[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid Prime thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 123

Let's have a comfy Metroid prime thread
What was your favorite
>game
>suit
>beam weapon
>planet

And for Prime 4
>What do you think the story will be?
>How do you think the planet/s will look like and what kind of level design will it have?
>Do you want to see the ship being playable again?
>Do you want to see multiplayer again?
>Will you buy it?
>Also when do you think Nintendo's going to reveal more about it?
>>
File: 1441660379905.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1441660379905.gif
94KB, 514x510px
Sylux sets up a base on remote planet for samus to blow up
>How do you think the planet/s will look like and what kind of level design will it have?
Given the trend of the last two Prime games, it'll be multiple planets again, with a bit more connectivity than Prime 3
Yeah, but only if it's more dynamic
Sure, if it isn't halfassed and has good netcode
>Will you buy it?
Of course
Not for a while, maybe Summer 2018
>>
>game
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
>suit
Light
>beam weapon
Either Dark or Wave
>planet
Aether

Sylux shenanigans, phazon is back in some form judging by the logo
No fucking clue, maybe a mix of nature and technology like Aether but could really be anything
Wouldn't mind it
nah
>Will you buy it?
is water wet?
E3 2018
>>
File: metroidreturnsamus_610.jpg (46KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
metroidreturnsamus_610.jpg
46KB, 610x343px
>>386163507
Reminder to not buy Samus Returns and its shit dlc policies enforced by Nintendo
>>
>>386165697
Just for that I'm buying two.
>>
>>386163507
>game
Prime 2
>suit
Prime 1 gravity suit
>beam weapon
Dark beam
>planet
Aether

The Federation misses the power phazon gave their equipment and creates synthetic phazon. Sylux steals a prototype constructor or something and sets out to hunt Samus.
Dark, abandoned military base with a black and yellow/green colour scheme. Permanently stormy area around it. Transport vehicles to other sections of the planet and one location in orbit.
Dry, bright scrapyard area with rusted metal and half-functioning equipment
Lush jungle area with treehouses
Underwater base with flooded rooms and lava
No, it removed the isolation feeling.
Nah
>Will you buy it?
It would require me to buy a Switch. Maybe - it depends on what FE looks like and whether Atlus makes anything.
Not until 2018
>>
>>386165697
keep this trash out of this thread.
this is a Metroid PRIME thread, not Metroid "in-general" one.
>>
>>386163507
>Lets have a comfy thread about a logo
>>
>>386166187
>Metroid prime thread
>And for Prime 4
>>
File: 1501294889673.png (356KB, 711x822px) Image search: [Google]
1501294889673.png
356KB, 711x822px
>>386166187
>Haha what if I just didn't read the contents of the OP
>>
>>386166187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXzeSvBDE0
defend this
>>
File: Metroid Prime 4 Fact Sheet.png (222KB, 1581x2046px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime 4 Fact Sheet.png
222KB, 1581x2046px
this is the E3 Fact Sheet for Metroid Prime 4
say something nice to her
>>
File: MadMadDobby.jpg (618KB, 1502x1071px) Image search: [Google]
MadMadDobby.jpg
618KB, 1502x1071px
>>386166548
and hello Dobson!
>>
>>386165697
>>386166548
>these are the 2d fags
you're no better than those classic sonic faggots
>>
>>386166635
So why is fedorabear upset about prime 4?
>>
>>386166493
>takes the storyline in new directions
is this referencing the fact that there's no more phazon in the games?
>>
File: LogFlume.png (606KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
LogFlume.png
606KB, 600x479px
>game
Echoes
>suit
Prime 2/3 Varia
>beam weapon
Wave Beam
>planet
Bryyo

Probably some stuff with Sylux. No Phazon, that ended with Prime 3
Abandoned Federation base where we learn about Sylux a bit more.
Jungle/mine site where Space pirates are up to no good again.
Probably a water-based area.
They said the design will be closer to Prime 1 so more along the lines of that.
I guess, I hope they keep the Prime 3 ship design
Eh, as long as it doesn't detract from the singleplayer
>Will you buy it?
Need to get a Switch first, but hopefully yes
Next E3 or early 2018
>>
Reminder that the less support you show for 3d titles, the more incentive Nintendo has to go back to the franchises' roots and release actual true to metroid games that sell, unlike shitty feminist sensationalist CoD clones.
>>
I'm happy that it's being developed by a new team, because it means they'll probably do something fresh. As much as I love the original trilogy, I don't want a retread of the same shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see bigger, more open areas. They won't be constrained by hardware to chop everything up into little rooms like the original games, but it will be interesting to see if they do that anyway as a design decision. Bigger areas would certainly change the flow of the game a bit.
>>
>>386166684
what did Classic Sonic fans do?
i can name a cancerous equivalent to 2D Metroid purists
>Judgralfags
>>
>>386163507
>>game
Prime 3. I know.
>>suit
Dark Suit.
>>planet
Elysia

>>What do you think the story will be?
Hopefully something save. Back to basics to ensure us this series can still deliver and then experiment with sequels
>>
>>386166794
Because there's no release date
>>
>>386166884
Your post would have more weight if they didn't follow up Other M's failure with Federation Force
>>
don't fucking buy this shit, it has no business even fucking existing
>>
>>386166794
Him and other ultra autists like movieblob hate prime just because it's in first person and they think it's like CoD, probably never played a single one
>>
>>386166871
>is this referencing the fact that there's no more phazon in the games?
yes?
>>
You will never be as well received as 2D.
>>
>>386166281
>>386166331
>What do you think the story for the logo will be?
>How you think the planet/s will look like and what kind level design will the logo have?
>Do you want to see the logo's ship being playable again?
>Do you want to see logo multiplayer again?
>Will you buy logo?
>Also when do you think Nintendo's going to reveal more about the logo?
>>
>comfy Metroid thread
>on current-year /v/
>in the middle of the day
I admire your bravery but it's not gonna happen. Im very excited for both and will certainly buy them, albeit a little apprehensive for SR.

Will he be back? And will he finally get an Amiibo?
>>
File: smug dob.png (95KB, 610x707px) Image search: [Google]
smug dob.png
95KB, 610x707px
>>386167063
>>386167214
what did the blue bear mean by this /v/?
>>
>>386167139
is the bottom left for Prime 4 or Fed force?
>>
Insider here. I've been trying to research Metroid Prime 4 specifically. It's kind of an odd case.

Nintendo is specifically having certain aspects, like the art and scan logs, outsourced by another studio while the internal team works on the actual gameplay.

My assumption is that they're bringing on critical players from the old days to work on the project, although I can't say for certain who they are just yet. Actual environments look great and really expansive in some ways. You can call your ship in wherever when you're on the surface and have cleared the area of intelligent, hostile life.
>>
File: 98c4dc912bd395b690f7d3f5b5822463.jpg (260KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
98c4dc912bd395b690f7d3f5b5822463.jpg
260KB, 720x1080px
>>386163507
>game
Prime
>suit
Light
>beam
Plasma (Prime)
>planet
Aether

>Story
Sylux finds some big dick power and is wreaking havoc on other planets and Samus has to track him down and stop him
>planet/level design?
I'm expecting it to be one or two planets, one very natural like Tallon IV and another being mostly mechanical, first planet being where Sylux found power, second being where he's applying it
>ship playable?
i don't really care for it so i'd say no, won't be crying if it is tho
>multiplayer?
maybe, hunters without hackers and an actual controller would be tops
>buying?
hell fucking yes
>reveal more?
January will be when we get a big drop of info

Anything new or any suggestions you guys hope to see with beams/grapple? More Samus mechanics that would be good for puzzles/battle.
>>
>>386167214
I'm looking forward to the day where Nintendo realises that just because you have a console that can push polygons it doesn't mean you can't make high-quality 2d art for it. Seeing Samus Returns be revealed as having 3d art was such a disappointment.
>>
>>386167249
can we finally get a metroid game where Ridley isn't easy as fuck?
>>
>>386166914
>complain to sega for a new 2d game
>get sonic 4, colors and classic sonic in generations
>complain about it not being like the classic games
>get mania
>complain about wanting a 3d game
>complain about it being too much like the classic games
>get forces
>complains about playing like generations and not adventure
all they do is complain about games
>metroid fans ask for a new game
>get fed force
>2d fags complain about it not being 2d and prime fags complain about the artsyle and limited level design
>nintendo announces prime 4 and sr
>2d fags complain about them remaking metroid 2 and bring up the am2r argument
>they also complain about prime 4 existing
>meanwhile primefags are happy that they're getting 2 games
>>
File: it's okay when DMC does it.png (965KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
it's okay when DMC does it.png
965KB, 1024x576px
>>386167245
see >>386166374
see >>386166493
>>
>>386167410
Please. Although it's a good fight in Prime on Hard.
>>
>>386167249
Ridley needs to fucking die along with the prime series. Metroid needs a new 2d game like it needs a new villain, enough with your fucking furfag epic space dragon scaly husbando bait shit already.Reoccuring villains that have died several times are a sign of creative bankruptcy and it's apalling as fuck that you're supportive of this character. Ridley doesn't even have any staying charm like Bowser does to make it in any way acceptable to keep bringing back such a generic villain that doesn't even have an interesting attack pattern in any of the games he appears in. Just a bunch of nostalgia pandering because Ridley was the scariest boss monster they could create on the NES.
>>
>>386167325
it's for Prime 4 and after retard

Ridley and the rest of the other Metroid/Metroid Prime bosses got cameos for those mobile suits in FF
>>
>>386167531
Holy shit you typed this whole thing out
>>
>>386167531
who let the Smash autists in?
>>
>>386167326
Even if anon's lying I'll bite
is it open world?
when can we expect more news about it?
>>
>>386167139
>Samus' rivalry with Ridley and the Chozo race will be temporarily put aside

THANK YOU, JESUS. I thought they would run out of contrived plot excuses for bringing Ridley back a long time ago, but it just kept fucking happening. If they're gonna rehash an old boss, at least bring back Kraid. We haven't seen him in a while.

I'm sure we'll be exploring the ruins of another ancient "Chozo but totally different because they have a different name" race.
>>
>>386167424
How do you not see those Sonic complaints are coming from three distinct groups of people? "I CLAPPED" fags who want mania aren't compatible with boostshit fags which aren't compatible with adventure fags. It's especially obvious since 1-3, adventure+2, and unleashed/generations line up so clearly with the childhoods of three distinct generations.
>>
File: 1482573621073.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1482573621073.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>386167245
Yeah my dude, there certainly aren't loose ends or teased themes from the previous games that could be the basis for the 4th entry which we could discuss, no sir.
>Let me just ignore the first part of the OP too which is about the Prime series in general
>>
>>386167214
>You will never be as well received as Zero Mission
good, Prime needs to stay as a million seller series.
>>
File: tube world.jpg (57KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
tube world.jpg
57KB, 500x635px
>>386163507
I really hope they show us something within the next year.
>>
File: 1435432896615.jpg (302KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435432896615.jpg
302KB, 1280x720px
>>386163507
Something about Sylux doing evil stuff.
I don't know, but all I want is a single location, be it a planet, a moon, or a space station, but with varied and creative environments, coupled with good game design.
Hell yeah. First I want them to return and improve the Prime formula and introduce new on-foot elements before anything else but I would love to see the ship having more use in future Metroid games. It's one of the most iconic vehicles in all of vidya. We should totally get a Metroid game that were sort of like Arkham Knight but better.
Unless it's Hunters 2, fuck no.
>Will you buy it?
Hell yeah.
Not until next year.

I FUCKING LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF METROID
>>
>>386166493
>the features are that it exists, and that it has a development team who remain unnamed
It's so obvious they just slapped it together when they realized they had nothing to show at E3
>>
>>386167476
>See my meme video and this fuckingnothing sheet that provides as much information as knowing the game is metroid prime 4
>>
>>386163507
>>game
Prime 2
>>suit
Dark Suit without grav booster
>>beam weapon
Annihilator is baller
>>planet
Zebes, but Aether has some amazing areas and aesthetics

>And for Prime 4
Samus shooting and exploring
>>How do you think the planet/s will look like and what kind of level design will it have?
I am not sure, I'm 50/50 for it either being different zones, or different planets. As long as it's executed well, I'm all for whatever they go with, I just want more ecosystems to study with the scan visor and learn about the world(s).
>>Do you want to see the ship being playable again?
Nah, not necessary, but if they make it interesting it could be fine. As long as they don't make it a tedious thing that you have to do often
>>Do you want to see multiplayer again?
Doesn't matter, it was never about multi.
>>Will you buy it?
Yes, and a switch.
>>Also when do you think Nintendo's going to reveal more about it?
Probably mid to late 2018
>>
File: 1479698784793.jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
1479698784793.jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>386167908
>>
>>386167764
Those are questions for you

>Yeah my dude, there certainly aren't loose ends or teased themes from the previous games that could be the basis for the 4th entry which we could discuss, no sir.

Well start posting about them
>>
We all agree Metroid Prime 3 is garbage right
>>
>>386167893
>It's so obvious they just slapped it together when they realized they had nothing to show at E3
of course they knew
why do you think Nintendo backpedeled about MP4 being a 2018 game, not just another showing

see >>386167139
>>
>>386168008
gib more (You)s
>>
>>386167872
>we will never have the days of the comfy space pirate general back
>/v/ has become so much of a cesspool even regular threads are near-impossible
I left /v/ for /pol/ ages ago and came back just recently, it's depressing as fuck.
>>
>>386168023
i agree
>>
>looked through old wii games
>found the fucking metroid prime trilogy with the metal case and everything
>forgot I even had that shit
Which one should I play first
>>
>>386167891
>all I want is a single location

I agree. Multiple locations in Prime 3 was cool, but multiple locations inherently makes everything a little more linear and removes some of the exploration that made me love the first game. Part of what makes Metroid games fun for me is getting to know the world and gradually figuring out how all of the areas interconnect. Even Prime 2 lost some of that by having such a rigidly-defined hub structure.
>>
>>386168023
compared to the first 2 I'd say it's the weakest even if it has its moments
>multiple planets
>more hunters
>the lore on bryo
>Elysia in general
>Phaaze
>new suit
compared to Hunters or Fed Force it's much better
>>
File: Parent Teacher Conference.png (216KB, 704x500px) Image search: [Google]
Parent Teacher Conference.png
216KB, 704x500px
>>386167139
>"Chozo race will also be absent"
That's lame
>>
What are the chances this game will have something to do with the "Monks of Grondheim"?

This has been bugging me ever since I noticed that one log entry in Metroid Prime 1...
https://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Monks_of_Grondheim
Who are these monks? And why do they value these red magma crystals so highly? Will we ever get an answer?
>>
>>386168023
By 3 you mean all three prime games? Yeah, I can wholeheartedly agree.
>>
>>386168317
Finally, someone here who makes sense. Fuck multiple locations.
>>
>>386168023
It's weaker than the other two but it's nowhere near garbage.
>>
>>386167705
>I'm sure we'll be exploring the ruins of another ancient "Chozo but totally different because they have a different name" race.
the Luminoth were a great alternative
>>
>>386168403
If there's no Chozo, the Federation better fuck off too.
>>
>>386168235
Small numbers usually come before big numbers, assuming you've never played them before.

Gamecube controls > Wiimote controls, fight me. I'm guessing the new one will have motion aiming, which mite b cool.
>>
>>386168476
I like the Luminoth, but they were basically the exact same concept as the Chozo. They just had slightly different architecture.
>>
>>386168618
My guess is standard shooter controls with gyro for fine-tuning like every other aiming thing Nintendo has done. I'm happy with it so whatever.

>fight me
Gladly, c'mere fgt
>>
>>386168023
It's a 7/10 game in a 9-10/10 series. It's by no means garbage, but it's not fantastic.
>>
>>386163507
>game
Prime
>Suit
Gravity or Dark
>Beam
Nova

>Prime 4 Story
I dont know, but an idea I like is that sylux shoots down samus and traps her on a planet. His character is then like SA-X, where he is super powerful and samus is basically on the run from him on this planet (maybe she tries to hide from him and when he finds her she will have to retreat to a surrounding planet)
>Areas
I think we will get areas that mimic the areas in the earlier prime series (lava, snow, swamp, future tech, ruins, etc)
>Playable Ship
Maybe, I wasnt a huge fan of it in 3 but i could get behind it if they changed our interaction with it (maybe we control the ship for a couple smaller sections that involves manually flying and fighting)
>Multiplayer
Sure, I would like multiplayer, but only if it is an afterthought from the single player experience. I would prefer if they maybe made their own stand-alone game
>Buy it
Yes
>More info
E3 next year, we might get bits and pieces beforehand but i expect to get the bulk of info about it at/after e3
>>
File: Fedshit.png (138KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
Fedshit.png
138KB, 500x379px
>>386168570
>the Federation better fuck off too.
>next game is going to be about Sylux and his deal with the feds and their intents of the metroids
>>
File: MP_Kraid.jpg (415KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
MP_Kraid.jpg
415KB, 816x612px
What are the chances of them using some of the cut content from the previous games in 4?
I'd love to see how you'd fight this guy
>>
>>386168892
Fuck, I'm so sick of "muh space gubbermint", I just want Samus exploring weird fucking places and fighting weird fucking aliens. I even LIKE the Federation, at least the Retro one that isn't Weyland-Yutani with a strip of duct tape over the name.
>>
>>386169105
God, a 3D Kraid fight would be so fucking sick.
>>
>>386168457
>>386168395
>>386168212
>>386168820
Glad we agree it's garbage
>>
File: 1497560052307.png (22KB, 266x289px) Image search: [Google]
1497560052307.png
22KB, 266x289px
>game
Prime 1
>suit
Varia from 2/3
>beam weapon
Plasma from 1
>planet
Pirate Homeworld

And for Prime 4
Some Sylux dumb shit since Tanabe has a boner for him. Also, federation stuff.
Prime 3 style unfortunately. Didn't like the federation involvement, and the way you navigate through planets working for the feds.
It took out the isolation feeling and made you feel that you were in an universe with more people than you. Except the pirate base it didn't feel isolated or hostile.
Nnnnmeh...
nope
>Will you buy it?
Sure, unless it's shit.
>>
File: mad ai.png (489KB, 557x773px) Image search: [Google]
mad ai.png
489KB, 557x773px
>>386169105
>YFW They bring back the mad AI from Prime 1.5
>>
>>386169243
i'm sick of it too, but Tanabe said he's taking care of fleshing out what's the Metroid universe is like beyond Samus in Metroid Prime before we go back to usual Samus Adventures

hopefully this would mean a game about her in some sort of giant exploratory Space Prison planet from Metroid 1.5 (i think)
>>
File: cvh.jpg (22KB, 599x416px) Image search: [Google]
cvh.jpg
22KB, 599x416px
>ost is traditional orchestra instead of the synths and choir
>>

Do I want Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer? Fuck no. Would the Switch be perfect for a sequel to Hunters? Absolutely. No voice chat aside, a new, multiplayer-focused Hunters game would be super fun. Especially if they decided to put event the slightest amount of effort into balancing it this time.
>>
>>386169727
>OST is generic "super-hero JUSTice time" music similar to Federation Force
>>
>>386169727
>>386169892
Except based Kenji Yamamato is coming back.
>>
>>386169992
thank god
i noticed that every Metroid game he's not involved ends up being pretty shitty
>Other M
>Federation Force
>>
File: IMG_0153.png (986KB, 840x1289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153.png
986KB, 840x1289px
>>386169992
Aw yis
>>
>>386170149
>Other M
I fucking hated that game's generic orchestral soundtrack. How do you fuck that shit up?
>>
>>386165697
I'm buying this and not Primeshit so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>386167503
lel no it's not, no boss is hard in prime aside from hard mode omega pirate
>>
File: Samus doesn't like sand.png (318KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
Samus doesn't like sand.png
318KB, 600x361px
five bucks it's nu-Bungie or Bethesda devs doing Metroid Prime
>Tood Howard get his dirty hands on it
>>
>so desperate for (You)s he's replying to ancient posts
>>
>>386165697
Still have it preordered but fuck, all that shit about Fusion suit pisses me off. I do hope that Fusion mode is just cosmetic bullshit that we can unlock in the game another way. I do still want those amiibos though, just because I need to have them but I also only have an original 3DS model so I'm fucked there.
>>
File: 650.gif (4KB, 650x220px) Image search: [Google]
650.gif
4KB, 650x220px
>>386170286
>Hey guys, orchestral soundtrack!
>most of the game is totally silent
>the only track of any note is the Ridley one which is the best in the series
>everything else is completely forgettable
>>
>>386170548
>I'm retarded

it's in house
>>
File: good goy.png (483KB, 477x768px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.png
483KB, 477x768px
>>386170342
>>
File: 1500236524773.png (50KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500236524773.png
50KB, 550x550px
>>386170584
>the only track of any note is the Ridley one which is the best in the series
That best be bait, son.
>>
>>386170572
what?
>>
>>386170286
I like Other M for many reasons and I also think it gets shit on unjustifiedly, but holy shit, the music of that game was an atrocious fucking crime.
>>
>>386170584
the same composer who did Nemesis Ridley/Vs. Ridley redid it for Smash
and it's fucking amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p8dc9BVtXk
same the rest of the OST wasn't as good as this one
>>
>>386167139
>no Chozo
And this is why I stick to 2D Metroid.

>>386167214
Clearly Prime won't
>>
File: Dob-Right.jpg (126KB, 416x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dob-Right.jpg
126KB, 416x424px
>post ID isn't even going up
>>
>>386170812
"Le Prime is shit 2D purist" faggot is replying to old posts because no one will give him (You)s.
>>
>>386170907
I actually really like this even though I hated the Other M version.
>>
>>386170758
Best Ridley theme, not best track overall.
>>
>>386171047
Why are you giving him attention?
>>
File: pondering.jpg (208KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
208KB, 1300x1300px
>BBfag tries to shit up Guilty Gear thread for a few threads
>gets reported, immediately shut down and banned/deleted multiple times, stopped posting

>2Dfags have been shitting up prime threads for over 4 years
>Mods never delete/ban them

I don't get it
>>
>>386165697
You can send the same message (probably much more clearly) by buying the game and then loudly complaining to Nintendo that you want an alternate way of unlocking the amiibo content without buying the amiibos. That way you can act like a victim, who didn't know that the game requires amiibos to unlock all of its content until after you bought it.
>>
>>386171047
That's odd, with Dobson about you'd think that would get inflated too.
>>
>>386171157
Yeah I agree, I wish these prime threads would get deleted on sight so we could go back to discussing the real metroids like gentlemen.
>>
File: goddamn.jpg (19KB, 249x325px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn.jpg
19KB, 249x325px
>>386169992
Thank god, he managed to make the soundtracks sound so beautifully alien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCjZTxGUzMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lesncaOmAiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGsArRQjKE
>>
>>386171091
>>386171095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fje8t9Jyy-o

Oh man, I remembered this track being much more generic orchestral-sounding than it actually is. Carry on, anon.
>>
>>386171157
they hate the fact Nintendo is giving royalties to Metroid Prime to move the franchise for Sakamoto
meanwhile, Sakamoto just wanna do more Mii and Warioware games because entertaining people is what he really wanted as seen in Other Movie
>>
>>386171340
This, Metroid general in September!
>>
File: 1465780820617.gif (992KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1465780820617.gif
992KB, 398x356px
>>386171226
except that's not how it works you fucking retard
you're supposed to shit on the game and company for doing such practices
>>
>>386171469
>Warioware games
Man, I wish they'd come back as the launch game to show off the console's gimmicks
>>
File: 1414988199476.jpg (26KB, 435x411px) Image search: [Google]
1414988199476.jpg
26KB, 435x411px
>>386171470
>/metroidgen/ happens
please, PLEASE no
after seeing all the havoc /feg/ done to Fire Emblem discussion, i really don't want the same fate happen to Metroid here.

think Zero Suit shitpost threads but you also have people circlejerking about how great Fusion and Prime 3 was and OM/FF not being so bad
>>
>>386171469
Uh... Samus Returns, constantly talks about SR opening the of the potential of the 2D Metroid franchise, talks about wanting to make more 2D Metroid games now, gives hints to Metroid 5 in interviews and with the remodeled Fusion Suit in SR. Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Us 2D fans already got our wish.
>>
>>386171794
well fed force and other m from a gameplay perspective aren't that bad
>>
>>386171708
1 2 Switch is sorta similar, but they had to sell it separately to keep the Switch at $300 and it absolutely is not worth buying on its own.
>>
>>386171794
Zero Suit isn't playable in SR and no one gives a shit about Other Shit or Fed Shit. People will just talk about Metroid games.
>>
>>386171631
Except in this case it's a game series that is on life support and this might be its only chance at getting continued. Most of us want to buy the game to support getting them to make more of them, but we can do that while also voicing non-support of amiibo bullshit.
>>
>>386172043
>Zero suit isn't playable in SR
:^) Dont speak so soon, you really think BASED SAKAMOTO-SAN will leave his waifu out?
>>
>>386171920
other M is fucking terrible from a gameplay perspective, yeah D-pad in a 3D space real nice idea with missile and health recharge

Fed force is ok
>>
>>386172043
>Zero Suit isn't playable in SR

how are you so sure

>>386172173
>might be its only chance at getting continued
metroid's future won't rest on an outsourced 3DS remake, it'll rely on prime 4's success
>>
>>386172173
REEEEE NO DON'T BUY THIS GAME WE NEED MORE MARIOS AND ZELDAS I NEED MY SOUND TEST AND ART GALLERY THAT WILL BOTH BE ONLINE IN A WEEK AND MY UGLY FUSION SUIT REEEE
>>
>>386172254
The fact that the shitty Zero Suit McDonald's toy doesn't allow you to play with the Zero Suit on and the fact that Samus is already wearing the Legendary Power Suit says otherwise.
>>
>>386172436
See>>386172459
>>
File: Zero Suit Samus crawling.jpg (185KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Suit Samus crawling.jpg
185KB, 1000x676px
since Metroid and the Prime sub-series isn't save from getting mobage trash, we should also talk about how they're going to do a Metroid Prime game for Android apps
>>
Is the fusion suit a latex suit or are there metal components because Samus has a super masculine body with developed delts and huge lats. Are there metal bits underneath? It looks fleshy and stuff so I can't tel what the material is.
She even has pecs. Not boobs-pecs.
>>
>>386172585
that doesn't mean shit, there could be a gameplay section at the end like ZM regardless of amiibos. Don't know why people complain about the ZSS bit in ZM, I thought it was fun.
>>
>>386172436
Not him but if Samus Returns does well, we're getting more 2D Metroid games, if Prime 4 does poorly, say goodbye and good riddance to the Prime series. The Metroid Prime series is a sub series of the 2D games.
>>
>>386164343
It's metroid prime of course phazon will be a core part of the story the game
>>
>>386172778
nah see >>386167139
>>
>>386172778
Tanabe or whoever has already said Phazon is done.
>>
File: concerned_hero_king.png (95KB, 342x258px) Image search: [Google]
concerned_hero_king.png
95KB, 342x258px
why in the world would Samus be out of her suit in a dead Metroid planet where it's fucking poisonous to breath in
>"Possibly toxic. Humans have never been seen here without respiratory assisting equipment."
>>
>>386172596
it's a mix of her zero suit and basic suit
for the most part it's just her zero suit tho
>>
>>386172596
>developed delts and huge lats

Samus is a fucking space-warrior. You don't think she lifts?
>>
>>386172754
It means a lot, for the most part, Sakamoto really didn't even want that shit in Other Shit, that tells you something. In a Q&A he stated that the suitless Samus was only playable in Zero Mission because of the Justin Bailey code in Metroid NES, he wanted it to be a throwback.
>>
>>386172778
they already said Phazon is done over with
expect them to shit out not!Phazon or some other magnificent idea like they did with Phazon and the X Parasites
>>
>>386172950
She gets slightly upset
>>
>>386172950
SR 388 is chozo land, Samus has their DNA in her. Regular humans might not live but she could
>>
>>386173012
She's not on HGH in her zero suit, dumb dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 160x213px
Test post, ignore this post
>>
>>386172950
Because /v/ is stupid
>>
>>386173150
Hello Anon
>>
>>386173150
Can't make me.
>>
File: For the Gaijins.png (204KB, 585x966px) Image search: [Google]
For the Gaijins.png
204KB, 585x966px
>>386173078
he also brought it back because only americans had playable no-suit Samus in the original, but not the japanese.

and they were REALLY curious about it too
>>
>>386163507
I just hope it takes more influence from Super Metroid again like the first game. Having cool skips and options without a bunch of fucking orders on screen telling me where and when to go somewhere ruined Prime 3.
>>
>>386163507
>haloid shit

no
>>
>>386173379
>I just hope it takes more influence from Super Metroid again like the first game.
Or like Other M
>>
>>386173204
You fool, now i must reply to you with a second test post
testing spoilers
>testing meme arrows
Testing gif posting
>>
>>386173379
>I just hope it takes more influence from Super Metroid again like the first game.
and surprise, Prime 1 is current standard of Metroid Prime 4!
see >>386166493
>>
>>386173379
>I just hope it takes more influence from Super Metroid again like the first game

good news, it does
>>
>>386173343
Yup and that's why it won't be playable in Samus Returns. The Zero Suit gimmick was for Zero Mission and pushed for it. Aeion Abilities, free aiming, and melee counter are being pushed for Samus Returns.
>>
File: 1495314972217.png (343KB, 620x596px) Image search: [Google]
1495314972217.png
343KB, 620x596px
>>386173521
relax, MercuryStream shill
>>
File: 1386745227815.png (418KB, 645x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1386745227815.png
418KB, 645x1086px
>>386163507
>>game
Super
>>suit
Fusion
>>beam weapon
Plasma
>>planet
Talon IV
>
>And for Prime 4
Continue after 3. Space Pirate shenanigans
>>How do you think the planet/s will look like and what kind of level design will it have?
Larger Words
>>Do you want to see the ship being playable again?
Not Like 4. But a cockpit view would be nice
>>Do you want to see multiplayer again?
Co-Op as side missions NOT story ones.
>>Will you buy it?
Of Course
>>Also when do you think Nintendo's going to reveal more about it?
Next year. This was just to shut everyone up. Theyve done nothing but the reveal trailer
>>
>>386173841
Stop giving him (You)s, stupid. He's been hanging around the whole thread being a faggot and pretending to be new people.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 300x300px
Son of a bitch
TESTING GIF POSTING AGAIN
IGNORE THIS POST
>>
File: take a gander.jpg (370KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
take a gander.jpg
370KB, 530x750px
will Metroid Prime 4 have more robots at least?
>>
>>386173150
>>386173594
>>386174051
retard
>>
File: BUT IT'S FUN.png (427KB, 645x478px) Image search: [Google]
BUT IT'S FUN.png
427KB, 645x478px
>>386174049
but it's FUN
>>
>>386174217
what is fun about talking to retards?
>>
>>386174384
seeing them sperg while they pretend their bait is working
>>
>>386174186
shut up, phone posting is hard
>>
>>386174068
are you saying quadraxis wasn't enough?
>>
>>386163507
Just give me another big interconnected network of rooms like Super or Prime and I'll be satisfied. Map design hasn't gotten better than those games.
>>
>>386174837
Map design is at its peak in prime 2
>>
>>386174669
>are you saying quadraxis wasn't enough?
what do you think?
Prime needs much more mecha dude
at we can start by redesigning those ugly mechs from the FF game
>>
>>386174935
Prime 2 had the worst backtracking in the whole series. Macro level design in 2 was garbage.
>>
>>386173916
this explains how she rolls into a balls.
>>
>>386174068
>>386174938
t. Ghor
>>
>>386175004
what? The backtracking in prime 2 is a lot less than prime 1/super due to the self contained areas
>>
File: actual worse castlekino.png (123KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
actual worse castlekino.png
123KB, 225x225px
>>386174935
that's like saying this was a good Castlevania game
>>
>>386175263
The self contained areas is exactly why the backtracking sucks so badly. Seekers and Power Bombs are massive pains in the ass because there's only one way in or out of any area until very late in the game.
>>
>>386174938
Oh i thought you meant more fuckable robots with the picture you posted
>>
>>386175315
havn't played can't say

>>386175394
seekers are the only exception, power bombs aren't as bad. Compared that to all the times you have to make treks across Talon IV in prime
>>
>>386175223
>there will never pull an asspull where all the MP3 hunters survived
>Ghor's AI is salvaged in the GF servers
>Ghandrayda faked her death and corruption
>a piece of Rundas's DNA recreated his bodily within the ice
>>
>>386175526
Tallon IV is full of passageways back to old places. Whenever you need to head back, a new one opens up. It's excellent, it makes the world feel like it's actually cohesive rather than a bunch of segregated video game levels.
>>
File: stop.jpg (19KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
19KB, 600x705px
>>386175540
>Rundas is never coming back ever
>>
>>386175540
As much as I would like it, it will lessen the headcanon that Rundas no longer gained conciousness for long enough to impale himself with his own stalgmite.

Also Ghor was already 6% of his original body so that's do-able.

I don't think the Gandrayda one works either, even if her killing pirates is an argument for it
>>
>>386175770
prime 1's biggest flaw was that there was no way from talon overworld to phendrena, unlike prime 2 where you could get from anywhere to anywhere
>>
>>386163507
>game
Prime 2
>suit
Light Suit
>beam weapon
Annihilator
>planet
Aether

And for Prime 4
Sylux is planning on attacking the Galactic Federation using Metroids (and possibly Phazon), so Samus goes out to stop him.
I'd be fine with another world like Prime 1 (more amorphous) or Prime 2 (more segmented) as long as it's done well. In any case, I'd rather have the game be set on one planet and for that planet to have an interesting lore, backstory, etc.
Personally, I think a water-based planet would be interesting. There'd be plenty of room for new biomes we haven't seen in Metroid games; lush tropical islands, towering amphibious cities, spooky volcanic trenches, and of course, a massive underwater base for Sylux to hide in.
Personally, I'd rather not see it. The ship in Prime 3 was fun but ultimately a gimmick. I'd be okay with it as a means of fast-travelling around the different areas of the map to cut down on backtracking time, though... As long as it doesn't become a crutch for the devs to lean on so they become lazy with the actual level design.
Only if it was developed by a completely separate team and was totally separated from the single player experience. If it was going to steal any resources that would make the SP better, then it should be scrapped.
>Will you buy it?
Yes
E3 2018 at the earliest
>>
>>386176328
Phendrana-Magmoor-Tallon is pretty short. You only need to take that route to get the Space Jump, and it takes you through interesting new rooms.
>>
>>386165697
Come on anon. This is the last chance for the series. If Samus Returns doesn't sell well, forget about any new Metroid on 2D any time soon (and probably for ever)

Prime 4 is the same i think. This is the last chance for the series.
>>
>>386176625
>either choose a life with no metroid or one riddled with DLC
Nah man, id rather see the series die.
>>
>>386176625
>you have to buy it, it's the last chance for the series
you fags said this for Federation Force
Samus Returns can flop like Zero Mission and Metroid 5 will still happen later on
Metroid Prime 4 sells worse than MP3, Prime 5 will be made 3-4 years later
>>
>>386176532
Yeah, I think of Magmoor as more of a transitional cave section rather than a whole other region, because of how short and linear it is.
>>
>>386176625
This
>>
>>386177148
retard
>>
>>386169510
With Sylux's tech-focused character design and abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if they utilized him in a similar villain role to what the Mad AI would've been.
>>
>>386177441
Sylux is a berserk Evangelion
>>
>>386163507
>Will you buy it?

A Metroid prime game for switch? You can fucking bet on it.
>>
>>386177564
>Sylux is a rebel Shinji
>>
File: Neon Genesis Hunters.jpg (78KB, 790x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Genesis Hunters.jpg
78KB, 790x1024px
>>386177872
I mean, just look at that build and those colors. He looks like a dead ringer for Unit-01
>>
>>386177367
You're the retard
>>
>>386178382
says the fag who fell for the "buy some bastardized spinoff or no more Primes" meme
>>
>>386176625
>forget about any new Metroid on 2D
Good. 2D is garbage and Metroid should be a blockbuster 3D FPA (First person adventure) game from now on just so you faggot subhuman Anti prime shitposters can fuck off.
>>
>>386178146
I feel like the only one who doesn't like Sylux's suit. I like the basic idea of it but something about it just makes it look simplistic and bare compared to the Varia Suit. I think it's partially because Hunters was on the DS. It sorely needs another color.

Hopefully the Prime 4 version is better.
>>
>>386178510
I didn't give a shit whether that garbage killed the Prime series or not, I'm just buying Samus Returns to guarantee that a Metroid 5 is made. I can care less whether Metroid Prime 4 does well or fails.

>>386178620
Not him but I'll make sure not to purchase Prime 4 so it can fail.
>>
>>386179127
>I'm just buying Samus Returns to guarantee that a Metroid 5 is made
you don't have to buy anything for a game that's obviously coming REGARDLESS of some redo of Metroid 2.
>>
>>386179513
And that's what makes me so happy. If I'm not able to get SR next month, and it sells really well like over a million or 2 million, I won't buy the game because I really want Metroid 5, I never purchased Zero Mission because it was just a remake.
>>
>>386181224
>and it sells really well like over a million or 2 million

considering the last remake didn't even hit a million and the only games to go over 2 mill are 1/prime 1 that's highly unlikely
>>
>>386181459
Well, Zero Mission was released at the end of the GBA's life cycle with the DS having a lot of hype. Samus Returns doesn't have to worry about that.
>>
>>386181773
We're essentially at the end of the 3DS's life with Switch hype
>>
>>386182074
No we're not
>>
File: 1501104539937.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1501104539937.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>386178146
>Yfw Sylux turns out to be Metroid's gf all along.
>>
>>386182217
>he thinks 3DS will be lively after 2018
Samus Returns has 3 years to sell 2 million
and don't fret, the very game that "saved" FE didn't hit 2 million either
Zero Mission had over 4~6 years to sell a million and it didn't
imagine SR struggling to move numbers if a giant Nintendo 3DS release is in the way.
>>
>game
Prime 2
>suit
Phase 4 corruption PED
>beam weapon
Omega cannon
>planet
P H A A Z E

And for Prime 4
No telling. I'm just not hoping for something dumb like "le ebil galactic federation." Id love to see something totally new and different like Phaaze again
I'm thinking that there will be some new odd things now that they are working with such awesome new tech. I bet it will be really amazing seeing as it skipped a generation. I'm expecting some big mechanical engineer environments
Absolutely, even if it is a carbon copy of 3s ship. The controls in the ship really reinforced the immersion.
God yes. I loved how you could host your own offline games in MPH. I would kill for that with improved AI.
>Will you buy it?
Absolutely, I'm going to get a switch just to play it.
Maybe later this year or early next year.
>>
>>386182718
Okay, makes sense. A bigger question is what system will Sakamoto put Metroid 5 on, 3DS or Switch, If Switch manages to hit massive numbers next year it could become a Switch project but if he really wants to utilize the second screen he could make it the last big game on the 3DS.
>>
This was a good thread
>>
>>386184509
DON'T JYNX IT
>>
File: MetroidPrimeWorldDesign.png (163KB, 1664x628px) Image search: [Google]
MetroidPrimeWorldDesign.png
163KB, 1664x628px
>>386174935
>Map design is at its peak in prime 2
That's like saying map design was at it's peak with Zelda in Skyward Sword.
>>
>>386185824
You can't use fucking circles and lines to signify level design. If you do the same with dark souls and demon's souls, dark souls looks better but in reality the level design of demon's souls is better
>>
>>386184509
Yeah because it's a Prime thread, if it was a 2D Metroid thread, the faggots would start pouring in like in an FPS Halo thread on /v/.
>>
>>386186000
The first Prime has an organic flow to it and, similar to Super, doesn't compartmentalize the game into a bunch of areas. You get the Boost Ball in Phendrana but need to go back to Talon Overworld before you can apply it to proceed. In Echoes you do all the things in Agon Waste then go to Torvus Bog then go to Sanctuary Fortress and don't need to go back until the Sky Temple Keys.

Prime 2's world design is a hub which has no place in a Metroid game.
>>
>>386184678
>Samus Returns threads every single day
>mostly shitposting
>one single Prime 4 thread after like a month since the last one
>pretty good thread
That's pretty weird.
>>
File: Prime 1 vs Hunters vs Other M.png (1MB, 2018x1436px) Image search: [Google]
Prime 1 vs Hunters vs Other M.png
1MB, 2018x1436px
>>386185824
did you make this?
could you do one for Hunters and Federation Force too?
because i really hated Hunters' world design
>>
>>386186545
it's gonna get bad once Odyssey is out of the way
again, don't push it
>>
>>386186545
I honestly think /v/ hates 2D Metroid and FPS Halo games. /v/ shitpost like crazy every time we have a 2D Metroid thread or FPS Halo thread, but as soon as we have a Metroid Prime thread or a Halo Wars thread, all of a sudden it's good. That shit really pisses me off.
>>
File: Metroid Sprites 2x BG - D.png (224KB, 1287x1770px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Sprites 2x BG - D.png
224KB, 1287x1770px
>>
>>386186593
I haven't played Hunters in well over ten years but from that image it looks like Prime 3 where it functions similarly to a level select with independent areas. Those images only focus on the macro design of the world, so Hunters would probably end up looking very similar to Prime 3.
>>
>>386186545
anti-prime 2D only metroid "fans" are people like Andrew Dobsin and Moviebob, what kind of behavior do you expect from them?
>>
>>386186593
Hunters would literally be the same as Prime 3, but with 1 line instead of several. It's just showing area transitions.
>>
>>386186934
and then you have this special snowflake autist who think people really give a damn about Halo Wars and somehow not like Prime while enjoying modern Halo >>386186768
>>
>>386165697
>whining about cosmetic unlocks
>>
>>386187251
Not really. The hardest difficulty is also amiibo locked.
>>
File: Nutroid vs Super Metroid.png (659KB, 1272x432px) Image search: [Google]
Nutroid vs Super Metroid.png
659KB, 1272x432px
>>386165697
>MercurySteam
>Melee counter that is spammable
>Teleporters
>Polygonal graphics over sprites
>Essential content gated behind limited edition physical DLC
No one was buying it to begin with.
>>
>>386187462
Nigga I have it pre-ordered.
Now get the fuck out. This thread was comfy and you're ruining it.
>>
File: 1501805179827.jpg (47KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1501805179827.jpg
47KB, 540x405px
>>386187435
>hardest difficulty locked
>when the official site lists it as a separate difficulty with a shitty suit, not stating that it's the hardest one in the game
The only sites I found that state the amiibo unlocks the hardest mode in the game were polygon and some youtubers
>>
>>386187462
I'm buying the game whether you like it or not shithead
>>
File: SamusReturns-Melee.webm (1MB, 698x720px) Image search: [Google]
SamusReturns-Melee.webm
1MB, 698x720px
>>386187820
Defend this.

>>386187909
Wrong.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/29/metroid-samus-returns-fusion-mode-is-amiibo-exclusive
>>
>>386188050
I wish it wasn't so blurry. They really need to crank up the threshold on their bloom filter.
>>
>>386188030
I'm pirating the game and it's amiibo features weather you like it or not shithead
>>
>>386188050
>Defend this.
Nah, I don't think I will.
You can gtfo though.
>>
>>386188050
>samus now has a marth counter ability
the hand-holding is real.
>>
File: rally_the_bounty_hunters.jpg (143KB, 1192x670px) Image search: [Google]
rally_the_bounty_hunters.jpg
143KB, 1192x670px
>Metroid PRIME thread
>people spamming sakamotroid shit in the thread
why? because they reused the jingles from the sub-series?
>>
>>386188212
No shit, you couldn't if you tried
>>
>>386188323
That's not even the worse of it, skip to 8:50 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-CQYdkKoM
They're literally taking out the exploration from a Metroid game.
>>
>>386163507
My favorite Metroid prime was Super Metroid since it wasn't a prime.
>>
>>386188484
It makes autists like you sperg out. Thus it is a good feature.
>>
>>386188196
Good for you, I hope they brick your 3DS, mother fucker.
>>
>>386188484
Keep casting that bait out. You might just hook someone.
Thanks for ruining the comfy, by the way.
>>
File: tubes time.png (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tubes time.png
22KB, 640x640px
can we post tubes pls?
>>
File: 1499047070581.gif (3KB, 281x204px) Image search: [Google]
1499047070581.gif
3KB, 281x204px
>>386188742
I have no problem with this.
>>
>>386188692
yeah (You)
>>
File: tubes beach.png (745KB, 820x631px) Image search: [Google]
tubes beach.png
745KB, 820x631px
>>386188801
excellent
>>
File: thardus.png (55KB, 500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
thardus.png
55KB, 500x1600px
>>386188742
>>
File: 44b.png (233KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
44b.png
233KB, 378x378px
>game
If we're restricted to the Prime series, I have to say the first one. The second and third brought in some interesting ideas, but they also showed signs of creative roadblocks. The first prime was handled just great, aside from the awkward controls. As a first person game, I'll always prefer a keyboard and mouse over any other scheme.

>suit
Either the Dark Suit or the Phazon Suit. It's not everyday you can enjoy being edgy Mccoldsteel with black and red decals all over your body.

>beam weapon
annihilator Beam, for sure. Ripping the fabric of reality never felt so good. Ammo limits suck though.

>planet
Tallon IV.

Hopefully it won't exist. Video games are for gameplay, not story.

Hopefully one rife with sequence breaking potential.

Have it turn into a robot for certain segments. Maybe a support ally for certain bosses.

Hell no.

>Will you buy it?
Depends.

Dunno.
>>
>>386187435
Hard mode with a cosmetic suit. You get hard mode with the game.
>>
File: 1501709166106.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501709166106.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
>>386187462
>>386188050
>>386188587
>>386189538
Make your own thread you autistic pieces of shit and let us enjoy our "shitty halo clones" in peace
>>
>>386189538
Fusion Mode is an additional difficulty mode, it's a step above Hard mode. It's ridiculous that difficulty modes are being held hostage by limited quantity DLC.

The highest difficulty for ZM, Prime 1-3 were all unlocked upon completion of the game not a piece of plastic.
>>
>>386188050
You know, you could just not use the counter if you're such a purist.
>>
>>386165697
I'm buying it fuck off already
>>
>>386189702
>a step above hard mode
Source?
And no don't bring up the IGN article because that one doesn't refer to the fusion mode as being harder than hard mode
>>
i'm pressing the button now
>>
File: SamusReturns-BossBattle.webm (1MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
SamusReturns-BossBattle.webm
1MB, 708x720px
>>386189978
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/31/16059284/metroid-samus-returns-amiibo-exclusives-hard-mode-fusion-suit-nintendo-3ds
>Some content in upcoming Nintendo 3DS game Metroid: Samus Returns, including an optional difficulty mode called Fusion Mode, appears to require the use of Nintendo’s amiibo figures to unlock.

>>386189717
The game is balanced around it, it's like saying to play Mario Galaxy without using the jump button. Refer to this """boss fight""".
>>
>>386190150
>polygon
>reliable
>>386187909 was right
>>
File: Hornet.jpg (39KB, 650x582px) Image search: [Google]
Hornet.jpg
39KB, 650x582px
Nintendo needs to take a few lessons from that indie game Hollow Knight. It was everything I could ask for in a Metroid game. They nailed it perfectly.

>very few disgusting cutscenes
>no sex fanservice degrading the female characters
>good difficult gameplay with new game plus difficulty modes
>FREE DLC
>truly open world that allows for exploration and sequence breaks, without making vast swathes of nothingness ala Assassin's Creed
>tight controls with multiple movement options and customizable charms that improve gameplay
>>
>>386190150
>game is balanced around it
Said the anon, having not played the game.
>>
File: 1501715794999.png (13KB, 419x414px) Image search: [Google]
1501715794999.png
13KB, 419x414px
>>386190239
>Polygon directly talk to Nintendo
>Report the information they got from Nintendo

>'T-t-that doesn't count!'
>>
File: 1501792460095.jpg (35KB, 848x466px) Image search: [Google]
1501792460095.jpg
35KB, 848x466px
>Metroid PRIME thread
>2d fags show up and shit it up with their non-stop complaining
>>
File: SamusReturns-Melee2.webm (1MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
SamusReturns-Melee2.webm
1MB, 708x720px
>>386190413
It's pretty obvious from watching gameplay that it's a mechanic that is designed to be used quite frequently. It's a 'press X to awesome' without a cool down and enemies blatantly telegraph their moves obviously to encourage use of the move.
>>
>>386190427
>Information about the Metroid amiibo functionality in Metroid: Samus Returns started to come out via Nintendo Japan and Nintendo U.K. earlier this month, but the official descriptions of what each figure unlocks was a source of confusion for some players
>Polygon reached out to Nintendo for clarification on whether Fusion Mode was indeed exclusive to the (squishy) Metroid amiibo, or if players could unlock it through other methods. The company pointed us to its messaging on Facebook.
Where the fuck does it say that they asked Nintendo whether Fusion mode is the hardest mode in the game?
>>
>>386184509
>>386184678
He jinxed it
>>
File: CjojyGkUUAAOZCT.webm (352KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
CjojyGkUUAAOZCT.webm
352KB, 320x180px
THIS THREAD IS FOR METROID PRIME
NOT TRADITIONAL METROID
MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS SHIT
>>
>>386190150
Is this boss fight supposed to be bad or something? Have you ever played the original Metroid II? Some of the boss fights in that game were literally just "shoot up to win". I'll accept some creative liberties in this case.
>>
File: sneaky sylux.png (889KB, 958x1349px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky sylux.png
889KB, 958x1349px
>>386191032
only one more month, man.
>>
>>386191036
If they made the boss good, there wouldn't be a problem. But he barely even attacks Samus half the time, and sets up for obvious counters the other half of the time. At no point should a boss purposely stand still for 5 seconds so you can wail on them endlessly.
>>
File: 1499373961610.jpg (99KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499373961610.jpg
99KB, 618x800px
Why can't we all just agree that metroid games are awesome
>>
>>386190680
Who said anything about it being the hardest? It's a different difficulty mode but the fact that it's being held hostage by limited edition DLC is ridiculous when all difficulty modes were unlocked in past games by beating the game once.
>>
File: 074 - oVxSOpZ.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
074 - oVxSOpZ.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
What's everyone's favorite piece of Metroid art?
>>
File: 1501728531648.jpg (142KB, 690x854px) Image search: [Google]
1501728531648.jpg
142KB, 690x854px
>>386191295
I did here >>386189978 you bloody faggot
And you showed me Polygon which didn't answer my question
Fuck you, I'm buying this game and the amiibo just to spite you and everyone else in the thread that's been complaining about it.
>>
File: file.png (126KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
126KB, 592x394px
>>386191289
>>386191430
why can't we stick to the main topic of the thread?
>>
File: Super_Metroid_Artwork_01.jpg (883KB, 1568x2059px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Metroid_Artwork_01.jpg
883KB, 1568x2059px
>>386191430
Why are the Japanese box arts always so much better than the NA ones?
>>
File: kenneth_metroid.webm (595KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
kenneth_metroid.webm
595KB, 374x374px
>>
File: ZS_OtherM.png (396KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
ZS_OtherM.png
396KB, 500x647px
I'm new to the series and just finished the Prime Trilogy. Currently I'm suffering through Other M, but I guess that was a mistake. Thinking about just dropping it, at least for now.

I know I pretty much fucked the order I should play Metroid games, but what should I play now? I don't really care about the chronology, just the fun factor. So, Prime Hunters? Zero Mission? AMR2?
>>
>>386191214
More like a month and a half.
>>
>>386190431
>2d fags show up and shit it up with their non-stop complaining
No, just this one faggot and his possy shitting up this thread like he does the 2D Metroid threads.
>>
>>386191708
Play Metroid: zero Mission, then AM2R, then Super Metroid, and Fusion if you feel like it. They're the best of the 2D series.
>>
File: Nutroid vs N64 Game.png (713KB, 1164x374px) Image search: [Google]
Nutroid vs N64 Game.png
713KB, 1164x374px
>>386191584
>I'm buying this game
Reminder each copy of SR bought is a message to Nintendo to drop sprites altogether and stick with 2.5D which looks worse than N64 games.
>>
>>386191289
As a guy that discovered metroid 2 months ago and has played through all of the 2d games and just finished Prime 2 I'll say that both 2d and 3d are equally as good in terms of level design, music and atmosphere, gameplay and story with Prime being just slightly better in the latter. I don't understand the hate and divide between the fandom when it comes to these games

>>386191430
This concept art from Prime 2
>>
>>386192000
fuck you and your trips you old man
>>
>>386192000
>drop sprites altogether and stick with 2.5D
They've been doing that since A Link between worlds
>>
File: 1430174208883.jpg (31KB, 446x402px) Image search: [Google]
1430174208883.jpg
31KB, 446x402px
>>386192016
>>386191289
I love Metroid games of any kind. 2D or 3D, I don't mind. I just want quality games. Of course, there are issues that actively prevent games from being good, such as the gross over-sexualization of Samus herself.

>haha dude what are you, a fag XDXD

yes yes, get the jokes out of the way. Meanwhile, I want you to tell me why Samus needs to be out of her suit for any longer than the end credits sequence. That's just fluff that's unnecessary in the modern gaming age. Samus needs to be kicking ass and taking names in a fun, videogamey fashion, without excess masturbatory wank fuel put in because Sakamoto has a fetish for helpless damsels who get shot by his self-insert.

But thanks to the Smash community and autists like Dobson and Moviebob, Samus has to be this bimbo slut who undresses every 5 seconds and has "deep emotions". Heaven forbid we have a decently strong female character without her fellating a pole and sucking off every guy in a 5 mile radius.
>>
File: Quadraxis.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Quadraxis.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>386192016
I'm not sure how you could think Prime 2 has level design near as good as ZM or Super but one thing Prime 2 did do better than both games is boss fights.

This fight is 100% ludo.
>>
File: Armored Cuck fag.png (256KB, 1241x659px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Cuck fag.png
256KB, 1241x659px
>Metroid PRIME thread
>cannot keep 2dshit whining out of these threads
>>
>>386192450
Well I could think of it being better than Fusion or 2's level design
>>
>>386192670
autism is a horrible, horrible disorder
>>
File: considerYui.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
considerYui.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>386192696
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI8FksvRyaM
>>
File: 1501183734080.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1501183734080.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>386192898
I could never pull of shit like this and that makes me sad
>>
>>386192670
What about that post was incorrect, though? The post didn't even complain about Metroid Prime.
>>
>>386192000
There's nothing wrong with 2.5D, it's that the art style of Samus Returns is boring as hell. Metroid warrants a unique art style that really highlights the sense of mystique that the alien worlds you navigate in previous Metroid games always had to take you in. I do hope they fix that for Metroid 5.
>>
File: leff.png (314KB, 311x417px) Image search: [Google]
leff.png
314KB, 311x417px
hey metroidfags I recently played Zero Mission and really liked it, it was my first metroid game

What should I play next? I'm kinda feeling the Prime series since I got a new pc and I could play them 1080p 60fps and even with mouse and keyboard but I don't know
>>
>>386193739
Super Metroid would be the next logical step after Zero Mission

Playing Metroid Prime on gamecube is perfectly fine to be honest, since dolphin is such a bitch to get working
>>
>>386193739
Play Am2r then Super and Fusion last. After that try the Prime Trilogy and Samus Returns when it comes out.
Avoid Other M
>>
File: Nutroid vs Metroid Fusion.png (400KB, 1050x328px) Image search: [Google]
Nutroid vs Metroid Fusion.png
400KB, 1050x328px
>>386193671
>There's nothing wrong with 2.5D
There's nothing wrong with a 2017 looking worse than a game from 2002?
>>
>>386193938
No I got the games to run pretty easily I just didn't know if I'd be missing something by going from ZM to Prime.

But maybe I'll do Super first
>>
File: LowerNorfair-NoSpaceJump.webm (2MB, 822x720px) Image search: [Google]
LowerNorfair-NoSpaceJump.webm
2MB, 822x720px
>>386194098
Definitely Super.
>>
>>386194098
Actually you won't miss a thing since Prime is the next game chronologically but the shift from 2d to 3d open ended levels is going to be a little weird
>>
File: ayy2.png (368KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
ayy2.png
368KB, 500x485px
>>386194015
Really dude? 16bit sprites look better than 240p models who would've thought

Run that shit on Citra and tell me that it looks worse again
>>
>>386190667
I agree. Everything I've seen suggests the counter is fundamental to the game.
>>
File: Sylux MP4.png (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sylux MP4.png
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>386193502
>ACfag: "please refute me"
how about you go make thread about this shit instead of invading our Metroid Prime thread, dumbass

nobody gives a fuck about Samus Returns here outside the fags not taking their 2D "daddy problems" outside
>>
File: YookaLayleeMinecart.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YookaLayleeMinecart.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>386194009
I actually wanna play Other M just to see what's so bad about it, I have a good history in liking games everyone hates
>>
File: 1501824589784.jpg (118KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501824589784.jpg
118KB, 1000x1000px
>>386194259
>Open ended
>All Prime games are more linear than Super and ZM
>>
>>386194015
Nigga, did you read the rest of my post? 2.5D doesn't HAVE to mean a boring, generic art style, but it's what they went with anyway for some reason.
>>
>>386193380
My sister did it once after like 3 hours of trying. It's so fiddly I haven't tried it myself.
>>
>>386194382
What's with that Sylux pic and why does it have a feminine design like Samus' suit?
>>
>>386194382
>nobody gives a fuck about Samus Returns
Not him but kill yourself just for this comment. Maybe we 2D fans should make a 2D only Metroid thread to keep you Primefags out since mentioning 2D Metroid in a Metroid thread is such a problem for you.
>>
>>386194542
Because Sylux is actually an Evangelion
>>
>>386194512
>I only played Prime 3's intro: the post
>>
>>386194382
you could've just ignored the parts about 2D Metroids and addressed the criticisms about the series overall. But that wouldn't fit into your narrative, would it? I even said I love the Prime series, how is that "2d bitching"?
>>
>>386194304
>run that on an emulator that makes it look better then tell me it doesn't look better
i hope this is bait.
>>
What if the metroid from the end of FF imprints on Sylux like it did for Samus?
>>
>>386194642
Can you do a reverse boss run in the Prime games? No.
Can you collect items without using unintended exploits in the Prime games (all of which were patched out in subsequent versions)? No.

Outside of the Artifacts and Sky Temple Keys, Prime 1 and 2 are entirely linear in your progression.
>>
>>386194454
The story is terrible compared to the previous games and the gameplay... Well image bayonetta but you only have a d-pad and 2 buttons to pull off combos
>>
>>386194791
collect items out of order*
>>
>>386194382
this thread needs more bitching about broader metroid talk.
>>
>>386194791
>Can you do a reverse boss run in the Prime games? No.
Can you collect items without using unintended exploits in the Prime games
I think you can if you glitch your way out of the game (like you would in previous games too btw)
>>
>>386194839
>up = jump
>punch
>kick
That's fine.
>>
>>386194974
Clipping out of bounds is not intended. Wall jumping, Shinesparking and Morph Ball bomb jumping are all intended. Pretty much everything you see in these crazy SM and ZM runs are intended by the developers.

I'm not saying linear = bad because that's not true but the Prime games are in no way 'more open ended' than ZM or SM.
>>
File: Am2r_enemy_tester.png (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
Am2r_enemy_tester.png
14KB, 288x288px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>386194725
I'm saying that the game looks like ass because the 3ds has to render the game twice for the shitty 3d gimmick, so it can only be 240p
On a decent console or an emulator 3d models look better than most sprites.
>>
>>386195192
I think I beat him on my third try or so? Wasn't that bad. I did enjoy it though.
>>
>>386195192
And then there's this asshole. On top of having to deal with Primefags we now have the am2r crowd that think their game is the best thing on earth.
>>
>>386195430
What? no, I just thought he was a fun boss. Can't I enjoy something out of the ordinary once in a while?
>>
>>386195430
Listen man, just fuck off already
>>
>>386195572
>Can't I enjoy something
No. You're either a Primefag, 2Dfag, AM2Rfag or ACfag.
>>
File: boss_crocomire.gif (29KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
boss_crocomire.gif
29KB, 512x446px
*blocks your path*

;_;
>>
File: 1500517535602.png (101KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
1500517535602.png
101KB, 4096x3584px
>>386195783
>>
File: crocomire birthday.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
crocomire birthday.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
>>386195783
Crocomire did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1501721430007.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501721430007.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>386195757
what if I'm all four?
>>
>>386195430
I don't think it's the best thing on earth, but I do like it as much as a genuine game.
Is that a crime?
>>
File: questionable.jpg (37KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionable.jpg
37KB, 177x278px
>>386196032
>Being ACfag
>>
>>386195959
Soma what are you doing there
You're Dracula's reincarnation not a bounty hunter
You don't even have the Varia suit
>>
>>386196253
>not liking Ace Combat
>>
File: 1500501160169.png (99KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1500501160169.png
99KB, 3840x2560px
>>386196357
>>
>>386194542
its a edited Sylux Brawl Trophy model on Smash 4 Samus' vertex

>>386194607
>Maybe we 2D fans should make a 2D only Metroid thread to keep you Primefags out since mentioning 2D Metroid in a Metroid thread is such a problem for you.
go ahead and see if i care
already have Samus Returns shit filtered since there a ton of console war shitposting in those threads.
i don't want none of that shit in my Prime threads, nor i wanna here a single thing about nu-Halo or Halo Wars, to the one halofag who prefers just 2D Metroid

>>386194671
>ACfag: "p-please refute me!"
I SAID TAKE IT TO THE SAMUS RETURNS THREADS NOT HERE
>>
>>386192450
This. Quadraxis is arguably my favorite boss fight of all time.
>>
>>386195430
This is why we need a Metroid General in /vg/.
>>
File: 2d.jpg (18KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
18KB, 464x266px
>>386196458
>I SAID TAKE IT TO THE SAMUS RETURNS THREADS NOT HERE
I'm talking about Metroid, not Samus Returns. You're making a whole bunch of assumptions.
>>
File: 1501474086216.jpg (82KB, 736x614px) Image search: [Google]
1501474086216.jpg
82KB, 736x614px
>>386196392
AC doesn't mean Ace Combat in that context though.
>>
>>386192450
Dark Samus is so fucking good. I really wish they'd let you fight her four times instead of 3. Felt weird to never fight her in Torvus Bog. Still the best humanoid boss fight in the entire series too.
>>
>>386196458
>nu-Halo
I bet you're the fuck bag that's been calling Metroid, Nutroid.
>>
>>386196413
Crocomire what are you doing there
You're an alien not a demon from hell
You don't even have a Boss Orb
>>
>>386195430
>in a Metroid PRIME thread
>"deal with Primefags"
was it autism or kino?
>>
>>386196603
I love animal crossing
>>
>>386196606
>they literally set up an underwater fight
>it just reforms, laughs, and leaves
what was even the point
>>
>>386196809
Animal Crossing x Armored Core when?
>>
>>386196915
IIRC, it got cut from the game. Fucking shame too
>>
File: 1500521961292.png (139KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
1500521961292.png
139KB, 4096x3584px
>>386196785
>>
>>386197072
Creaking Skull what are you doing there
You're a skeleton not a bounty hunter
You don't even have the Gravity suit
>>
>>386196765
i'll tell ya, if it was a Metroid game that wasn't a million/500k seller, i called it a Floptroid

>>386196598
>I'm talking about Metroid,
>Post 1: cap of all your posts with Samus Returns included with the top post
>Post 2: "What about that post was incorrect, though?"
sure thing faggot
>>
File: 1500855913495.png (93KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1500855913495.png
93KB, 3840x2560px
>>386197214
>>
>>386197281
You mean a post from ANOTHER THREAD that you brought here for no reason?

Meanwhile you just so happen to ignore >>386192341 which doesn't mention Samus Returns anywhere. You brought this on yourself.

>sure thing faggot
Ow the edge.
>>
>>386197037
Animal Crossing x Armored Core x Assassin's Creed when?
>>
>>386197326
Soma, Creaky, what are you doing there
You are Dracula's reincarnation and a skeleton not a bounty hunter and a parasite
You don't even.. y'know what fuck it I can't even think of anything good for this one.
I do love these images though, I was around when they were first made.
I miss those threads
>>
File: aos.png (63KB, 718x481px) Image search: [Google]
aos.png
63KB, 718x481px
>>386197572
Yeah Castlevania threads kind of just died out, did the Netflix show end or something?
>>
>>386197504
>You mean a post from ANOTHER THREAD that you brought here for no reason?
no reason eh? what's wrong exposing your little "past" Armored Cuck faggot?

and when i brought it up, you told me to refute it in this thread right now instead of a Samus Returns thread

>Ow the edge.
fucking pathetic
>>
>>386197778
>no reason eh? what's wrong exposing your little "past" Armored Cuck faggot?
The point is that I didn't make that post in this thread. And you said to keep all posts ITT on the subject of Prime. Why did you bring up a post that had nothing to do with the topic?

>and when i brought it up, you told me to refute it in this thread right now instead of a Samus Returns thread
Because the post had plenty to discuss, but you ignored it all because of your autistic obsession with previous posts?

>fucking pathetic
Says the man getting triggered by an opinion.
>>
>>386197659
A long time ago. There were only four episodes and they were all released on the same day.
>>
File: MetroidPrime.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
MetroidPrime.webm
2MB, 960x540px
bump
>>
File: LowerBrinstar-WallJump.webm (2MB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
LowerBrinstar-WallJump.webm
2MB, 640x560px
bump
>>
File: cr3hcz2g.jpg (156KB, 881x555px) Image search: [Google]
cr3hcz2g.jpg
156KB, 881x555px
So would you think if Prime 4 has an open world hub and 5 big open ended levels?
>>
>>386163507
Terrible. The game isn't being made by retro or directed by Mark Pacini
It will probly only have a singular planet with no backtracking.
They probably won't even show the fucking ship. At best it will show up once to drop off Samus and never show up again.
You know fucking well that it will be fucking soccer again.
>Will you buy it?
I fucking doubt I will.
Never, Please understand.
>>
File: metroid and baby metroid.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metroid and baby metroid.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>386198360
Don't talk to me or my son ever again.
>>
>>386198360
WHAT
>>
>>386169992
And who's ass did you pull that little nugget out of?
>>
>>386200337
Is the actual model only there for the mirrors?
>>
>>386200775
I don't actually know what they did for the mirrors.
>>
>>386200337
Don't talk to me or my daughter ever again.
>>
>>386200474
My own. I thought it was confirmed but I looked it up and found out that he hadn't been yet. Like they're not going to bring him back.
>>
I want Ridley to stay dead. No more clones, no more robots, no more Neo-Ridleys, no more resurrecting. Enough.
>>
>>386203637
You know they're going to do something with him in this since it takes place before 2 and Super
>>
>>386163507
Prime
Light Suit
Wave
Tallon IV

I guess the story is going to be about Sylux and it's rage against the Federation. Planets can be anything. Personally, I'd like a tropical jungle planet or a cyberpunk level since Sanctuary Fortress is my favorite level. As for the ship and the multiplayer, if they do a good job then sure. I always thought Samus' gunship looked great. I'll buy it when I get a Switch and if they don't fuck it up
>>
File: Denton.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
Denton.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>386203757
>since it takes place before 2 and Super
>>
>>386204014
The prime series always took place between 1 and 2, I doubt this game will break that tradition since not even FF did it
>>
>>386204614
And Omega Ridley was destroyed in Prime 3, what's next: Meta Omega Super Neo Ridley?
>>
>>386204860
It could just be the regular Ridley from Super
>>
>>386202808
They would have said something if he was.
Like how they would have said if Retro was working on Prime 4 is they had anything to do with it.
they are purposely keeping people in the dark as to not completely disappoint everyone with a Metroid Prime Other M edition.
>>
>>386204956
That would be boring
>>
>>386192898
Man I really love how the speedbooster sounds.
>>
>>386163964
>Samus can get caught up in gunfights between planet jumping a la the map system from NES Bionic Commando
>minigame has similar feel to the space battles from Rogue Squadron 2
Please do this Nintendo
>>
>>386165697
Reminder to buy the game but pirate the amiibo via NFC tags
>>
>>386206284
This
>>
>>386206284
>MercurySteam
>Buy
>>
>>386206483
Best selling Castlevania game ever, senpai.
>>
>>386206483
Nintendo still has a lot of in house involvement, so MercurySteam isn't running wild under loose oversight.
>>
>>386163507
honestly metroid became godawful when moved to 3d, it had the opposite effect of SMW > SM64
>>
>>386206606
SMB3 > SM64 though.
>>
I think Prime 4 is gonna suck.
Prime 1 had a sense of immersion and atmosphere to it that I had never seen in a game before. None of the sequels captured that to me.
>>
>>386206606
This
>>
File: considerHomer.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
considerHomer.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>386206805
>Prime 1 had a sense of immersion and atmosphere to it that I had never seen in a game before.
System Shock 1 and 2
Thief 1 and 2
Deus Ex
Arx Fatalis
>>
>game
Prime

>suit
Dark

>beam weapon
Plasma

>planet
Talon IV

>And for Prime 4
It's obviously going to be Sylux. Sylux will either be Federation experiment/ex-Federation member who leaves because of experiments. This will get revealed about halfway/two-thirds in and we'll get another "Federation's a bit evil" stuff without any real payoff again. But Sylux will have Metroids and be friends with pirates, so they'll still be slightly more evil so we can take them down.

One planet with multiple disconnected areas you access from a main hub/your ship. We'll get the same fire/ice/green levels, then probably a couple of more "out-there" levels (enemy ship, maybe abandoned city/etc.)

Fuck no. It was a decent enough idea, but it's just too slow and cumbersome to make any real use of. Even in 3 it was basically no different to the usual "scan panel to solve puzzle", except with obnoxiously-long cutscenes attached.

Prime 2-style multiplayer would be cool, but don't really care either way It'll probably have a slightly updated version of the mecha football shit

>Will you buy it?
Not buying this, not buying a Switch. I'll probably emulate though.

Probably no announcements until next year, but we'll get the announcement announcing that announcement later this year.
>>
File: troll.jpg (59KB, 640x289px) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
59KB, 640x289px
>>386206725
if you are going to troll, at least try to make your post even remotely believable.
>>
>>386206912
>Arx Fatalis
I am currently trying to get into this game but the beginning is fucked.
>only weapons you have are random bones on the floor of the dungeon that break in two hits
>there are plenty of enemies in the dungeon, most of them i have had to fight with my fists
please tell me this game gets better, i hated BOTW for the same reason. I love SS1+SS2 and DE but the beginning of Arx Fatalis is more frustration than anything else. I'm playing on Hard
>>
File: 1501537750163.png (70KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1501537750163.png
70KB, 288x288px
>>386207165
>SMB3
>All levels are solely focused on platforming with good and varied level design

>SM64
>Only platforming levels are the Bowser stages and Tick Tock Clock
>>
>>386163507
>beam weapon
Wave beam. That is all.
>>
Playing Echoes for the first time since I last beat it in high school.
Holy shit this is a slog compared to Prime 1. I don't know how I managed to get through it 12 years ago.
>>
File: sandwichhabbo.gif (30KB, 233x251px) Image search: [Google]
sandwichhabbo.gif
30KB, 233x251px
>>386207401
>SM3 is a fantastic mario game, one of the best
>SM64 changed gaming forever with its outstanding transition from 2d to 3d, incredibly fun level design, and responsive, easy to use controls in the 3d space minus the fucking camera
>>
>>386207315
>I'm playing on Hard
Holy shit, what the fuck are you doing that for? You play AF for the unparalleled atmosphere and customizing your runes. The game is very unbalanced and you can break it easy but if it's your first time bring down the difficulty, if you want to play a game for its combat go with Dark Messiah not Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>386206912
I was 8 when prime came out.
But also, prime felt immersive because of the unique hud and environmental effects on the hud, in addition to the environments feeling rich in detail. I honestly don't think system shock 2 or deus ex really have the same level of detail in their environment graphically or stylistically. Deus Ex has a lot of attention to detail in terms of lore, character interaction, and secrets, but the game is bland and ugly as sin at all times.
>>
>>386207639
I always play games on the hardest available difficulty, to challenge myself physically and mentally and be punished HARD for making mistakes. as much complaining as i am doing, i do enjoy the game and want to learn how to succeed and get past the "everything is terrible, all your weapons are breaking" phase. lowering the difficulty would only be an embarrassment for me, and then I would get mocked and laughed at for being a casual. Should I just restart as a melee character instead?
>>
>>386207785
>I would get mocked and laughed at for being a casual.
I can assure you no casual gamer is ever going to play Arx Fatalis let alone heard of it.
>Should I just restart as a melee character instead?
If you're not far in yes, otherwise you can look up a guide and how to break the game but I think your first play through for any game should be blind and then go back later with a guide.
>>
>>386207862
definitely not ruining a first playthrough by looking up anything, i guess i'll just start making a note of a route to take for the beginning of the game, and ways to be careful with my bone clubs so they don't all break quickly. maybe avoid some enemies until i can find the first town or any sort of place that will let me get a long-lasting weapon. i wanted to be some sort of stealth archer/thief class that can do OK in melee if needed, but mostly uses a bow, but I have no idea if that is viable at all.
>>
>>386208352
You can definitely play as a thief if you want to, but it's one of the least useful builds in the game simply because the moments when you need to face a hard opponent (while there are few mandatory encounters) are absolutely brutal.

If you end up liking the game then it's one of the most repayable ones out there and when you're familiar you can do some of that stuff but for a first play through I would definitely recommend a warrior/mage.
>>
>>386208761
well, i'm not too far in the game so i'll go with warrior to start, instead of fumbling with the unfamiliar magic/rune system on my very first playthrough, thanks for the tips
>>
File: 1501388943384.jpg (40KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1501388943384.jpg
40KB, 640x423px
>>386208809
No problem, hope you like it. It's rough around the edges but it's still got the best atmosphere of any game I've played and it's got high replay value which is something I like a lot in games.
>>
File: EarlyWreckedShip.webm (2MB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
EarlyWreckedShip.webm
2MB, 640x560px
>>
>>386209917
What the fuck even is Super Metroid?
>>
>>386210196
dope
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.