[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent Hill thread !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14

File: whole SH cast.jpg (196KB, 718x1111px) Image search: [Google]
whole SH cast.jpg
196KB, 718x1111px
How about some good ol' -style SH thread?

>HD Collection hatin'
>PC Guide postan'
>first-timer tutorin'
>story tellin'
>SHS never ever-in' ;_;

Had a meetup with my old friend last weekend, a fellow SH fan of old too. She'd not touched the series since SH4, but was interested in SH:SM, which I let her play through on my Wii. Had been a while since I'd touched the game as well, so it was once again a fascinating ride.

Inspired by that, I started an XX'th playthrough of SH2 couple days ago, this time on real deal PS2. Still amazed how well the game holds up graphically, even on a 40" HD television! The atmosphere's still top-notch & spooky. Gonna prolly replay SH3 next, which I've played notably less than the first two.

How about you, /v/incents?
>>
>>386169017
>PC Guide postan'
you know it was coming:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-play in the release order!
-never below Normal mode(s)!
-replaying each one of 'em is recommended.
-turn down Brightness.
-crank up volume.
-don't try to kill everything; just turn OFF flashlight.
-and obviously: avoid spoilers!
>>
reminder that Guy Cihi confirmed "In the water" to be canon ending.
>>
>>386169208
>Going thru all that jazz when u can just buy SH1 from PSN & the HD Collection for 2&3
4 isnt even worth it
>>
>>386170828
You could at least try to mask your b8, Tomm.
>>
So when will Kojima release Silent Hills?
>>
>>386171693
>>
>>386169017
Why does that image have characters from Deadly Premonition and RE6 in it if it's supposed to be Silent Hill characters?
>>
File: silenthill4.png (2MB, 1909x1072px) Image search: [Google]
silenthill4.png
2MB, 1909x1072px
>>386169017
Will there ever be a Team Silent Legacy collection including Silent Hill 1-4
>>
>>386172390
that would mean konami would have to spend money on things
do you think konami LIKES to spend money or something?
>>
>>386169017
BUMP FOR THE SAKE OF VIDYA DISCUSSION
>>
>>386171472
Please tell me that's not real.
>>
File: PT is not playable demo fo SHs.png (59KB, 629x459px) Image search: [Google]
PT is not playable demo fo SHs.png
59KB, 629x459px
>>386171693
circa 2030, when Konami's bankrupt and new KojiPro can scavange its corpse for the long lost IPs

>>386172307
Sorry mate, those ARE all Silent hill characters.
Western fuck devs are just THAT unoriginal.
>>
>>386172785
>ching chong
>>
>>386172714
Anon, I ...
>>
>>386173130
What about the PS2 release? Closer to left or right?
>>
>>386173212
Same as left anon.
>>
>>386173130
Goodness, what the fuck was that idiot thinkig when he oversaw the production of the HD series?
>>
File: SH2 HD Collection quality.webm (3MB, 800x360px) Image search: [Google]
SH2 HD Collection quality.webm
3MB, 800x360px
>>386172714
Sorry to burst your bubble.

>>386173212
PS2 is literally identical. Just runs at 480p, and has a tad blockier "per-vertex" lighting, rather than the superior "per-pixel" type.

Assets (models, textures...) are all the same. PS2 even has a tad fancier fog effects than PC, but latter gets very close with the new FOG FIX .
>>
File: SH2 - PS2 vs PC comparison fixd.jpg (684KB, 1440x1620px) Image search: [Google]
SH2 - PS2 vs PC comparison fixd.jpg
684KB, 1440x1620px
>>386173212
>what abut the PS2 release
Literally the same for the most part. Still the most authentic, the very original experience.
>>
>>386173676
PC looks sexier, it seems. Those walls are nice.
>>
Actually, the PC has fucked lighting.
>>
>>386173676
The stalls and sink look better on PC.
>>
>>386173475
>what the fuck was that idiot thinkig when he oversaw the production of the HD series?
"I love SH more than you do! No hyperbole!"

Followed by what can be summarized as: "Everything about the original sucked ass, so I fixed it! :^)"
>>
>>386174130
Yeah, but the lighting is fucked. Look at the back wall. Doesn't look right. Or consistent.
>>
>>386174130
LOL, English fail, i meant urinals.
>>
>>386174275
Are all of those quotes real? 100% legit? If so, he's worse than Randy.
>>
>>386174130
>>386173963
there really ain't too major difference.
The PC ports are easier to run than PS2 emulation, and widescreen patching is literally a matter of unzipping a single file to game's folder.

>>386174067
>the PC has fucked lighting.
How's so? If anything, it has BETTER lighting thanks to the per-pixel lighting, which results smooth flashlight beam.
If you're merely referring to the lack of soft-shadows on PC version, that's barely an issue.
>>
>>386169948
Speaking of Guy Cihi, whatever happened to that series he was working on?

It was survival horror on an iPad, but I saw the first chapter and it looked genuinely good for an iPad game
>>
>>386174459
from forum posts and interviews, yes, they're all real
>>
>>386174067
It does? You mean the flashlight illuminating backwards bug? It has been fixed months ago. The "Widescreen fix" has a simple name but it fixes so many things in the game that it could be very well be called a fan patch or something.
>>
>>386174541
I have no console bias. It just seems like the PC version is too bright. The lighting's better on a technical level, but less consistent. That's what I see based on that comparison.
>>
File: sh hd tomm's fuckups duo.jpg (385KB, 1191x1054px) Image search: [Google]
sh hd tomm's fuckups duo.jpg
385KB, 1191x1054px
>>386174459
>Are all of those quotes real?
Yeah.
If you got time, look up the TwinPerfect's very long and detailed analysis video about HD Collection. They show and/or link all these statements.

>>386174641
wasn't it getting a PC release as well?
What was it even called?
>>
>>386172390
No, they threw out the code for the games, why do you think we got the garbage hd collection.
>>
>>386174706
Nah. I'm talking about that comparison screenshot.
>>
I know most people don't like when things are explained outright, and I don't always either, but for whatever reason, I like it in Silent Hill. My favorite questions to ask about Silent Hill are "what" and "why"? I don't like how in all the games the characters just kind of accept that shit is fucked up, and never question it. Pyramid Head? Alright whatever. Hell mall full of squishy monsters and a rape table thing? Sure. Etc.

It's why Murphey is one of my more favorite characters, he tends to ask "what the fuck?" or "hey, tell me whats going on here!?"

Like I said, I don't always like when things are explained outright, especially if the explanation that is gonna be given is shitty. But I also hate how much the series just doesn't even seem to acknowledge anything at all.
>>
>>386174801
When I rule the world, it'll be illegal to toss code. I don't care if your game got 60% on Metacritic. Preserve that shit for future generations or die a slow death.
>>
>>386174716
>It just seems like the PC version is too bright.
That might just be the screenshots lacking the trademark filmgrain + different user configurations of in-game and system-wide brightness, contrast, etc. Yes, it does reflect on screencaps as well.

Some years ago, I was stuck on a shitty screen that washed out all colors, so I cranked Gamma down and contrast up. After upgrading to a better LED monitor, those screenshots look practically burned-out-black.
>>
>>386171472
Whoa fucking seriously? They just deleted all that amazing detail???
>>
>>386174801
>No, they threw out the code for the games, why do you think we got the garbage hd collection.
Because they gave the project to some no-name mobile app dev team with no console or PC experience, with a gigantic egomaniac narcissist in charge,
rather than giving it to the BluePoint games who did NOT use any ancient source-codes of the games they ported, but rather ripped and reverse-engineered all the data they used out of retail PS2 discs.

>>386175143
They "deleted" and altered a looot more than "just" that, mate.
You should (or shouldn't) hear the new audio. It's equally bad, if not worse.
>>
>>386175024
Yeah. I'm not even a Silent Hill fan. Just commenting on that comparison. One day I'll play 4. I thought that shit was dope at release. Was too spooky for me, though. Now I'd be able to do it, but I wanna buy it for the Xbox. Get a CRT.
>>
File: 1356650584614.gif (428KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1356650584614.gif
428KB, 500x322px
>>386174764
Did some digging on their Facebook page
"Hello Folks,

After months of work on Forgotten Memories : Alternate Realities Director’s Cut, and careful deliberation, we have made the decision to cancel this version of the game.

The main reasoning behind this is, the while base project started as a mobile game and even though we are very proud of the game we made, we decided perhaps the mobile format would not lend itself to consoles ( things like gameplay, scenario, direction didn't fit well…)

BUT, we are happy to announce that we are working on a new game, codenamed “Forgotten Memories Project”. We want to propose something worthy on the nextgen consoles and deliver a uniquely horrific experience.

We are working hard to give you all a completely new adventure (no more episodic structure), an original scenario, enriched gameplay, new environments and full on next gen production values. This is a new game.

This new adventure will be released on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC only, but depending on several factors we may consider releasing on other systems down the line. No release date for the moment.

Unfortunately, this means that people looking forward to VITA, WiiU and Android versions won’t be seeing a release. You have the right to be angry, but please understand that since we are developing for next gen systems, these systems are no longer able to run the game to our satisfaction nor supported by their manufacturers.

We’re going to do our best to communicate with you regularly and give you frequent updates about this game’s development. We ask you to please, be patient. It really will be worth the wait.

With love
Team Psychoz"
>>
>>386175430
Is that from the guy with the awful quotes?
>>
>>386175683
I have no idea what you mean by that, but that's a post off of the page for the game
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.