[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness and in all honesty... What is your beef with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Dota2.jpg (24KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
Dota2.jpg
24KB, 500x458px
In all seriousness and in all honesty... What is your beef with this game, /v/? /v/ is 50/50 on loving and hating it and being also all neutral about Dota 2
>>
A billion little stats that all compound and snowball in long-ass games is not my cup of tea.
PS why is click-to-move still a thing?
>>
A lot of it is just memelords parroting the "lol mobas hurrr" maymay spawned by how much of a dumpster fire LoL is.

>>386170194
>PS why is click-to-move still a thing?
360 degrees of movement, target selection
>>
>>386169651
Because fuck Valve. The game is/was great, but Valve has been a burden on Icefrog whose only positive contribution was the great art design and characterization of the heroes.

Let's play a game: http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/
Find all the features Icefrog mentioned specifically in that blogpost that ended up never happening.
>>
It's a good game with cancerous community.
>>
>>386172756
The only one I see is letting other players fill your space if you have to leave
>>
>>386169651
it's only playable with friends, which no one on /v/ has
>>
Dota 2 is a fun game. I only have beef with Valve because they stopped releasing games.
>>
because dota is only good if you play it with friends and /v/ doesn't have any friends.
>>
A lot of people here seem to play single player games only, which I will never understand.
>>
>>386169651
I liked it when it was just casual with no esports shit. Now you just play for the sake of epeen points not to have fun. I guess I'll never understand competitive tryharding in games
I had high hopes that custom games would blow up and provide alternative to main game but it was a flop unfortunately
>>
>>386173106
I counted 9 that straight up never happened, and 2 that I'm not sure about.

As you said, human players can't fill a leaver's spot, but neither can they be controlled by a bot. AI control (setting specific behaviors) is also anemic and was delegated to the community in 7.00, and those "specially crafted challenge scenarios" never happened (until custom games, but again that's delegation to the community). You can't add bookmarks within a replay, nor can you watch a replay with friends. You can't add comments or edit the replays themselves, and they have never been automatically saved to your Steam Cloud. You can't tag or sort them either.

For the ones I'm not sure about, it's the uniquely located servers that are optimized to handle long distance matches, and some of the more detailed spectating options.

All of that stuff is infrastructure stuff, but that's the point: Valve wasn't supposed to bring in design or balance decisions (god no) but infrastructure work.
>>
>>386171447
>360 degrees of movement

You could have that without commanding the unit to move to a location.

For example, rotate the character's rotation with the cursor (without pressing), and press a key ("w") to move forward.
>>
If matches were 15 minutes instead of 30 to fucking 60 minutes it'd be a great game. But playing an hour long stressful match just to lose is just fucked up.
>>
>>386169651
Because /v/ covertly prefers LoL, Dota 2 is a soulless cash-grab that Valve would have never bothered with if LoL never became successful
>>
>>386175563
That sounds like a bad idea that would only work with the camera centered on the character at all times.
>>
>>386175563
And now you're tying the mouse to your character's movement, in a game in which you can easily end up controlling more than one character and in which you want to look all over the map and not just where your character is currently located.

Direct control of your character is not inherently better than an order system in a game with a bird's eyeview camera system, nor it is even desirable.
>>
There's not enough action in the game. It's just some realtime pixel hunt game a la late 80s
>>
I'm convinced that the people who hate it are also the people who don't understand it and go 0-15 when they try it once. They lack discipline.
>>
>>386178081
I think a large portion of the people who hate it have experience with LoL instead and think LoL's flaws apply to Dota.
>>
>>386169651

matches last too long which is why I quit playing. Every match is 45-60+ minutes. No one wants to end the night on a loss so you end up queuing for another.

It takes 20 minutes before there is any real action

It is really difficult to come back once you're losing unless the enemy really fucks up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.