 256x144px
>>386183723
I was rank 1 masters starting from bronze back in WOL and i loved it, I would watch streams and stay up with /v/ to watch tastless and artosis before the /vg/ split. Man i even had my own hand crafted Mec vs protoss build that i worked on from rock bottom, had 70% winrate even in tournys vs GM players. But then hots came out and david kim gave some interview about how he want to homogenize the races.

I played terran and I remember he started the interview saying something that was so on the dot it rose my hopes for HOTS through the roof "right now terran units are the most micro intensive, every single terran unit needs to be microd to be cost effective and the better you are at micro the more your unit increases in worth but if you dont micro your units are not even worth a fraction of what it takes to destroy them". But then right after he started talking about giving terran a "A-move option" to counter this trend and smashed all my hopes for the expansion. He somehow saw this and thought this was an issue with the race instead of a guiding princaple for all the races. And then they started showing clips of the new zerg siege tank units and all the other trash that was coming into the game like warhounds and widow mines.

I quit for dota2 then and there. Still look back on those days and wish i could go back, bet they fucked it all up.

And this is all ontop of how insanely bad the single player was, god how do you just bring back tasadar like that fuck blizzard
>>
>>386185906

they scrapped warhounds
Widow Mines were nerfed
Tassadar was just a fake illusion
Kerrigan and Raynor disappear forever after LOTV

The NOVA COVERT OPS missions redeemed the story a bit but ended up going nowhere except making Nova no longer a Dominion ghost
>>
File: 223.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>386183723
It sucks.

Blizzard tried to create the game purely with eSports in mind and ended up fucking up a large sum of its casual fanbase who gave up the series after the embarrassing Michael Bay clusterfuck that is the solo campaign.

They decided to change the way custom games work with Arcade by making it so that you select a map and pray that other people also want to play that map at the same time. They rectified this issue too long after people stopped giving a shit about trying to play anything but shitty DOTA clones that filled the Arcade front page.
>>
>>386185332
>StarCraft: Remastered

Yea lets see how they butcher it
>>
Nerds talking shit to me while I'm just trying to learn the early-mid game and raise my average apm. Wouldn't be surprised if normies couldn't get into it at all.
>>
>>386186454
Apparently they already removed all the shadows from the original unit portraits so they all look like that sterile SC2 bullshit
>>
This game was awful but you know what the worst part is?

Ill buy and pay for wc4 no matter what they slap on it. Win10 only, always online, probe in my ass doesn't matter
>>
>>386186967
Congratulations! You're part of the problem.
>>
I still play it. Mostly the coop missions.

But the matchmaking is filled with boring players that just try to all in rush every single game.
>>
>>386183723
People only played custom games and watched the esport community

Blizzard killed off the custom map makers early on with Battlenet 2.0's bullshit at launch, and a lot of pro players just went back to Broodwar
>>
>>386187042
Its blizzard or nothing, rts fags have no options.
>>
File: Nlxm5.jpg (443KB, 2426x1670px) Image search: [Google]
Nlxm5.jpg
443KB, 2426x1670px
Former Masters WoL player here. Honestly, HotS just ruined it for me, no idea what they were thinking.

>pic related is my team beating ST _Parting on the Korean server in 3s
>>
>>386187369

this

i remember everyone hyped and full of hopes for HOTS

they managed to make the game 1000 times worse.

i picked up lotv recently

>somehow they managed to destroy the game even further beyond

i admit i'm actually impressed i would never be able to fuck up the game so much even on purpose
>>
>used to play custom games for hours on WC3
>got really excited for SC2
>engine meant even better custom games
>completely ass raped the custom game scene
>now WC3 and SC2 are both dead af
>>
>be a somewhat terrible zerg
>can't keep up with the zerg injections
>dislike how reactionary the race is, while being fairly bad at scouting compared to terrans for example
>constantly have to face shitty wall-offs
I still like Zerg the most though. I thought about switching to Protoss which requires a lower apm (until you attack), but the shapeless robots are a bit boring.

I'm also still too attached to my fast units, quick unit mass unit creation and sudden composition switches.
>>
File: 1500504171807.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500504171807.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>386186782

Oh no, not the portraits! The game is dead on arrival, how will Blizzard ever recover?!
>>
File: 1475313001929.png (952KB, 1383x878px) Image search: [Google]
1475313001929.png
952KB, 1383x878px
>>386183723
They fucked up the arcade scene.
Fans were complaining about the editor and battlenet 2.0 since WoL and they did little to fix it.
I played more desert strike then ladder.
>>
>>386187369
>>386187838
How were you surprised / hyped? David kim is a fucking retard.
>>
File: 20170624_122717.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_122717.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>386183723
Expansions ruin multiplayer. Hard games are hard. The game isn't new anymore. There are still people playing it. The end.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.