[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you miss physical releases?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: $_57.jpg (278KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
278KB, 1600x800px
Don't you miss physical releases?
>>
not since i just pirated everything anyway
>>
>>386178473
They still exist, you dumb pcbro
>>
I miss physical manuals.
I'm happy most PC games don't require tons of space anymore.
>>
>>386178473
No. I have a stack of 18 Wii U games and it's a mess to look at. I went 90% digital with PS4 and I'm completely satisfied, much simpler, cleaner, and convenient. Plus the Flash Sales constantly encourage it.
>>
>>386178618
Have you bought a pc physical release lately? Half of them are just a steam code in a box with a single dvd that can install steam and around 4gb of the 30gb download.
>>
>>386178829
No but I have bought physical copies of console Games. They still exist, unlike PC (((Games)))
>>
>>386178473
Battle for Middle Earth 2 came on 6 CDs, so no.
>>
>>386178473

I don't play on PC.
>>
>>386178704
So what happens when Sony shut off PSN for legacy systems or ban your account? That means no games.
>>
Yeah and no, I miss physical instruction manuals, for starters. A lot of them had a lot of charisma and supplementary information in the form of making the guide a 'training manual" or whatever.

Also, buying a lot of physical games makes a "library" a very spatially taxing endeavor. Nowadays even if I prefer physical fo certain reasons, a consolidating case like a 3DS card case 18 is vastly preferable for me.
>>
>>386179409
What happens when a hurricane or a nigger comes and takes all of your games?
>>
>>386179409
I rarely play online PSN, and they would most likely have a solution to the servers shutting down. Probably redownloading your PS4 library on PS5, and so on, would be cool.
>>
The only physical copy of a PC game I still have is the Rollercoaster Tycoon pack with gold lettering.
I do miss them but I get why they're not made as frequently anymore.
>>
File: SMAS_Guide_88.jpg (980KB, 2558x3208px) Image search: [Google]
SMAS_Guide_88.jpg
980KB, 2558x3208px
The only thing I miss are manuals, but I don't care that much.
>>
>>386178473
I've always hated the generic PC-CD ROM SOFTWARE logo.
>>
>>386180575
let's see:

What did Sony do about their digital comic book store on PSP?
http://comicsalliance.com/sony-closes-psp-digital-comic-store/
>closed and fuck you, no redownloads for you you little bitch

Or what about Playstation Mobile?
http://www.psnstores.com/2015/03/sony-ends-playstation-mobile/
>closed and fuck you, no re-downloads for you you little bitch

I sense a pattern here.
>>
>>386180816
They really should update it
>>
>>386180664
>Shyguys are zombies
>>
>>386180508
>my games are still there
>nigger is dead, someone shot the nigger with a shotgun
>happy
>>
>>386181010
Okay but to be fair, were those two really huge with people or just a small niche audience? They'd come up something to solve the eventual looming server apocalypse, and if not then I'd just take the risk I suppose.
>>
>>386180664
>SHYGUY PINK
>RED SNIFIT
Wait a minute.
>>
>>386181147
Good luck shooting a hurricane.
>>
Yeah, and I bought The Witcher 3 physical for PC on release because it was DRM free, but now I'm fucking pissed because if I downloaded all of the updates from 1.01-1.31 they'd actually be fucking bigger than if I downloaded the GOTY install files, so I need to buy a cheap 64gb USB drive and throw the digital backup on there to actually preserve the game in a playable state for posterity. Same with my fucking Skyrim disk but even worse; day one was fine even though it install to steam, but if I use it now it takes a half hour to install the game but then it downloads the whole thing from steam again from scratch afterwards. It's completely fucking useless
>>
>>386181298
You can simply see those as "let's try and see if there is major backlash". There wasn't, so they will continue down that path.

On PSP the ONLY way to currently re-download "your" games is either via PS3 or PC.

Yes, Sony has the audacity to lock PSP users literally out. Can't re-download with PS4.

So everyone who was stupid enough to get their piece of trash PSP is either a nigger or has to either buy a PC or a PS3.
>>
>>386181416
I don't live in burger-land.
No hurricanes here. There are niggers though.
>>
>>386181891
>cheap 64gb USB drive
>preserve
choose one
>>
File: 1500741809033.jpg (410KB, 822x646px) Image search: [Google]
1500741809033.jpg
410KB, 822x646px
Physical games are why the majority of my purchases are still console purchases and not PC.
>>
>>386182225
I don't mean dirt cheap, but like $15 instead of a decent $30. Also, home burned DVDs and Blu rays don't last that long either
>>
>>386180575
>Sony being a kike is not a problem
>will just buy a PS5 to redownload "my" games
>possibly be forced a monthy fee just for that
>assuming there is even backward compatibility at all (there won't)
>possibly have to re-download using PS5 and then transfer to PS4
>not a problem, but instead totally cool

Doesn't understand that corporations will fuck everyone over when they can.
Also obviously didn't read the ToS.
When you need to be silly and "buy" digital games, go at the very least GOG. DRM-free.
>>
>>386182407
See that is the problem.
There is literally no way to preserve that data for both ages + cheap.

Possibly the best solution (but not cheap) is RAID-1 or RAID-5, but you will need to check harddrives.

Or well, maybe distribute it via bittorrent. That way it will live on.

Burned BDs won't work
Burned DVDs won't work
Burned CDs won't work
Especially USB sticks won't work

If only there was an official DRM-free GOTY physical release with everything on disc.
>>
>>386183058
Fuck you I don't wanna have to buy it again
>>
File: potato.jpg (54KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
54KB, 640x479px
I still have a few though.
>>
>>386178473
Yeah but Microshit ruined them by making almost everyone of them GFWL required garbage.
>>
>>386182057
Earthquake, tsunami, mudslide, fire, take your pick of disaster.
>>
>>386178473
>All those fucking shitty, terrible, not worth the shits I take boring ass shovelware garbage
If you were gonna make a post about physical releases, at least pick better shit to show off, jesus.
>>
>>386183613
You see, you can get insurance against for example fire.
So if anything like that happens, I will laugh my way to the bank.

There is no insurance for getting fucked over by Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft.

With my physical game collection companies also can't fuck me over like Rockstar with their update, that removed all sorts of songs from the PS2 GTAs.
>>
>>386183147
>physical release without DRM and online codes
can be sold
unlike digital download crap
>>
>>386178473
To be perfectly honest? No, not really.

Sure, no more boxes, no more instruction manuals.

But also, no more
>Can't play game because it's lost
>Scratched discs
>Let that one friend borrow a game, only to never get it back
>Having to swap discs mid-game
>Having to basically re-install the game every time you played it
>Can't find a game in stock anywhere, so can't buy it

I would honestly much rather just click a couple buttons, wait a few minutes, and then press play, then ever have to buy a physical PC game again.
>>
>>386182379
>Women get to do this between them
>But when I do it I'm a "pervert" and a "sexual predator"
>>
>>386180664
>shyguy pink
>blue
>>
>>386183313
>all those meme games
>A FUCKING FROG

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
File: IMG_20170711_192620.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_192620.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
R8

I'm missing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and Ocarina of Time 3D, lent them to a friend.
>>
File: 1493015810379.png (61KB, 563x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1493015810379.png
61KB, 563x1042px
>>386185672
That's a hershey kiss frog from my roommate thank you very much
>>
I miss when physical releases were the standard. Don't get me wrong, I love what digital did for the industry, especially small independent developers, but man I miss the days when I didn't have to worry about whether or not a game I want is getting a physical release.
>>
>>386185448
3 of those would be your own damn fault
1 of them hasn't been in an issue for about 10 years
1 of them can be 100% avoided
Your only valid complaint is your last one, honestly
>>
>>386183946
Half the time they literally can not replace what you've lost. They cut you a check and that is that and its not based on market value but the value that you bought it at. This isn't even counting shit that you literally can't get anymore, like the signed copy of the BG2 manual that I had or the signed copy of Mein Kampf.
>>
>>386185672
>metroid prime
>mario maker
>star wars battle front

>meme games

NIGGER I'LL FIGHT YOU
>>
>>386183613
>earthquakes
No
>tsunami
no
>mudslide
no
>fire
maybe, but I would probably die with ti
Will you add alien invasion to your list?
Kill yourself
>>
>>386178473
Yeah I do miss them, but I think the last physical release I bought for PC was BF3 on launch day and ever since every PC game has been bought digitally. Here was BF3 on launch day. I also have since been buying console games digitally too due to convenience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzcoBlIZ28
>>
>>386183613
You can lose your house to all of those things, should we switch to digital houses then?
Kill yourself
>>
>>386178473
Yes
>>
>>386186246
>signed copy of mein kampf
Wtf how?
>>
>>386186351
>take your pick of disaster

>>386186613
No, don't take stock in physical possessions at all. Don't cherish them. Cherish the experiences brought about from them.
>>
>>386185843
youre safe for now
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.