[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Console Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: consolewars.jpg (35KB, 700x572px) Image search: [Google]
consolewars.jpg
35KB, 700x572px
For the longest time, console wars only consisted of game consoles being pitted against each other.

Neither PC nor a Smart Phone count in these console wars because they're made for an entirely different purpose. Hence why neither of them are pictured in this photo.

The reason why smart phones are never included in the console war debates is the same reason why PC's aren't included, it's because they're not game consoles.

So a question I got for PCbros, why do you feel the need to include yourselves in the console war debates when a PC isn't a console? Do you feel left out? You want to feel included? What's up your asses?
>>
File: AOmgMev.jpg (120KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
AOmgMev.jpg
120KB, 803x688px
/watch?v=dBUsJwu5YCA
>>
>>386171591
Seeing someone arguing about which video game platform is the best is the number one way to tell someone is underage.
>>
>>386171591
That's a pretty cool story, anon, but there was another anon on a few nights ago talking about the benefits of masturbating using only your hips, instead of using your hands.

He implied using this approach was more satisfying, and you could get yourself off almost anywhere at anytime with minimal effort.

It reminded me a lot of the meme about guys brushing up against the water jets in hot tubs to stimulate their dicks. I don't know anyone with a hot tub though, so I can't go and try it. What are your thoughts about this, kino kino?
They
>>
>>386171591
When you game exclusively on one platform and then claim that you are better than other platforms based on subjective and objective reasoning, then you are complicit with everything that the manufacturer is doing, thus, you are RESPONSIBLE for every negative outcome of said manufacturer. Console crusader for Xbox? Sorry, DRM was YOUR fault. Looking to put blood on PlayStation hands? YOU standardized paid online for all consoles. Think Nintendo is still somehow winning? YOU created the Wii U.
>>
>>386172741
reddit spacing?
>>
>>386173064
I see what you're saying, but just because I bought [company x console x] and enjoy it enough to argue for its quality doesn't mean I had any effect on the decisions [company x] made in designing [console y]. It's like claiming that if you voted for a presidential candidate, you are responsible for their decisions during their presidency.
>>
>>386171591
>>386172741
never change /v/
>>
>>386171591
Switch is Krillin
PC is Beerus
>>
>>386173941
Yeah, but politics is the adult's version of Team Sport. This election was supposed to kill the console war, yet here I am talking to some remnants.
>>
>>386172412
>Underage
I see 30-something-year-olds do it all the time on YouTube, still arguing about whether or not SNES or Sega Genesis is better.

>>386172741
Someone wanting to stimulate their dicks using a hot tub is pretty stupid. They would be much better off buying a realistic expensive sex doll.

>>386173064
I don't game exclusively on any console, I have consoles from Sega, Nintendo, Xbox & Playstation. Although I haven't bought an Xbox One, Wii, Wii U or Switch yet(probably won't either).

As for "DRM", I don't really see the cons in it. I remember when I had digital games on my PS3, I could only have it on two PS3's at a time. Well when my brother's PS3 went to shit(he didn't take care of it very well), I had to deactivate all the PS3 consoles connected to my account & reactivate it on my main PS3 console(which I take very good care of, had it since 2007). Which fixed the problem & I was able to play my digital games again. DRM prevents games from being pirated, which is a good thing in my book.

>Standardized paid online
You mean Xbox Live Gold and PS Plus? I don't pay for either service, but even if I did, so what? I get discounts on games I buy & get free games every month when I do subscribe. Which I did with my Xbox 360, they keep offering me the $1 subscription deal.
>>
When the Famicom was designed, there weren't rigid standards like the 3D accelerator or the sound card. They could do new things, because computers were still a young invention and the calculator wars weren't a distant memory. That was decades ago. Things are different. The PS4 and XBO are both off-the-shelf APUs, and the switch is at best an off-the-shelf SOC (and at worst a rebrand of an existing tablet)
By definition, none of these things can be architecturally superior to modern PC hardware like the Famicom or the Master System could be the home computers of the time. And given the poor performance of games like Knack, Bloodborne, and Zelda, even their stated goal of getting more than their paper spec isn't providing satisfactory results. Their existence is a relic. If they want to continue existing in a way that isn't a detriment to the consumer then they need to realize that their existence is to be the cheap, convenient, mainstream alternative to enthusiast hardware, and that their core audience of funko-pop buying 16-to-28 year olds who watch the avengers and game of thrones have no crossover with the kind of person who would spend several times the cost of a console on components by choice. Microsoft seems to have made this realization.

The point: consoles, can provide value for the consumer; exclusives, cannot.
>>
File: ae2.png (70KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
ae2.png
70KB, 600x353px
>>
>>386174485
Then which system is Whis?
>>
>>386173941
Exactly. We're not responsible for the actions of a company or president we support.

>>386174485
I don't know who Beerus is since I haven't watched the Dragon Ball cartoons since the time Dragon Ball GT came out. But if PC were anybody, it's Hercule.

>>386174569
Elections can't kill console wars. I expect the console wars to live on forever.
>>
>>386171591
Android is better
>>
>>386175220
Whis is Gaben. He keeps PC in check.
>>
>>386174943
If we're going to include PC into the mix, you may as well add Smart Phones because it too can play video games. The thing is though that the majority of people don't see PC's or Smart Phones as "game consoles" because both serve an entirely different purpose. Want to edit a movie or a photo? Only a PC gives you the ability to do that. Want to make calls or text? Only smart phones gives you the ability to do that. Consoles don't replace PC's nor phones. They're aimed at an audience that enjoys gaming exclusively on their HDTV's. Not some ridiculous 3 screen computer monitor or a touch screen smart phone.
>>
>>386175668
>Gaben
He's a fat fuck. He's more like Majin Buu.
>>
>>386171591
Because PC's generally have the same multiplats and audiences as Sony/M$, and by technicality a personal computer uses a "console". How dense of an autist are you?
>>
>>386171591
>>386174485
>>386175358
PC: Beerus
PS4: Goku
Xbone: Vegeta
PS4 Pro: Gohan
Xbone One S: Trunks
Switch: Krillin
3DS: Piccolo
Wii U: Tien
Vita: Chiaotzu
Ouya: Yamcha
>>
ps4 = good
xbox= good
pc = good
switch = good
>>
File: 1491954228072.gif (717KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491954228072.gif
717KB, 200x200px
>>386176741
wtf
>>
>>386176649
Wait wait wait a second

>XBone
>Vegeta

>XBone One S
>Trunks

Gohan HAS outdone Goku with SSJ2.

But there has never been a single time when Trunks has out done Vegeta.
>>
Where the fuck are the wojaks?
>>
>>386175990

I think the reason smart phones aren't included is because of the "lack" of games. Sure, you can see hundreds of games on smart phones, but they aren't "game" games, ya know? They're time sinks at best that are mostly good for picking up for 5 minutes and setting down.

On the topic at hand, the reason I feel PCs are included in console debates is the fact that PCs threaten the potential sale of a console. Not to the average consumer, but to the people who talk about games for fun. The average consumer knows Windows 10 exists and that PCs do e-mail, but the people who talk about games are familiar with experiences you can't get anywhere else easily. I'm talking RTS, MMO and other genres that don't translate well to a controller. Plus, there are a vast number of games that have come out over time for the PC, so to ignore that and "count PCs out of the race" would ignore the unique and numerous IPs that PC has to offer over consoles.

A PC can do more than a console, but if we don't see it as a gaming machine in addition to a video editor and a multimedia device, we're ignoring a facet of gaming that has existed for decades.
>>
>>386175668
Gaben is Champa
>>
>>386176649
But then who is XboneX?
>>
>>386171591
Console wars is and always has been cancerous shitposting since day 1, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>386176649
Mobile: Zeno-sama
>>
>>386179631
Gotenks
>>
>>386179030
>Lack of games
I have several games on my smart phones that the consoles and PC doesn't have such as The Dark Knight Rises, Man Of Steel & Dexter. Games I think would have translated well on game consoles. Unfortunately these games never made it to any game console.

Point being that if PC must be included, then so should Smart Phones, because whether you like it or not, Smart Phones have games that actually rival both consoles & PC's. Can you play Pokemon Go on a PC or console? Of course not. This is an experience you can only get in real life, although it is a bit dangerous for people stupid enough to try to get Pokemon in places that might get them killed if they're not careful.

Anyways the reason why I don't include PC's or Smart Phones is very simple, they're not game consoles. Therefore they're not apart of a "CONSOLE war". Sure both devices have games, but neither are defined as "game consoles".

>>386179868
Console Wars are fun for debating. Don't like it? Ignore it. Hell I ignore any comic book brand war thread, because I enjoy comics from any company. Although as of late Marvel went full retard with their SJW agenda.
>>
File: 1495657039638.jpg (52KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495657039638.jpg
52KB, 720x720px
>>386181592
>"Just ignore it!"
>"But it's fun!"
>goes into actual on topic video game threads and starts console war shitposting
>"Just ignore it!"

Also
>"debating"
It's literally just shitposting no one is actually debating anything.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.