[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the problem society having with video games anyway? Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Whats the problem society having with video games anyway?

Im talking about all those "vidya are for losers" that only slightly changed when the whole "casuals vs hardcore" bullshit came and only applies to A^n titles. Numerous people claims that people playing video games should quit this "childlish" activity... and do what? Watch dumb TV series with them? Work 12h per day and only return home to eat and sleep?

Whats wrong with escapism anyway? Video games can give you temporary feeling that you are somebody special - savior of virtual world, slayer of dragons and orks, having friends and being loved. Sure, temporary but still better than nothing and good way to relax. After all, your only other goal is to start a family and bear children, so memory (and genes) of yours will be carried on forward. Thats the whole goal of life, isnt it?

Please explain.
>>
>>386152921
>Work 12h per day and only return home to eat and sleep?
How do you attain money? Don't tell me you suck off the government tit.
>>
>>386152921
>Video games can give you temporary feeling that you are somebody special - savior of virtual world, slayer of dragons and orks, having friends and being loved.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00
>>
>>386153334

Working for 8 hours per day?

You know, there is a middle ground between NEET and 12h/6d slave.
>>
>>386153567
My mistake. I thought you were dismissing work to just play vidya. Also vidya is socially accepted, thats why its so shitty now.
>>
there's not a single person who has a problem with vidya now as vidya has become a normie hobby. the only exceptions are /r9k/'s parents whose son is 35 and still lives at home and the people who find out you play hyperdimension or senran. other than that, people are not only okay with vidya, but actually expect you to play it. even casuals play candy crush and shit like that.
>>
>>386153803

I dont really see tis "socially accepted" part to be honest. Very little people admit in public to play games and those who do often lists CoD, BF, Overwatch or FIFA games. Even CS:GO became somewhat rare.
>>
>>386152921
People are insecure.

>Whats wrong with escapism anyway?
It's a sign of deeper underlying problems, but indicates that you're not interesed in actually solving them.
>Thats the whole goal of life, isnt it?
Life doesn't have a goal.
>>
>>386152921
It comes from their assumption that for someone to be good at something that they aren't that someone must have wasted their life on it. They are just unwilling to admit that they are bad at something.
>>
>>386153839

>people who find out you play hyperdimension or senran

I dont really see the problem with Neptunia games. Anime is wider accepted than games.

>candy crush

I ws thinking about real games, not mobile trash.
>>
>>386154163

>but indicates that you're not interesed in actually solving them

How about realizing that its too late to solve them? Or they are impossible to solve in first place?
>>
>>386154223

>I ws thinking about real games, not mobile trash.

yes but normies do consider that real vidya. the idea is that pretty much everyone plays some kind of vidya in one form or another. it's no longer seen as a loser hobby.
>>
>>386153946
You dont see all these stupid skanks walking around with Zelda shirts?
>>
>>386154380
>How about realizing that its too late to solve them? Or they are impossible to solve in first place?
What are your problems?
>>
>>386154830

No, I live in Europe.

>>386154918

27 years old and no social experience. This is the age where most of people are already married and having kids and I never was on a date, dont know how to talk and hold conversations and despite doing phd, I dont feel like I accomplished everything or ever will. Thats the short version.
>>
>>386155126
Why the fuck would you even want kids or even get married in your 20's?
Hell, even if you're an alley cat, you'd still would want to hold that off until you're 30. Kids are a big fucking deal and an even bigger drain on your life.
>>
>>386155368

Oh well, in my country many pairs marry around age 23 and such, at least few girls from my highschool married at age of 19, right after leaving.

But back to video games...
>>
Shameful selfbump.
>>
>>386152921
Women, jobs, and corporations are legitimately upset that they aren't good enough to wrestle even a small fraction of time away from people who play video games
>x literally cant compete
>>
>>386155126
>no social experience
I've traveled around the world, deployed to combat zones, won awards, own a house, been divorced, helped raise kids, been part of large charities/worldfirst organizations, have a close knit group of friends I've known for 18 years, hang out and have beers with coworkers and bonded, parties/vegas/prostitutes/etc. I still like video games and prioritize them just as highly as before I did all that junk. It's not going to change anything and as long as you're not autistic you're fine.
>>
>>386155126
>27 years old and no social experience.
Here's a reason people look down on non-casual gaming.
>>386152921
>Video games can give you temporary feeling that you are somebody special - savior of virtual world, slayer of dragons and orks, having friends and being loved.
Another problem. You're not special and society doesn't function as well when you don't play your part, even if it's a shitty janitor job for minimum wage. I suppose these days you can just get on the dole and an immigrant will replace you.

Video games are a great time sink, mimick a feeling of achievement just well enough to keep us playing and feeling good about it. For kids or those without adequately developed social skills, playing video games is a much easier way of having some fun. Women don't seem to pursue video games the same way as men, ie lots of young men with the usual set of anon life problems, and women have a much greater say in what's socially acceptable or not.
>>
>>386155126
>This is the age where most of people are already married and having kids
Fuck what everyone else is doing, do what you want to do.
>How about realizing that its too late to solve them
If it was really too late then it wouldn't even matter. You would be able to move on.
The fact that you're worried about this shit means that there is still something you can learn from it.

>and despite doing phd, I dont feel like I accomplished everything or ever will.
Have you tried going to a doctor/therapist?
>>
>>386152921
You're absolutely right, video games objectively add to most people's lives with out taking away more than time. People who watch random TV crap all night, every night are the ones who should feel bad about themselves.

Although there are people who should cut down on the time they spend playing.
>>
>>386154223
>Anime is wider accepted than games.
are you on crack
>>
>>386152921
Same when books were first widespread, then comics, then T.V., etc. I'm sure there are some other activities that are missing, but you get the idea; society will always look down on the newest recreational activity.
>>
>>386157749

Im "too old" for students ones and when I tried normal ones, turned out that groups are mostly made out of 40+ years old.

>>386158104

No, I simply noticed that its easier to find acceptation for liking anime than for liking video games.
>>
>>386159464
It's cause the vast majority of popular anime is low brow shit made for people who don't like to be challenged. Just like most big name games.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.