[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spec ops the line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252KB, 300x367px
Slowpoke here. What the fuck did I just play?
I was not prepared for this.
>>
Love this game. Yes, the white phosphorous scene could have been done matter if they actually wanted to criticize decision-making in vydia but it feels great when you play it as a story of a dude going NUCLEAR.
Great attention to detail too, Dubai looks amazing. Also, Heart of Darkness.
>>
>>386172156
Social commentary of the state of the games industry.
>>
>>386172732
done better*
>>
It's actually a good Vidya story. It would not have been better if it was a movie; you controlling the characters actions and the psychedelic environmental details only work in gameplay. Same with stuff like the reload animations and battle banter ramping up with intensity by the end. It's definitely one of the best Vidya stories out there, and the combat isn't even bad; just mediocre
>>
>>386172156
>What the fuck did I just play?
An attempt at making commentary on video games and people who play them.
>>
A third person shooter.
>>
Can someone explain one thing about the story? Obviously, spoilers.

Konrad was dead all along, but the 33rd still committed all the atrocities that you saw in the game, whoever was leading them. So what difference does it make? They did kill a whole lot of civilians, tortured people and burnt them to dead, so it was the correct decision to attempt to take them down. Sure, mistakes were made, but even with that twist in the end, Walker was not in the wrong there.
>>
still aint pirated this game
>>
>>386173661
33rd and the Radioman were actually trying to keep order in Dubai, it was the CIA that was fucking shit up and trying to incite revolts.
>>
>>386173661
The 33rd were fighting against insurgents being trained and equipped by the CIA who were attempting to cover up the situation by ensuring no survivors.
>>
>>386172156
>what the fuck did I just play?
the most overrated game in recent years; even more so than undertale.
a clumsy attempt to make gamers think about the consequences of their actions.
a fairly bland unreal engine cover shooter
a mish-mash of overused movie tropes
a week homage to heart of darkness/apocalypse now (apparently)
>>
File: 1404337021080.png (7KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1404337021080.png
7KB, 429x410px
>>386172156
>Was not prepared for a boring generic TPS with a plot that rips off Heart of Darkness
Neither was i
>>
File: hair.png (771KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
771KB, 960x540px
> 10/10 OST
> 10/10 graphics
> 10/10 writing, pacing and story
> 10/10 voiceacting
> tight and satisfying although simple gunplay
> doesn't overstay its welcome
> A huge amount of little details adding to the experience
> Absolutely meticulous world design
> "muh hero complex makes it 0/10"

/v/ doesn't deserve great games.
>>
>>386172732
>Also, Heart of Darkness.

What?
>>
>>386175453
It's a book.
>>
>>386175453
The Line is an adaptation of the book Heart of Darkness and the movie Apocalypse Now, it borrows themes and stuff from it. You can find a lot of references and parallels to the original book, some of them you only notice once you actually read it.
>>
>>386174534
>overrated
Yeah, that's why it go so many 6s and 7s on release and why people argue all the time about whether it's a good game or not.

The word you're looking for is "polarizing".
>>
>>386175524
>>386175605

Oh I thought it was the game with the grisly death scenes.
>>
BC on XB1 when?
>>
>>386175698
Read it and your question will be answered
>>
>>386172824
It's a shame that that part of the game is no longer relevant in modern times since the modern military shooter bubble has burst and open worlds are the new trend. It still works from the angle of combat in games being dehumanising though.
>>
>>386175605
The Line and HoD actually have very little in common aside from the protagonist's objective being to get from point A to point B to confront the antagonist. Their themes and the way in which the plot is executed are totally different.
>>
>>386177927
For that, it leans more to Apocalypse Now. Although there are many references to HoD in it (took me like 2 playthroughs to realize that the sandniggers also worshipped Konrad like Kurtz)
>>
>>386176293
Get a computer you fucking retard
>>
>>386178252
Their love of Konrad wasn't anywhere near as ritualistic as the love for Kurtz was. It was mostly the 33rd that did insane things for Konrad's sake.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.