[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled: was it worth the wait?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

Now that the dust has settled: was it worth the wait?
>>
>>386163428
nope
>>
>>386163428
Are you fucking kidding me? Hell no.
>>
>>386163428
Not even remotely.

Even without the wait this would've been mediocre as fuck. If anything, the time between this and SotC is the only reason it was regarded as well as it was.
>>
>>386163428
I really liked it but it's cool to hate so I'll have to say it sucks because I want to be as cool as my anonymous friends.
>>
>>386163428
I wasn't waiting for it, but I did enjoy it a lot
>>
Definitely. Love it just as much as Ico and SotC.
>>
>>386163428
It's the worst game of the PS4 behind Knack and Life of Black Tiger

so no
>>
Don't know, never finished it
>>
>>386163428
Of a handful of people that I know that got it, they said yes. I never got around to it.
>>
File: isabella4.jpg (87KB, 622x620px) Image search: [Google]
isabella4.jpg
87KB, 622x620px
>>386163428

>voted most anticipated game by multiple sites back in 2008
>kept telling people on those sites that the game had zero gameplay trailers and they would regret making such claims
>get shouted down by everyone
>nothing for five years
>new "gameplay" trailers come out and everyone gets hyped again
>remind everyone that they've done this before
>get shouted down
>game finally comes out 9 years later
>no one cares about it
>>
>>386166735
what do you mean "gameplay", what they showed at e3 is exactly how the game works
>>
>>386163428
Meh
Game is beautiful, story is touching, Trico's animation is the best thing I've ever seen.
But game is short and boring.
>>
>>386167167

The first two trailers they showed back in 2007 weren't even that. It was just a boy walking on a path and then his companion swoops down next to him and he pets him. This doesn't even show the staged gameplay. It's just a cutscene. And yet people were obsessing so hard on that single they were making claims it would revolutionize gameplay and game design.
>>
>>386163428
>Now that the dust has settled: was it worth the wait?

For me it was, it made my PS4 Pro purchase worthwhile.

My GOTY and I prefer it to Ico.
>>
The game was too ambitious. It took almost 10 years to make it that short, but everything had god tier quality. A the last guardian game with full content, exploring the animals showed in the loading screens, more game mechanics, a bigger but contained game overall would be one of the best things ever made, but I don't think we can have that with the industry as it is today
>>
No, but it was still a fun little experience. I do hope Ueda takes it to heart and does better with whatever next project he does, if at all.
>>
>>386163428
No, it was a massive waste of my time. Like the game has actual Trico vore in it but there was only like two R34 pics of it? What the fuck I was so dissapointed.
>>
>>386167853
But it had all the content that was intended.
>>
>>386167853

I didn't feel it was a short game at all. 10+ hours? I can't remember exactly.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9995
>>
File: 1498382006715.jpg (230KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498382006715.jpg
230KB, 1367x2048px
>was it worth the wait
No
>so it was bad?
Fuck no. It was actually pretty damn good
>>
>>386167906
Found the virgin that reeks like semen and never showers.
>>
>>386168792
To be fair, part of the length is due to how you have to be patient with Trico's antics.
>>
>>386168860
Could have been a bit better. I honestly feel that had they allowed you to roam around the nest at any time, at least near the end, would have really been fun.
>>
I tried to like it, I really did
>>
>>386169106
They could have improved on a lot of things. Was still enjoyable at least
>>
To me it's a 10/10 singleplayer game. No inventory. Amazing world design. It's the kind of game you form your own appreciation for. I totally understand why a 16 year old would dislike it. It's more like a game from the early 1990s, flawed but still a masterpiece.
>>
>>386169634
33yo and I still find it bad.
>>
File: what_k.jpg (25KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
what_k.jpg
25KB, 263x263px
>>386169634

>flawed but still a masterpiece.
>>
>>386169634
25 lvl
it's a snoozefest, SOTC is superior
>>
File: MET-Lips-800X958.jpg (181KB, 800x958px) Image search: [Google]
MET-Lips-800X958.jpg
181KB, 800x958px
>>386169984
heres an example.
>>
>>386163428

It was an amazing game, but there is literally nothing to talk about it.

The game also doesn't change much during it's gameplay, unlike SoTC.

It's all about enjoying the story and interacting with the big bozo.

Still, there is nothing to really talk about it.
>>
>>386169835
Go to bed Andy.
>>
>>386167853
The game didn't actually take 10 years to make, it just wouldn't actually run on the PS3 and porting the game to the PS4 took a few years because of how specialized the engine was.
>>
>>386168893
Jokes on you faggot I showered before work this morning, now suck my cock big boi
>>
>>386170852
But muuuuum...
>>
>>386163428
It was my personal GOTY. Made sure to get a PS4 in time to play it and I really enjoyed it. Was it flawed? Yes, absolutely, the development hell definitely showed, but it's definitely a game I'm going to remember forever.
>>
>>386170918
It kind of did. They began conceiving some ideas around 06/07, but it wasn't until around 09 when they got the basic groundwork done for that leaked trailer. Of course, even then, Ueda and the team didn't have every little piece in place yet, since they wanted to make Trico move and act in a very certain way, and be interacted with in a specific manner. Then of course came the issues with the hardware. It did apparently run on PS3 reasonably well before the switch to PS4, but only after a lot of work, though the switch didn't help much beyond ensuring in the end that the final game could run ok (but far from perfect).

All in all, the ambition behind the game is commendable, but I do hope Ueda and his team realize that sometimes ambition doesn't always the product will turn out great.
>>
Game's amazing but everyone on /v/ saw a cherry picked 30 second video with frame rate drops on release so everyone knows it's utter unplayable garbage, even people who have never played it.
>>
My favoutire Ueda game.
>>
>>386171485
They struggled to maintain double digit framerates with the PS3 version. For the trailers they had it running at 10FPS and fast-forwarded the footage to mask that. After years of trying to optimize it they finally gave up and switched to the PS4, where they spent another few years porting the engine over.
>>
>>386171958
In the beginning, but Ueda said that before the decision to change systems occurred, they had finally gotten things to stabilize, though probably at some considerable cost to the game's look I imagine. Of all the team's titles, it was the most ambitious in its artstyle and aesthetics, even more so than Shadow had been.
>>
>>386172326
And where did you get that information from?
>>
I don't know about worth the wait, but it was a great game.
>>
File: Another World Poster.jpg (1MB, 2018x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Another World Poster.jpg
1MB, 2018x2400px
>>386171613
It's hardly the only reason some hate it. Trico's AI takes a lot of getting used to, and the game is much more linear than even Ico was, which at least allowed you free reign of the castle once you had activated the arena beacons. In a lot of ways, the game is akin to Eric Chahi's "Another World" in terms of the sense of progression, where everything happens in a neatly coordinated fashion.
>>
I'm glad it wasn't cancelled
>>
>>386172492
One of the interviews from around 2015, Ueda mentioned that the choice wasn't entirely his own. It's obvious that while they did make the jump to help improve the game's performance, it was also likely done because the PS4 is the current system and in need of content. Wouldn't be the first time a game was bumped to another system because the suits wanted it to.
>>
>>386163428
Legit one of the best soundtracks i've ever heard.
>>
>>386169274
That would have been the biggest thing, rest of the game was alright, even if the kid did sometimes feel like a mob bucket with a missing wheel covered in grease.
>>
File: Last Guardian wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Last Guardian wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Still bummed there wasn't a save system. I had imagined it was going to just be something like you find a tree or a spot to nap in with Trico.
>>
>>386163428
game was really good, wasn't worth the wait. No game is worth that much fuckery
>>
It is interesting how there doesn't appear to be any connection to Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, like anything beyond some thematic stuff like the horns and shadow creatures.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.